剧集 | 金色年代 | 导航列表
八十年代 对所有青春期的男生来说
In the '80s, a defining moment
一个关键性时刻 就是看《空手道小子》
for every teenage boys was seeing "The Karate Kid".
这部电影在我们的心上拳打脚踢
It kicked and punched and swept the
再加个扫堂腿
leg of our hearts.
没人比我哥巴瑞更爱这部电影
No one loved it more than my brother Barry.
上吧
Come at me!
上截 蛇形
High block! Cobra strike!
向左虚晃 向右 忍♥者打滚
Fake left, go right. Ninja roll!
没事 我没事
It's okay. I'm okay.
现在来个掌劈
Now throw a chop!
我截住了掌劈
I block that chop!
回击 高踢 愤怒之拳
I retaliate! High kick! Fist of fury!
致命一击
Death blow!
我在想
Hmm, you know, I was thinking--
你不把招数先说出来会好些吧
It might be better if you didn't call out your moves first.
好主意
That's a great idea.
偷袭
Sneak attack!
当然 我哥自认为技艺高超
Sure, my big bro had an inflated sense of skill,
但在我家 把他吹上天的是我妈
but in my house, my mother was the one who did the inflating.
她戴着我们所谓的"母亲护目镜"
She wore something we called "mom goggles."
这让她觉得我们做的事
They made everything we did
不是好 而是好到爆
not just good, but spectacular.
瞧你 我的小功夫大♥师♥
Oh, look at you, my little kung fu master!
这不是功夫 停下
It's not kung fu. Stop!
这是空手道
I do kara-te.
功夫加上空手道 而且好危险
Bilingual and dangerous?
你真是太厉害了 宝贝
Oh, you are just off-the-charts amazing, honey.
大多数孩子会无视母亲的表扬
Most kids ignore their mom's high praise...
但巴瑞不是大多数孩子
But Barry wasn't most kids.
他真的相信老妈那些天花乱坠的话
He really believed the hype.
遗憾的是 面对女生时 他的自信
Unfortunately, that confidence did not translate
无法变为行动
to his moves with the ladies.
你好
Hi?
好啊
Yo.
横劈储物柜
Locker strike!
你还好吗
Are you okay?
我很好 我的手像石头一样坚硬
I'm fine. My hands are like rocks.
但同时很柔软 又温柔
But they're soft, too. And gentle.
像鸭宝宝一样
Like baby ducks.
-怪人 -好了 孩子们
- Weird. - All right, kids!
又到了这个时候了
That time of year again.
假日才艺表演 怎么样
Holiday talent show. Eh?
有人吗
Nobody?
老天 我爱死才艺表演了
Oh, my god, I love the talent show.
是真的吗
Oh, do ya now?
是真的吗
Do ya now?
怪人
Weird.
你真好
You're great.
回头见
See ya later.
巴瑞有了计划
Barry had a plan in motion,
当晚 他实施了计划
and that night, he put it into action.
晚上好
Good evening.
很高兴大家今晚都在
Glad you could all make it tonight.
-什么意思 -重大消息要宣布
- What--what is this? - Big announcement.
我决定在学校的才艺表演上
I've decided to do a kara-teroutine
来一段空手道
at the school talent show.
面试在明天
Auditions are tomorrow.
我不想说得太过夸张
Now I don't want to make too big a deal out of this,
但我相信 这将是有史以来
but I do believe it will be the greatest moment
最伟大的时刻
in the history of everything.
我的天 这主意太棒了
Oh, my goodness! What a wonderful idea!
默里 这是不是非常棒的主意
Murray, isn't this a wonderful idea?
如果我同意 是否能不再发表意见了
If I say yes, can I be out of the conversation?
那你呢 爱丽卡
What about you, Erica?
你一定得去参加这个才艺表演
You should absolutely do this talent thing.
我听到你在冲澡时唱佩特·贝纳通的歌♥
I've heard you singing Pat Benetton in the shower.
放心吧 我会去参加才艺表演的
Don't worry, guys. I'll be at the talent show--
坐在第一排
In the front row.
因为我和朋友们总是喜欢大笑一场
'Cause my friends and I always go for a good laugh.
