剧集 | 神探默多克(2008) | 导航列表
result in respiratory arrest. But we know
但我们知道
the culprit is not an inorganic poison
罪魁祸首不是无机毒物
because that would have resulted in evidence in the body.
因为那样的话会在尸体里留下迹象
The general test for alkaloids was positive.
植物碱的试验结果是阳性
Opium is an alkaloid,
鸦♥片♥就是植物碱
which could explain that result. But given the lack
这倒是解释了实验结果
of other symptoms in the body, we can assume
不过在尸体缺少其他症状的条件下
the poison is an alkaloid as well.
我们可以推断毒物也是植物碱
So we are looking for a plant?
所以说我们要找一种植物
At least to start, yes.
是的 至少我们可以从这点下手
Mr. Sutton died between the time he lit that pipe
从点燃烟枪到被发现死亡
and when he was discovered one hour later, dead.
萨顿先生的死亡时间就在这之间的一个小时
Then it is extremely fast-acting.
那就是快速作用的毒
so we can eliminate strychnine.
那我们就可以排除马钱子碱
Hemlock is still an option. Belladonna?
保留毒堇的可能性 颠茄草呢
His pupils were constricted rather than dilated.
他瞳孔没有放大反倒缩小
But... don't opiates constrict pupils?
但... 鸦♥片♥会使瞳孔收缩不是吗
Yes. It is possible that one could mask the other.
是的 有可能一种毒素会掩盖其他迹像
Let's leave it on the list.
先留着吧
Not cyanide, either.
也不是氰化物
All in a day's work, Miss James.
这是一天的结果 詹姆斯小姐
Pathology requires patience.
病理学需要耐心
We are out of plants that cause respiratory paralysis
导致呼吸麻♥痹♥的♥植物我们都排除了
and... our poisoned opium residue is almost gone.
而且残留的鸦♥片♥也快用完了
Perhaps our alkaloid positive
也许阳性的植物碱
was a result of the opium after all.
就是鸦♥片♥导致的某种结果
We haven't considered poisons from an animal source.
我们还没有考虑动物来源的毒物
Don't they use animals in Chinese medicine all the time?
中医里面不是一直有使用动物吗
They do. And I know little of their toxicity.
的确 而且我不大了解它们的毒性
Perhaps an afternoon excursion is in order.
看来我们下午有得忙活了
Yes, I sell many animal parts,
是啊 我贩一些卖♥♥动物器官
but... not to kill!
但不是为了杀人
I know it's not your intention to kill anyone.
我知道你没想杀人
But you must know of a substance that could be fatal.
但你一定了解一些致命物质
Yes, many plants, puffer fish.
是的 许多植物 河豚
Puffer fish?
河豚吗
The flesh is only safe if removed properly.
河豚肉处理得好就不会有事
What if it isn't removed properly?
要是没处理好呢
Then you stop breathing... almost right away.
那你几乎立马就会停止呼吸了
Puffer fish. That could be our poison.
河豚 我们要找的毒物可能是这种
Gregory Cummings was angry at Byron Sutton
格雷戈里·卡明斯对拜伦·萨顿很生气
for winning the China trip over him.
因为拜伦赢得了中国之旅
Angry enough to kill over? Sir, you haven't met
气到要杀人吗 先生 你是没见过
Mr. Cummings. Susan Trent was heartbroken.
卡明斯 苏珊·特伦特伤心欲绝
Her brother, Matthew Trent, blamed the victim
她哥哥马修·特伦特 责怪受害者
for ruining his sister. Also a motive.
毁了他妹妹 也是个动机
What about the Chinese wife?
那个中国妻子呢
Ling Lawrence had a knowledge of poisons,
琳·劳伦斯精通毒药
certainly had opportunity and she seemed...
也有机会 然而对于她丈夫对死者表现出的感情
unhappy her husband was showing affection
表现出的感情 她看起来
toward the deceased.
并不开心
So everyone with the opportunity to poison
所以每个有机会给烟枪下毒的人
Sutton's pipe also had a motive.
都有动机
With one notable exception.
除了一个
Professor Lawrence.
劳伦斯教授
Well, that eliminates one suspect.
好吧 排除了一位嫌疑人
George, were you able to extract fingermarks
乔治 你能从烟枪上
from the pipe itself? Sir, several, in fact.
提取指纹吗 有好几个 先生
Right, then. We'll need to obtain fingermarks from all
好 我们得从所有嫌疑人那里
of the suspects. Perhaps we can place the pipe
获取指纹 或许这把烟枪还经过了
in someone else's hands. Sir.
其他人之手 先生
Inspector. Detective.
