剧集 | 亿万 | 导航列表
See, here‘s the thing about Mike Prince--
哦,忘记其余的,戴夫。
Oh, forget the rest, Dave.
以重罪使用第三人的罪名逮捕他。
Arrest him for felonious use of the third person.
[戴夫]如果我能,
[Dave] Would that I could,
但现在我们专注于你,
but now that we‘re focused on you,
你为什么不告诉我你在做什么?
why don‘t you tell me what you were up to?
我?
Me?
没关系。回答。
It‘s fine. Answer.
好吧,凯特,如你所知,那对我来说是一段美好的时光,
Well, Kate, as you know, it was a beautiful time for me,
看我公♥司♥的领导
watching the leadership of my company
在其增长中采取下一个自然步骤。
take its next natural steps in its growth.
请自便。
Help yourselves.
有人给你鱼子酱,别害羞。
Someone offers you caviar, don‘t be bashful.
不要退缩。拿着。
Don‘t hold back. Take it.
这是生活规律。
It‘s a life rule.
通常,如果我想庆祝什么,我会怎么做,
Usually, what I‘d do if I wanted to celebrate something,
纪念一个重要的场合,
mark a big occasion,
我会在这里找到像 Nobu Matsuhisa 这样的人吗
is I‘d get someone like Nobu Matsuhisa in here
准备一些百万分之一的寿司。
to prepare some one-in-a-million sushi.
或者 Guy Fieri 开火
Or Guy Fieri to fire up
某种疯狂的烤奶酪混合物。
some kind of insane grilled cheese concoction.
但今晚,我不想让任何外人上船。
But tonight, I don‘t want any outsiders aboard.
连传说都没有。
Not even legends.
因为今晚是关于我们的。
Because tonight is about us.
这是为了庆祝我们。
It‘s about celebrating us.
我们是谁,我们将成为谁。
Who we are and who we‘re becoming.
我将成为谁,成为什么样的人。
Who and what I‘m becoming.
今晚是关于锁定我的继任计划。
Tonight is about locking in my succession plan.
现在虽然我认为我们会进行一场思想之战,
Now while I thought we‘d be in for a battle of ideas,
一场激烈的辩论,战斗至死,
a spirited debate, fight to the death,
我收到了一个不可否认的提议:
I was presented with an undeniable proposal:
两人理事会。
a council of two.
泰勒和菲利普将成为公♥司♥的联席主管,
Taylor and Phillip will be co-heads of the firm,
这将很快转变为盲目信托
which will shortly convert to a blind trust
当我走开去追求...
as I step away to pursue...
是的。
Yeah.
是的,我会把它委托给你。
Yeah, I‘m gonna entrust you with it.
...当我竞选美国总统时。
...as I pursue my run for president of the United States.
[掌声]
[applause]
哦,嘘——哦,该死的。
Oh, sh-- Oh, damn.
[咕哝]污渍。必须解决这个问题。
[grunts] Stains. Gotta fix that.
[紧张地哼哼]
[humming nervously]
苏打水——不,好吧。打扰一下。
Club soda-- No, okay. Excuse me.
[轻笑]
[chuckles]
[呼吸急促]
[breathing rapidly]
我会告诉你呼吸,
I‘d tell you to breathe,
但你做的太多了。
but you‘re doing too much of that as it is.
这是一个“留下来看着你过度换气”的情况吗?
Is this a "stay and watch you hyperventilate" situation,
或“让你去做
or a "leave you to it
因为最坏的情况就是你会昏倒”?
because the worst that will happen is you‘ll pass out"?
我做了一些会毁掉每个人的事情。
I did something that‘s gonna ruin things for everybody.
在此上下文中定义“事物”和“每个人”。
Define "things" and "everybody" in this context.
语境?
Context?
好吧,你,一个。
Okay, well, you, for one.
还有菲利普。
And Philip.
而你刚刚获得的新工作。
And your new job you were just given.
因为这整个政♥治♥总统协议
Because this whole political-presidential deal
会在迈克·普林斯的脸上炸开。
is going to blow up in Mike Prince‘s face.
当它发生时,他会回来管理公♥司♥
And when it does, he‘s going to come back to run the firm
如果他不关闭它,你就会失去你的位置。
if he doesn‘t close it, and you‘ll lose your spot.
然后,还有其他人,比如在这个国家,
And then, also, everybody else, like in the country,
因为普林斯不会当总统。
because Prince won‘t be president.
你确定这个怎么做?你做了什么?
And you‘re sure of this how? And you did what?
[叹气]不知何故我知道我要告诉你,
[sighs] Somehow I knew I was going to tell you,
即使你是我最不想认识的人。
even though you‘re the last person I want to know.
好的。
Okay.
我和我们的老板睡过,
I slept with our boss,
and people who boink the young employee don‘t get elected.
and people who boink the young employee don't get elected.
