剧集 | 神探默多克(2008) | 导航列表
I found the perfect lot of land for our venture.
我为酒吧找的那片完美的土地吗
Well, I've just been informed
我刚刚才知道
that land has already been sold.
那个地方已经被卖♥♥掉了
What, did someone else have the same idea?
什么 有人和我们有一样的想法吗
It would appear so, sir.
有可能 先生
And the man who bought the property was Leopold Buck.
而且买♥♥这块地的人是利奥波德·巴克
The barman.
那个酒保
Looking to profit from prohibition.
企图在禁酒令中获利
Looks like the man who poured
看起来倒毒酒的人
the deadly drink now has a motive.
现在有了杀人动机
The facts are irrefutable, Mr. Buck.
事实是不可反驳的 巴克先生
You knew of Councilman Slauson's drinking habits.
你知道史劳森议员的喝酒习惯
You had access to the gin bottle
不管下毒之前还是之后
both before and after the poisoning.
你都能够接触到那个杜松子酒瓶
You are the only person who could have killed him.
你是唯一一个 能够杀了他的人
That's ridiculous.
这太荒谬了
Why would I kill one of my best customers?
我为什么要杀了我最好的顾客之一
You were banking on the Junction going dry
你希望三角区禁酒
so that you could open a new bar just across the town line.
这样你就能在镇外开一间新酒吧
The Reverend and I set up some bar fights
教士和我组织的这些酒吧打斗事件
to gain favour for temperance.
是为了赢得人们对禁酒的支持
What does that have to do with Councilman Slauson?
这些怎么会和史劳森议员的死有关系
He stood in the way of prohibition.
他阻碍了你们推行禁酒令
We were working to convince him, not to kill him.
我们在努力说服他 而不是杀了他
You had just purchased the property.
你已经买♥♥好了地方
You needed Councilman Slauson
你想要尽快摆脱
out of the way as soon as possible.
史劳森议员的阻碍
No... I didn't kill him. I didn't...
不 我没有杀他 我没有
You can deny it all you want, Mr. Buck.
随便你怎么否认 巴克先生
But you were the only person who could have
但只有你能够在那个杜松子酒瓶里下毒
poisoned that gin bottle and rinsed it out.
之后再把瓶子冲洗干净
I didn't kill him.
我没有杀他
Murder to clear the way for a business venture...
用杀人来解决生意上的风险...
Men have killed for much less.
更何况人已经被杀了
Leopold Buck is the only person
只有利奥波德·巴克
who could have possibly committed the crime.
有可能实施这起犯罪
Right. I'd best get on.
没错 我该走了
Got to give John a slap on the wrist.
去给约翰一点处罚
He stole my whiskey.
他偷喝了我的威士忌酒
I'd imagine Margaret would be calling for
我想玛格利特应该会要求
more than a slap on the wrist.
更严厉的处罚他
She is. But you can't keep
她的确会 但你没有办法
a Brackenreid from his whiskey.
阻止布拉肯里德家的人喝威士忌
Inspector
警长
forgive me if this is not my place to say
请原谅我 这本不该是我该说的话 但是
but... I've met John. If he's drinking whiskey, it could
但是 我见过约翰 他现在喝威士忌
be that he's just trying to be more like his father.
可能只是为了想要变得更像你
What's wrong with that?
这有什么不对吗
I've been drinking for over 30 years with no ill effect.
我已经喝了三十多年的酒了 对我没有任何不良影响
Drinking may work for you,
或许你喝酒没事
but it doesn't agree with everyone.
但它不是适合每一个人
My father, for example.
比如 我的父亲
He looks up to you, Inspector.
警长 他尊敬你
You can either condone his behaviour
你可以原谅他的行为
or you can put a stop to it.
但你也可以阻止他
I'll speak to him. Mind you,
我会他好好谈谈的 提醒你
if he's gonna keep on drinking, he's got a lot to learn.
如果他还想喝酒 那他该学的还多着呢
When I was his age
我像他这么大的时候
I knew how to nip my father's scotch.
已经会品我父亲的苏格兰威士忌了
By the time John had finished with it
在那个时候 约翰已经喝完整瓶酒了
the bottle was virtually all water.
瓶子里事实上全是水
Poured myself a drink and nearly spat it across the room.
给我自己倒了一杯酒 喝完吐的整个房♥间都是
Water?
水
Sir.
长官
What if Mr. Slauson's drink was neither gin nor poison?
或许史劳森先生喝的不是杜松子酒也不是毒酒
What are you thinking?
