剧集 | 神探默多克(2008) | 导航列表
But it wasn't gin, it was poison. It had to be.
但那不是杜松子酒 是毒药 一定是的
We also know that Mr. Slauson was a heavy drinker,
我们也知道史劳森先生有很重的酒瘾
hardly in the habit of having just one drink and
他决不会一晚上喝一杯
calling it a night.
就完事儿了
If he had stayed at the hotel, he would surely have took
如果他待在了旅馆 他一定会接着喝
another drink. Who wouldn't?
是人都会这样
The first drink polished off the bottle... pure poison.
他草草喝完的第一瓶... 是纯毒药
Had he had time to have a second drink,
如果他有时间喝第二杯
it likely would have come from a brand new bottle...
那一定是从崭新的酒瓶里倒出来的
Pure gin. And the real stuff
纯纯的杜松子酒 真正的酒精
would have counteracted the poison. Indeed.
就会中和毒性 没错
For the poison to take effect, he had to be prevented
要想毒性发作 就必须阻止他
from taking that second drink.
喝下第二瓶
The bar fight. You think it was staged
所以才发生了酒吧斗殴 你认为这是设计好
to stop Slauson from taking another drink?
为了阻止史劳森先生喝下第二瓶酒的吗
Well sir, he likely wouldn't have died
长官 如果酒吧斗殴没有发生
if the bar fight hadn't happened.
他可能就不会死了
It played a crucial part in his murder.
这场斗殴对他的死有着至关重要的影响
Then the two drunks who fought with Slauson
那么那两个和史劳森打架的人
could be our killers after all.
很有可能就是我们要找的凶手
Sir? No bicycles?
长官 不骑车吗
I think it's time to
我想是时候
get back to a more civilized mode of transport, Murdoch.
用回更先进的交通方式了 默多克
Very sensible.
有道理
When we get there, we'll split up.
等到了那儿 我们就分头行动
I'll take Cutter's place, you go after Bertrand.
我去卡特那 你去伯特兰那
Yes, sir.
是 长官
Sir! Sir. I have a business proposition.
长官 长官 我有一个业务提议
Make it quick, Crabtree. Sir.
快说 克拉布特里 长官
If the Junction were to go dry,
如果三角区禁酒了
where would people go for a drink?
人们要去哪里买♥♥酒
I believe the idea is for them not to drink, George.
我觉得那就别喝酒了 乔治
Prohibit drinking?
不让喝酒了吗
No law can get between a man and his drink, Murdoch.
没有什么能阻止一个人喝酒 默多克
Precisely, sir. They would just go down the road
说得对 长官 他们就会沿着街
to the next bar. So what if someone were to open a bar
走到下一家酒吧 那么如果有人在
just down the road from the Junction?
在三角区的路边开了一家酒吧会怎么样呢
That someone would make a killing.
那这个人就发财了
Every drunkard in that part of town would start drinking there.
镇上的酒鬼都会去那儿喝酒
Sir, I've found the perfect plot of land for sale,
长官 我已经找到了那个待售地
just across the town line.
就在小镇边界对面
I have to admit, that's a clever enterprise.
我必须承认 这真是桩好生意
Thank you, sir. Your investment would be welcome also.
谢谢 长官 欢迎投资哟
Oh. Well, I... Now hang on, I thought this
噢 好吧 我... 慢着
was my deal. I'll tell you what, Crabtree.
这不是我的主意吗 我告诉你 克拉布特里
You keep my name out of it and I'll match your investment.
我支持你的但你别把我牵扯进去
Just make sure the wife doesn't hear about it.
别让我老婆知道就行
Sir.
遵命
Good afternoon, Detective. Mrs. Slauson.
下午好 探长 史劳森夫人
I'm afraid Mr. Bertrand left early this morning
伯特兰先生一大早就出门了
and hasn't returned.
到现在还没回
Oh, I see. Thank you.
这样啊 谢谢
Fine day, isn't it? Indeed it is.
天气真好 是吧 确实是
Cutter wasn't home, Murdoch.
卡特不在家 默多克
Apparently Mr. Bertrand isn't either.
显然伯特兰也不在
Ah, well, not a problem.
好吧 没事儿
I know where to find a couple of drunks
我知道在这样一个艳阳天
on a sunny afternoon.
上哪儿找那两个酒鬼
In the name of the Lord, we shall destroy these
以上帝之名 我们一定要消灭
dens of immorality!
此等败类
We shall deliver them
我们要将他们置于
to the same defilement and devastation
同样的污秽荒芜之地
to which they have delivered so many souls!
正如他们给那些灵魂带去的苦难一样
LOCAL OPTION! LOCAL OPTION!
