剧集 | 私家侦探(2016) | 导航列表
She? What?
女的 什么
OK, thanks.
好的 谢谢
So it looks like it's a real estate holdings company
看起来它像一家真实的
that pays out dividends to its investors.
给投资者支付股息的房♥地♥产♥公♥司♥
Did you figure out how many people are invested in the company?
查出有多少人投资了这个公♥司♥吗
That's the weird part. There's only four:
那就是奇怪的地方 只有四个
Estelle Dorset, Betty Love, Rosemary Dupond,
埃斯特尔·多塞特 贝蒂·洛夫 罗丝玛丽·迪蓬,
and Alice Van Horn. Do you know them?
和爱丽丝·范霍恩 你知道他们吗
Yeah. I already talked to Betty
是的 我已经和贝蒂谈过了
and she mentioned her friend Rosemary, who died 6 weeks ago.
她提过她朋友罗丝玛丽 她六周前过世了
Of what?
死因是什么
Betty mentioned the flu.
贝蒂提过是流感
And let me guess: no autopsy was done.
让我猜猜: 还没进行尸检
And the monthly dividend payments
而且罗丝玛丽死后
went up right after Rosemary's death.
每月支付的股息就涨了
But why?
但为什么
Maybe they had life insurance policies on each other?
他们彼此间有人寿保险吗
That's not how life insurance works.
人寿保险不是这样的
We need to talk to the fourth woman.
我们需要和第四个人谈谈
Alice Van Horn.
爱丽丝·范霍恩
A 6-letter word for "Tap."
一个有六字母的单词 跟"水龙头"有关的
Has an "F" And a "C" In there.
里面有一个"F"和一个"C"
It's "Faucet", Mom.
是"旋塞" 妈妈
Oh, hello. You must be the investigators that called.
你们好 你们一定是打电♥话♥来的调查员
Yes. I'm Angie.
是的 我是安吉
This is Officer Powers.
这是鲍尔斯警官
Trainee Detective Powers. Hello!
实习警探鲍尔斯 你好
Is she...?
她...
Not much of a conversationalist, but I can try and help you.
不是个健谈的人 但我能尽力帮你
Oh, yeah, sure. Um...
好 可以 呃...
We're looking into a financial investment
我们在调查一宗
your mother was involved in
你妈妈参与的金融投资
that's been linked to a possible murder.
那和一场可能的谋杀有关
Do you know anything about Mineral Ore Deposit
你听说过矿床资产吗
Property Ventures? MOD.
房♥地♥产♥投资吗 莫德
"Mod"...
"莫德"...
Mineral Ore Deposit is "Maude".
矿床资产就是"莫德"
That's the name that Conroy heard Estelle talking about.
那是康罗伊听埃斯特尔谈过的名字
Betty did us good.
贝蒂对我们很好
Oh, she was such a schemer, that one.
她真的很有智谋 那个人
Rosemary?
罗丝玛丽吗
Rosemary? No, Ma.
是罗丝玛丽吗 不是 妈妈
This isn't Rosemary. Rosemary...
那不是罗丝玛丽 罗丝玛丽...
She's been struggling with Alzheimer's for a long time now.
她已经患有老年痴呆症很长一段时间了
She doesn't know much of what's she's saying these days.
这些天她不太清楚自己在说什么
I'm sorry, did you say murder?
抱歉 你说谋杀吗
Should I be worried about my mother's safety?
我是不是该担心我妈妈的安全
We're gonna talk to the staff in the building
我们会问下大楼里的工作人员
and see if there's any additional precautions they can take.
看看他们能做什么额外的预防措施
Thank you.
谢谢你
Oh, I have to get her to her physiotherapy appointment.
我得带她去预约好的物理治疗了
Excuse me.
先走了
This is my card.
这是我的卡片
If she says anything about MOD, please call me.
如果她提到任何关于矿床资产 请联♥系♥我
When I talked to Betty, she said she'd never heard of 'MOD'.
我跟贝蒂聊的时候 她说她从没听过'莫德'
All I can see is gravel and water.
我只能看到砾石和水
Whoa... OK, what is happening?
发生什么了
I don't know, but that can't be good.
不知道 但不妙
Oh, no. No, no, no, no, no... What is it?
哦 不 不不不 怎么了
I'm starting to think
我开始觉得
that these aren't air holes.
这些不是气孔了
We know about your MOD investment.
我们知道了你的矿床资产投资
Well.
好
Is there something we can help you find?
能帮你找什么吗
Oh, it's my pills. They're in here somewhere.
