剧集 | 神探默多克(2008) | 导航列表
He approached me at the mansion.
他在那栋大楼接近我
I have his address in here,
我有他在这儿的地址
I'm sure, let me see. No,
我敢肯定 让我找下 不对
no, no. Ah, so many papers!
不是 不是 太多了
Here it is.
在这儿呢
Excellent work, Margaret.
干得漂亮 玛格利特
Come on, Murdoch.
走吧 默多克
Thank you!
谢谢
Remind him he needs to send me his invoice. Thomas!
提醒他把发♥票♥给我 托马斯
It appears Margaret may have saved a few bob.
看来玛格丽特省钱了
Sir, the bullet appears to have entered the back
长官 子弹是从后脑射入
of Mr. Dexter's head, and not the side.
德克斯特的头部 而非旁侧
A clumsy attempt to make a murder look like a suicide.
想将谋杀伪装成自杀的拙劣尝试
Interesting that it happened so soon after we told
蹊跷的是 我们一告诉伊丽莎白·皮姆
Elizabeth Pym that Mr. Dexter was under suspicion.
德克斯特先生十分可疑 他就被杀了
Makes it pretty difficult for him
这下想要让他开口
to answer questions about his connection to her.
陈述两人之间的关系就不可能了
At least we have this.
也不是完全没有收获
Done? Done!
好了吗 好了
Thank you.
谢谢
Father is off to find a murderer.
爸爸要去抓坏蛋啦
There.
好了
And now, for Elizabeth Pym's fingermarks
现在 是伊丽莎白·皮姆的指纹
in the exact same spot.
放在同一位置上
A little lower on the left.
左边低一点
There.
就这样
Alright. Sir,
好了 先生
what's this contraption here?
这个精巧的物件是什么
It's called a macro lens attachment.
这叫做微距镜头设备
It magnifies the image so that I can get a higher resolution
它可以用来放大图像 这样我就可以得到
photograph of just what I need.
我需要的 更高分辨率的照片
In this case, the right index fingermark.
这样一来 就得到了 正好大小的指纹图片
A higher resolution;
有更高的分辨率
that means you can see more clearly? That's right.
意思是你能看得更清楚吗 对
Oh, that'll be all, Henry.
今天就这样吧 亨利
Sir,
先生
I didn't mean to speak ill of your son earlier.
我之前不是故意说你儿子坏话的
No offense taken.
没什么
I would be proud if he would grow up to be a stalwart
如果他能长成像你一样健壮的
young man such as yourself, Henry.
年轻人 我会感到很自豪 亨利
Thank you, sir.
谢谢你 先生
It bears repeating that I think your novel has true greatness in it.
我总能感觉到你的小说中有真正的伟大意蕴
I just think you ought to...
我只是想 你应该
do away with some of the dull bits
去掉一些枯燥乏味的部分
and flesh out the parts that are more rousing.
并充实相对活泼有趣的部分
That is sound advice.
这倒是个忠告
And have you reconsidered making it
不过你有没有重新考虑一下写成
"Dan of Green Gables"?
绿山墙的丹(翻译君好想译成翩翩公子 玉面小生什么的)
Absolutely not.
呵呵 当然没有
Why should I?
我♥干♥嘛考虑
Half the world is made up of women.
女人撑起半边天
I suspect there should be a large readership
我觉得这本以女性为主角的小说
for a novel with a female protagonist.
应该会赢得广大读者的追捧
You make a good case.
干得漂亮
By the way, you need to grab your readers right off the top,
顺便说句 你得从一开始就将读者牢牢吸引住
make it exciting.
让小说激动人心
I think that's the technique that made my novel successful.
我认为 这就是让我的小说大获成功的技巧
How do you suggest I accomplish that?
你觉得我要如何才能做到这点呢
Well, you have the haunted wood scenes.
你有描写闹鬼的森林场景
They're just buried a long way in.
这个场景的伏笔埋得太长了
Try moving those up at the beginning.
试试在一开始就把它们呈现出来
And give us some ghosts.
然后写几个鬼魂进去
We need to actually see them.
我们读者需要确确实实看到它们
And a dead body.
还要有一具尸体
Maud, a dead body would go a long way,
莫德 一具尸体用处可大了
people wouldn't be able to put the book down
如果一开始就引入这些元素
if it had all that at the start.
