剧集 | 古战场传奇 | 导航列表
就是一点珠宝了
is a wee bit of jewelry.
我拿着它去找了金匠
Took it to the goldsmith.
花了一些钱 做了底座
Used some of our coin to fashion this mount.
我只有时间做最简单的设计
Only had time for any but the simplest design.
不 简单是最好的
No, simple is best.
听说州长泰伦会出席
Heard Governor Tryon will be in attendance,
还有潘兹勒男爵
along with a Baron Penzler.
据说男爵很爱钱
It's said the Baron's love of money
还有随之而来的精美物品
is accompanied by a love of the fine objects that come with it.
希望他喜欢红宝石
well, let's hope he's a fondness for rubies.
可否请你赏光与我共进晚餐
Might I request the pleasure of your company for dinner?
夫人
Madam?
可以
You may.
州长 利林顿夫人和我很高兴
Governor, Mrs. Lillington and I are so pleased...
四先令的人头税
Four shillings poll tax...
每加仑四便士的朗姆酒税
And four pence per gallon rum duty.
真是没完没了
Will it never end?
这是最微不足道的 斯坦诺普
That's the very least of it, Stanhope.
让我担心的是为了将我们的土地
It's the never-ending expenses incurred in dividing our land
和切罗基人的土地分开而产生的无穷无尽的开支
from that of the Cherokee savages which worries me.
-那是个好问题 -全来自我们的税收
- Yes, that's a good question. - All from our taxes.
这让人难以置信 对吧 弗雷泽夫人
It beggars belief, does it not, Mistress Fraser?
虽然我怀疑许多妇女是否熟悉
Mmm, though I doubt many women will be familiar with
这些州事
such provincial matters.
恰恰相反 潘兹勒大人
Well, on the contrary, Lord Penzler.
我相信 一想到不公平的税收
I'm sure the very thought of inequitable taxes
就会引发许多人的不满
brings out the savage in all of us.
我尤其不满的是穷♥人♥承担
I'm particularly savage when it comes to taxes that bear
不成比例的税收
disproportionately on the poor.
说得好 我们所有人心中的不满
Yes, that's very good. The savage in all of us.
的确如此
Yes, indeed.
你必须尽量不要这么风趣 弗雷泽夫人
You must try not to be so amusing, Mistress Fraser.
可能导致可怜的斯坦诺普送了命
It may be the death of poor Stanhope.
这是爱丁堡的潮流吗 弗雷泽夫人
Is--Is this the--the style in Edinburgh, Mistress Fraser?
真迷人
How--How charming.
真是美丽的宝石
Such a beautiful stone.
可否让我仔细看看
You will permit me to look more closely?
没问题
Certainly.
谢谢
Thank you.
真美
Beautiful.
非常好
Sehr, sehr schon.
毫无瑕疵
And without flaw.
州长和我听说你是奔流镇
The governor and I have heard that you are the nephew
卡梅隆寡妇的外甥
of the widow Cameron of River Run.
这一消息正确吗 弗雷泽先生
Have we been informed correctly, Mr. Fraser?
对 乔卡丝塔·卡梅隆是我已故母亲的姐姐
Aye, uh, Jocasta Cameron is my late mother's sister.
你俩跟她相识吗
Either of you acquainted with her?
是的 我和卡梅隆夫人
Yes, um, I've been acquainted with Mistress Cameron
相识多年了
for many years.
她特别迷人
A most charming woman.
你知道她的庄园吗 阁下
Are you familiar with her estate, Your Excellency?
我妻子和我去年去北卡罗来纳州旅行了
Mmm, my wife and I passed several days at Cross Creek
我们在横溪度过了几天
last year during our tour of North Carolina.
我记得奔流镇位于开普费尔河旁的
River Run, I believe, is situated on the Cape Fear River
山脚下
at the foot of the mountains.
好吧
Aye.
我家人是高地人
You know, my family are Highlanders.
山就像是我们的家
Mountains are like home to us.
蓝岭山脉会是你见过的最雄伟的山峰
Well, the Blue Ridge mountains are some of the most majestic
弗雷泽先生
you'll see anywhere, Mr. Fraser.
我打算去拜访姨妈 同时看看山景
Hmm, I intend on seeing them when I visit my aunt
然后再回苏特兰
before returning to Scotland.
晚餐后你愿意跟我抽根雪茄
Would you, um, join me after dinner for a pipe
喝杯白兰地吗
and some brandy?
我有一箱法国进口的酒
I have a case imported from France.
我想跟你说一件事
There's a matter I wish to put before you.
