剧集 | 亿万 | 导航列表
But I'll tell you this:
别低人一等
Don't be beta.
本·金告诉我你想交易额小一点
Ben Kim told me you wanted to go smaller.
这是他不对 他是个好朋友
He owned the mistake. He's a good friend.
不过你要自己做决定
But you've got to make your own calls
为之生存或者毁灭
And live or die by them.
就好像你刚才做的一样
Like you just did.
你想吃什么 今天轮到我取了
Now, what do you want to eat? It's my day to pick up.
我想吃泰国菜 不过先让我确认交易
I'm thinking Thai. But after we book the trade.
我很喜欢
I'm a fan.
你在这里所做的 还有公众空间的
Of your work here and in the public space.
通常我都需要花时间 去劝别人
I usually have to spend time convincing people that doing
做正确的事情和挣钱 不矛盾
what is right can live alongside what is profitable.
我经常用你作为一个例子
I often use you as an example of just that.
谢谢
I appreciate that,
也谢谢你过来
and I appreciate you coming down here.
你表达了尊重
The respect it conveys.
不过
But, um,
不过我对你来这里的原因
I'm not interested in whatever list of Prince-approved
普林斯认可的名单 不感兴趣
sweeteners that you came here with.
你确定吗
Are you sure?
你都不想先了解一下吗
You don't even want to peruse the menu?
我只需要你答应
All I need from you
你们放下工会的钱
is a promise that you'll drop the union money
这样警♥察♥也跟着放下
so the cops drop along with it.
我们做不到
We can't do that.
而且 如果我和你说实话
And, if I am being honest with you,
作为一个在意公平的人
as a person who cares about justice,
我不确定这是正确的决定
I'm not sure that it is the right thing.
作为我们的客户 我们可以把他们聚在一起
As our clients, we can bring them to the table
讨论真正的变革
to discuss real reform.
我走过那条不归路
I've been down that road to nowhere.
需要剔除他们
They need to be cut from the herd.
你想知道 我怎么确定我没错
And you want to know how I know I'm right?
他们已经准备好跟随我
People are ready to follow me,
我都不需要多问他们一次
and I didn't have to ask them twice.
- 也许吧 - 他们跟随你
- Maybe. - They followed you
因为你告诉他们 如果他们不跟随
because you told them if they didn't,
他们道德上有污点
they were morally corrupt
你会昭告天下
And you'd tell the world about it.
通过社交网站毁了他们
Burn 'em on social.
那不是领导力 是胁迫
That's not leadership, it's extortion.
没有人在意为什么
Nobody cares about the why.
他们只在意 一旦发生
They just care that it happened
他们会被拉到公众层面
and that they will be dragged in the public sphere.
我是对的
I'm right.
我有平台 大家支持我
I have a platform, I have support.
没什么可以谈判的
And this isn't a negotiation.
你可以待到六点十五 有个体能训练营
You should consider sticking around for 6:15 boot camp.
- 我可以 - 你来求我的
- I can. - You asked me for this.
他的资质 根本都摸不到一亿的门槛
He didn't even qualify at a measly hundred mil,
我个人还给他 还给你担♥保♥了
and I personally vouched for him and for you.
他现在想做觉醒的斯巴达克斯
And now he's playing Woke Spartacus?
我请求你的时候
Well, when I asked you,
我不知道我们会和
I didn't know we'd be throwing in
国家批准的杀手 混在一起
with state-sanctioned killers.
我并没有漠视问题
I am not indifferent to the issue.
不过监狱系统不会因为
But the carceral system isn't going to change
一个人弃权 就发生改变
because one guy takes his toys and goes home.
监狱系统
Carceral system.
距离感真好
Has a nice distancing effect.
也许你能享受这种奢侈
Perhaps you have that luxury.
也许你做了那样的决定
Or maybe you just make that choice.
不过我们要做一些事
But we are going to do something about it.
至少尽我们所能
Or as much as we can.
你这么做的时候 为什么不想一下
Whilst doing that, why not figure out how
我们如何满足他的要求 而不需要我们牺牲资本
we can satisfy his needs without us sacrificing capital?
因为这两方面存在直接矛盾
Because those things are in direct conflict.
见到你很好
It was nice to see you.
直到不想见到你
Until it wasn't.