而那些被搞砸的人会受到更糟糕的待遇。
And the people who were boinked get treated way worse.
我会成为莫妮卡。
I‘ll be Monica.
不,等等,他已经是总统了,而且……
No, wait, he was already president, and...
莫妮卡现在是个英雄。
Monica‘s sort of a hero now.
我要成为悉尼他妈的皮革。
I‘m gonna be Sydney fucking Leathers.
唐娜赖斯。里尔。
Donna Rice. Rielle.
那些花费他们办公室的女人。
The women who cost them the office.
哦,我不想他妈的成为里尔。
Oh, I don‘t want to fucking be Rielle.
好的。
Okay.
您正在转变您的业务
You were converting your business
因为你想竞选更高的职位。
because you wanted to run for higher office.
唯一比亿万富翁更明显的事情
The only thing more obvious than that for a billionaire
正在建立一个太空计划,一个真正的玩具火箭。
is building a space program, a real toy rocket.
你有其中之一吗?
You have one of those?
我的整个人生就像坐火箭一样。
My whole life is a rocket ride.
[嘲笑] 正如他们所说,一定很好。
[scoffs] Must be nice, as they say.
啊,是的,苦涩的战斗呐喊。
Ah, yes, the battle cry of the bitter.
温顺和悲惨的交♥配♥呼唤。
The mating call of the meek and the miserable.
但你知道吗?很好。
But you know what? It is nice.
哦,太好了。
Oh, it‘s so nice.
这就是为什么,不,我不需要真正的火星之旅。
Which is why, no, I don‘t need an actual trip to Mars.
太空不是我的最终边界。
Space isn‘t my final frontier.
在离太阳的第三块岩石上,有太多事情要做
Too much to do right here on the third rock from the sun
而在不眠之城,这正是我所关注的。
and in the sleepless city, which is what I was focused on.
纽约。国家。不是我。
New York. The country. Not me.
是的,不,百分之一百就在那里。
Yeah, no, a hundred percenter right there.
我的意思是,这就是为什么一个叫迈克的人
I mean, that‘s why a guy named Mike
会叫一个东西迈克钱,
would call a thing Mike Money,
因为他想把焦点从自己身上移开。
‘cause he wants the focus away from himself.
是的,这一切都有据可查。
Yeah, it‘s all well documented.
我正在与其他志同道合的有钱人会面
I was meeting with other similarly minded people of means
只是为了让他们和我一起支持 Mike Money。
just to get them to kick in with me to support Mike Money.
这个名字只是品牌。
The name was just branding.
我已经公开说了这一切。
I‘ve said all this publicly.
支持正在滚滚而来。
And the support was rolling in.
像皮特韦伯的胡同摇晃机一样滚动。
Rolling like a Pete Weber alley-shaker.
它会为你省去所有这些麻烦,
And it would have saved you all this trouble,
如果不是试图困住我,可能会进监狱,
and a likely trip to jail, if instead of trying to trap me,
你会记得韦伯先生的话:
you would have remembered Mr. Weber‘s words:
“你以为你是谁?
"Who do you think you are?
我是!”
I am!"
你?
You?
你是无法得到的家伙
You‘re the fella couldn‘t get
他自己的朋友与他站在一起。
his own friends to stand with him.
我们不是自己买♥♥单。
We‘re not footing the bill ourselves.
即使是第一部分也太过分和危险。
Even the first installment was too much and dangerous.
我们需要接触所有这些人。
We need to approach all these folks.
- 寻求广泛的支持。 -是的是的。
-Ask for broad support. -Yes, yes.
所以这听起来不像是贵族义务,
So it doesn‘t sound like noblesse oblige,
就像一个试图亲自购买♥♥的人——
like a guy trying to personally buy--
那不会完成它。这是正确的。
That won‘t get it done. That‘s right.
相反,我们戴上帽子然后——
Instead we go with the hat out and--
当然,从口袋里拿出一点锯末,
Absolutely, a little pinch of sawdust from the pocket,
以及它的科尔斯和阿特金斯时间。旧软鞋。
and its Coles and Atkins time. The old soft-shoe.
[Prince] 我也有过,
[Prince] I had it going, too,
直到你试图把这一切搞砸。
until you tried to foul that all up.
[Chuck] 我想为此表示赞赏。
[Chuck] I would like to take credit for that.
但他们中没有一个人从一开始就和你在一起。
But not one of them was with you from the start.
至少,不是根据他们。
Least, not according to them.
你知道,我很高兴在坏钱之后扔好钱
You know, I‘m happy to throw good money after bad
如果是因为我在乎。
if it‘s a cause I give a shit about.
你知道,一个让某个伟人
You know, one that makes a certain great man
成长为公众人物。
剧集 | 亿万 | 导航列表