利林顿先生告诉我 你当过农民
Mr. Lillington tells me you've been both a farmer
当过兵 最近才来殖民地
and a soldier and are newly arrived to the Colonies.
你熟悉这里的情况吗
Are you familiar with conditions here?
你指什么情况 先生
To which conditions might you refer, sir?
北卡罗来纳州 虽然不如邻州繁荣
North Carolina--though not as prosperous as its neighbors--
仍然为坚持不懈耕种土地的人
still offers wealth and prosperity for those
提供财富和繁荣
willing to persevere and work the land.
国王鼓励勤劳虔诚的
The Crown encourages settlement by industrious,
家庭定居
God-fearing families.
陛下鼓励人们定居在机遇之地
His Majesty is wise to encourage settlement of lands
这是明智的 阁下
so rich in opportunity, Your Excellency.
为此目的 这里建立了政♥府♥赠地制度
To this end, there is established a system of land grants
谁承诺在他们的资助下
whereby large acreage may be given to men who would
说服大批移♥民♥前来定居
undertake to persuade numbers of emigrants to come and settle
就会获得大面♥积♥土地
on part of it under their sponsorship.
我的确听到有人提起赠地 但是
I did hear mention of such grants, yet...
他们来这里后必须按英亩支付昂贵的土地租金
Yet is it not true they come here steep quitrent per acre
难道不是吗
that must be paid in coin?
是这样
That is true.
但说实话 弗雷泽先生
But in frankness, Mr. Fraser,
法律是一回事
there is the law,
做的事又是另一回事
and there is what is done.
因为这里需要移♥民♥
It may be possible to dispense with the requirements
所以免役税的要求可能被免除
of quitrents while one acquires settlers.
当然前提是他宣誓向国王陛下效忠
Provided, of course, one swears an oath of loyalty
如果他还没有这样做的话
to his Majesty the King, if not already done so.
虽然我不想让你想起任何过去的耻辱
And so not wishing to remind you of any past indignity,
-但我必须问 -我也必须答
- it is my duty to ask-- - And mine to answer.
我是得到赦免的詹姆斯二世党人
I'm a pardoned Jacobite.
我宣誓过了
I've sworn the oath.
跟许多付出代价才保住性命的人一样
Like so many others that paid that price to keep their lives.
现在很晚了 阁下
It's late, Your Excellency.
我必须向你辞行
I must beg to take my leave of you.
晚安 弗雷泽先生
Well, good night, Mr. Fraser.
考虑我的提议吧
Do consider my offer.
100磅先令
100 pounds sterling.
买♥♥一颗红宝石 多亏了你
For a single ruby, all thanks to you.
男爵几乎把眼珠子掉进了你的胸里
The Baron nearly dropped his eyeballs into your bosom,
那个肮脏的色鬼
the filthy lecher.
幸亏你头脑清醒 敢于向他挑战
Had a right mind to challenge him over it.
谨慎也是英勇的一部分
Discretion is the better part of valor.
我还没见过这样想的苏格兰人
I've yet to meet a Scot who seemed to think so.
虽然如此 男爵对精美珠宝的喜爱
Eh, be that as it may, the Baron's eye for fine gemstones
意味着我们有足够的钱
means we've enough money to secure passage
多次来回苏格兰了
to Scotland many times over.
我还可以用剩下的钱
With what's left over, I can--
买♥♥下印刷机
I can purchase a printing press.
你可以练习医术
You can practice your healing.
别焦急 英格兰人
Ah, do not fuss, Sassenach.
会没事的
It'll be fine.
约翰·格雷利用了他的影响力 撤销了搜查令
John Grey used his influence to withdraw the warrant.
我不再是通缉犯了
I'm no longer a wanted man.
-不是这事 -你很不会撒谎
- It's not that. - You're a terrible liar.
不 没什么
No, it's nothing.
你思考的声音好大 我从这里都能听见
Ah, thinking so loudly, I can hear ye from here.
我想的是州长对你的提议
Well, I was thinking about the offer the Governor made to you.
我自己也在想这件事
I was thinking on the matter myself.
然后呢
And?
他给我提供土地
Oh, he's--he's no offering me land
可不是为了我美丽的蓝眼睛
for the sake of my bonny blue eyes.
嘴里有蜜的蜜蜂 尾巴上是有刺的
Bees that have honey in their mouth have a sting in their tail.
你问问自己
Ask yourself this.
为什么是我
Why me?
一个没什么关系
An outsider with few ties
剧集 | 古战场传奇 | 导航列表