剧集 | 亿万 | 导航列表
来支持投标
to shore up the bid.
而且查克·罗兹认为任何百万富翁
And Chuck Rhoades thinks that any wealthy plunger
在困难的时候都会出钱来摆脱烂摊子
in a tight spot pays his way out.
这男的
That guy.
美国摇滚乐队
我想起一首柏树山的歌♥
A Cypress Hill song comes to mind.
我想象不到你听了这些
I can't picture you listening to that.
这么多年在篮球队更衣室里
Lot of years in basketball locker rooms.
玩说唱却从不说脏话
Raps along, but never says the curse words.
所以我们要把方方面面都讨论一下
So we need to only talk about every part of that,
或者绝口不提
or never speak of it again.
我选后者 所以
I choose "B." So...
海港被开采了
The harbor is mined here.
如果我们是对的 我们驶向干燥的陆地
We do it right, we sail through to dry land.
如果错了 你懂的
We do it wrong, bang.
谢谢你 凯特
Good. Thank you, Kate.
你给她付钱来阻止我们
You pay her to lock it down.
你给我付钱来搞定事情
You pay me to make it work.
但她完成后 奖学金99.4%都是纯洁的
These scholarships will be 99.4% pure when she's done.
但哪怕是象牙雪
But even that Ivory Snow
儿童洗衣液品牌
也很难做得这么干净
might not be enough to bring this home.
盐湖城错失98年冬奥的机会
Salt Lake City lost the '98 Winter Games
因为他们分发海盐太妃糖
because they were giving out saltwater taffy
与犹他州竞争98年冬奥会举办资格
然而长野县却在筹划度假村
while Nagano was comping resort vacations.
我们是在和蟒蛇玩
We're playing with a boa constrictor here.
不压榨自己就没办法逃离
We don't get away without being squeezed.
奥♥运♥会是我长♥期♥计划之一
The games are part of my long-term plans
为我自己 也是为这座城市
for myself and this city.
我有自己的看法
But I have an angle.
奥♥运♥会现在急需
The Olympics are under pressure
远离这种烂名声
to move past the sordid reputation.
我是那个提议把他们带入新时代的人
I'm the guy offering to usher them into a new age,
一个让人肃然起敬的时代
a fully respectable one.
我的直觉告诉我
My gut is that they're not looking for
这一轮他们要的不是免费的寿司和按♥摩♥
free sushi dinners and massages this go-round.
或许他们只想更好掩饰起来
Maybe they just want to camouflage it better.
不是 我把文件夹交给柯林的时候看得出
Nah, I saw Colin's face when I handed him that folder.
这就是他想要的
It was exactly what he was looking for.
没人比你更会读他的表情了 迈克
No one puts on a read better than you, Mike.
但你想成为第一个
But do you want to be the first person
真正设法竞选奥♥运♥城市
who really tried to get the games to New York City
却不为私利的人吗
with no grease?
或者只是一个想要奥♥运♥城市的人
Or the person who got the games to New York City?
- 嗨 - 今晚凯文学校里的活动
- Hi. - That event tonight at Kevin's school...
- 我完全忘了 - 是今晚吗
- I forgot all about it. - Tonight?
我完全错过了 怪我
I missed it entirely. My mistake.
难道他们接受了价值高昂的捐赠
What, are they accepting donations of valuables
现在我们银行账户被清空了吗
now that they've cleaned out our bank account?
差不多吧 狂欢节筹款
Just as painful. Carnival fundraiser.
他们要我们去志愿者摊位工作
They have us down as volunteers to work the booths.
意思是我们心甘情愿
That implies we were willing.
可我们谁都没去
Neither of us has attended
今年的家长会
a Parent Association meeting this year.
我猜他们不会接受
I'm guessing they wouldn't accept
助理律师来代替我们
a paralegal in our stead?
如果我们还要名声 就不行
Not if we want to remain in good standing.
凯文马上就要申请大学了
Kevin's gonna be applying to colleges soon.
如果你不能把他送进耶鲁
And if you can't get him into Yale,
我们就需要他们帮他挤进
we're gonna need them to jam him into...
别提康奈尔
Don't say Cornell.
希望你能在他们之中拿下一位
I was hoping you could take one for the team.
我会的 肯定会
I would. I will.
等下次 工作实在是
Next time. Work is...
我在请你帮忙 查克
I'm asking for a favor, Chuck.
我乐意为你做的
Which I would love to do for you.
