剧集 | 亿万 | 导航列表
Mohawk tribe is from your area.
主要生活在加拿大和美国的印第安人
是易洛魁联盟东边门户的守护者
The Keepers of the Eastern Door of the Iroquois Confederation.
你也是这么看待自己吗
Is that how you fancy yourself?
我面前的是酋长大人吗 整个区的守卫
Am I sitting with the big chief? The guardian of the region?
恰恰相反 我只是个被推选的官员
On the contrary, I'm just an elected official
按主的意愿履行职责
executing the duties of his post as he sees fit.
他是否让你坚守查克·罗兹阵营
And does that includes holding the line for Chuck Rhoades,
不论此人行事多么偏激甚至腐♥败♥
regardless how misguided or even corrupt he is?
打断一下
Let me stop you there.
你想知道我为什么支持罗兹吗
You want to know why I supported the Rhoades ticket?
我要知道其中的黑幕
I want to know the make of dark matter.
这样我才能接受
I'll settle for that.
他在我最失落的时候陪着我
He was there for me at my lowest.
在我妻子病重时来看我们
Visited us when my wife took ill.
葬礼上 他握着我的手
And at her funeral, he shook my hand,
看着我的眼睛说
he looked me in the eye, and he said...
"情况会变好的"
"Under better circumstances."
简单的话语
Simple words.
对一个刚丧偶的人来说远远不够
Not nearly enough for a man who'd just lost his wife,
可又有什么会够
but what would be enough?
他的话让我感受到安慰 发觉生命的美好
And I saw the beauty and the comfort in those words.
我可以活下去 回到州议会大楼
I'd live on. I'd return to the statehouse.
至少我有份做了一辈子的工作
At least I'd have that. My life's work.
当我回到议会
And when I did return,
查克会在那里
Chuck would be there,
他的友谊陪伴着我
his friendship awaiting me.
那是对未来的美好展望
It was the promise of a better future.
而且我明白 那是政客间能给予的
And I understood that that was the most
最重的承诺
that one politician can give to another.
所以抱歉 我不能背叛他
So, I'm sorry, I can't go against him.
我也可以当你的好朋友 萨普议员
I could be a good friend to you too, Senator Tharp,
只要你愿意
if you let me.
我说"帮不了你" 你哪个字听不懂
What part of "I can't help you" was unclear?
天哪 又来
Jesus. Again?
接受现实吧
It's time we stop sounding surprised.
塞克就是斯凯·马斯特森的苹果酒传奇化身
Sacker is the walking embodiment of Sky Masterson's cider story.
百老汇喜剧《红男绿女》角色 精通赌博
这我倒不知道
That's one I don't know.
假设你走进一家酒吧 有个家伙跟你打赌
If you walk into a bar and some fella offers to bet you
说黑桃A要从扑克牌中跳出来
that that ace of spades is gonna jump out of a deck of cards
朝你的耳朵挤苹果酒 你最好相信
and squirt cider in your ear, you better believe
你的耳朵会被苹果酒填满
you're gonna end up with an ear full of cider.
因为这只满了的耳朵 他输1800块
And this particular earful's going to cost him 1,800,
你输三十二
and you 32.
我的智囊团里 有人在欺诈我其他的智囊团
My brain trust is fleecing the rest of my brain trust.
- 时有发生 - 你有什么结论
- Happens. - What's the verdict?
萨普不会动摇 你们有什么进展
Tharp's not moving. What have you got?
在他的管辖区 安妮昂塔
Economic fallout in Oneonta, his district,
新冠产生了负面经济影响
in the wake of the pandemic.
- 直说吧 - 市中心就是个旧粪坑
- Spit it. - Downtown's an aging shithole.
州长划了几百万来填这个坑
Governor marked millions to put some perfume on that pig.
- 想象我们让这笔钱消失了 - 年老的白人
-And if we make that go bye-bye? - Old white people hate
很怕不能保留他们的历史
when they can't preserve their history.
我猜怂恿斯威尼反水没那么简单
I suppose it's not so simple as just asking Sweeney to renege?
我们要找几个同等价值的项目
We need to identify some equally worthy projects
重新分配基金
the funds can be reallocated to.
- 交给我 - 而且这么做的时候
- I'll find it. - And we need to do so
不能让你 普林斯先生
without exposing you, Mr. Prince,
担上刑事责任
to criminal liability.
乐意效劳
At your service.
我们能及时完成吗
Can we pull this off in time?
如果进入审判阶段 我们很可能会输
If we go to trial, we likely lose,
所以我们得商定一份协议
so we need to negotiate a settlement
让我们有赢的局面
we can paint as a win.
