剧集 | 亿万 | 导航列表
但是我们很多人都想让你杀了它。
But a lot of our peoplewant you to kill it.
你可能应该。
And you probably should.
可能会。
Probably will.
我已经标记了最该死的段落。
I already flaggedthe most damning passages.
好的,这就是当务之急。
Okay, so that's the urgent.
现在,让我们处理重要的事情。
Now, let's dealwith the important.
啊,是的,你的通用基本收入计划。
Ah, yes, your universalbasic income plan.
不,别这么说。这是生活质量基金。
No, don't call it that.It's Quality of Life Funds.
“生活质量”?
"QOLF"?
- -- 不会从舌头上滚下来。- -- 不,它不会。
- -- Doesn't roll off the tongue.- -- No, it does not.
迈克钱,你知道吗?
Mike Money, you know?
迈克钱。
Mike Money.
- -- 是的,我喜欢。- -- 一个月一千
- -- Yeah, I like it.- -- A thousand a month
- 对于那些—— 是的。迈克钱。
-for those who--- -- Yep. Mike Money.
我现在坐在一大堆抵押品上,
I'm sitting on a tonof collateral right now,
所以是时候说服布鲁克林区长了
so it's time to convincethe Brooklyn borough president
落后于试点项目
to get behinda pilot program
证明它是有效的并且是可扩展的。
to prove it worksand is scalable.
我和你在一起。
I'm with you.
但即将到来的四届奥♥运♥会崩溃,
But coming offour Olympics collapse,
你确定现在是正确的时间?
you sure it's the right time?
这就是为什么它必须是现在。
That's exactlywhy it has to be now.
[听不清]
[inaudible]
放心,中士。
At ease, sergeant.
不放心,直到你离开。
Not at easetill you leave.
这就是为什么你是一个伟大的士兵。
That is whyyou're a great soldier.
时刻关注。
Always at attention.
您知道更有成效的会议就在您的脚下。
You know the more productivemeetings are on your feet.
这就是为什么我需要你在我的内阁。
This is why I will need youin my cabinet.
像水槽上方的橱柜,还是……?
Like the cabinetsabove the sink, or...?
一点也不。你看 -
Not at all. You see--
我看你想靠近耳语的距离。
I see you want to closeto whisper distance.
别。没有人能听到你的声音。
Don't. No one elsecan hear you.
美好的。
Fine.
普林斯召唤的 Die Informationenis
Die Informationenis that Prince has called
继任会议。
a succession meeting.
我在短名单上。
I'm on the short list.
所以,我来这里是为了让你有机会早点加入,
And so, I'm here to give youthe chance to throw in early,
从而确保您在新的早晨来到我的肘部。
thereby securing your placeat my elbow come the new morn.
那么,我可以指望它吗?您的支持。
So, can I count on it?Your support.
我想你很清楚我对你的尊重。
I think you know exactlythe esteem in which I hold you.
这件事我已经很清楚了。
I have been clearon the matter.
你不觉得我不欣赏它。
And don't you thinkI don't appreciate it.
我很看好你的副领导职位。
I've got a good eye on youfor a sub-leadership spot.
好眼力。
A good eye.
精明的举动。
Shrewd move.
迈克制定了继任计划,
Mike puts a succession planin place,
让投资者认为这是他妈的联♥合♥国♥,
makes investors thinkthis is the Model fucking U.N.,
然后他们就不管沙皇了。
then they leave the czarthe fuck alone.
[笑]
[laughs]
没有什么这么复杂。
Nothing quite so complicated.
我只希望公♥司♥足够强大,
I just want the firm to bestrong enough,
有足够的韧性去茁壮成长,即使我走了。
resilient enough to thrive,even if I'm gone.
是否有一些法律公告即将发布,
Is there some legal announcementforthcoming,
或者我敢说,你希望给出的预测?
or dare I say, prognosisyou would wish to impart?
我明白了。在旧制度下,
I get it.In the old regime,
你会从一个松木盒子里收到你的交易订单
you'd receive your tradingorders from inside a pine box
在你看到领导层变动之前。
before you sawa change of leadership.
他们不得不刺卡利古拉 30 次是有原因的
There's a reason why they hadto stab Caligula 30 times
将他拖出皇宫。
to haul him out of the palace.
Ax Cap 由 diktat 经营。
Axe Cap was run by diktat.
MPC是经过深思熟虑的。
MPC is run by deliberation.
斧头帽是建立在震惊和惊喜之上的。
Axe Cap was builton shock and surprise.
