剧集 | 亿万 | 导航列表
我们需要一个救生艇 只有他愿意提供
We needed a lifeboat. He was the only one offering.
奥利匹克计划失败了
Yeah, why would you offer to help us
为什么你还愿意帮我们
after the Olympics deal going south?
我愿意忘记你的背叛
I'm willing to look past your betrayal.
我会搞定查克·罗兹
And I'll take care of Chuck Rhoades,
不会脏了你们的手
so you can keep your hands clean.
但如果你再在背后搞我
But if you screw me again in even the slightest way,
我就像《第一滴血》中约翰尼·兰博一样
I'll maim every single one of you
把你们每一个人都打残
like Johnny Rambo in Blood.
你不是因为爱这城或我们
You're not throwing in with us
而跟我们合作
because you love this place or us.
所以真正目的是什么
And what is the real agenda?
你想要我们付出什么代价
What price are you looking to exact?
当然 是要付出代价的
A price has to be paid, sure.
不过长远来看 对你是有利的
But it'll be to your benefit in the long run.
如果我为你们做这件事
If I do this for you,
你需要拿钱出来
you'll have to put up your money.
每人向迈克尔普林斯资本投资250,000美元
You'll each invest a quarter bil at MPC.
相信我 参议员 我也不想找
Believe me, Senator, I take no pleasure
这些范德维尔德公园的信托人麻烦的
in going after these Van de Veld Park trustees.
他们是良好市民 每个都是
They're fine citizens, one and all.
或许也没那么良好
Or maybe not so fine.
但总得有人为真正的纳税人发声
But someone needs to advocate for the people
在这案件中 那就是我
who actually pay taxes, and on this one, that's me.
祝安 再见 参议员
Have a good day, Senator.
第三个州参议员来为此向我施压了
Third state senator to pressure me on this thing.
这与我所知道的不谋而合
That jibes with what I know.
那帮人又联合起来了
The cabal is reunited.
他们在和普林斯一起制定战略
And they're strategizing with Prince now
来对抗我们
on how to fight this effort.
毫无意外 他是为了从每个人那拉来投资
And true to form, he stuck them each for investable funds.
更毫无意外的是 我们要斩草除根了
And true to form, we're going to mow them down.
萨普州参议员等在电♥话♥线路二上
I have State Senator Tharp on two
而立法议会马议员还在线路一上等着
and Assembly member Ma still holding on line one.
狼出窝了
The wolves are out.
他们来得越猛 我就越知道我们方向正确
The harder they push, the more I know we're onto something.
都让这些电♥话♥等着 拜托了
Hold all such calls, please.
你拖延不了多长时间
You can only ignore them for so long.
拖到我们能把他们都送上法庭就行
Just until we got them in front of a judge.
嗨 泰勒
Hey, Taylor.
怎么样了
How's it going?
在去办公室的老路上
Yeah, always good to see friends and colleagues
见到朋友和同事总是让人高兴的
on the old ride to the office.
比参加葬礼好多了
Better than a funeral cortege, you know?
午餐如何
How was lunch?
- 没什么特别的 - 很棒
- Nothing special. - It was great.
挺好的 如他说的 没什么特别的
Fine. Just fine. Nothing special, as he said.
本和图克要跳槽了
You're going to lose Ben and Tuk.
- 他们跟你说的吗 - 没有明确说明
- They told you this? - Not in so many words, no.
但 通过他们的神情
But, yes, by their affect,
比平时紧张多了
which was more nervous than usual.
我看到他们午餐回来 喝着蓝瓶咖啡
I saw them coming back from lunch sucking on Blue Bottle.
- 那是玛斐喝的玩意 - 意味着什么
- That's the shit Mafee drinks. - Meaning?
可能是他们突然喜欢上了手工冰咖啡
Either they suddenly grew a taste for artisanal iced coffee
然后专门跑出去买♥♥
and went out of their way to get it,
不然就是他们去"高原"面试了
or they took an interview at High Plains.
他们没签劳动合同的 对吧
They're not under contract, are they?
感觉是人事的是 你或许要跟温蒂说一下
Sounds like an HR thing. Maybe you take it up with Wendy.
她不在 请了事假
She's out. She took some personal leave
来重新集中精力和重启头脑 这不是重点
to refocus and reboot, but you're missing the point.
你觉得他们真的会离开迈克尔·普林斯
Do you really think they'd leave Michael Prince
跑去一个新生基金当星际迷航指挥官吗
and Starfleet Command for a baby bro fund?