老天 明年狂欢节
Hell, at next year's carnival,
我来做灌篮罐
I'll do the dunk tank,
当球击中目标时 座椅会倒塌 将人“浸入”水中
而且我会让你打头阵
and I'll let you take the first shot.
但现在 我爱莫能助
I just don't think I can make it happen right now.
呵
Hmm.
效率提高十倍
Ten times the efficiency.
零事故 零延迟
Zero accidents. Zero delays.
说起来容易做起来难
Easier said than built.
对雷迪小姐来说只是小意思
Only slightly so for Ms. Reddy.
她把自己的工程天赋
She's put the full force of her engineering genius
和线路构建经验
and her network building experience
都倾注到了交通信♥号♥♥的全面改造中
into complete signal overhaul.
我已经把线路系统设计出来了
I've already designed the routing systems
也做了模拟实验
and run simulated tests.
从长♥期♥看 这可以挽救更多生命
This will save lives
还能省下一大笔钱
and lots of money in the long term.
约翰逊市长
Mayor Johnson.
我都不知道您今天会来这儿
I didn't know you'd be joining us today.
不然肯定会等您来了再开始的
Would've waited if I had.
既然你们没法给我们买♥♥新地铁
Since you couldn't buy us a new subway,
那我想听听迈克·普林斯打算如何
I wanna hear how Mike Prince plans to save
拯救我们现有的地铁
the subway we've got.
四个字
Two words:
奥♥运♥快线
Olympic Express.
往返奥♥运♥场馆的特快列车服务
An express train service to and from Olympic venues.
这将会激励更多游客搭乘公共交通工具
It'll incentivize more tourists to use mass transit,
而且高票价会是
and, with the higher fares, it will be a major
交通运输局主要的收入来源
revenue generator for the MTA.
我喜欢沿着第五大道漫步 一路欣赏橱窗
I love to walk down Fifth Avenue and window shop.
想象自己穿戴那些美丽的展品 很有趣
It's fun to imagine wearing all those pretty things.
可一旦踏进店内
But as soon as you step inside the store
将标价牌翻过来
and flip over that price tag,
幻想就破灭了
the illusion is broken.
在这个预算周期里
I'm stepping inside the store this budget cycle,
我要密切协调所有的市政机构
coordinating closely with all city agencies.
对不起 迈克 我们承受不来这么奢侈的东西
I'm sorry, Mike, we just can't afford luxury items.
呃 这才是最妙的地方
Well, that's the best part.
这个项目不会花市里一分钱 真的
Won't cost the city a thing. Nada.
我手头有知名投资家们的承诺
I have commitments from prominent financiers,
包括司璐茜在内 都会为项目提供一切资金
including Sruthi, to provide all the funding.
- 每一分钱都归我们出 - 噢 当然了
- Every cent. - Yeah, sure.
咱们不如趁此机会
We might as well build a private train
为迈克尔·普林斯先生打造一辆私人列车
just for Mr. Michael Prince while we're at it.
这对交通运输局只有好处
There's nothing but upside for the MTA on this.
这座城市里可从没有免费的午餐
Nothing in this city comes free.
抱歉 迈克 我们并不需要你
Sorry, Mike, we don't need you.
我们可不想欠私人投资者的债
We don't want to be indebted to private investors.
我们正在发行公共交通债券
We're floating public transpo bonds
为交通运输局筹集所需的资金
to raise the funds the MTA needs.
你是希望看到奥♥运♥会在纽约举办的
You want to see the Olympics come to New York.
我知道你想
I know you do.
我不能让人认为我听命于你
I can't be seen doing your bidding.
反正在这段任期内不行
Not this term.
特别是跟罗兹产生了那么多闹剧后
Especially after all that drama with Rhoades.
我也是站着那被骂的人
I was standing up there being shouted at, too.
被选民们骂
By voters.
不过奥♥运♥快线的主意还是不错的
Cute idea, though. Olympic Express.
或许等到2036年再说吧
Maybe for 2036.
事情就这样了
Well, that's that.
还没结束呢 待命吧
Not over. Stand by.
你的公♥司♥下周就能架交通信♥号♥♥线了
Your company will be wiring signals by next week,
无论如何都能
one way or another.
纳丁 我只希望请你帮个忙
I'm just looking for a little courtesy here, Nadine,
同为调查州际诈骗的办公室
between our offices on interstate fraud.
剧集 | 亿万 | 导航列表