剧集 | 西镇警魂(2012) | 导航列表
Tell me about James Notley.
那人麻烦透顶
That man was a pain in my ass.
他把怀俄明州的恐龙骨走私
He smuggled dinosaur bones out of the state of Wyoming
卖♥♥往海外
and sold them overseas.
所以说 他是讨厌的贩子
Ergo, he was a rank opportunist
是科学发展的障碍
and a speed bump on the road to scientific progress.
那这个障碍是如何
So, how does a speed bump manage to
在你眼皮底下走私恐龙骨的呢
smuggle dinosaur bones out from under your nose?
1989年夏天 大学挖出了
In the summer of 1989, the university dug up
一只三角恐龙的完整骨架
a complete skeleton of a Triceratops.
价值八十万美元
It was valued at $800,000.
诺特利等到他们装箱后
And Notley waited until they crate the thing up.
出现在大学
Shows up at the university,
用枪逼着几个研究生把箱子装进一辆厢式货车里
forced some grad student at gunpoint to load the crates into a van.
一周后 我让他乖乖认罪了
About a week later, I get him to confess.
靠剁他的手指吗
By cutting that off?
靠戳穿那王八蛋的不在场证明 大侄子
By busting the bastard's alibi, nephew!
再说 上周我见他时 他还手指健全呢
Anyway, he had all his fingers when I saw him last week.
我清楚记得 他两根中指尤其健康强壮
As I recall, the two middle ones seemed particularly healthy and robust.
为什么要去探访 为了怀旧吗
Why the visit? Nostalgia?
为了钱
Money.
我逮住诺特利的时候 化石已经卸货了
By the time I'd arrested Notley, he had already unloaded them fossils,
但他卖♥♥出去的钱 却怎么也找不到
but there was no sign of the cash he made off of 'em.
我知道他藏在某个地方了
And I knew he'd stash it someplace.
就提议跟他平分
I just offered to go 50/50.
平分八十万
The 800 grand?
不是
No.
平分赏金
On the finder's fee.
我跟诺特利说了 找到钱的人能拿到
And as I told Notley, a finder can command up to, I don't know,
失踪金额的50%作为奖励
50% of any missing money he finds.
詹姆斯干嘛要把50%的一半分给你
Why would James want to give you half of 50%?
因为他知道我要么找到钱
Because he knew I'd either find the money
要么找到他带着钱 人脏并获
or find him with the money.
不管哪种情况 他都妥妥地完蛋
And either way, he'd be screwed as a cat in a dog pound.
人家管这叫做勒索
Some people would call that blackmail.
"人家"不爽就来咬我啊
And some people can kiss my once-magnificent rump.
那他为什么要寄来那只手指
So, why'd he send the finger?
我不知道
I don't know.
当作纪念品
As a souvenir?
纪念什么
From what?
纪念那晚的抢劫
Night of the robbery.
是你啊
There you are.
把手放在我能看到的地方
Keep your hands where I can see them.
我以为我只是超速罢了 警官
I thought I was doing the speed limit, Deputy.
你告诉我你在费城
You told me you were in Philadelphia.
是
Yes, I did.
注意点
Careful.
我说我在费城 是因为我怕
I said I was in Philly because I was afraid
你知道我在这儿 情况就会变成这样
something like this might happen if you knew I was here.
坦白说 莫雷蒂 上次我们见面时
Honestly, Moretti, the last time we met,
你吓到我了
you creeped me out.
我又没闯进你的车里
It's not like I broke into your car.
你没事吧 你好像有点妄想偏执
You okay? You seem a little paranoid.
你在杜兰特干什么 埃德
What are you doing in Durant, Ed?
这个地方啊
Something about this place.
有故事啊
A lot to live for here.
而且 我非常确定自己想去哪儿就去哪儿
Besides, I'm pretty sure I can go absolutely anywhere I want to.
你确定没事吗 你好像紧张得要命
Are you sure you're okay? You seem a little tightly wound.
这是被人跟踪的正常反应
That is a natural reaction to being stalked!
真有意思 看起来是你在跟踪我啊
That's funny, because it feels like you're stalking me.
你怎么知道 我在这儿呢
I mean, how did you, uh, know where to find me, huh?
跟踪定位我的手♥机♥吗
Triangulate my cellphone?
没错
You did.
好吧
Okay.
有些话真是不说不行了
There's no easy way to say this,
我希望你不要再跟我联♥系♥了
but I don't want you to contact me again.