如果他们计划一起跳槽
If they plan to leave together,
那或许他们不是真的想要跳槽
then maybe they don't really want to leave.
而是朋友想和朋友一起工作
But it's friends going to work with friends.
不同 但相似 他们怀念旧时了
Different, yet familiar. They're feeling nostalgic.
你还可以把他们留住的
You have a chance to walk this back.
除非他们是该离开了
Unless it's their time to move on.
离开你喜欢的东西或许很难受
Look, it can be difficult
即使你知道这是你应该做的
leaving something you love, even when you know you should.
- 你是在说我吗 - 是的
- That sounds personal. - It is.
我曾有机会在达芙妮·科勒手下学习
I had a chance to study under Daphne Koller.
- 麦克阿瑟奖学金获奖者吗 - 还有其他奖
- MacArthur Fellow? - Yeah, among other awards.
她在斯坦福人工智能实验室的工作
Her work in the AI Lab at Stanford
让人脑洞大开
is mind-bending,
所以我在工程学上
which is why I stayed in engineering a year longer
多读了一年
than I should have.
我对博比·阿克塞尔罗德也感到矛盾
I had a similar internal conflict with Bobby Axelrod.
他激励了我却又击垮了我
He built me up and broke me down.
我试图离开 结束一切
I tried to make an exit and ended up
却回到一开始的地方
right back where I started.
现在他走了
And now that he's gone,
你不觉得在这呆久了点吗
do you think you've stayed longer than you should have?
开始是这么想
I did at first,
后来我意识到我就应该在这里
but I've come to realize I'm right where I need to be
达到我的目标
to get where I need to get,
拥有十位数的个人资产
which is ten figures in personal assets.
金钱的魅力啊
That's the grisbi, huh?
你打算拿这笔钱做什么
What do you plan on doing with it?
这跟我的资产一样 是个人隐私
Like the assets, that's personal.
我想说的是
Look, this is all to say,
也许本和图克也属于现在的岗位
perhaps Ben and Tuk are right where they need to be too.
万一不是呢 如果他们要去别的公♥司♥发展
And if they're not? If their career path is to go elsewhere,
我不会阻止他们
I won't stand in the way.
真让人感动
Uplifting sentiment,
不过我要告诉你
but what I've been trying to tell you is,
他们离开对你没有好处
their departure will reflect badly on you.
这不仅仅是关于你的对账簿
It isn't just about your book anymore.
损失员工 还有他们的创意和价值
Losing personnel, their ideas, their value...
这些都会算在你头上
that's going to be on you.
呵 公开处刑
Ah. The optics.
而且他们非常聪明 业务能力强
Plus, they are fucking smart, good at their jobs,
也讨人喜欢
and not assholes.
如果可以 留下他们
If you can keep 'em, keep 'em.
如果留不住呢
And if I can't?
那就组织离职面谈
We should set up an exit interview.
跟他们提交换条件
Try to get something in trade.
我觉得
Yeah. I think...
拒绝 未定 同意
现在情况如何
So, how we looking?
我们争取到了哈德逊河谷 获得七票
We got the Hudson Valley. That gives you seven.
也搞定了手指湖
Good in Finger Lakes too.
还有雪城 伊萨卡 罗彻斯特 都支持你
Syracuse, Ithaca, Rochester, they love you.
给他们大学多捐钱就行
Nothing a sizable college endowment can't buy.
这样你又得了八票
That gives you another eight votes.
你喜欢先说好消息
You like to lead with the good news.
我有点懂你了 斯科特
I've learned something about you, Scooter.
我来说不好的
But let me share the bad:
有位安妮昂塔的参议员 他坚决反对
There's a senator from Oneonta. He's a holdout.
- 他是谁 - 克雷·萨普议员 共和党人
- Who's he? - Senator Clay Tharp. Republican.
从凯特·塞克出生起 他就一直在位
Been in the seat since Kate Sacker's first birthday.
那有很久了
Ooh, that's a long time.
也没那么久
Not that long.
他一直不接我们的电♥话♥
He's screening our calls.
我们要的数字是四十二
Our magic number is 42.
萨普能占多少
Where does Tharp fit in?
有他支持 这个区你能再得四票
With Tharp, you get four more in the region.
他能让我过线了
He'll get me over the line?
那就这么定了
That settles it, then.
我们去奥尔巴尼
We're going to Albany.
莫霍克家族跟你来自一个地方
剧集 | 亿万 | 导航列表