剧集 | 神探默多克(2008) | 导航列表
I concur.
我同意
But you'll soon see this place as British soil.
但不久你就会把这看做是英国的土地了
It does seem a most genteel environment.
这里的环境确实看起来挺高雅的
Take a look around, ask some questions.
看看周围 多问些问题
I believe some of our younger members may be around today.
我想今天一些年轻的会员就在边上
Thank you, sir.
谢谢 先生
It's a grand country, really. Once you get used to the bloody winters.
这是个庞大的国家 真的 只要你习惯了这该死的冬天
And the colonials. That takes some doing.
以及那些殖民地居民 那得花点功夫
I hear you had a rather infamous one of them in here recently.
我听说你们这儿最近来了位声名狼藉的人
A Mr. Twain.
一位吐温先生
That was Clarence Eldridge's doing.
那是克拉伦斯·埃尔德里奇的主意
The old man's dotty.
那个老头神志不清了
Didn't even know who he was.
连请来的人是谁都没搞清楚
But Mr. Wilson had that scoundrel out the door
但威尔逊先生将那个无赖赶了出去
with hardly a fare thee well. And lucky for him.
都没来得及告别 算他走运
I would have loved to introduce him to a proper pair of dukes.
不然我会很乐意把他介绍给几个公爵
Yes. I heard through the grapevine
对 我听到小道消息
that shots may have been fired.
那天发生枪击事件了
No one was hurt.
没有人受伤
Still, I imagine it would have made for a riotous evening.
即便如此 我觉得那晚肯定也不会太平
You've heard Mr. Twain is speaking this evening.
你听说吐温先生今晚要演讲了吗
Here? Here?
在这里 在这
A speech about allowing women the right to vote?
关于支持女性选举权的演讲
Mr. Wilson says that speech will occur
威尔逊先生说除非他死了
over his dead body.
不然演讲绝不可能举♥行♥
His or Mr. Twain's.
或者吐温先生死了
Really, they seem nothing more than a bunch of blowhards
不骗你 他们完全就是一群
with an appetite for port, sir.
喜欢喝波特酒的吹牛皮大王 长官
Although I did hear that some members of the Empire Club
但我还是打听到有些帝国俱乐部的成员
plan to disrupt Mr. Twain's speech. - Oh?
打算破坏吐温先生的演讲 - 哦
So, sir, I thought maybe I should go back,
所以 先生 我想我应该回去
investigate further, as it were.
作进一步的调查
Get back in uniform, Henry.
换回制♥服♥ 亨利
Sir.
长官
I could get used to this.
我能适应这个
Good for you, Henry.
好样的 亨利
Miss Lawrence is excited about the news
劳伦斯小姐听说我即将
that I am soon to be a member of the Empire Club. - Is that right?
加入帝国俱乐部十分激动 - 是这样吗
I assume her mother's health has taken a turn for the better.
我猜是因为她母亲的健康状况好转了
It has indeed.
的确如此
Did you question the rest of the investors
你按探长的要求
as the Detective asked? - Yes, I did.
审问了剩下的投资者们吗 是的 我审过了
In fact, here are my notes.
事实上 这是我做的笔记
Why don't you take credit for those as well?
你不如把这些也做了
Whatever do you mean, George?
乐意效劳 乔治
I would rather this didn't proceed.
我宁愿这场演讲不要进行下去
William, you sound like a phonograph that's become stuck.
威廉 你听起来就像卡带的留声机
Julia,
朱莉亚
I don't want you on the stage with him.
我不想让你和他一起上台
William, I'm going to be on stage. Doctor Ogden,
威廉 我要上台 奥格登医生
I agree with the Detective. Keep in mind,
我同意警探说的 你要知道
whoever's gunning for Mr. Twain does not seem to be a very good shot.
射杀吐温先生的人枪法不怎么准
Thank you very much, George.
谢谢你的提醒 乔治
You realize the Empire Club has half of the city up in arms.
你要知道帝国俱乐部煽动了半数人城里人竭力反对这件事
What a surprise.
真是令人惊讶
Any time anyone in Toronto suggests anything progressive,
只要有人在多伦多提倡任何进步活动
half the city is up in arms!
都有半数的人竭力反对
I'm just not sure it is necessary to have
我只是不确定让男人
a man advocating for our cause.
来为倡导我们的权利是否必要
You are a sour one. I am not.
你在嫉妒 我没有
I just believe we women are more than capable of stating our own case.
