剧集 | 亿万 | 导航列表
Saying it out loud like that's a little weird...
但也行
but sure.
即使是我还在打比赛的时候
Even when I was playing,
运动员都很少发声
it was rare for an athlete to speak out.
但我觉得这事我的义务
But I felt like I had an obligation.
所以我让鞋商命名我的第一双鞋为"义务"
Why I told the sneaker company call the first shoes Obligato.
然后你就继续做生意了
And then you were off and running.
是的 而我也因此所向披靡
I was, and it worked because I always won.
或是说 赢够了
Or won enough.
我能看出来...
I saw that...
当我去到别人家里
that once I was in people's homes,
我能激励他们
I could push them,
让他们动起来
get them to be active,
变得更好
more active for the cause.
想要穿着比基尼的自己更加性感 没问题
You wanna look hot in your bikini? Bet.
使用"组合"
Use The Combine.
噢 同时
Oh, and, by the way,
你还支持了自我解放
you just supported liberation.
- 你找到了一个杠杆支点 - 是的
- You found a lever. - Yeah.
就像是我打球的时候 我说到做到
And, like when I played, I delivered.
那些学生 他们都很厉害
Those classes, they kick ass.
谈谈那收♥购♥
Talk about the takeover.
还有一周 我们就能把竞争对手
We're a week away from gobbling up
全部吞并
a competing system,
意味着我们对整个综合家用锻炼市场
which means we'll have complete control
能够实现垄断
over the entire integrated home workout landscape.
全世界每家每户
There's about to be a Combine in every home
都会有"组合"产品
all over the world.
而我想要把我的资产
And I'd like my net worth to be...
交给志同道合的人来帮我投资
to be invested by people who share my values.
听完了 这么快
The brush-off, so quick?
好吧
Well,
你浪费我的时间
you've wasted my time.
和他的时间
And his.
两者皆非
They did neither.
我是在欢迎你的加入
This is me welcoming you on to the Prince List.
噢 那太好了
Oh! Well then!
那个信守承诺
The man who keeps his promises
还打败了阿克塞尔罗德的男人
and even dispatched Axelrod.
往事不要再提了
Oh, he's firmly in my rear-view.
现在在我面前的是
What is in front of me
迈克尔·普林斯向我们的地铁系统
is this $2 billion donation from Mike Prince
捐出的的二十亿元
to our subway system.
我很困惑
I find myself befuddled.
然后你来是想要解惑
And you're here to be de-befuddled?
州政♥府♥预算不接受捐款
Well, state budgets are not open to donations.
为的是防止亿万富翁
That's how we prevent billionaires
来获取不正当的影响力
from buying undue influence.
我们所有律师都认为这笔捐款没有问题
That donation was cleared by every lawyer we could find.
而大都会运输署也依法声明
And the MTA by-laws clearly state
他们可以随时接受任何人的
that they can accept any donation,
捐款 礼物或是拨款
gift or grant from anyone at any time.
可以不等于应该
Just because they can doesn't mean they should.
这是无可争论的
Well, that is inarguable.
没什么是无可争论的
Oh, nothing is inarguable.
所以我才能继续风生水起
That's why I continue to thrive.
所以 你是要接受这笔捐款
So, you're accepting the donation,
不顾其潜藏的问题
tainted as it may be,
让他有机会按照自己的想法
and giving him the chance to lean on the city
摆布这个城市
per his own whims?
给我个法律上拒绝的理由
Find me a legal reason to refuse it,
那我会在他踏进门来那瞬间
and I will slap Michael Prince across the face
赏他一巴掌
the second he walks through my door,
就为了好玩
just for the fun of it.
在此之前...
Until then...
十二点半飞机到达印第安纳波利斯
Wheels down in Indianapolis, 12:30,
和印第安纳农工大学的会议是下午一点半
meeting at Indiana A&M 1:30 p.m.
你不在的时候 我们会继续审查候选人
We'll continue to review candidates while you're gone.
从监管部门拿到的小道消息
Got a tip from a regulator.
似乎运输工人工会在和州检察长
Seems there's an unholy alliance forming
结成一个邪恶联盟
between the transpo workers and AG's office.
你没跟罗兹手下 你的继任者讨论这事吧
You didn't discuss this with Rhoades's new you, did you?