你好
Hello.
莎拉·加拉赫打过来 说她十分激动
Sarah Gallagher called to say she's thrilled to be
- 能出现在普林斯清单上 - 很好
- on the Prince List. - Excellent.
她还想给菲利普首席科技官的职位
And she's offered Philip a job as CTO.
你给我挖了个坑
You set me up.
为了你老板达成交易 没错 我给你挖了个坑
To close a deal for your boss, yes, I set you up.
如果有意想不到的后果
If there were unintended consequences.
彻头彻尾 是故意的
Entirely and completely intended.
你想让我离开迈克尔·普林斯资本
You want me out of Michael Prince Capital.
我根本不想让你进来 不过你还是来了
I didn't want you here at all, but you are.
尽管不是我的计划 但也没有完全超乎意料
And while it wasn't my plan, it wasn't entirely unexpected.
莎拉·加拉赫的公♥司♥更适合你
Sarah Gallagher's company would be a better fit for you,
即使我不引导她 她自己也知道这一点
and she knew that without me prompting her.
不 你只是不想让我待在这里
No, no. You just don't like me here,
让我的双手埋在肮脏的大♥陆♥币里面
getting my hands soiled by that filthy continental currency.
1775年美国独♥立♥战争开始后 大♥陆♥会议开始发行纸币 称为大♥陆♥币
比起待在这里 你能做更好的事情
You are meant for better things than this place.
我们两个聊一下
Give us a moment.
我不会接受那份工作
I'm not taking that job.
你先出去
Walk it off. Now.
我们知道结果指向哪里
We know where this leads.
我们知道
We do.
我想让他远离这里 越久越好
I wanted to keep him out of here for as long as possible.
你之前也是这么想的 现在他却在这里
And you did, and now he's here.
因为他就是这里需要的
Because he is exactly the kind of talent
那种人才 现在和将来
this place needs for where it's going.
以后的事
For after.
我会咨♥询♥你
I will consult you,
我会依靠你
and I will rely on you,
只要你和我并肩 我会相信你
and I will trust you as long as you'll ride with me.
不过我做生意 不是为了你高兴
But I can't run my business to make you happy.
我收到确切消息 莱热尔和印第安纳农工大董事会
I got confirmation that Legere and the Indiana A&M board
在四季酒店入住了
are checked in at the Four Seasons.
早上八点半 送他们来这里 吃早饭 看简报
Cars drop them here at 8:30 a.m. for breakfast and the pitch.
我会准备好
I'll be ready.
莱热尔先生 欢迎来到迈克尔·普林斯资本
Mr. Legere, welcome to Michael Prince Capital.
- 谢谢 - 请跟我来
- Thank you. - Please follow me.
各位都已经看过简报了
You've all seen the pitch deck.
除了数据和名字之外 我们聊点别的
But let's get beyond the numbers and the names.
我来自印第安纳州
I'm from Indiana.
在那里长大 在那里上学
Grew up there. Went to school there.
我了解你们的家庭 了解你们的历史
I know your families. I know your histories.
没错 我也了解你们的目标
And, yes, I know your goals.
你们想要所有的事情稳定
You want everything consistent,
我欣赏这一点
and I appreciate that.
年复一年 你们见到百分之十七的回报率
You see a 17% returns, year after year,
你们喜欢这样
and you like it.
因为你们不贪婪 这是非常可靠的一点
'Cause you're not greedy and it's reliable,
就像印第安纳玉米在独♥立♥日会长到膝盖高
like Indiana corn being knee-high by the Fourth of July.
不过让我来告诉各位 世界已不再如此
But I'm here to tell you, that's not the world anymore.
我们已经清楚地看到
We've seen it clearly.
你们需要年回报率达到六成
So, you need someone who can make you 60%
甚至六倍
or 600 in a year
来对抗一成的收益
to survive the 10%.
在不好的年景里生存
So you can survive the negative years.
在一个无法预测的市场里
In an unpredictable market,
你们需要没有内在关联的收益
you need non-correlated returns.
我可以做到 同时可以保持投资
I can give you that, while also maintaining investments
理性 道德
that are thoughtful, moral,
让地球变得更好
and for the betterment of our planet.
你们会知道 你们做的不错
You get to know you're doing good
剧集 | 亿万 | 导航列表