剧集 | 古战场传奇 | 导航列表
他发慈悲才留了你一条命
His kindness helped to preserve your life.
是
Aye.
的确
That it did.
我不会对那孩子说阿德思穆尔的事
I'll say nothing of Ardsmuir to the lad.
谢谢你 菲茨吉本斯先生
Thank you, Mr. Fitzgibbons.
你们坐船去了威明顿吗
Did you sail into Wilmington?
纽伯恩 先生
New Bern, sir.
泰伦州长好心地让我们
Governor Tryon was kind enough to offer us
在他的新宅邸歇脚
respite at his new palace.
那你认识州长了
Ye ken the Governor, then?
是的 我们几年前在伦敦见过
Yes, we met some years ago in London.
我们两人都是
We're both members of the Society
英式牛排鉴赏会的成员
for the Appreciation of the English Beefsteak.
那是间在伦敦的绅士俱乐部
It's a gentleman's club in London.
伊恩肯定会喜欢这间俱乐部的
Ian would love to hear of such a club.
-你的侄子吗 -对
- Your nephew? - Aye.
他现在正在外面跟我们的几位切罗基邻居打猎呢
He's out hunting with some of our Cherokee neighbors as we speak.
那他和你们住了
He lives with you here, then?
真遗憾他今天不在
I'm very sorry to find him absent.
你可是为他远渡重洋了
The young man for whom you crossed an ocean.
是啊
Aye.
看来州长为自己造了座宅邸啊
The Governor's built himself a palace, then?
是的 等到完工 它会成为
Yes, when it is complete, it will stand as
这个州永恒的标志
a symbol to stability in the Province.
一座优雅的丰碑
A true monument to elegance.
优雅吗
Elegance?
钱是从哪来的
Where's the money coming from?
这或许是不太合宜的投资吧
A rather untimely investment, perhaps.
鉴于州里刚因为战争欠下了债务
Well, given the debts of the Province due to the recent war.
我相信州长是请州众议院
I believe the Governor has asked the Assembly
安排的资金
to allocate funds.
虽然看起来这里的一些偏僻地区
Though it appears some here in the backcountry
正在反对为修建宅邸征的税
are rallying against the taxes levied to build it.
因为税负太重了
Because the taxes are excessive.
还在继续增加
And rising.
怪不得他们觉得一座宅邸 或者说丰碑
No doubt they feel a palace or a monument
不算是善用他们的血汗钱了
is not the best use of their hard-earned coin.
"他们"吗
They?
我猜你的意思是那些暴徒吧
By they I suppose you mean the mob,
毕竟似乎也没别的名字适合他们了
for that is what they inevitably turn out to be.
比如那些"监管者"们
And take these "Regulators" For instance.
大家都说他们蛮横又危险
By all accounts, they're unreasonable and dangerous.
威胁着偏僻地区
A menace to the backcountry
也喜欢借着暴♥乱♥来搞破坏
and given to causing disruption by means of riot.
你们在这里遇到了那些人吗
Have you encountered anything of the kind here?
这里都不算偏僻地区了 约翰
There is the backcountry, John,
这里是荒野
and there is the wilderness.
弗雷泽山脊不太会有这些麻烦
Not likely to have that sort of trouble here at Fraser's Ridge.
大家都说 真正蛮横与危险的
By all accounts, it's the Governor himself
是州长本人
who's unreasonable and dangerous.
那些监管者们把一位治安官绑在马背上
Those Regulators tied a sheriff to his horse
带着他遍体鳞伤的尸体
and marched with his beaten body
在希尔斯堡游街
through the streets of Hillsborough.
还有妇女和小孩在场
There were women and children present.
你叫那讲理吗
Would you call that reasonable?
全是夸张和谎言
Exaggeration and falsehood.
我可听说有很多目击者
I'm told there were many witnesses.
你在新世界里还过得不够好吗
Have you not faired well in the New World?
很好
Oh, aye.
我现在可不用再吃老鼠了 大人
I have more than rats to eat now, my Lord.
你吃过老鼠吗 先生
You've eaten rats, sir?