我只是相信女性完全能够说明我们自己的立场
We can state it all we want, but it makes no matter if no one is listening.
我们是能说清楚 但如果没人听也是无济于事
I suppose so... Did you just agree with me?
我想是的 你刚刚认同我了吗
I suppose I did. We are making progress.
我想是的 我们有进步了
What is happening here? Excuse me.
这儿发生了什么 不好意思
Let us pass.
让我们进去
Go home. No,
回家去 不
we shall not. Now let us pass. There will be no lecture tonight, I'm afraid.
我们不会 让我们过去 恐怕今晚不会有演讲了
Move out of our way, sir. Or I shall be forced to...
让开 要不然我就要
Hit me with your handbag?
用你的手提袋打我
Give it your best. Stand aside, Mr. Wilson.
尽力来打吧 请让开 威尔逊先生
Look at this rabble.
看看这些乌合之众
Send them home.
送他们回去
Did you not hear me?
你没听见吗
Send them home and call off this lecture.
送他们回去 取消这次演讲
Move out of our way.
让开
Oi, watch it! Do I need remind you what's at stake here?
小心 需要我提醒你这是谁的地盘吗
No, you don't. Now please clear out of the way, Mr. Wilson.
不 你不需要 现在请让开 威尔逊先生
If you and your friends want to attend the event,
如果你和你的朋友们想参加活动
buy a ticket like the rest of them.
像他们一样买♥♥票
If not, stop being a nuisance. You're not calling off this lecture?
如果你们不想 就别捣乱了 你不愿意取消这次演讲吗
You got wax in your ears? Move along,
你耳朵聋了吗 让开
otherwise you'll be spending a night in my cells. You, sir,
不然今晚你就得在我的牢房♥里过了 你 先生
have just made yourself a very dangerous enemy.
刚刚给你自己树立了一个相当危险的敌人
Oh, I've made worse.
我还有过更危险的
I hope you realize
我希望你知道
I am formally rescinding my sponsorship.
我正式撤回我的赞助
Oh, move along, Eldridge, you old codger!
走吧 埃尔德里奇 你这老怪物
Ladies...
女士们
Inspector. Thank you.
监察员 谢谢你
Wow...
哇
Mr. Twain,
吐温先生
perhaps this wasn't a good idea.
也许这不是个好注意
Perhaps I should tell them that you've taken ill.
但也许我该告诉他们你生病了
I can't do that.
我不能那样做
Look at that crowd.
看看那群人
William has often accused me of being impulsive.
威廉经常责备我太冲动
Perhaps he's right.
也许他是对的
Are you ready, Mr. Twain?
吐温先生 你准备好了吗
I certainly am.
当然
Keep your eyes open, George.
睁大你的眼睛 乔治
Ladies and gentlemen, it is my great honour
女士们先生们 很荣幸能向你们介绍
to introduce to you one of America's finest men of letters.
美国最优秀的作家之一
The author of The Adventures of Tom Sawyer,
汤姆索亚历险记
The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn,
哈克贝利芬历险记
and countless essays, both literary and scholarly.
和无数的文学性与学术散文的作者
Please welcome
让我们欢迎
Mr. Mark Twain.
马克吐温先生
Thank you, ladies. And gentlemen.
谢谢 女士们 先生们
Your welcome
你们的欢迎
is a lot warmer than the one I received earlier.
比之前的那次温暖多了
And a lot less dangerous.
而且安全多了
You know, when you have lived as long as I have,
你知道 当你活到了我这个岁数
you have the right to change your mind.
你就有权利去改变你的想法
And that's what I'm going to do here tonight.
这就是我今晚要做的事
I'm gonna change the minds of those of you
我要改变你们中那些
who believe that women should not have the right to vote.
认为女性不应该拥有选举权的人的想法
Let me read you something.
让我给你们念一段话
"I never want to see
"我从来不想看见
the women voting, and gabbling
女人们投票 多嘴多舌的谈论政♥治♥
about politics, and electioneering.
以及参加竞选
There is something revolting
这种想法
in the thought.
令人厌恶
Let your natural bosses
让你们天生的主宰者们
do the voting."
来行使选举的权利"
Those were my words.
这是我曾经的话
That's what I believed,
也是我曾经深信的事
until I met my wife, Olivia Langdon.
直到我遇见了我的妻子 奥利维亚·兰登
After that meeting,
在那次相遇之后
I came to believe that a woman
我开始相信
剧集 | 神探默多克(2008) | 导航列表