剧集 | 亿万 | 导航列表
我还有一个问题。
I've got one other question.
厨师,午餐吃什么?
What's for lunch, Chef?
今天的午餐来自abcV。
Today, the lunch is from abcV.
全植物性和素食主义者。
All plant-based and vegan.
我们有熏土豆和蒜泥蛋黄酱。
We have smoked potatoand aioli.
我们有花椰菜和姜黄。
We have cauliflowerand turmeric.
我们有一些枣子,一些椰子,
We have some dates,some coconuts,
dosas,扁豆。
dosas, lentils.
- -- 胃口大开。- -- 吃饭吧!
- -- Bon appétit.- -- Let's eat!
菲利普...
Philip...
帮自己上一盘……
help yourself to a plate...
在你的办公桌上吃。
and eat it at your desk.
唔!
Hmm!
如果我以前有这个,
If I'd had this before,
起诉你们所有人会容易得多。
prosecuting you all would'vebeen a hell of a lot easier.
当我们谈到职业失误时,
While we're on the subjectof career flubs,
帮我理解什么是他妈的有毒
help me understandwhat's so fucking toxic
突然想到中国钱?
about Chinese moneyall of a sudden?
我听说迈克不喜欢你的中国基础设施。
I heard Mike didn't go for yourChinese infrastructure thing.
如果有一些我忽略的受限列表,
If there's some restricted listI ignored,
就像我收件箱中的所有其他电子邮件一样——
like every other emailin my inbox--
不,我签署了它。对我没有毒性。
No. I signed off on it.Not toxic to me.
或合规性。或风险管理。
Or Compliance.Or Risk Management.
他妈的我在这里失踪了吗?
The fuck am I missing here?
也许只是这个。
Maybe just this.
迈克知道很多我们不知道的事情。
Mike knows a lot of thingsthat we don't.
我们都知道他不是马虎或古怪
And we both knowhe's not sloppy or erratic
或冲动,从来没有。
or impulsive,not about anything, ever.
所以我什至不推?
So I don't even push?
我把一摞摞的元都放在桌子上?
I just leave all the stacksof yuan on the table?
我只能告诉你一个好律师会做什么:
All I can tell you iswhat a good lawyer does:
服从客户的意愿,无论多么不明智,
Obey your client's wishes,however ill-advised,
但保持所有选项开放,
but keep all options open,
以防他们清醒过来。
in case they cometo their senses.
好吧,我想我们可以在这里进行更诚实的对话。
Well, I thought we could havea more honest conversation here.
前几天我在聚会上很诚实。
I was honest at the shindigthe other day.
-[轻笑]- -- 但是,是的。
-[chuckles]- -- But, yes.
绝对更容易在办公室见面。
Absolutely easier to meetout of the office.
你狠狠地推了我一把。
You pushed backplenty hard on me.
我必须独♥立♥。
I have to be independent.
当然。
Of course.
但如果有共同点,
But if there arecommonalities of interest,
我们俩的成功之路,
paths to success for both of us,
我会听你的。
I will hear you out.
听我谈谈为什么 Mike Money 是一个很好的目标。
Hear me on why Mike Moneyis such a good target.
不确定我是否也这么看。
Not sure I see itthe same way.
Mike Money 中的“Mike”是设计我搬迁的人。
The "Mike" in Mike Money is theguy who engineered my removal.
-[轻笑]- -- 他做了那件事。
-[chuckles]- -- He did that thing.
这并不意味着这件事全错了。
It doesn't mean this thingis all wrong.
他想捐出一大笔钱
He wants to give vast sumsof money away
——给需要的人————要问自己的问题
-to people who need it--- -- The question to ask yourself
当谈到这些巨头时:
when it comesto these magnates is:
为什么?
Why?
他为什么要捐出这么多兹罗提?
Why is he giving awaythis much zloty?
这是一个原因:
Here's a why:
为什么这很重要,如果他,事实上,
Why does it matterif he, in fact,
把这笔钱送出去,没有直接的好处
gives this money awaywith no direct benefit
回到他身边,
coming back to him,
并且不违反法律吗?
and doesn't break the lawdoing it?
因为我们都知道。
Because we both know.
像他这样的人,总是有好处的。
Guys like him,there's always a benefit.
总是关于他们自己。
It's always about themselves.
可能想把刺♥激♥物挖出来投资,
Probably wants to scoop upthe stimmies and invest them,
或在流入市场上乘风破浪。
or ride the market waveon the inflow.
