剧集 | 神探默多克(2008) | 导航列表
is always right.
女人总是正确的
And I became a woman's rights man!
我变成了一个支持女权的男人
You know, if women held the right to vote,
你们知道 如果女性有选举权
the world would not be in the state it's in.
世界就不会像现在这样了
I am prepared to speak
我准备演讲
until I have convinced every single one of you.
直到我说服了你们当中的每一个人
Mr. Benson, would you? My mother...
本森先生 帮我倒水 我的母亲
George. Upstairs!
乔治 楼上
Bloody Hell.
该死的
I'll get him to the morgue, Julia.
我会把他送进殓房♥ 朱莉亚
Let the detective know
告诉侦探
my report will be on his desk. - Thank you, Emily.
我会把报告放在他桌上 - 谢谢你 艾米莉
Are you all right, Mr. Twain?
你还好吗 吐温先生
The fault is all mine. No, the blame can be shared
都是我的错 不 我们都有责任
equally. I should never have suggested this.
我真不应该组织这次演讲的
If they hadn't attempted it here, they would have attempted it somewhere else.
他们就算不在这下手 也会在别的地方下手
We'll find out who did this, Mr. Twain.
我们会找出凶手的 吐温先生
Some of the members from the Empire Club were outside the building.
一些帝国俱乐部的成员在大楼外面
One of those buggers will be responsible for this.
他们其中肯定会有人跟这件事有关
Sir.
长官
Shall I escort Mr. Twain back to his hotel?
要我把吐温先生护送回宾馆吗
Yes, please, George. And stand guard for the night. Be vigilant.
是的 乔治 并且晚上站岗 保持警惕
Sir. Mr. Twain.
吐温先生
The fatal shot came from up here. It was an easy shot.
凶手在这射击的 很容易的一枪
Would've been like shooting fish in a barrel.
就像射中木桶里的鱼一样简单
He should have succeeded this time.
他这次本应该成功的
Yes. He should have.
对 他本该
I am prepared...
我准备好
to convince every single one of you.
说服你们当中的每个人
He should never have missed.
他绝不可能打偏的
Sir.
长官
What if Mr. Twain was never the intended target?
如果凶手的目标本来就不是吐温先生呢
The young lad. Benson.
那个小伙子 本森
He appears to be the only one unfortunate enough
他好像是唯一一个
to have been struck by a bullet.
不幸中弹的
Mr. Twain, why was Mr. Benson in your employ?
吐温先生 为什么本森先生会受雇于你
How do you mean?
你的意思是
Well, he was an employee at the Empire Club.
他曾是帝国俱乐部的雇员
He left that position to work with me.
离开职位为我工作
Forgive me for asking, but you mentioned you were broke.
恕我冒昧 但你之前提到你已经破产了
How could you afford to pay him?
你怎么有钱来雇用他呢
He agreed to work on commission.
他同意按照业绩提成来收取佣金
He would find me speaking engagements
他会在我进行演讲的时候看护我
and take a percentage.
然后从中抽取提成
Why would he leave a job
但他为什么会辞掉一份
at one of the finest clubs in the city
有稳定收入并且在城中
and give up a regular paycheque?
最好的俱乐部的工作
He would have made more with me.
他跟着我会赚得更多
He had already found me several engagements.
他已经跟着我去了好几次演讲活动了
We were to go to St. Louis
我们打算在今晚的演讲过后
after the speech tonight.
就启程去圣路易斯
That boy was a smooth operator.
那孩子可是个老练的行家
You had conversations with him.
你和他交流过那么多次
Did he have any enemies?
知不知道他有没有什么对头
The only thing he ever said to me was that his time
他只跟我说过 他在帝国俱乐部
with the Empire Club was short-lived.
待的时间不长
That it was time for him to move on. Why?
他觉得是时候放下了 为什么
I don't know.
我不知道
I'm sorry.
真是抱歉
Perhaps another visit to the Empire Club is in order.
也许我们应该再安排去一次帝国俱乐部
Then maybe we should send in our own smooth operator.
或许到那时我们也应该派自己的行家过去
You'll need to find out everything you can
你必须竭尽所能找出关于班森先生的
about Mr. Benson. Yes, sir.
所有信息 好的 先生
Um, what would you like to know exactly?
那你想要准确知道哪些消息呢
How about if anyone there
我们去查明当时在那里的人
would have been inclined to murder him.