MPC 建立在计划和预期之上。
MPC is built on planningand anticipation.
投资者不必猜测会发生什么
Investors shouldn't haveto guess what happens
如果我的 G650 出现故障,
if my G650 goes down,
或者我滑下陡峭的岩壁。
or I slide offa steep rock face.
通过指定继任者,我可以——
By naming a successor, I can--
我的会议。我的议程。
My meeting. My agenda.
哦,呃,这只是我的成就清单。
Oh, uh, this is just a listof my accomplishments.
因此,基金在我任职期间的成就。
Ergo, the fund's accomplishmentsunder my tenure.
迈克不接受申请。
Mike's not taking applications.
我永远也不会。
I would never.
詹姆斯加菲尔德是这里更好的模特。
James Garfieldis the better model here.
为了你穿的那件背心?
For that vest you're wearing?
[轻笑]
[chuckles]
JG并不是最耀眼的候选人。
JG wasn't the showiestcandidate.
甚至没有参加第一轮投票
Wasn't even on the first ballot
在他自己的提名大会上。
at his own nominatingconvention.
但随着闪亮的小玩意失去光彩,
But as the shinier baubleslost their luster,
他开始成为可靠的选择。
he began to emergeas the solid choice.
共识选择。
The consensus choice.
正如我现在希望做的,
As I hope to do now,
与第 36 次投票相反。
as opposedto on the 36th ballot.
好吧,这次比赛只有一张选票。
Well, there's only one ballotin this contest.
你上它的机会为零。
Zero chance you are on it.
[滑板车] 你是议员。
[Scooter] You're hereas parliamentarian.
一个光荣的记笔记者,真的。不是投票成员。
A glorified notetaker, really.Not a voting member.
甚至在选票上也没有。
Not even on the ballot.
[点击舌头]
[clicks tongue]
请不要再这样做了。
Please don't do that again.
我们需要一个代替你的配音,
We need a voicein who replaces you,
-无论多么不可能。--如果你甚至考虑
-however unlikely that may be.- -- If you're even considering
让斯派罗斯成为继任者——
putting Spyros inthe line of succession--
- -- 零机会。- -- 很好,很好。
- -- Zero chance.- -- Fine, fine.
共识候选人很少在早期出现。
Consensus candidates rarelyemerge in the early going.
我只会静静地等待,
I'll just wait, steadily,
可靠地,为派系主义酝酿。
reliably, for the factionalismto brew.
但你的时机再好不过了。
But your timingcouldn't have been better.
我指定的继任者将是你们中的一员。
My designated successorwill be one of you.
究竟要如何决定?
To be decided how,exactly?
我正计划让你在下次会议上发言。
I was planning on having youspeak at the next meeting.
思想之战。
Battle of ideas.
但是我们为什么不把这个东西放在它的脚上呢?
But why don't we putthis thing on its feet?
现在开始定义你的指挥氛围
Start definingyour command climate now
并且表现得好像。
and acting as-if.
因为它来了。
'Cause it is coming.
你要我读这本书?
And you're asking meto read this book?
我不知道我在问什么。
I don't knowwhat I'm asking.
你做。
You do.
现在让你自己告诉我。
Now let yourselftell me.
我不认为自己是一个可怕的人
I don't think of myselfas a fearful person
或特别具有战略意义的思想家。
or a particularlystrategic thinker.
至于第一个,
As to the first,
生活的工作就是理解恐惧的工作。
the job of living is the jobof understanding that fear.
至于第二...
As to the second...
这,就在这里,就是这个地方
this, right here,is the place
我们放弃了关于我们是谁的谎言。
we give up the lies we tellourselves about who we are.
我最近说了一些和某人很相似的话。
I said something so similarto somebody recently.
但是,狗屎,是的。
But, shit, yes.
丹尼尔,是的。
Daniel, yes.
它也适用于这里。
It applies here too.
我做了一些既具有战略意义的事情
I did somethingthat was both strategic
并被今天的恐惧所驱使。
and driven by fear today.
我设计了一种方法来分散受试者的注意力
I engineered a wayto distract the subjects
书与书本身。
of the bookwith the book itself.
那样的话,他们会游说我他们是如何被描绘出来的
That way, they would lobby meabout how they were portrayed
而不是如果他们只是听说过,
instead of if they'd onlyheard about it,
试图让 menot 发布它。
trying to get menot to publish it.
因此,在向自己的恐惧屈服的同时,掠夺他们的恐惧。
So preying on their fearwhile giving in to your own.
剧集 | 亿万 | 导航列表