剧集 | 亿万 | 导航列表
-还有少年棒球联会 -还有童子军
- Same with the Little League. - And with the Boy Scouts.
所以没人会站起来反对他
No one will line up against him.
太危险了
It's too dangerous.
而且代价很大
And could cost too much.
这么说 他是花钱买♥♥了免罪金牌
So he's buying indulgences.
没错 但他付的是现金
Yeah, but he pays in cash.
我真的需要查克帮我看下我的开场陈述
I'd really love Chuck to have a look at my opening.
我会看的
I'll take a look at it.
我的法官曾经是查克的手下 他能…
My judge, he worked for Chuck. Can he--
我在南区检察认识他 我去接触
I know him from Southern. I'll touch base.
所有问题我都能搞定
I'm handling all matters, Chuck.
(查克·罗兹:我需要你尽快过来)
现在我真的需要好好听听意见了
Okay. Now I need to do some real listening.
你的意见 帮我过下最差情况
To you. Bottom-line it.
最大的问题
Biggest issue.
投资者对你非常警惕
You have investors who are wary.
你突然间变成大份额的长♥期♥持有人
You're a long-hold player in a high-vol game all of a sudden.
他们会越来越不安
They'll get more and more restless
担心你在这家对冲基金扎根
as you find your footing in this hedge fund landscape.
要留住这些投资者
In order to keep the investors,
我们需要拿下这帮员工
we need to win the employees.
没错 我认为这也正是
Right. Which, I think, is in motion
我们现在正在努力的方向
to the extent that we know how to reach them.
但我们俩仍然没能掌握这帮人的规律
But neither of us yet have rhythm with this bunch.
毕竟他们跟我们不是一类人
Not our kind of folks, on the face of it.
-但在这个行业里… -他们是最强的
- But in this game-- - They are the best.
也是投资者愿意相信的原因
Which is what the investors count on.
但是他们的做法
But the way they've always done it
会对我们以后造成很大风险
puts us at risk going forward.
我们已经谈过 不能让这种事情发生
As discussed, we won't allow that stuff to happen.
没错
Correct.
我还安排了后台部门把遗留的黑点挖出来
And I've tasked the back office with yanking out the odd remaining bad tooth
用于主动交给证监局
to turn over to the SEC
这样新公♥司♥就能焕然一新
so the new company can start fresh
重新获得信任
and with trust.
因为保留公♥司♥以往的样子
Because the place as-is,
证♥监♥会♥肯定是不会喜欢的
the Commission's not gonna like it.
既然说到黑点
Speaking of bad teeth.
我们需要一份全面的合规报告
We need a full compliance report.
没问题
Can do.
但是一旦我提交了报告
But once I hand it over,
你们也要承担责任
you're in it, responsible.
本来就该这样
That's how it has to be.
这是什么?
What's this?
这是我刚刚完成的归档系统
This is a little filing system that I've just implemented
可以根据违反证券法的程度 对过往的每一笔交易
to separate out our trades based on how far over the line of securities law
进行分类
each transaction was.
你知道我们需要一些干货给证♥监♥会♥
You know we need a little red meat to throw the SEC,
证明我们已决意改过自新 合规经营
something so they know we're committed to being a clean operation.
那这就是你们要的货架
Then this is your meat locker.
这些全都…
All that...
不合规?
is dirty?
我把你要的书都带来了
Got those books you asked for.
还从办公室把其他材料带来供你查找
Also a bunch of stuff from the office for you to look over.
你来搞定吧 对你的个人提升也有帮助
You handle it. Better for your development that way.
是嘛
Uh-huh.
我觉得我已经提升了
I think I'm developed.
伙计们都想听到你的消息
The line troops would love to hear from you.
不管你的休假什么时候…
Whenever your sabbatical--
不 不是休假
Nope, not a sabbatical.
这里的清新空气有助于思考
This clean air gets a person thinking.
-我是来思考问题的 -好吧
- That's what I'm doing. - Okay.
那你思考的时候 我就来处理你的工作
I will handle the work stuff while you think.
你觉得你需要多久…
How long do you imagine--
直到在我目前的位置上
Until I figure out how to actually get something done
能够真正把事情搞定的那一刻
from that chair behind my desk.
你已经认识我很长时间
You've known me a long time,
也知道我并不畏惧抗争
and you know I don't shy from battle.
