剧集 | 神探默多克(2008) | 导航列表
Dr. Ogden speaks very highly of you.
奥格登医生对你的评价很高
When did you hear him speak, Miss James?
你什么时候听过他的演讲 詹姆斯女士
Some weeks ago. He was an advocate for the Trade.
几星期前 他是贸易的拥护者
The liquor trade. That's right.
酒类贸易 没错
Well, in that case, I would have a bone to pick with him.
那样的话 我得说他几句
If there ever was a place in need of the local option,
如果有什么地方需要禁酒
it's the Junction. The place is
那一定是三角区 那地方
teeming with drunks at all hours...
随时都能见到醉鬼
a filthy, awful place.
一个肮脏又恶心的地方
And one Miss James calls home.
那里也是詹姆斯女士的家
Of course no place is all bad.
当然没什么地方会无药可救
I'm sure there's plenty to recommend in the Junction.
我肯定三角区也有些值得称赞的地方
Trains, for instance. It's easy to leave.
比如火车 要离开那里很容易
Not that you'd want to leave... Um...
不是说你想离开... 额...
Miss James, why do you suppose alcohol
詹姆斯女士 你认为是什么原因
has become such a problem in the Junction?
让酒精成了三角区的大问题
It's the first stop on the rail lines,
那里是铁路线上的第一站
so there's a hotel on every corner.
所以到处都是旅馆
Those places offer all manner of temptation.
这种地方充满了各种诱惑
And are the people of the Junction in favour of the local option?
三角区的市民支持禁酒政策施行吗
Overwhelmingly, sir.
绝对支持 先生
As am I.
我也是
A pro-liquor councilman dead
一个支持酒类贸易的议员
in the midst of a temperance campaign.
在禁酒政策改选期间死亡
Sounds to me like the man's politics got him killed.
听起来像是他的政敌杀害了他
We should establish a timeline of everything
我们应该确定一个关于这次改选的时间轴
Mr. Slauson consumed leading up to his death.
史劳森先生的选择导致了他的死亡
Perhaps his wife can help us
也许他的妻子能帮我们
account for his final hours.
确定他死前几小时内的行程
I'll call Chief Royce in the Junction
我会打电♥话♥给罗伊斯局长
and tell him that we'll handle the investigation.
告诉他我们会接手这个案子
Right then, is this one mine?
那么 这辆是我的吗
Sir. I thought you'd be taking the carriage.
长官 我以为你要坐马车
I can handle a little bike ride, Murdoch.
区区自行车我还是能对付的 默多克
Do try to keep up.
跟不上别逞强
Sir...
先生
I believe the Slauson place is right over here.
史劳森的家应该就在那
See?
看见没
Piece of cake, Murdoch.
对我来说就是小菜一碟 默多克
I was just as quick as you.
我跟你不相上下
Well, sir, I wasn't...
呃 先生 我没有...
Oh, yes. Quite swift. Quite swift, sir.
好吧 先生 你是挺快的
All this local option business is ridiculous, if you ask me.
要我说 禁酒这事真是荒唐
Sir, if it's what the people of the Junction want,
先生 如果这是三角区人♥民♥想要的
I see no reason to prevent it.
我觉得没理由阻止
Liquor is a good thing for a good man. A few drunks
酒对好人来说可是好东西
having too much is hardly cause to get rid of it.
没道理因为几个喝多了的醉汉就要禁酒的
I've never understood the appeal of alcohol, sir.
我从来不懂酒精的魅力所在 先生
It impedes the brain's ability to function,
它会阻碍大脑运转
making it impossible to think clearly.
使思维不清晰
Well that's just it, Murdoch.
这正是酒的魅力啊 默多克
Don't you ever want to relax
你就没想过
and stop thinking for a couple of hours?
休息一下 停几个小时不去想事情吗
No.
还真没
I'm very sorry, Mrs. Slauson,
非常抱歉 史劳森太太
but we believe your husband was murdered.
您的丈夫被谋杀了
Poisoned, in fact. My God.
毒杀 确切的说 天呐
How? Why?
怎么被杀的 为什么啊
We were hoping you'd be able to help us with that,
我们希望您能帮忙破案 史劳森太太
Mrs. Slauson. Where was your husband prior to 10 P.M. last evening?
您丈夫昨晚十点前在哪儿呢
The last I saw him he was on his way out after supper.
我最后一次见他时 他正吃完晚餐准备出门
It was about half past 8.
大概八点半
What was prepared for supper?
晚餐准备了什么
Beef and carrots.
牛肉和胡萝卜
Did you make the meal yourself?
是您亲手做的吗
I did. And shared in it... it was fine.