菲茨吉本斯先生有种独特的幽默感
Mr. Fitzgibbons has a very peculiar sense of humor.
是啊
Aye.
没错
Aye.
谢谢你们的晚餐
Thank ye for dinner.
真的很愉快
A pleasant evening indeed.
你有兴趣下一局象棋吗
Can I interest you in a game of chess?
恐怕我这没有棋盘
I'm afraid I dinna have a chess set.
算你走运 我这里有
Fortunately for you, I brought mine.
我走到哪里都会带着
I'd never travel without it.
我可以离开了吗
May I be excused?
厕所就在小屋后面 威廉少爷
Well, there's a privy just behind the cabin, Master William.
在外面 没人端尿壶来吗
Outside? Won't someone fetch a chamber pot?
现在我们是弗雷泽山脊的客人
You must become accustomed to using the privy
你必须要习惯用厕所
while we're guests here at Fraser's Ridge.
是 父亲
Yes, Papa.
我带你去
I'll show ye where it is.
麦肯
Mac?
你的名字不会是麦肯齐吧
Is your name not MacKenzie?
是的
Aye.
麦肯齐是我的名字之一
MacKenzie's one of my given names.
你是这里的马夫吗
Then you are the groom at this estate?
不
No.
不 弗雷泽山脊是我的领地
No, Fraser's Ridge is my land.
但我也照看马 还有其他一切
But I tend to the horses, along with everything else.
你还记得我吗
Do you remember me?
一点没忘
Fondly.
那我们相互介绍的时候 你为什么
Then why did you not remind me of our acquaintanceship
不提我们认识的事
when we were introduced?
当时我不知道
I dinna ken.
我给你刻的木蛇你还留着吗
Do you still have the wooden snake I carved for ye?
我已经不是小孩了 先生
I-I'm too old for toys, sir.
伊泽贝尔的庄园在哪
Where is Isobel's estate?
林奇堡
Lynchburg.
那是在 弗吉尼亚州 对吗
That's, uh, Virginia, isn't it?
没错
Indeed it is.
但是 收到杰米从北卡罗来纳州
However, after I received a letter from Jamie with news
关于政♥府♥增地的来信后
of the land grant in North Carolina,
我觉得来问问老朋友
I thought it wise to seek a trusted friend's counsel
关于殖民地生活的意见是个明智的选择
on the particulars of life in the Colonies.
是你想问 还是政♥府♥
Counsel for you, or for the Governor?
什么
Beg your pardon?
政♥府♥派你来监视杰米是否忠诚
The Governor has sent you to ensure Jamie's loyalty.
他已经向泰伦做了保证
Well, he's already given Tryon his word.
可能是我喝多了头晕 但是
Perhaps I've had too much wine, but it, uh...
听起来你好像在暗示
Well, it sounded as though you're suggesting
我是来监视他的
I'm here to spy upon him?
那你是吗
Are you?
如果我们做客此处有何不便
If our stay here is proving burdensome,
您一句话我们立刻就走
you've only to say the word.
不 没什么不便
No, it's no burden at all.
我只遗憾没来得及为您和少爷
I just wish I had time to make appropriate sleeping arrangements
将住处安排得更妥帖
for you and the young master.
他记得你也并不奇怪
It's hardly surprising he remembers you.
那孩子念出我的名字时
When the lad said my name...
我的心跳都加速了
My heart raced.
我想像以前一样推他玩秋千
I wanted to swing him through the air as I did
像他小时候一样
when he was a wee lad.
虽然他现在也不小了
Not so wee anymore.
他是长大了 但还是和小时候一样傲
Lad's sprouted, but he's still got that same cock to his head.
和一样火热的眼神
Familiar fire in his eyes.
他长得很清秀
He is very handsome.
是
Aye.
孩子快三岁时
When the lad was near three,
邓萨尼大人第一次带他去马厩
Lord Dunsany brought him to the stables for his first ride.
他很害怕
He was terrified.
一直在喊他当时最喜欢的词 莫
Kept screaming his favorite word at the time--mo.
莫
Mo.
莫是什么意思
Mo?
就是不
Otherwise known as no.
剧集 | 古战场传奇 | 导航列表