你让我感觉很不舒服
You're making me feel uncomfortable.
坦白点说 我深感被骚扰了
And, quite frankly, pretty violated.
祝你愉快
Have a nice day.
不 抱歉 不行
Nope, sorry. No.
会议时间已过
Conference hours are over.
托尼·莫尔滕教授
Professor Tony Moten?
我想跟你谈谈詹姆斯·诺特利
I'd like to talk to you about James Notley.
当时刚过凌晨两点
It was after 2:00 A.M.,
下午早些时候我们把三角恐龙搬了进来
and we had brought the Triceratops in earlier that afternoon.
我当时身为博士研究生
And as a doctoral candidate,
职责是分类录入椎骨
it was my job to sort and catalogue the vertebrae.
詹姆斯·诺特利是怎么进来的
How did James Notley get in?
我开的门
I opened the door.
为什么
Why?
他敲门了
He knocked.
然后呢
What happened then?
这都是二十四年前的事了
Look, this was 24 years ago,
我用了这么久的时间想要忘记
and it's taken me just about as long to get over it.
你为什么又要旧事重提一遍呢
Why are you asking me to do this all over again?
詹姆斯·诺特利还有一周就要从州立监狱被释放了
James Notley is due to be released from the state prison in about a week.
你认为他仍把自己的被捕归罪于我吗
You think he still blames me for his arrest?
难说
That's hard to tell.
我打开门 一个带着滑雪面具的人出现
I opened the door. A guy in a ski mask comes out.
他拿枪指着我的脸
He's got his gun in my face.
他说 他一定会带着骨头离开
He tells me that he's gonna take bones with him,
我的骨头 或者恐龙骨头
whether they're mine or the dinosaur's.
由我决定
It's up to me to decide.
我试图阻止他 然后
I tried to stall him. The next thing I know,
他就把我的胳膊按在桌子这儿
he's got my arm pinned to this table here.
拿出一把折刀 剁下了我的手指
He pulls out a pocketknife, and he cuts off my finger.
他试了三次才真正剁了下来
It took him three times to get it all the way off!
有人跟他一起吗
Did he have anyone else with him?
我没看见
Not that I saw, no.
你问詹姆斯·诺特利是否仍把自己的被捕归罪于你
You asked if James Notley still blamed you for his arrest.
为什么
Why?
我向警长描述了他那把折刀的样子
I described the pocketknife that he had to the sheriff,
我想他最后是因此被定罪的
and I think that's what got him convicted.
他把你手指怎么处理了
So, what'd he do with your finger?
我不知道 我当时一心只想着活命
I don't know. I was just focused on trying to survive.
还真是巧
It's pretty convenient
詹姆斯就在他们把骨架放入的当天实施抢劫
that James robbed them on the same day they brought in the skeleton.
莫尔滕博士可能是詹姆斯的内线
Dr. Moten might have been James' inside man.
如果他是内线 就是说他切掉了自己的手指以掩人耳目
If he was, means he had his own finger cut off for cover.
也许值得啊
Might've been worth it.
我叔叔说那骨架值八十万
My Uncle said that skeleton was worth 800 grand.
两人平分 我看值一根手指
Split that two ways, I'd say it's still worth a finger.
如果搭档在监狱被杀
And if your partner gets murdered in prison,
就完全可以不用平分了
you wouldn't have to share the money at all.
可能这就是詹姆斯把手指寄来的原因
Maybe that's why James had the finger sent in...
来"指"证他的搭档
To point the finger at his partner.
"指"证 这是双关笑话呢
"Point the finger." That was a joke.
我知道
I know it was.
现在有什么收获了
So, what do we have?
一块污垢 或者一块局部指纹
A smudge or a partial print.
莫尔滕博士的指纹有没有存档
Are Dr. Moten's, uh, prints on file?
有
Yeah.
五年前他因酒驾被记录在案 所以有
He was booked on a D.U.I. five years ago, so, yeah.
不过只有九枚指纹
But just nine prints.
所以 这有可能是莫尔滕的手指
So, that could be Moten's finger.
是 也完全有可能是其他人的
Yeah, or someone else's entirely.
我知道我叔叔说过
I know my Uncle said
上次他见到詹姆斯·诺特利时 他手指一根没少
James Notley had all his fingers when he saw him,
不过卢西恩说起话来
but Lucian and the truth...
真真假假 假假真真
they have sort of an on-and-off-again relationship.
那好吧 弗格
剧集 | 西镇警魂(2012) | 导航列表