行
Right.
运输工人工会的会长普林普顿 认识查克
Head of the TWU, Plimpton, knows Chuck.
不难预料州检察长会这么搞我们的计划
Not hard to see the AG took that opening to mess with our play.
运输工人可以以安全操作为由
Transport workers get to certify all new cars
对所有的新车进行认证
for safe operation.
而现在他们坚持不会给予认证
But now they're insisting they won't certify yours.
没有认证 也就没有工会成员去驾驶
No cert, no union members to drive them.
州长斯威尼需要工会
Governor Sweeney needs the union
不管他和我们的约定如何
no matter how locked in we are with him.
所以我们要解决这问题
So we gotta fix it.
领导人会如何说服这些司机
How is leadership going to sell this to the drivers?
岗位减少意味着失业
Fewer drivers means job loss.
是的 而且也不需要那么多的信♥号♥♥工人
Yep. And less need for signaling staff,
导致四分之一的工人下岗
putting a quarter of their employees out of work.
工会会强迫市政♥府♥拒绝这礼物
The union's going to force the city to reject your gift.
除非
Unless?
两个方法
Two roads.
贿赂或是淘汰他们
You can either buy their love or render them obsolete.
淘汰需要时间 而我们没有时间
Obsolescence takes time, and we have none,
所以我建议通过一个再培训计划
so I recommend buying them with a retraining
还有职位扩张计划贿赂他们
and job expansion program.
- 听起来会是很大一笔支出 - 确实会
- That sounds expensive. - Oh, it will be.
给他们开出最好的条件 尽快拿下来
Offer them whatever you can, and do it fast.
这钱花得是不是有点不值当
Isn't this getting too expensive to be worth it?
只要奥♥运♥火炬能曼哈顿亮起
Not until the torch is lit in Manhattan.
就没有其它办法了吗
No other way to everything you want?
没有 我们别无它选
No. And no.
-斯图尔特 - 迈克·普林斯
- Stuart. - Michael Prince.
跟你约见真是让人喜忧参半
I loved and hated seeing you on my schedule.
喜是因为你的身份和地位为学校带来的益处
The one because of everything you mean to this place,
而忧则是因为你马上就要对我提出你的要求
the other because you're going to ask me a question,
而我马上要拒绝它
and I am going to say no to it.
以前 学校拒绝投资我的基金
In the past, when the school
尚且有理有据 毕竟那是私募基金
refused to invest in my Fund, well, it was private equity,
你们也有关于长锁定期的规定
and you have rules about long-term lock-ups.
但这次的是对冲基金 而且...
But this is a hedge fund and...
我个人是完全同意的
I'm up on all of that.
我也想过办法怎么接受你的投资
I looked to find a way to say yes.
你有29亿美元可以得到更好的规划
You have 2.9 billion that could be better managed.
而我终于可以帮到你了
I'm finally in the position to do just that.
- 我看不到拒绝的理由 - 不是我说了算的
- Seems an easy yes. - Isn't even my call.
我们的捐赠基金委员会按规矩办事
We have a Board of Endowments. They follow guidelines.
你的基金太新了 不够成熟
Your new fund is too new, not well enough established.
章程里要求有两年的运行记录
By-laws ask for a two-year track record.
他们不会见你的
They won't see you.
我等多久都不行
No matter how long I wait?
等多久都不行
No matter.
我了解你 知道你在极力隐藏
I know you well enough to know that you are masking
震惊和失望
shock and disappointment.
美国著名摇滚乐手
还有印第安纳的约翰·梅伦坎普式愤怒
There's some Indiana John Mellencamp
也在其中呢
anger happening, too.
但一般我和权威对上时 权威不总是赢家
But when I fight authority, authority does not always win.
这不存在输赢
No one's fighting here.
但我感觉挺挫败的
Feels like a beatdown to me.
我是印第安纳农工大有史以来成就最高的学生
I'm the most accomplished alum Indiana A&M has ever had,
而且也已经准备好让你们大赚一笔
and I'm ready to make you a lot of money.
盈利会比我能捐赠的数目还大
More than I can even donate.
我没理由受到拒绝
It makes no sense to refuse me.
剧集 | 亿万 | 导航列表