剧集 | 神探默多克(2008) | 导航列表
off a bottle of poison only to put it
为什么他还要擦掉
in his own personal cabinet?
自己的指纹
A rather troubling detail.
一个令人困惑的细节
Why not just put it back
为什么不把它放到
in his wife's medicine cabinet?
他妻子的药柜里
I'd very much like to test the contents.
我很想要检查一下它的成分
By all means.
当然可以
This bottle doesn't contain tetrodon.
这个瓶子里并不含有河豚毒素
But it's labelled puffer fish. Which it is.
但标签上写的是河豚 - 没错
A benign powder made from the flesh.
这是从鱼体中提取出的一种良性药粉
Then, the tetrodon must have come from somewhere else.
那么 河豚毒素一定来源于别的什么地方
Or our conclusions are incorrect.
或者 我们的结论是错误的
I'm afraid Miss James and I were wrong.
我很遗憾 詹姆斯小姐和我也许犯了错误
The poison that killed Byron Sutton was not
杀死拜伦·萨顿的毒药并不是
from the puffer fish. Was not? You're quite certain?
河豚毒素 不是吗 你确定吗
Without a doubt. But we have yet to discover
我确定 但我们还没有发现
the true culprit. Right then, George,
真正的致命毒药 那么 乔治
release Professor Lawrence. Sir, I will.
放了劳伦斯教授 好的 长官
Sir, doesn't it seem rather convenient that we found
先生 我们如此轻易地在劳伦斯的橱柜里
exactly what we were looking for
找到了我们真正要找的东西
in the Lawrences' cabinet.
是不是太蹊跷了些
I agree, George. Someone is
我同意 乔治 有人
trying to lay blame on Professor Lawrence.
要把自己的罪行嫁祸给劳伦斯教授
But who could have known? Who could have known we were looking
但是谁会知道呢 谁有可能知道我们
specifically for puffer fish of all things?
在找河豚呢
Right.
对
All of the suspects were standing right here
所有的嫌疑人之前就站在这里
being finger marked. Any one of them could have
接受指纹检测 他们中的任何一个人都有可能
planted that bottle. Who would have wanted
放了那个瓶子 谁会想要
Byron Sutton killed and Professor Lawrence blamed?
杀了拜伦·萨顿 然后嫁祸给劳伦斯教授呢
I'm sure I have no idea what you're talking about, Detective.
我完全不知道您在说什么 侦探
With Byron Sutton dead and Professor Lawrence
拜伦·萨顿死了 劳伦斯教授
implicated in his murder, you would be able to shake
受到牵连 你就可以
your sister loose of their influence.
使你的妹妹摆脱他们的影响
Influence is only effective if it is desired, Detective.
一个巴掌拍不响 侦探
If anything, since Byron's death
如果非说有什么影响的话 那就是
her love of all things Chinese has only deepened.
自从拜伦死后 她对中国的一切更加痴迷
She spends all her time in Chinatown,
由于教授暂时被停职
now that the Professor's society has gone on indefinite hiatus.
她现在整天待在唐人街
A failed plan does not negate the plan itself.
一个失败的计划并不能说明计划本身无效
I wouldn't know puffer fish powder from talcum powder.
我连河豚粉和滑石粉都分不清
How would I even know which bottle is the one to choose?
我怎么会知道该用哪瓶药
It's written on the label. Yes,
标签上有说明 是的
in Chinese, Detective. Which I do not speak,
但是是中文 侦探 我不懂中文
which that cretain Gregory has never failed to point out.
这一点 那个格雷戈里一定说过了
Gregory Cummings? Oh yes! Student of the year!
格雷戈里·卡明斯吗 对 年度最佳学生
Although his dreams of that China scholarship
尽管他渴望的那个中国奖学金
are now as dead as Byron.
现在和拜伦一样彻底没了希望
You can read and write Chinese, I presume.
我没猜错的话 你会读写中文
Of course. I am also fluent in Mandarin and Cantonese,
当然 普通话和粤语我都很擅长
and some of the lesser known dialects.
还有一些小地方的方言
Mark my words, China is the future.
记着吧 中国才是未来
So you admit to knowing the contents of this bottle.
那么你承认知道瓶子里的成分
Of course. Puffer Fish.
当然 河豚
Did you have occasion
在给了我们你的指纹之后
to visit the Professor after giving us your fingermarks?
你有去拜访过教授吗
Yes. To place this bottle
去过 你是去把瓶子
in his private cabinet thus blaming him
放在他的私人橱柜中 然后好把
for the murder of Byron Sutton?
谋杀拜伦·萨顿的罪名嫁祸给他吗
Of course not!
当然不是
I would never, I swear!
我绝对不会 我发誓
But Susan might. She was with the Emperor yesterday.
但是苏珊也许会 她昨天和教授在一起
I saw her myself.
我亲眼看见的
Miss Trent. Why did you visit
特伦特小姐 你昨天为什么
Professor Lawrence's home yesterday?
