剧集 | 神探默多克(2008) | 导航列表
Perhaps I can help you in a different way.
或许我能用另一种方式帮你
I can offer you the opportunity
我可以让你自己
to experience opium for yourself,
来感受一下鸦♥片♥的感觉
safely and purely.
保证安全 尽兴
Oh, I don't... Please, I urge you
我不认为... 拜托 我强烈希望你能
to do whatever you must to find Byron's killer.
尽你所能找到杀害拜伦的凶手
It may open your mind
它或许能帮你开启一条
to a path you had previously not seen.
之前没有看到的路
A scientific experiment.
一个科学实验
Well?
怎么样
I don't know...
我不知道...
I do feel relaxed...
我的确感觉很放松
calm... content.
平静 满足
My nose is itchy.
我的鼻子发痒
Mine too!
我的也是
I feel the most delicious tingling in my body,
我感觉身体里充满了舒爽的麻刺感
like all of my senses are on fire.
好像我所有的感官都在燃烧
I understand now
我现在明白
how opium awakens an appetite...
鸦♥片♥是怎么唤醒人的食欲的了
I'm not hungry in the slightest.
我现在一点都不饿
of a more carnal nature...
是肉体的自然欲望
Julia. We are not alone.
茱莉亚 这里还有别人在
I see no one. No one but you.
我谁都看不见 满眼都是你
William...
威廉
look at this dragon.
你看这条龙
It's as though it could breathe fire at any moment.
它好像随时都能喷出来火焰
You're seeing the red of the dragon's mouth
你看到是龙嘴里的红色
and interpreting it as fire.
把它当成了火焰
William
威廉
I'm aware that I am looking at a tapestry
我知道在我眼前的是一条挂毯
and not an actual dragon.
不是一条真正的龙
You might find this experience
如果你不再对这些进行分♥析♥
more beneficial if you ceased to analyze it
仅仅只是去感受它
and just embrace it.
你可能也会有这样的感受的
Did you know, Julia, that in Ancient China,
你知道吗 茱莉亚 在古代中国
only Emperors were allowed
只有皇帝可以描画
to depict five clawed dragons?
五爪的龙
Anyone found in possession
任何人被发现拥有这样的东西
of such things was put to death.
都会被杀死
Then I suppose Byron Sutton
那我想 拜伦·萨顿会
was willing to invoke the wrath
遭受中国祖先的
of the ancients.
怒火
How so? His pipe
怎么会 他的烟枪
has an engraving of a dragon with five claws on it.
上面雕刻了一条五爪的龙
Remarkably, it's just like this one.
很显眼 就像这个
Even my students wouldn't dare to
甚至我的学生们都不敢
possess a five-clawed dragon.
持有一条五爪龙
Julia...
茱莉亚
Byron Sutton didn't custom order that
拜伦不是为他自己
opium pipe for himself.
定制的那个烟枪
He bought it for Professor Lawrence.
他是为劳伦斯教授买♥♥的
His Emperor.
他的君主
So, Byron Sutton wasn't meant to die that night.
所以 那天晚上要被杀的不是拜伦·萨顿
Professor Lawrence was.
要杀的是劳伦斯教授
We believe the pipe that killed Mr. Sutton
我们认为杀死萨顿先生的那根烟枪
was meant to be a gift for you.
本来是送给你的礼物
For me?
给我的
Oh my God.
天哪
I thought Byron was just showing me his new pipe.
我以为拜伦只是在展示他的新烟枪
He was trying to give it to me.
他是想把它给我
Did you not see the five-clawed dragon depicted?
你当时没看到烟枪上的五爪龙图画吗
I didn't even look at it. I was on my way out
我甚至都没看 我正准备出去
I barely let him speak...
我几乎都没让他说话
I insisted that Byron christen
我坚持拜伦下次聚会时
his new pipe at our next session.
为他的新烟枪洗礼
Byron put it away in the cupboard and...
拜伦把它放在橱柜上
Who would have done this, Detective?
谁会这么做 警探
I didn't know Byron bought the pipe for my husband.
我不知道拜伦买♥♥了这根烟枪给我丈夫
He didn't tell me. Mrs. Lawrence,
他没告诉我 劳伦斯女士
you must realize that all of the evidence
你肯定明白了 所有的证据
points directly to you.