你是怎么想的
Mr. Slauson was disgusted by his drink.
史劳森先生当时很厌恶他的酒
But it could easily have been...
但那很有可能是...
Water.
水
An unpleasant surprise when
他想要喝的是一杯烈酒
you're expecting a stiff drink.
却是发生了意外的不快
The killer replaced Mr. Slauson's gin
为了防止史劳森先生喝下解毒剂
with water to prevent him from drinking the antidote.
凶手把史劳森先生的杜松子酒换成了水
But the poison itself could have been administered earlier.
他之前可能已经喝下了毒酒
Bloody clever.
太聪明了
That means the bartender is no longer our prime suspect.
这意味着酒保不再是我们的主要嫌疑人了
If the bottle already contained water,
如果酒瓶里面已经有水
it didn't need to be rinsed after the brawl.
那就没有必要在打斗之后再冲洗了
Exactly. One of the two men who
没错 凶手在挑起事端的两个人中
started the bar brawl could be the killer.
他们俩中有一人
Either of them could have substituted the gin for water
在下午早些时候把杜松子酒换成了水
earlier that afternoon. But the real question is,
但是真正的问题是
did either of them have opportunity
他们俩谁有机会
to poison Mr. Slauson before his arrival at the hotel?
在史劳森先生到达旅馆之前下毒
They were both at the meeting with Reverend Shore
他们俩当时都在和肖尔教士一起开会
and at the Peacock thereafter.
之后又都在孔雀旅馆
They could have walked him door to door.
他们本来可以和他一起走过去的
Mr. Cutter.
卡特先生
Please tell me again
请再叙述一遍
what happened the night of Mr. Slauson's death.
史劳森先生死的那晚发生了什么
I went to the meeting at the Reverend's.
我去参加了教士的会议
And then after, Liam Bertrand and I went to
之后 利亚姆·伯特兰和我去了孔雀旅馆
the Peacock and started a fight.
在那里我们打了起来
After you left Reverend Shore's,did you and
你和伯特兰先生从肖尔教士那里离开
Mr. Bertrand proceed directly to the Peacock Hotel?
之后是不是直接去了孔雀旅馆
Yes. But, not together.
是的 我们去了 但没有一起
I went straight away.
我直接就去了
Liam followed a few minutes after.
利亚姆之后跟过来
I stayed behind to speak to the Reverend.
我留了下来和教士说些事
What about?
关于什么
To inform him the plan was set
告诉他我们已经计划好了
and the fight would happen as expected.
打斗会按照计划进行
Why did Mr. Cutter not wait for you?
为什么卡特先生没有等你
You were both headed to the same place.
你们要去的是同一个地方
We wanted to enter the hotel separately, as strangers,
但我们想分开进入酒吧 假装陌生人一样
so as to make the fight more convincing.
这样能让争斗看起来更真实
Did you see Councilman Slauson at any point
在会议结束之后 你有没有
after the conclusion of the meeting?
在哪里见过史劳森议员
Briefly, yes.
简单的来说 是的
The Reverend asked to have one last word with him.
牧师让他留下 他们还有些话要说
How long after you arrived at the Peacock Hotel
在你到孔雀酒吧之后多久
did Councilman Slauson get there?
史劳森议员才到那里
15 minutes, maybe?
十五分钟吧 差不多
I arrived first
我第一个到那个
and then Liam arrived about 10 minutes after.
然后十分钟之后利亚姆来了
He just had time to down one drink
他才喝了一杯酒
and then Slauson came in.
之后史劳森就进来了 一杯酒
A drink?I thought you only pretended to drink.
我以为你们俩只是假装要喝酒
I was pretending. Liam was drinking.
我的确是在假装 但利亚姆在喝酒
But he is a temperancer.
但是他是戒酒的人
Oh, I am most certainly
我大多数时间都是个戒酒的人
a temperancer. I only drank that night
只是在那个晚上喝了酒
because we had to make the fight look real.
因为我们必须让打斗看起来真实
I knew Charlie Cutter wouldn't have more than a sip of lager,
我知道查理·卡特连啤酒都不会喝一口
so it was left to me to make sure
所以不得不让我来喝酒 为了防止
no one suspected it was a put-on.
别人怀疑我们的打斗是个骗局
Ah. So you only drink when you're
所以你只在需要假装时喝酒
putting on a show, as it were.
就像那天晚上那样
Well.
好吧
I may have struggled with the vice on occasion.
我有时可能会与喝酒的恶习作斗争
剧集 | 神探默多克(2008) | 导航列表