禁酒 禁酒
I knew the one man, yes. Liam Bertrand.
我认识这个人 没错 就是利亚姆·伯特兰
And what of the man he was fighting with? Charles Cutter.
那你认识和他打架的那个人吗 查尔斯·卡特
I can't say I'd ever seen him before.
我想我不认识
Have they been in today for a drink?
今天他们来喝过酒吗
No, neither man's been in since the brawl.
没有 自从那次打架之后他们俩都没来过
LOCAL OPTION! LOCAL OPTION! LOCAL OPTION! LOCAL OPTION!
禁酒 禁酒 禁酒 禁酒
LOCAL OPTION!
禁酒
LOCAL OPTION! Clear the way!
禁酒 扫除障碍
Vice! Sin!
恶行 罪孽
Despicable iniquity! What is this?
卑鄙邪恶 这是在干嘛
What are you doing? Stop!
你在干什么 住手
No! Are you out of your mind? That's enough!
不 你疯了吗 够了
You've made... you've made your point!
我们已经...知道你想表达什么了
How dare you!
好大的胆子
Shut it. Ladies!
闭嘴 女士们
Let go of me! Ladies, ladies.
放开我 女士们 女士们
Well, I never!
我绝不
Long live temperance! Margaret! Dammit, woman!
禁酒万岁 玛格丽特 该死的娘们
Get your hands off me!
你快放开我
Sir! Look, it's them.
长官 看 是他们俩
The drunks we're looking for?
是我们要找的那两个醉汉吗
Cutter and Bertrand. What are they doing with this lot?
卡特和伯特兰 他们俩在这儿干嘛
Perhaps they aren't drunks after all.
或许他们压根就不是酒鬼
Excuse me, gentlemen,
打扰一下 先生们
but you're going to be coming with us.
你们得跟我们去趟警局
Right then. Margaret. Ladies.
好吧 玛格丽特 女士们
Home time.
可以回家了
Thank you, Thomas. Ah, ah.
谢谢你 托马斯 等等
Not you. You let me out of here this instant.
你不能走 马上放我出去
You destroyed a man's place of business.
你毁了别人做生意的地方
That is a crime, Mrs. Nation.
这是犯罪 内申夫人
The purveyors of vice and sin are the ones guilty of crimes.
堕落和罪恶的人才是真正的罪犯
Do you know what's funny? What?
你知道好笑的是什么吗 什么
I'm the police inspector.
我是警局局长
I get to choose what crimes we arrest people for.
我来决定要以什么罪名抓人
Come on, Margaret.
来吧 玛格利特
Let's go and have a drink.
我们去喝一杯
You can't just leave her here.
你不能就这样把她关在这儿
Are you defending her?
你在替她说话吗
Things may have gotten out of hand, but we meant well.
事情可能有点失控 但我们本意是好的
She took an axe to a man's bar.
她可是带了把斧头到酒吧
She is our houseguest, Thomas.
她是我们的客人 托马斯
Oh, Lord, give me strength.
哦 天呐 赐予我力量
It would appear that you are a supporter
很明显 你是支持
of the temperance movement. Mr. Cutter.
禁酒运动的 卡特先生
Did I ever claim otherwise?
我之前否定过吗
You and Mr. Bertrand were just in a bar.
你和伯特兰先生当时正在一个酒吧
How do you explain that? I wasn't drinking.
你怎么解释 我当时没在喝酒
Then why were you there? To start a fight.
那你去那干嘛 去打架
You explicitly intended to start the fight?
难道你专门去打一架
It was part of a plan to further our cause.
这我们计划中实现目标的一步
And that plan involved the death of Councilman Slauson.
那个计划与议员史劳森之死有关是吗
No, of course not.
不 当然不是
If the fight wasn't intended to cause his death,
如果这场斗争不是为了让他死
then why start it? - Public opinion is everything
那是为了什么 禁酒运动中
in the campaign for temperance, Detective.
民众的意见很重要啊 侦探
If fights break out in bars, people blame liquor.
如果在酒吧发生打斗 人们就会怪罪于酒
Thus engendering support for your cause.
进而能够支持你
It is a victimless crime. We're helping people.
反正也没受害者 我们是在帮助民众
Was this the first time you've staged a brawl?
这是你第一次挑起事端吗
No. We've been asked to do it a number of times.
不是 已经多次有人要我们这么做了
Asked by whom? Reverend Shore.
谁要求你们的 肖尔教士
It was his idea.
是他的主意
George,
乔治
what do we know of Reverend Shore's whereabouts that day?
肖尔教士当日的行踪我们有什么了解
Well, prior to meeting Mr. Slauson,
见史劳森先生之前
剧集 | 神探默多克(2008) | 导航列表