让我们谈谈那些巨款。
And let's talkabout those vast sums.
你认为他们来自哪里?
Where do you imaginethey're coming from?
他的银行账户。他的钱带。
His bank account.His money belt.
我在公♥司♥的任何披露中都找不到证据。
I can't find evidence of that inany of the firm's disclosures.
不,Prince 没有清算任何头寸。
No, Prince hasn't liquidatedany positions.
事实上,该基金被杠杆化了。
In fact, the fund is levered up.
我的想法是,
My thought is,
他要向土地借钱
he's going to borrowagainst the land
他参加了奥♥运♥会,
he rolled upfor the Olympics,
土地你的办公室可以收回权利。
land your officecan take back by right.
他买♥♥了它是为了一个明确的目的,
He bought itfor an express purpose,
他没有使用它。
for which he isn't using it.
不能,事实上。
Can't, in fact.
你说的有道理
There's truthin what you're saying,
但当我坐在这里咀嚼它时,
but as I sit herechewing it over,
不想消化
I don't want to digest it,
因为它开始有点味道了。
because it's startingto taste a bit rank.
你完全反对王子,
You went all inagainst Prince,
如果我们彼此诚实,你就输了。
and if we are honestwith each other, you lost.
你赢了一轮,但你输了。
You won a round, but you lost.
如果我也遇到同样的情况,
If same happens to me,
我们所有的其他工作都受到威胁。
all our other workis jeopardized.
我不想犯错误。
Not a mistake I want to make.
不是现在。不是一开始。
Not now.Not at the beginning.
唔。
Hmm.
[模糊的喋喋不休]
[indistinct chatter]
[主唱]妈妈,爸爸,看着我
[vocalist]Mommy, Daddy, look at me
我去了学校,我拿到了学位
I went to schoolAnd I got a degree
我所有的朋友都称它为“大D”
All my friends call it"The big D"
我去了学校,我得到了大 D
I went to schoolAnd I got the big D
好吧,我的朋友们。
All right, my friends.
在这里得到了金童。
Got the Golden Boy here.
它是格伦利威苏格兰威士忌,
It is Glenlivet scotch,
马德拉和一点点卡尔瓦多斯。
Madeira and a little bitof Calvados.
谢谢。亚历克斯这里有我的名片,
Thank you.Alex here has my card,
所以在我的标签上点你想要的。
so order what you wanton my tab.
谢谢你。
Thank you.
每个人的水分充足吗?
Is everyonesufficiently hydrated?
好的。我会去的。
Good. I'll get going.
我想谈谈系统。
I want to talk about systems.
运行正常,所以回报也是如此。
Running things proper,so the returns are too.
哦,这是一个推介会?
Oh, this isa pitch session?
我还以为只是喝酒的事
I thought it wasjust a drinks thing
在包罗万象的旗帜下。
under the all-inclusive banner.
不管怎样,继续。
Anyway, continue.
在当今的环境中取胜真的是关于严谨。
Winning in today's environmentis really about rigor.
研究。机会。
Research.Opportunities.
我们从数据开始,证明我们的假设,
We start with data,prove our hypothesis,
科学地测试它,管理我们的风险,
test it scientifically,manage our risk,
把我们的利润带到——
and take our profits to the--
[鼓掌]
[claps]
万岁,另一个千篇一律的对冲基金。
Hooray, another cookie-cutterhedge fund.
你会设法把领头羊变成牛群中的一员,
You'll manage to turn abellwether into one of the herd,
如果他们和你一起去。
if they go along with you.
是的,保守的方法对我来说从来没有用过。
Yeah, the buttoned-down approachhas never worked for me.
我必须能够采取行动。
I got to be ableto make moves.
当然,很容易嘲笑技术上的健全,
Sure, it's easy to mockbeing technically sound,
但目标不仅仅是几个热点。
but the goal isn't justa few hot quarters.
这是一个真实的记录。一个职业。
It's a real track record.A career.
所以在你的带领下,
So under your stewardship,
你会阻止高风险/高回报的东西。
you'd be blocking thehigh-risk/high-reward stuff.
那会让我们脱离加密,某些技术。
That would have left usout of crypto, certain tech.
那件事发生在我身上,我会离开自己。
That happened to me,I'd off myself.
或者不让我的老板
Or the boss who wouldn't let me
为饼干冒险。
risk it for the biscuit.
[Ben Kim] 我也会觉得这很难相处。
[Ben Kim] I too would findthat tough to live with.
剧集 | 亿万 | 导航列表