人们会手不释卷的
I don't know about an actual corpse, George.
我对真正的死尸一无所知 乔治
It's not meant to be that kind of novel.
我的原意也不是要写这种小说
Fair enough, no corpse.
有道理 那就不要写死尸了
But definitely ghosts. And they need to DO something.
但鬼魂肯定要的 它们需要起点作用
You may be right. I'm certain I am.
你也许是对的 那当然
What about a white lady who walks along the brook at night,
这样如何 一白衣女子溪边夜游
who wrings her hands and utters wailing cries,
双手紧握 失声恸哭
appearing when there's a death in the family?
每逢家有丧事 她就出现
That's perfect.
棒极了
Maud, that's perfect. And then,
莫德 棒极了 接着
maybe the ghost of a murdered child
那个鬼魂就可能是一个被谋杀了的孩子的鬼魂
who haunts the woods
在森林里游荡
and creeps up behind you, and he puts a...
在你身后慢慢爬上来 然后 他
a cold hand on your shoulder.
冰冷的手搭上了你的肩膀
And a headless man...
一个无头男人
who stalks up and down the path
在小径上徘徊
and skeletons that glower from between the boughs.
骷髅们从粗壮的树枝之间投来怒视
Headless man?
无头人
Have you ever seen a headless man?
你见过无头人吗
No. Have you?
没有 你见过吗
I have.
我见过
It's quite something.
真是非同寻常
I think it would be a good idea if your pen name
我觉得如果你的笔名能借用你的名字
was to include all three of your names,
会是个不错的主意
like some of the greats:
就像一些大♥师♥一样
Robert Louis Stephenson,
罗伯特·路易斯·斯蒂芬森
Arthur Conan Doyle, H.G. Wells...
阿瑟·柯南道尔 H.G.威尔斯之类的
Louisa May Alcott. Exactly.
路易莎·梅·阿尔科特 对极了
What a wonderful thought, George.
多好的想法 乔治
I do like the sound of it.
我真喜欢这个名字的发音
"Lucy Maud Montgomery".
露西·莫德·蒙哥马利
You know, it's one of the great tragedies of my life
你知道的 我人生一个最大的遗憾
that I have only one given name. I was a foundling, you see,
就是我有名无姓 我曾是个弃婴 你瞧
so my naming was rather a utilitarian affair.
我这名起得相当俗
You were an orphan? Mm...
你是个孤儿吗 - 嗯
I was found on the church steps
我是从教堂台阶上的一个
in an extremely old carpetbag,
破旧旅行袋里被发现的
which held me and all my worldly possessions, so...
那个旅行袋就是我全部的财产了 所以
I think it's safe to say it wasn't very heavy.
我想那肯定不是什么贵重东西
Did you ever come to know the mother and father
你从来都没想过你的父母吗
who brought you into the world?
那两个把你带到世上的人
Yeah, I did meet my mother eventually.
想过 我后来确实见过我妈妈
I remember as a child, I used to pretend that...
我记得我小时候 常常假装自己是
I was really the son of some great earl
是个了不起的伯爵的儿子
and I'd been stolen away by a cruel and wicked nurse
后来被一个冷酷邪恶的护士抱走了
who ended up dying before she had a chance to confess.
她还没有机会忏悔 就凄惨死去
What a positively romantic story.
多曲折浪漫的故事
Were you terribly sad and lonely?
你是不是也曾伤心欲绝 孤独寂寞
No, everything worked out exceedingly well for me actually.
不 生活其实待我确实不薄
Adversity can be the making of a man.
逆境可以成就一个人
George. Yes?
乔治 怎么了
Please come closer.
再过来点
This is a photograph of the fingermarks
这是一张指纹照片
that were taken from the pistol that was found in Mr. Dexter's hand.
指纹是从德克斯特先生所持手♥枪♥上提取的
As you can see, they're undistinguishable.
正如你所见 它们并不好确认
But...
但是
if I overlay
如果我
these two fingermarks...
把这两个指纹
like so...
像这样合在一起
Now what do you see?
你能看见什么
It's the same image.
重合了
Precisely. When oriented correctly,
巧的是 如果调整到正确的位置
these two fingermarks form the one
这两枚指纹正好形成了
剧集 | 神探默多克(2008) | 导航列表