剧集 | 古战场传奇 | 导航列表
你是贵格教♥徒♥吗
Are ye a Quaker?
贵格教♥徒♥
Quaker?
不 我信奉天主教
No, I'm--I'm Catholic.
那么你怎么会赞同他们的观点
W--how is it that ye come to share their views?
我之前给贵格教♥徒♥治过病
I, uh--I healed some Quakers once,
他们向我表达了
and they expressed their
他们对于奴隶制的看法
opinions to me regarding slavery.
我得承认
I have to admit,
我觉得他们的信仰有几分正确
I-- I found some truth to their beliefs.
珍妮说的对
Jenny was right about you.
你是个特别的姑娘
You are a peculiar lass.
她在来信中提到
She made mention in her letters
你生气勃勃 非常英勇
that you were... spirited, headstrong,
不羞于表达自己
that ye no blush to share your thoughts
对任何问题的想法 不管是否熟悉
on any matter, versed in it or no.
珍妮也是这样的女孩
The same could be said for Jenny.
没错
Oh, aye.
是的
Aye.
你是个活泼人 对吧
Ye're a lively one, are ye no?
怪不得我外甥爱你到不能自拔
It's no wonder my nephew is drawn to ye.
你身体里有麦肯齐之火
Ye've the fire of MacKenzie in ye.
宴会吸引来的都是北卡罗来纳州的精英
The party attracted the cream of Cross Creek society,
都为了见到杰米和我
all to meet Jamie and me.
我发现自己与沃尔夫中尉
I found myself discussing local politics
讨论着当地政♥治♥局势
with Lieutenant Wolff,
还有乔卡丝塔的朋友和顾问
as well as Jocasta's friend and advisor,
法卡德·坎贝尔
Farquard Campbell.
我听说他们在波弗特的法庭
I heard they were causing trouble
惹上了麻烦
at the courthouse in Beaufort.
又是税务问题
Ugh, the taxes again.
如果他们想找麻烦 那他们会从
If it's trouble they want, it's trouble they'll get
国王军队那里得到教训
from His Majesty's Army.
我非常同意派遣海军
I'd go so far as to send the Marines
如果这能帮助镇♥压♥那些呜咽的流氓
if it would help quell the whimpering rogues.
动荡的时代来临了
Tumultuous times ahead.
我们夹在印第安人和监管者之间
Between the Indians and now these Regulators,
如果有机会好好利用这片土地
it'll be a miracle if we have a chance
那就是个奇迹了
to make something decent of this land.
你不能责怪这两方
Well, you can hardly blame either group
因为他们想让别人听到自己的声音
for wanting their voices to be heard.
是啊
Aye.
印第安人先到了这里
The Indians were on these lands first,
不是吗
were they not?
真是天真
How charmingly naive.
要不是罗马人
Were it not for the Romans,
英格兰的原住民
the good natives of Great Britain
如今住的地方比泥屋好不了多少
would be sheltering in dwellings little better than mud huts today.
没有道路 没有任何形式的先进
No roads, no sophistication of any sort.
野蛮人应该心存感激
The savages should be thankful
我们来这里避免他们重蹈覆辙
we're here to spare them a similar fate.
我先失陪了
If you'll excuse me.
夫人
Mistress.
亲爱的朋友们 都过来吧
Dear friends, please, gather round.
客人们都集♥合♥了 夫人
The guests are now assembled, mistress.
我很荣幸
It has been my honor
向大家介绍我外甥杰米·弗雷泽
to introduce my nephew, Jamie Fraser,
和他可爱的妻子克莱尔·弗雷泽夫人
his lovely wife, Mistress Claire Fraser,
和我的甥孙伊恩·莫瑞
and my great-nephew, Ian Murray.
但在这美好的日子里
But there is another reason
我让大家齐聚一堂还有另外一个原因
I've brought ye together on this fine day.
卡梅隆夫人
Mistress Cameron,
你拿出了好酒
ye've brought out the good vintage.
这肯定是个好消息
What excellent news it must be.
的确如此 坎贝尔先生
Indeed I have, Mr. Campbell.