让他们能接受但不会太难受
Something they'll take but not quite choke on.
增加对公众开放的时间段 一种日落法规
Public access times, a sunset provision
在项目结束前 由国会审查其执行情况 以决定否继续或宣告结束
会逐步淘汰私人通道
that phases out the private access.
你已经有办法了
And you have a plan to pull that off?
当然
Absolutely.
我们只需要让法官和对手相信
We just convince the judge and our opponents
我们没有这样的念头
that it's not what we want.
你想让这个区域每家私人俱乐部
You want to open up the membership
和公园都开放会员资格
to every private club and park in the region
然后进入无政♥府♥统治
and let anarchy reign?
你变成希德·维西斯了
You're Sid Vicious now.
性手♥枪♥乐队贝斯手 极具朋克精神 崇尚虚无主义和无政♥府♥混乱状态
如他所说 "我不是真邪恶
Well, as he said, "I'm not vicious, really.
维西斯有"邪恶"之意
我觉得自己很善良
I consider myself to be kindhearted.
我爱我的缄默不言"
I love me mum."
安排很明确
Look, it's laid out clearly
40-A区所有人都将有资格
in section 40-A that all persons shall be entitled
享受同等完善的休闲设施
to the full and equal accommodations...
条款我很清楚 罗兹先生
I'm aware of the provisions, Mr. Rhoades.
不需要你叙述
I don't need you to recite them.
但我没看到任何迹象表明
But what I don't see here is any indication
他们明确违反了法律
that there's widespread violation of them.
这些俱乐部现在都有开放政策
These clubs all have open-door policies in place now.
"开放"需要进一步解释
"Open" is subject to interpretation,
我们的调查说明了这点
as our investigation shows.
来看看
Well, let's see.
保安朝一个非洲裔美国人♥大♥吼
An African-American man was yelled at by a security guard.
女子无意中听到 两个男人讲性别歧视的笑话
A woman overheard two men crack a sexist joke,
他们的会员资格并未取消
and their membership wasn't revoked.
一个俱乐部只有两名犹太人
One club only has two Jewish members.
两个
Two?
这样他们能一起打高尔夫和网球
So they can play golf and tennis with each other.
对 有这事
Yeah, it's a thing.
看起来都没什么根据
None of this looks good,
足以提出诉讼吗
but grounds for a lawsuit?
单个来看 这些控诉没有吸引力
Individually, these are complaints
会被置之不理
that get swept under the rug.
但放到一起
But taken together,
就能发现规律 哪些人能进俱乐部
they form a fact pattern about who has access
更重要的是 哪些人没有
and, more importantly, who doesn't.
这些俱乐部单是存在 就违反了本州法律
These clubs' mere existence is a violation of state law.
你们有权保留观点并提出诉讼 虽然没用
You're entitled to your opinion and your frivolous lawsuits,
就如同被告有权提起反诉
as are the defendants who filed a countersuit
阻碍纽约总检察长的工作
to block NYAG's efforts.
我们所求正是如此
We expected as much,
而且我们渴求在陪审团面前辩论
and we are eager to argue the points in front of a jury.
你一定爱死这次机会了
I'm sure you'd love the chance.
不过 我允许政党自♥由♥参与共同诉讼
But I'm granting a permissive joinder of parties,
把这些诉讼合成一个
combining these lawsuits into one.
- 等等... - 你没听错
- Hold on a sec... - Yep.
我要把你们所有案子的碎渣
I'm rolling all your scraps together
糅合成一道不寻常的美食
into one nice chop meat surprise,
而且我还要各党派签订协议
and I want a settlement between parties.
一份协议对谁都没好处
A settlement doesn't benefit anyone.
嘿 查克
Hey, Chuck.
斯威尼州长将市中心改建基金转至普林斯项目
一种背后下手的摔跤动作
你拿肯·帕泰拉的双臂握颈这招对付我
So you're putting me in a Ken Patera full nelson?
不 是查克·罗兹
No, it's Chuck Rhoades putting you
害你双臂紧锁 动弹不得
in this particular chicken wing.
擒拿摔跤中使用的折臂固定
他威胁要卸掉你的一只肩膀
He's threatening to pop that shoulder out of joint,
把本州所有私营企业都赶走
and private enterprise out this state along with it.
至少是州内你管辖的部分
Well, your part of the state, anyway.
他跟商界对抗
You see, his war against business
导致斯威尼州长
makes it far more advantageous
更容易倒向我们冲基金老板们
for Governor Sweeney to partner with hedge fund owners like me
而不是小公♥司♥或你们市政♥府♥ 利益差太多
剧集 | 亿万 | 导航列表