去吧 带上你所有的漂亮朋友
Go ahead! Bring all your hot friends.
我会用绝招让她们高声喝彩的
I'll wow 'em with my moves.
亚当 冲我的脸上扔个餐包
Now, Adam, chuck a dinner roll at my face.
看着我把它劈开 来吧
Watch me deflect it. Come on.
不 不是这样 温柔一点
No. No. Not like that. Gentle.
别打我的脸 如果你可以...
And don't hit me in the face if you can--
-不 你在做什么 -温柔些
- No--what are doing?! - Gently.
-让我准备好 来吧 -住手
- Let me get ready, okay? Come on. - Stop it!
太棒了
Yes!
-搞什么 -像闪电一样 我爱闪电
- What the hell? - Like lightning! I'm like lightning!
我知道你可以的 我知道你可以的
I knew you could do it! I knew you could do it!
那是一九八几年的12月9日
It was December 9th, 1980-something,
巴瑞的假日好心情完全不见踪影
and Barry's holiday cheer was nowhere in sight.
这一切有什么意义
What's the point of anything?!
冷静 慢着 出什么事了
Whoa, whoa, whoa. Slow down. What's wrong?
-才艺表演不要我 -我不明白
- I didn't get into the talent show. - I don't understand.
-他们拒绝了我 -完全没道理
- They rejected me. - That literally makes no sense.
面试的人 除了我全选上了
Everyone who auditioned got in but me.
我听到你的话了
I hear what you're saying,
但我完全没听明白
but I cannot wrap my mind around that.
格拉斯科特老师说我的表演太不合适了
Mr. Glascott said my routine was too inappropriate.
做一个完美的空手道天使是怎么不合适了
How is being a perfect kara-te angel inappropriate?
巴瑞 我想过了
Barry! Okay, I have been thinking.
你的空手道表演
Your kara-te routine--
需要专业的导演
It needs a professional director.
就是我 创意无限的人
That's me! A big idea guy.
而且 我看过太多空手道电影了
Plus, I've seen a million karate movies.
你在哭吗
Are you crying?
没有 没有
No. No!
这是勇士的眼泪 没关系了
They're warrior's tears, and it doesn't matter!
学校说不行
The school said no!
我永远不会出蛇形了
I'll never cobra strike again!
真不公平
This isn't fair!
在那一刻 我妈妈的脑子里
At that moment, there was only one thing
只有一个主意
running through my mom's mind.
没人有资格告诉我的宝贝 他不能出蛇形
No one tells my baby he can't cobra strike.
格拉斯科特老师
Mr. Glascott!
我需要现在和你谈谈
I need to speak to you immediately.
不好意思 我和数学俱乐部的孩子
Oh, I'm sorry. I have an important morning meeting
有个重要的早会
with the kids from the math club.
书呆子可以等等
The nerds can wait.
我儿子巴瑞·金伯格等不了
My son--Barry Goldberg--cannot.
你是 贝弗莉·金伯格吗
Are you... Beverly Goldberg?
正是在下
Oh, yes, I am.
告诉我 什么样的教育工作者
Tell me, what kind of educator
会践踏学生的梦想
stomps on the dreams of his students?
巴瑞是个好孩子
Look, Barry's a good kid,
所以我才劝他不要
which is kinda why I discouraged him
参加才艺表演
from taking part in the show.
这里有些万千宠爱在一身的学生
See, some of the more high-profile students here
是非常苛刻的 你懂吧
can be very critical, if you follow me.
真不懂
I really don't.
这里出风头的孩子都是混♥蛋♥
The popular kids here are real douche-sacks.
去年 有个孩子表演了一段不错的腹语
Last year, one kid did a lovely ventriloquist act.
那些孩子 他们在表演后对腹语木偶
The kids--well, they did unspeakable things
做了些我说不出口的事
to that doll after the show.
说实话 非常的过分
Quite frankly, it was very jarring.
巴瑞的空手道表演
And Barry's karate is really ripe
正是他们嘲弄的对象
for that type of ridicule.
这里是高中 不是《搜寻明日之星》
Uh, this is high school, not "Star Search."
[著名节目主持人]
谁死了你才坐上麦克马洪的位置
剧集 | 金色年代 | 导航列表