这里的人都知道
All gathered here have kent for quite some time
我一直在为此苦恼
that I have been agonizing over the matter
我要把心爱的奔流庄园留给谁
of to whom I shall leave my beloved River Run.
不用再好奇了
Well, ye need wonder no more.
我很高兴宣布
I am pleased to announce
我决定
that I've decided to name
让我外甥杰米当我的继承人
my nephew, Jamie, as my heir.
我决定 杰米立刻
It is my intention that Jamie should act
成为这座庄园的主人
as master of the estate immediately.
我把奔流庄园交给他
I leave River Run in his hands.
毫无疑问 她是麦肯齐家族的人
There's no doubt she's a MacKenzie.
公开任命我为继承人
Publicly naming me heir
又不提前告诉我 这是精心安排的
without telling me first was-- was calculated.
卡伦和杜格尔会做的事
Something Colum or Dougal would've done.
我不能拥有奴隶 杰米
I can't own slaves, Jamie.
我们意见一致
On that, we are agreed upon.
但是 如果我是
Though if I were
奔流庄园的主人
master of River Run,
难道我们不能帮助奴隶吗
might we not help the slaves,
确保他们衣食无忧
see that they're well fed and clothed,
努力让他们自♥由♥
but... work to set them free?
也许我们可以对身边的人
Maybe we can make a small difference
产生一点小小的影响
for those in our part of the world.
一个火花
A spark...
可能点燃导火索
that might light a fuse.
没有你我无法改变奔流庄园 英格兰人
I can't change River Run without you, Sassenach.
你怎么说
What do you say?
导火索通常会导致爆♥炸♥
Fuses often lead to explosions.
是
Aye.
是 但尘埃落定时
Aye, but when the dust settles,
通常你战斗的魔鬼就消失了
oftentimes, the devil ye're fightin' is gone.
真希望你能提前告诉我 姨妈
Wish ye'd given me a word in advance, Auntie.
嗯
Aye.
我本该先和你谈论这事
I ought to have discussed the matter with you first,
但我还要和谁分享我的财富
but who else am I to share my bounty with?
我的孩子们都去世了
My children have passed, and I care for you
我将你视若己出
as though you were my own.
我很感激
I'm grateful.
这是你应得的 小伙子
Ye're deservin' of it, lad.
你得知这点肯定很高兴
'Twill no doubt please you to ken
你姨妈的遗嘱正在起草
that yer aunt's will and testament is being drawn up,
把你的遗产传给你 弗雷泽先生
bequeathin' unto you yer inheritance, Mr. Fraser.
一笔巨款
A braw sum.
你需要现钱
Well, ye'll have need of ready money
以庄园主人的身份做生意
to conduct business as master of the estate.
我正式被任命为继承人之前
Oh, there is one thing I would ask
想问一件事
before I'm formally named heir.
弗雷泽先生
Mr. Fraser,
任何人都不应该挑剔别人送的礼物
no man ought to look a gift horse in the mouth.
法卡德 我料到了
Farquard, 'tis expected that the lad
这孩子会问问题
should have questions.
任何天生的领导者都应该会
Any born leader should.
怎么了 外甥
What is it, nephew?
我想让庄园的奴隶得到自♥由♥
I want to free the estate's slaves.
你疯了吗
Have you lost yer heid?
我妻子和我不想有奴隶
My wife and I dinna wish to own slaves.
没有奴隶 你打算如何生产
And how do ye propose to produce anything without slaves?
我打算让种植园的每个男人和女人
It is my intention that every man and woman
都获得公平的工资
on the plantation shall earn a fair wage.
让奴隶赚工资
Allow slaves to earn a wage?
讨论这种可能性没有坏处
I see no harm in discussing the possibility.
也许你可以谈谈你对这件事的看法
Perhaps you'd allow us to benefit
让我们受益 坎贝尔先生
from yer wisdom on the matter, Mr. Campbell?
好吧
Well,
如果你非得听到你希望承担的任务
if ye must hear the insurmountable obstacles
带来的无法逾越的障碍
associated wi' the task ye wish to undertake,
剧集 | 古战场传奇 | 导航列表