是的 并且我也吃了... 没有问题
Anything to drink? Only water.
喝了什么吗 只有水
I don't allow liquor in the house.
在家里我不允许他喝酒
And where did Mr. Slauson go at half past 8?
那八点半时克劳森先生去哪了呢
The Peacock Hotel, as he's done every night
孔雀旅馆 自从我禁了他的酒后
since I stopped allowing liquor in the house.
他每晚都去那里
Witnesses state that your husband didn't arrive there
目击者说您丈夫十点左右
until nearly 10 P.M.
才到的那里
Oh, that's right.
哦 是的
I'm sorry, this is all terribly...
很抱歉 这一切都太...
He had a meeting to attend with the Reverend Shore.
他参加了肖尔教士的一个会议
What was it about?
关于什么的
The Reverend and his fellow temperancers want town council
教士和禁酒者们希望镇上的理事会
to call a plebiscite vote on the local option.
就地方选择权发起公民投票
But to do so, they need every councillor on board.
但这需要全体议员出席
Your husband was one who opposed it.
而您丈夫是反对他们的
My husband was the only one who opposed them.
我丈夫是唯一一个反对的
He was the last man
他是最后一个
standing between the Junction and prohibition.
阻止三角区禁酒的人
The scourge of liquor is a terrible thing.
酒所带来的灾难是可怕的
It turns homes into hovels.
它让家庭变得破败不堪
We must stand up to this scourge,
我们必须阻止这样的灾难发生
for temperance is the will of the Lord himself.
因为禁酒是上帝的意愿
Amen! Amen!
阿门 阿门
Hallelujah! It pleases me very much
哈利路亚 很高兴
to introduce to you a special guest.
向你们介绍一位特别的来宾
A woman of great standing
一位了不起的女性
who has dedicated her life to our cause.
她为我们的事业奉献了自己生命
Mrs. Carrie A. Nation.
卡丽·A·内申太太
Sir? Bloody Margaret.
先生 该死的玛格丽特
Liquor is not merely a scourge.
酒不仅仅是灾难
Liquor is a pestilential highway
还是一条通往瘟疫的高速路
leading to ruin and wretchedness.
把我们领向堕落与毁灭
Liquor is ruining the lives of our children,
酒正在摧毁我们子孙后代
both born and unborn.
的生活
It is the embodiment of pure evil!
它纯粹是邪恶的化身
Bollocks.
胡说八道
I think that's the woman who's staying at my house.
我想这位就是要住在我家的那位女士了
Well, she certainly knows how to stir up a crowd.
她真会煽动人群
They scarcely need it.
他们才不需要煽动呢
These temperancers live and die for their cause.
这些禁酒者愿为他们的事业赴汤蹈火
Those who stand in our way must be destroyed!
那些挡路的人都要被除掉
Hear, hear!
同意 同意
The question is, is one of them willing to kill for it?
问题是 他们中有人会为此而杀人吗
Poisoned? How awful.
被毒死了 真是糟糕
Reverend, we understand you hosted a meeting last night.
教士 我们了解到您昨晚举办了一个会议
Yes, at my home.
是的 就在我家
We met with Councilman Slauson at 9 P.M.
9点钟我们与史劳森议员开了
for, oh, about half an hour.
大概半小时的会议
And you attempted to sway him in favour of temperance?
而你试图劝他支持禁酒吗
We wanted him to agree to put it to a plebiscite vote.
我们希望他同意让公民投票表决
To put the decision of temperance
让三角区的公民自己
into the hands of the Junction's citizens.
来决定是否禁酒
So you leaned on him. We merely wanted to
所以你逼迫了他 我们只是想
converse with him on the matter.
在这件事上跟他好好谈谈
A conversation that ended in his death.
而这次对话以他的死结束
Just what are you suggesting?
你们在暗示什么
Your guest speaker was wielding an axe, Reverend.
教士 你的特邀演讲者挥舞着斧头呢
Your followers are, shall we say, passionate.
我得说 你的追随者们可是非常的狂热
Nothing will stand in the way of temperance and, yes,
没有什么会阻挡禁酒的实行 并且
I may have let Mr. Slauson know that, in no uncertain terms.
我直接了当地跟史劳森先生这么说了
But I did not kill him. Maybe you know who did.
但我没有杀他 也许你知道是谁杀的
I do not. But in all honesty, it could have been anyone.
我不知道 但说实话 谁都有可能
The man was a belligerent drunk
这个男人是个好斗的醉鬼
who offended, insulted, and became violent
他会无礼对人甚至暴♥力♥对待
剧集 | 神探默多克(2008) | 导航列表