是否有谋杀他的可能性怎么样
Oh, of course, sir.
当然那是必须的 先生
Um, I was wondering if I shouldn't bring a female companion?
我还在想我是不是应该带一个女搭档
It could provide an excellent cover... It's a men's club!
那会是一个绝妙的掩饰 那是男性俱乐部
Quite right.
您说得对
Damn shame. That it is.
太丢脸了 的确如此
But life goes on.
但生活还是要继续的
For some of us at least.
至少对我们中的某些人来说是这样
Barkeep.
酒保
Yes. What can I get for you?
在 我能为您做些什么
And you are?
你是谁
Samuel. Samuel Langhorne.
塞缪尔 塞缪尔·兰霍恩
I'm the new man.
我是新来的
Good to meet you, Samuel.
很高兴认识你 塞缪尔
Could you prepare me a gimlet?
能给我调一杯鸡尾酒吗
A gimlet. Yes, of course.
鸡尾酒 当然可以
Let's see if he prepares one as well as Bens.
看他是不是能调一杯和班森一样的鸡尾酒
A gimlet, um...
鸡尾酒 嗯...
Well, obviously he can't.
好吧 显然他不能
Do you prefer fresh limes, sir, or cordial?
先生您更喜欢鲜酸橙还是甜酒
Fresh, of course.
当然是鲜酸橙
Very good. You were having us on.
很好 不要让我们等太久
To Benson.
致班森
He was a good one.
他是个好人
You are speaking of the man I'm replacing, I assume?
我猜想你们在聊我来这里之前的那个酒保
We are indeed.
确实
But no one will ever replace Benson.
但没有人可以取代班森
Gentlemen, I assure you,
先生 您放心吧
I've tended bar in some of the...
我曾经在一些在各地
finest establishments in all the land.
享有盛名的酒吧工作过
I'm sure you mix a fine drink,
我可以确信你能调出一杯好酒
but Benson could do so much more.
但班森可以做得更多
You could always count on him. For a favour.
他是个可靠的人 可以寻求帮助
An alibi. A spot of female comfort.
帮找借口 或是找些风月场所
When he himself wasn't comforting females.
哪怕他自己都不寻欢作乐
Very good. I'm sometimes surprised
很棒 我有时候会惊讶于
he lasted here as long here as he did,
考虑到他那些恶作剧
considering some of his escapades.
在他走之前这个店铺竟还能开下去
Escapades? Hello, fellows.
恶作剧 大家好 伙计们
Ah, James. Come over here.
詹姆斯 快过来
We're having a bit of a wake for our dear departed.
我们正回忆一些我们亲爱的故友的往事
Sir, please allow me...
先生 请让我来
Thank you.
谢谢
Anything I can get for you, sir?
有什么能为您服务的吗 先生
Scotch and water.
苏格兰威士忌和水
Any brand you prefer? Scottish.
有什么品牌要求吗 苏格兰的就好
These escapades you were speaking of...
你们说的那些恶作剧是...
Well, far be it from me to gossip, but...
好吧 我可不想八卦 可是...
Good work, George. Thank you, sir.
干得好 乔治 谢谢 先生
Even if you weren't authorized to do so.
虽然你并未被允许这样做
Sir, I felt I needed to remind you
先生 我想我应该跟你说一句
that I'm capable of dealing with anything
我有能力来处理任何我遇到的问题
that's thrown at me. Despite my rank.
当然除了我的衔级
George, you're Constable Third Class in name only.
乔治 你只是名义上的三♥级♥警员
We all know that.
大家都知道
Why did you book Mr. Twain?
你为什么预约吐温先生来做演讲
He's a renowned humourist. A world traveler.
他是个有名的幽默家 世界旅行家
And an enemy of the British Empire.
以及大英帝国的敌人
I didn't know that.
我不知道这事
Mr. Eldridge,
埃尔德里奇先生
you may enjoy acting the fool, but don't play me for one.
也许你喜欢装傻 但在我面前可别这样
You knew all about Mr. Twain's reputation,
你对吐温先生的名声一清二楚
and you knew it would cause a stir. Thomas,
你也知道他能引起骚动 托马斯
I realize you must be upset, but I had no choice
我知道你很沮丧 但我别无选择
but to withdraw my offer of sponsorship.
只能放下我赞助商的身份
剧集 | 神探默多克(2008) | 导航列表