警长 侦探
Dr. Sutton. How may we help you?
萨顿医生 有什么需要帮助的吗
Am I to conclude...
我是不是能断定
the professor is not a suspect in your investigation?
经过你们的调查 教授不是嫌疑人
We are pursuing all avenues at the moment.
我们现在在寻查一切途径
There is only one avenue:
只有一种途径
Professor Lawrence murdered my boy. I know it.
劳伦斯教授谋杀了我儿子 我知道是他
I'm afraid your certainty isn't quite enough, Dr. Sutton.
恐怕还不够确定 萨顿医生
This letter arrived for Byron today.
我今天收到了这封给拜伦的信
I thought you might want to see it.
我想你们会想看看
It's written in Chinese.
是用中文写的
Sir, I have a translation.
先生 翻译好了
" My dear Golden Dragon.
" 吾君金龙 见字如晤
I fear for your safety. The Earth Dragon
深惧汝身 土龙疑妾
asks your Water Goat questions. I cannot answer truthfully
妾心感感情意曝光
or our love will be exposed. Soon we will meet
罂粟缠绵 春光旖旎
by the poppy field and spend all our days in sweet embrace
花香绕指 依依君之怀 "
among the fragrant blossoms." And the rest, sir,
先生 其他的部分
is of a rather intimate nature.
就都是谈情说爱了
That will suffice, George,
这些就够了 乔治
thank you. Well then,
谢谢 那么
we can assume that the Golden Dragon is Byron Sutton,
我们可以推测金龙是拜伦·萨顿
given the letter was addressed to him.
因为信是给他的
Sir, Mr. Sutton IS a Golden Dragon.
先生 萨顿先生就是金龙
That's his Chinese astrological sign.
那是他的五行元素
How did you come to that conclusion?
你怎么得出的结论
The translator told me, sir. I then took all the other
翻译的人告诉我的 先生 我还查了
astrological signs and checked them against the birth years
嫌疑人们的生日 对照了五行之术
of our suspects. Are you are able to identify
然后你就能判断
others mentioned in the letter. I was, sir.
信里面提到的其他人了 是的
The Earth Dragon is Professor Lawrence.
土龙是劳伦斯教授
And the letter writer, the... Water Goat?
那写信的人呢 这个" 妾身 "
We have two water goats, sir. One is Susan Trent...
有两位" 妾身 " 苏珊·特伦特...
And the other? Ling Lawrence.
还有呢 琳·劳伦斯
Yes.
是的
This is my letter. You were having
这是我写的信 你和
an illicit affair with Byron Sutton.
拜伦·萨顿有私情
Byron and I were in love...
拜伦和我相恋
for many months.
好几个月
I persuaded my husband to give Byron the scholarship.
我说服了我的丈夫把奖学金给拜伦
So you could escape with him to China.
这样你就可以和他私奔到中国
It was all planned.
一切本来都已经计划好了
We would leave Aldous in Shanghai
我们准备把奥尔德斯留在上海
and buy some land up the Yangtze.
然后在长江边上买♥♥几块地
But your husband found out.
但是你的丈夫发觉了你们的私情
It must be so.
肯定是
My husband killed Byron.
是我丈夫杀了拜伦
He is dead because of me.
他是因我而死的
My wife carrying on with my favourite student.
我的妻子和我最喜欢的学生有奸♥情♥
I feel like such a fool.
我觉得自己就像个傻子
You had no inkling that there was something between them?
你之前一点都不知情吗
Only friendship.
我以为只是友谊
She never wrote such intimacies to me.
她从来没给我写过这么亲昵的话语
George? Sir,
乔治 先生
I can't find anything connecting him to the crime,
我找不到任何他与这起犯罪有关的证据
but I've yet to check this locked cabinet.
但我还没有检查这个带锁的橱柜
Professor, do you have the key to this cabinet?
教授 你有这个橱柜的钥匙吗
Of course.
当然
But you're only going to find my personal papers.
但是里面只有我自己的论文
And what might this be?
这是什么
Puffer fish?
河豚
What is that doing in there?
这东西怎么会在那里
At the moment it's proving your guilt.
现在它证明了你的罪行
Professor Lawrence,
劳伦斯教授
you are under arrest for the murder of Byron Sutton.
你将因涉嫌谋杀拜伦·萨顿被逮捕
Nary a smudge, sir.
一点痕迹都没有 先生
That's unfortunate.
真倒霉
Sir, why would Professor Lawrence
先生 如果是劳伦斯教授
wipe his fingermarks
把这瓶毒药放进他自己的柜子里的
剧集 | 神探默多克(2008) | 导航列表