都指向了你
Did you not consider my husband is lying
关于这根烟枪 你没想过我丈夫
about the pipe?
撒谎了吗
He is the one who was hiding the puffer fish
是他把河豚藏在他私人的
in his personal cabinet.
橱柜里的
The poison that killed Byron Sutton
杀害拜伦·萨顿的毒药
was not from the puffer fish. Of course it was!
不是河豚 当然是它
Why else would he be hiding it?
不然他为什么要把它藏起来
He wasn't hiding it.
他没有藏
It was put there. By you.
它是被人放在那里的 是你放的
You saw it written on my chalkboard.
你看到了我黑板上写的河豚
You hoped your husband would pay for the crime
你希望你的丈夫为这件罪行付出代价
and you would be free.
这样 你就能自♥由♥了
I hoped he would pay, yes,
我的确希望他付出代价
but because I thought him guilty.
但是因为我以为他是有罪的
You must believe me,
你一定要相信我
if I had poisoned that pipe
如果我在那根烟枪上下毒了
I would never have let Byron smoke it.
我绝对不会让拜伦抽的
Perhaps we should revisit our earlier assumptions.
或许我们应该再过一遍之前的猜想
We believed the poison was an alkaloid
我们认为毒药是一种植物碱基
because that was our only positive test result.
从实验结果来看 这是唯一的可能
I suppose we could try some of the plants
我想我们应该用一些其他没有试过
we didn't test.
的植物来测试
I know it seems like a waste of time
我知道看起来好像是浪费时间
but it may be worth our while.
但是或许会有所收获
I can't believe you smoked opium.
我无法相信你抽了鸦♥片♥
Ah! Well, all in the name of science.
好吧 在科学的名义下
I've taken laudanum once, when I broke my leg.
在我摔断腿的时候 我喝过鸦♥片♥酒
It eased the pain but I didn't care for
它减轻了疼痛 但是我对它引起的
how dull it made my mind feel.
思想的呆滞却不在意
That's what's extraordinary. Opium when smoked
这就是它非凡的地方 与其说
is more of a stimulant than a depressant.
它是镇定剂不如说是兴♥奋♥剂♥
How did it feel? Well,
是什么感觉 好吧
first, I felt a tingling in my extremities
刚开始 我感觉到四肢的麻刺感
and then, it spread to my whole body...
然后 这种感觉延伸到整个身体
Did you say a tingling? Like pins and needles?
你是说麻刺感 像四肢发麻那种吗
Yes, just like that. What if what you said
没错 就像那样 如果刚开始你说的
originally was true?
是对的
That the opium counteracted the effects of the poison.
鸦♥片♥抵消了毒药的效果
Not counteracted; masked. Here it is:
不是抵消 是掩盖 在这里
"Pins and needles, muscle paralysis
"四肢发麻 肌肉麻痹
and, sometimes, seizures!"
有时会抽搐"
What if when Mr. Sutton felt the pins and needles,
如果萨顿先生感到四肢发麻
he attributed it to the opium? Making him unaware
他以为是鸦♥片♥的原因 让他忽视了
of the warning signs.
这个警告的信♥号♥♥
It was the very first poison we considered.
这是刚开始我们考虑的第一种毒药
Aconite!
乌头毒草
Byron Sutton's killer was simple wolfsbane.
杀害拜伦·萨顿的只是普通的附子花
Do you sell wolfsbane? Wolfsbane?
你卖♥♥附子花吗 附子花
Aconite. Ah, Fu Zi!
乌头毒草 呃 附 子
Much of it, yes. Very good for pain.
它的大部分 有的 对止痛很有效
Have you ever sold it in its raw plant form?
你卖♥♥出去过未加工过的附子花植物吗
Yes, some. To Mrs. Lawrence.
卖♥♥过 卖♥♥了一些给劳伦斯女士
Anyone else?
还有别人吗
Yes. White man.
还卖♥♥给了一个白人
Nervous. He knew the Chinese name,
他很紧张 他知道它的中文名字
Fu Zi. Otherwise I would not sell it. Very dangerous.
附 子 不然我不会卖♥♥给他的 这很危险
Do you recall his name? He was here before.
你能想起他的名字吗 他之前来过这里
He paid for a translation.
他付钱让我翻译过东西
I will check my ledger.
我查一下账本
剧集 | 神探默多克(2008) | 导航列表