剧集 | 神探默多克(2008) | 导航列表
Red? Something to remember
红色 你离开这的时候
when you get out of here.
要记住这个
Mark my words. As soon as he matches the fingermark,
记住我的话 一旦他匹配上这些指纹
he'll make an arrest.
他就会进行逮捕
Now, do you care to make a wager on who?
现在 你有兴趣打个赌吗
For money?
来钱吗
Yes, for money. I'm gonna take odds.
是的 用钱做赌注 我做庄
On who killed Foster?
赌是谁杀了福斯特吗
If you pass it around, I'll cut you in.
如果你传下去 我会分你一份利润
Only, tell the right people.
只能告诉合适的人
We don't want the guards getting wind of this.
我们不想警卫们听到这件事的风声
Are you coming to bed, William? In just a moment.
你要睡觉了吗 威廉 一会就来
What has you so engrossed?
是什么让你全神贯注
An unusual coincidence.
一个不寻常的巧合
Archibald Brooks was reported killed in battle
报道称阿奇博尔德·布鲁克斯死于战争
the day before Douglas Roper
恰在道格拉斯被宣判成
was declared a deserter.
逃兵的前一天
Did the two men know each other?
这两人互相认识吗
Impossible to say, but they were in the same battle.
应该不可能 但他们在同一场战争中
How did the army know that Mr. Roper
军队怎么知道罗佩尔先生
wasn't just missing in action? - His identification tags
不是在战斗中失踪 - 他的号♥码牌
were found in a hotel in Johannesburg.
在约翰尼斯堡的一个酒店被找到
So, a dead man comes to life,
所以是 一个死人 死而复生
and a presumably living man disappears without a trace.
而一个活生生的人 人间蒸发了
Curious turn of events, no?
奇怪的事 不是吗
Alright, you're relieved.
好吧 放心吧
10 to 1?
10赔1
You don't think I'm capable of murder?
你认为我解不了谜题是吗
OK, 5 to 1, you feel better?
好吧 5赔1 感觉好点没
What's your game? I'm just looking
你在玩什么 我只是想法子
for a way to pass the time. But you're not on the board.
打发时间罢了 但是你没参与其中
I didn't kill the guy. Come on, Lester,
我没杀人 算了吧 莱斯特
it's just a harmless bit of fun.
只是开个玩笑
What you getting out of it?
你能得到什么好处
We're splitting the spread. What's my cut?
我们散发消息 我有什么好处
We'll cut you in for half again for every bet you bring in.
你每带一个赌注进来我们就分你四分之一利
Pearson.
我赌皮尔森
Pearson's going at 10 to 1;
皮尔森10赔1
Franklin might be a better value.
富兰克林可能会有个好价钱
Pearson.
皮尔森
Pearson it is.
那就皮尔森了
You're thinking that Archie Brooks
你怀疑阿奇·布鲁克斯
switched identities with this Douglas Roper character.
和道格拉斯·罗佩尔互换了身份
It would explain Brooks' unlikely resurrection
这就能解释布鲁克斯的离奇复活
and Roper's disappearance.
和罗佩尔的神秘失踪了
Being dead has its advantages.
死亡也有它的好处
Especially if you're the only one who knows.
特别是在只有你是知情人的时候
His mates didn't know.
他的同伴不知道
They came looking for Roper.
他们来找过罗佩尔了
Perhaps they were confirming a suspicion.
他们可能想证实自己的猜想
You think they were really after Brooks?
你认为他们真的在找布鲁克斯吗
Foster was asking George about Edna.
福斯特问了乔治关于埃德娜的事
Could she be mixed up in this?
她也搅和进来了吗
Someone was looking for something in her apartment.
有人在她公♥寓♥里想找什么东西
Sir, why do you think
局长 你觉得为什么
Brooks wandered into a back alley after he was shot?
布鲁克斯被枪击后还走进一条后巷
Looking for help, I imagine.
我估计 求救吧
Why not go out the front door? More likely to find people.
为什么不去前门 前门人更多啊
Not everyone thinks as straight as you.
不是所有人都跟你一样聪明
No, sir.
不 长官
No single act is undertaken without a reason.
万事皆有因
Archibald Brooks was shot.
阿奇博尔德·布鲁克斯被枪击了
But he was a soldier, he would have surmised
但他是一名士兵 他应该能猜到
that he was in mortal danger.