我的药片 放在这里什么地方了
I have to take one every couple of hours. Oh, here they are.
我每几小时就需要吃一颗 啊 找到了
Why didn't you tell me about this when we met yesterday?
我们昨天见面的时候 为什么不告诉我们
Because it's none of your business.
因为这与你们无关
Did you murder Estelle and Rosemary?
是你谋杀了埃斯特尔和罗丝玛丽吗
I most certainly did not!
我 绝对 没有
And you watch your tone, young miss.
你小心点说话 小姑娘
We were best friends.
我们是最好的朋友
I mean, sure, over the past couple of decades we grew apart,
虽然 确实 过去几十年里我们分别各地生活
but from the early 70s
但从上世纪七十年代早期
through the millennium,
到千禧年这段时间里
those women were my family.
那些人是我的家人
We took care of each other.
我们互相照顾
And then MOD took care of us.
然后就是矿床收入养着我们
So you admit to the investment scheme. Listen,
所以你承认有投资方案 听着
you just need to come clean with us.
你只需要跟我们说实话就行
Somebody's trying to kill its members.
有人想要杀它的参与成员
So you think
所以你觉得
Estelle's death was actually a murder?
埃斯特尔的死其实是谋杀吗
We strongly believe so, yes.
我们坚信如此 是的
Then I guess I'd better tell you...
那我还是告诉你们...
Betty? Betty?
贝蒂 贝蒂
My heart... Betty, what's going on?
我的心脏... 贝蒂 怎么了
I'm calling an ambulance.
我马上叫救护车
OK, you might have been right. I don't think this is working.
好吧 你可能对了 我觉得这没有用
I just think it's soaking through.
我觉得它要浸透水了
Come on!
开啊
Betty's stable now, and in the hospital.
贝蒂现在在医院 情况稳定了
Forensics checked her pills.
法医查了她的药片
And? Arsenic poisoning.
然后 砷中毒
Somebody sprayed them.
有人给它们喷了东西
Shade and Conroy have been missing for more than 24 hours.
谢德和康罗伊已经失踪超过二十四小时了
After 24 hours...
二十四小时后...
We'll find them. Hey, look at this.
我们会找到他们的 看这个
Upon death, all shares revert back to the company.
一旦死亡 所有股份都会返还公♥司♥
OK, well, that explains
好吧 这解释了
why the dividends went up for Estelle.
埃斯特尔股息上涨的原因
The money was redistributed to other members,
钱被重新分配给其他成员
so the more members that die...
所以死的成员越多...
The more the others' shares go up...
其他成员的股份越高...
Oh, my god. It's a tontine. A French tart?
天啊 这是唐提联合养老保险制 啥 法式蛋挞
No. But close.
不是 但很接近
Think pie.
把它想成馅饼
My dad and I dealt with some fraudsters who had a tontine
我爸爸和我几年前处理过参与联合养老保险的
a couple of years ago.
一些骗子
It starts out like a regular investment,
它一开始和普通投资一样
with people pooling their money
人们把钱凑在一起
to buy something big. In their case, four pieces to the pie.
做某种大型投资 以她们为例 分饼的是四个人
Now, the investment pays out a dividend each month,
现在 这笔投资每月支付股息
but when someone dies, with one less person to pay,
但有人死亡后 就可以少付一人
everyone else gets a bigger dividend.
其他人的股息变大
So instead of passing the shares onto their descendants...
所以她们的股份不会转移给后代...
Their shares stay with the investment.
而是保留在投资资产中
When Rosemary died,
罗丝玛丽死了之后
Estelle's and the other women's share increased,
埃斯特尔和其他女人份额就增加了
but now that Estelle's dead... Alice and Betty's payout
埃斯特尔也死了... 爱丽丝和贝蒂的红利
will increase. OK, so
就会增加 那好
what happens when you're just left with one?
如果就剩一个人呢
The last person standing gets everything
最后活下来的人获得全部股息
and they get to pass it onto their heirs.
而且具有可继承性
Who else knows about this investment?
还有谁知道这笔投资
Maybe someone's putting their thumb on the scale.
搞不好有人从中作祟
No one, as far as we can tell.
就我们所知 没别人了
Unless... Alice's daughter, Janet.
除非...Alice的女儿珍妮特也知道
She was pretty quick to leave once we mentioned MOD.
咱们提到莫德的时候 她立刻就走了
And didn't even question why anyone would be after her mother.
都没问问为什么有人盯上她妈妈
剧集 | 私家侦探(2016) | 导航列表