剧集 | 拉字至上:Q世代 | 导航列表
and you give the speech that only you can give.
你有改变别人的力量
You have the power to change people.
你改变了我
You changed me.
贝特
Bette!
晚上好 晚上好
Good evening. Good evening.
感谢大家来到这里
Thank you so much for being here.
这一整天都有人让我退出竞选
All day, people have called on me to drop out of the race.
我也考虑了一下
And I've thought about it.
我跟我的家人谈了
I've spoken to my family.
我跟我的好朋友以及我信任的同事谈了
I've spoken to my closest friends and trusted colleagues.
这也提醒了我
And I have been reminded of
这次竞选的目的是什么
what's been at the center of this campaign all along.
我不想让你退出
I don't want you to quit.
去年的六月八日
On June 8th of last year,
我的姐姐凯瑟琳"基特"·波特死于海♥洛♥因♥吸食过量
my sister Katherine "Kit" Porter died of a heroin overdose.
她去世的九个月前出了一场车祸
Nine months prior to her death, she was in a car accident,
医院的当值医生给她开了
and the doctor on call at the hospital prescribed her
一种药效很强的类鸦♥片♥止痛药
a very powerful opioid painkiller.
她对那个止痛药上了瘾
She became addicted to that painkiller
因为我姐姐曾有毒瘾
because my sister was an addict.
她不可以接受这种处方药的
She never should've been prescribed those drugs,
但是没人过问她
but nobody asked her.
医院里没人问过她
No one at the hospital asked her
那个可能挽救她生命的问题
the one question that might have saved her life.
没人问她"你有吸毒史吗"
No one asked her, "Are you an addict?"
医院的接诊体系有负于她
The intake system at the hospital failed her.
她的医生有负于她
Her doctor failed her.
医药公♥司♥有负于她
The drug companies failed her.
但我不能有负于她
And I cannot fail her, too.
我姐姐去世之后我学会了很多
I have learned so much since my sister died.
我学会了如何为了家人坚强起来
I have learned how strong my family is,
也知道了自己的生命中能有他们是一大幸事
and just how lucky I am to have them in my life.
当我说家人的时候 也包含我选择的家人
And when I say family, that includes my chosen family.
我有为了我两肋插刀的朋友
I have friends who would do anything for me.
但不是所有人都像我一样幸运
But not everyone is as lucky as I am.
不是所有人都有坚实的后盾
Not everyone has a support system in place
支撑他们度过艰难时期
to carry them through particularly challenging times.
我爱你
I love you.
我也爱你
I love you, too.
怎么了 我深呼吸了一下
What? I‐I took a breath.
-我是在吸气 -好吧
‐ I was inhaling. ‐ Oh, touché.
这就是我决定竞选的初衷
And that's exactly why I initially decided to run.
我想要为那些没那么幸运的人的依靠
I want to be there for people who are less fortunate.
我想让这个城市成为一个支持所有人的社区
I want this city to be a supportive community for all of us.
这番话我从未公开说过
I've never spoken about this publicly.
我从未想过做任何可能会
I've never wanted to do anything
利用家人痛苦的事情
that might exploit my family's pain,
但这个竞选不只是我
but this is bigger than me.
也不只是我的家人
This is bigger than my family.
现在我非常清楚地认识到
And I know now all too well
我们并不是唯一承受这份痛苦的人
that we were not alone in that pain.
我姐姐的死是这个严重残缺的体系酿成的恶果
My sister's death was the result of a deeply broken system,
这个体系给我的经历让我崩溃万分
one that I was devastated to experience firsthand
而我仍决意要改变它
and one that I remain determined to change.
正因如此 我不能退出
And because of that, I cannot drop out.
我会继续竞选
I will stay in the race,
我要为了我的家人而战
and I will fight for my family,
为了所有家庭而战
for all families,
我也希望你们能继续同我并肩战斗
and I hope that you will continue to fight alongside me.
谢谢
Thank you.
今天过得怎么样
How was your day?
事情很多
It was long.
很难熬 我真的不想说这事
Hard. I really don't want to talk about it.
你当然不想了
Of course you don't.
-别闹 -怎么了
‐ Don't do that. ‐ What?
你喝多了
You're drunk.
我不喜欢消极攻击的鬼话
And I hate that passive‐aggressive bullshit.
我只是想知道你今天都干了什么
I just want to hear about your day.
我会告诉你的
And I'll tell you all about it, okay?
但是现在 我需要一点空间
But right now, I just need a little bit of space.
不不不
Hey, no, no, no, no, no.
别再扯什么空间了 我成天都在给你空间
Enough with the space. All I do is give you fucking space.
我不会这样跟你谈的
I'm not gonna talk to you like this.
-为什么 -因为你现在让我很生气
‐ Why not? ‐ Because you're... you're pissing me off right now.
我怎么惹你了 你说
How? How? Okay, tell me,
我怎么惹你生气了
How am I pissing you off?
我说了我累死了
I told you I'm fucking tired
而且我现在不想说
and I don't want to talk about it right now.
不 这鬼话
Okay, no. That shit?
不 你不能又跟我扯这一套
No. You don't get to do that shit to me again.
我想让你跟我说
I want you to talk to me.
所有人都对我有所求
Everybody fucking wants something from me,
这太累了
and it is exhausting.
我只想让你开口
I just want you to talk.
我没什么好说的
I don't have anything to say!
刚才的演讲很不错
That was a great speech.
谢谢
Thank you.
你会是一个很伟大的市长
You're gonna make a great mayor.
看情况吧
We'll see.
有什么需要的 尽管找我
If you need anything, I'm here.
谢谢
Thank you.
我是你的家人 你知道的
I am your family, you know.
我知道
I know.
我爱你
I love you.
我爱你
I love you.
过来
Come here.
请不要走
Please don't go.
求你了
Please.
剧集 | 拉字至上:Q世代 | 导航列表