他的处境很危险
Yet, he chose to wander into a back alley
但他仍然选择在隆冬中走进后巷
in the dead of winter instead of seeking help.
而不是寻求帮助
What was he after?
他在找什么
I take it you didn't see his face.
我猜你没看清他的脸
How do you know that?
你怎么知道
Location of the wound.
从伤口的位置看出的
Your head was turned when the pipe hit you.
他用管子打你的时候你的头转过去了
You think it was a pipe?
你觉得是根管子吗
If it had an edge,
要是利器
I might be doing this on the morgue table.
你可能就在停尸房♥了
That's what you get for skulking around
这就是你一个人
a deserted alley all by yourself.
在荒芜的巷子里鬼鬼祟祟的下场了
Well, I found out what Foster and his partner were after.
但是我知道了福斯特和他的同伙在找什么
A raw diamond?
一块钻石原石吗
This case does have its roots in South Africa.
这个案子确实起源于南非
And not just South Africa.
确切地说不只是南非
The bloody Boer War.
血腥的布尔战争
This could be war booty.
这可能是战利品
However it came to be,
不管它是怎么来的
if Archibald Brooks came into possession of this diamond,
如果阿奇博尔德·布鲁克斯拥有这块宝石
swapping identities with Douglas would provide him
那么和道格拉斯互换身份就能
with the opportunity to flee with it.
让他带走宝石
And how did Foster and his partner find out about it?
福斯特和他的同伙是怎么知道的
Well, sir, perhaps the diamond was hidden by all three of them.
长官 可能宝石就是他们三个藏起来的
They made a pact to retrieve it together.
他们约好一起把它拿回来
Yes. But Brooks had the opportunity to retrieve it
是的 但是布鲁克斯趁机独吞宝石
for himself. The other two, believing he was dead,
另外两个人 却以为他已经死了
return to the hiding spot but found the diamond gone.
于是返回藏匿地点 却发现宝石不见了
So, they think back and they put two and two together.
所以他们反思并根据事实推理了一下
Hence the visit to Mrs. Roper.
因此去拜访了罗佩尔夫人
You think Archibald Brooks' army buddies killed him?
你认为阿奇博尔德·布鲁克斯的战友杀了他
It's a version of the events
这个猜测
that's consistent with the facts.
是最符合事实的了
It certainly would explain a lot.
确实很多都说得通了
But we need to know if it's consistent
但我们想知道这
with what you know to be true.
和你知道的真♥相♥是不是一致
It is.
是的
You have to tell me, George.
乔治 你必须告诉我
I need to hear it from you.
我必须听你亲口告诉我
Did you kill Archibald Brooks?
你是否杀了阿奇博尔德·布鲁克斯
No, sir, I did not.
没有 探长 我没有
But you thought Edna did.
但你认为是埃德娜杀的
Now, why would you think... ?
那你为什么认为...
Sir, I bought her the gun.
探长 是我给她买♥♥的枪
I showed her how to use it.
是我教她如何使用的
I may as well have pulled the trigger myself.
可能我自己也给枪上了膛
You have to tell me where she is.
你必须告诉我她在哪儿
You remember I was upset the night of the stakeout?
你还记得监视的那个晚上我很沮丧吗
Yes. Of course, I remember.
记得 当然记得
You had been to her place, to Edna's.
你去过她家对吗 埃德娜家
But I went by way of the back alley in case
但是我怕阿奇博尔德·布鲁克斯在家
Archibald Brooks was home.
我就从后巷走
And you discovered his body.
然后你就发现了他的尸体
Archibald had come home,
阿奇博尔德回到家
drunk and belligerent.
醉醺醺的 还动了手
Did he hit you?
他打你了吗
I stayed out of his way.
我躲在一旁
I waited until he fell asleep, and then I left.
等他睡着了 我才离开
Where to?
去哪儿
I... I wanted to...
我...我想去...
rent a room in the Junction for Simon and I.
给我和西蒙在交界处租个房♥
I had enough money for a week, but...
我攒够了一个星期的钱 但是...
I hadn't gone five blocks when I remembered
我走了五个街区才发现
that I'd left the money in the apartment.
我把钱落在公♥寓♥里了
So you went back. Yes,
所以你又回去了 是的
and Archie was gone.
阿奇走了
剧集 | 神探默多克(2008) | 导航列表