去拜访了劳伦斯教授
The brown fairy won't visit me anymore.
棕色小仙女再也不来找我了
Sir, she's been going on about the brown fairy
先生 从我去接她开始
since I picked her up.
她就一直在神神叨叨那个棕色小仙女
She brings me messages.
她托了消息给我
Did you place this bottle in Professor Lawrence's cabinet?
你有没有把这个瓶子放在劳伦斯教授的橱柜里
The Emperor won't let me see her.
教授不让我看她
Miss Trent,
特伦特小姐
did you murder Byron Sutton
是不是你杀了拜伦·萨顿
and frame Professor Lawrence for his murder?
然后嫁祸给了劳伦斯教授
Byron and I have a secret.
拜伦和我有个小秘密
What's that? The blossoms will bloom
什么秘密 万花会齐放
and we will meet in their sweet fragrance. He will wait for me.
我们会在花朵甜美的芬芳中相遇 他会等我的
My God. Sir, she could barely walk.
我的天哪 先生 她几乎没法走路
I essentially had to carry her here.
我本来要带她来的
And I couldn't get a coherent word out of her the whole time.
我从来没从她这里听到一句完整清晰的话
I wonder if we should call for a doctor, sir?
我在想 我们是不是应该叫个医生过来 先生
I dare say we should.
我觉得应该
Detective, you are a Water Pig.
侦探 你是只水豚
Did you know that? No George, I did not.
你知道吗 不 乔治 我不知道
No, sir, a Water Pig has a keen sense of observation,
不 先生 水豚有着敏锐的观察力
is calm, a good negotiator.
冷静 是个极好的谈判者
Those all sound quite accurate. It also says
这些都挺准的 这本书还说
you have a tendency to indulge
你会过度地
in excess of vices in the way of alcohol,
沉溺于酒精
rich foods, and expensive luxuries.
高热量食物 高价奢侈品
I suppose it's not an exact science.
我认为这并不科学
Oh, Dr. Ogden, what year were you born?
噢 奥格登医生 你是哪一年生的
A rather probing question to ask a lady, Constable.
对女士来说还真是个难回答的问题 探员
Oh, I meant no harm doctor, I'm just really into
噢 我不是故意的 医生 我只是对
this Chinese astrology.
这本中国占星术有点着迷了
But I suppose there are some other more work-related issues
但我相信 一定有些和工作有关的事
that demand my attention.
等着我去做
Well, Miss Trent isn't suffering
特伦特小姐并没有
from any psychological malady, except perhaps a mild delusion.
任何心灵疾病 但她也许患有轻微的妄想症
Anything else?
还有别的什么吗
She is intoxicated, roaringly.
她现在极度兴奋
It's the opiates, most likely.
最有可能是鸦♥片♥的缘故
Miss Trent seems to think that Mr. Sutton
特伦特小姐似乎认为萨顿先生
would be waiting for her amongst the blossoms...
会在繁花盛开之处等着她
Sounds like a romantic fantasy.
听上去像个浪漫的幻想
Yes, except there was a similar such reference
是的 除此之外
to fragrant blossoms in the letter
这种芬芳的繁花的说法和那封
that the professor's wife wrote to Mr. Sutton.
教授妻子写给萨顿先生的信极为类似
It could be the sort of amorous allusion
这有没有可能暗示 萨顿先生
Mr. Sutton was fond of making to his lady friends?
是个喜欢和异性玩暧昧的花心萝卜
Julia, Miss Trent claims
茱莉亚 特伦特小姐声称
she has heard from Mr. Sutton since his passing.
萨顿先生死后 她听到过他的声音
Could she be hallucinating?
她是不是产生幻觉了
In my acquaintance with smoking opium,
就我对吸食鸦♥片♥的了解来说
hallucinations are not part of the experience.
它并不会使人产生幻觉
And you say the senses are not dulled?
你不是说那种感觉很强烈吗
Rather enhanced. Instead of a dormant brain,
非常强烈 我感受到了能让任何事情都变得
I feel broadened perspectives,
有可能的更开阔的视野
deeper thoughts, a heightened sense
更深度的思考 更敏锐的感觉
that all things are possible.
而不是一个沉睡着的大脑
Pipe dreams, you mean.
你的意思是 白日梦
Hence the term. Epiphanies are common.
那是学术说法 所以很容易才思如泉涌
It's a release of mental inhibition.
那是一种对抑制着的精神的解放
Then, the sensation
也就是说 这种感觉
allows the smoker to experience
让吸食者用一种不同的方式
reality differently?
感受现实
Yes... and no. Uh
是的... 也不是 呃
the opium, when smoked, it's an almost ethereal experience.
当抽鸦♥片♥时 那是一种梦幻飘渺的体验
I could no more describe it to you than I could describe
我只能描述成这样了
a rainbow to a blind man. I see.
让盲人看见彩虹 我明白了
剧集 | 神探默多克(2008) | 导航列表