但是那些无意义的抗争
But pointless battle?
并非我心之所向
It's not my jam.
我更不能甘愿失败受挫
Neither is losing, being thwarted,
或做徒劳无功的事
or spitting into the wind.
所以 我会回归
So, I'll be back
待我找到获胜之路时 但还没这么快
when I see a road to victory. And likely not sooner.
(『哈德逊河谷的本土动物群』艾伯特·弗洛伊德著)
-那我回去忙了 -不 等会儿
- I'll get to it. - No. Later.
你可以先留下来 尝尝猎人炖肉
First you can stay and have some hunter's stew.
不了 我不喜欢吃
Nah, not in my diet.
先坐下 萨克小姐
Have a seat, Ms. Sacker.
你想吃什么肉你自己选
You can pick around the meat...
我也可以有人陪我一会儿
and I could use the company.
梅尔维尔·里维尔刚发来邮件
Email just hit from Melville Revere.
我听过这个人
I know the name.
阿克塞资本留下来的投资者
Investor we inherited from Axe Cap.
噢
Oh.
里维尔先生的大炮和火♥药♥都湿了?
Mr. Revere's cannonballs and gunpowder got wet?
他用来放置兵器的棚屋被水淹了
The shed where he stores his ammo was flooded
是和他住一条河流边的邻居干的
by a stream he shares with a neighbor,
害他今天都不能放清晨礼炮了
so he couldn't fire off his morning blast.
一个不常用的词 反正是白人的毛病
Not a phrase I use often, but... white people problems.
确实 可他希望我们这么一家小储蓄机构
Truly. And why does he think our little depository
怎么帮他解决这么一个问题呢?
can help with this particular problem?
他的邻居就是查克·罗兹
His neighbor is Chuck Rhoades.
里维尔认为是罗兹放水淹的
Revere thinks Rhoades flooded him.
他还知道温蒂在这里工作
And he knows Wendy works here.
他认为罗兹的前妻能介入进来
He thought the ex-wife would step in?
能让她说服查克?
Talk sense into Chuck?
他认为既然我们在管理他的资金
He thought that since we manage his money,
她就有动力帮他解决问题 没错
there might be incentive in that direction, yes.
温蒂她觉得有动力么?
Did Wendy feel so incentivized?
你知道以前老报纸上的小漫画
You know how in, like, old Andy Capp cartoons
里面怎么表示脏话的么?
when the character curses?
她吐出了一串井字号♥和星号♥?
She let out a stream of pound signs and asterisks?
还有邮箱地址的连接符
And alphasands.
我们现在通常念作「艾特」
What we now call the "at" sign.
口头的表达方式
The verbal equivalent.
不错
Nice.
接下来说个不好的
Here's the not-nice.
我们必须帮助里维尔解决查克·罗兹
We have to help Revere deal with Chuck Rhoades.
-你必须去做 -最好不要
- You do. - I'd rather not.
那是当然
No, of course not.
但我们需要宣传素材
But we need the story going around that
说我们能满足投资者的需求
we are satisfying our investors.
得让好事传千里
Going the extra mile or two.
现在就是我们的好机会
Now is the opportunity for us
让正面评价传出去
to get positive word of mouth flowing.
我也想自己来 但是…
I'd do it, but...
你来的效果更好
you'll do it better.
艾特号♥
Alphasand.
瞧瞧你与沼泽地与田野同框的画面
Look at you, out here in the fenland and fields.
所以你成了现代版的辛辛纳图斯
So, you've become a modern day Cincinnatus,
辛辛纳图斯:罗马共和国时期,罗马受外敌入侵时其临危受命成为最高领袖
退敌后不久就他辞官返乡务农
丢弃了州的工作来这里务农
leaving matters of the state for the plow.
我单纯是来休息一会儿
I merely needed a break.
补充能量
A recharge.
我想你还觉得和我有事情未了结
I imagine you feel there's unfinished business with me.
但我和前一个人并不一样
But I'm unlike the man who came before me.
我不会给你机会对簿公堂
I will never give you a legal opening
因为我不会做犯法的事
because I do not break the law.
亿万富翁即便不违反法律
Billionaires break the laws of decency,
也会违背道德准则
even while obeying the letter.
剧集 | 亿万 | 导航列表