爱德华 你知不知道你应聘的工作
Edward, you do realise that the job that you're applying for,
白金汉勋爵的侍从
Steward to Lord Buckingham,
肩负很大的责任
is a very responsible one,
需要值得信任的人
one that requires complete trust?
那您可找对人了
Well, you're all right there, then,
我完全值得你们信任
cos I am completely trustworthy.
你从不说谎
You're in no way a liar?
当然 您怎么会那么想
No. What makes you think that?
你脸上的字母P
The "P" on your face.
其实 这是胎记
Well, actually, it's just a birthmark.
原来如此 可是额头上烙个P字
I see. It's just having a "P" branded on your forehead
是都铎时代对作伪证者的惩罚
is a well-known Tudor punishment for being a perjurer.
也就是曾在法庭上说谎的人
Somebody who lied in court.
真实的都铎惩罚
没错
Right.
但您不用担心 我这只是胎记
Well, you're all right, cos as I say, it's just a birthmark.
可是看上去很像是用烙铁烙在
It's just, it looks very much like a scar left by a branding iron
说谎者额头上的
on the forehead of a liar.
好吧 我承认 这是烙铁烙的
No, I admit, it was caused by a branding iron.
爱德华 恐怕我们...
Well, Edward, I'm afraid we can't...
可我没做过伪证
But I'm not a perjurer.
也不是骗子 绝对不是
And I'm not a liar, absolutely not.
我以前在铁匠手下干活
No, I used to work for a blacksmith
有一天 他正在往作伪证的人脸上烙印
and he was working on some perjurers one day,
我把烙铁从火中抽出来
and I pulled the branding iron out of the fire
然后不小心滑倒了
and I slipped.
你觉得我会相信你真是不小心摔倒
Do you really expect me to believe that you accidentally
然后不小心把P烙在了自己的额头正中间
branded yourself in the middle of the forehead?
那好吧 我投降说实话
OK, no, that's fine, both my hands are up.
那并不是场意外
It wasn't an accident. Ok?
但这个P不代表作伪证
But the "P" doesn't stand for perjurer.
它 代表的是
It, erm, it stands for...
最佳员工
perfect employee.
爱德华 你该出去了
Ok, Edward, both hands up, get out.
好吧
Ok.
请进
Come.
不好意思 我们不是已经谈过了吗
I'm sorry, I thought we'd been through all this.
不 不 那是我的双胞胎哥哥
No, no, no, you are confusing me with my twin brother.
他因为作伪证额头上被烙了个P
He has a "P" on his head for perjurer,
而我额头上是字母B
and I have a "B" on my head for...
代表卓越
Brilliant.
你就是我们要找的人
Well, you're exactly the type of person we're looking for.
恭喜你成功受聘
Congratulations, you've got the job.
太好了 我是说 太好了
Sweet! I mean, sweet...
完美
as an nut.
夸张故事 残暴行为*
*Tall tales, atrocious acts,
我们有最吓人的真♥相♥*
*we gave you all the fearsome facts
真♥相♥丑陋 不加修饰*
*The ugly truth, no glam or glitz,
《糟糕历史》看不够
Can't get enough of Horrible Histories?
到CBBC官网点击链接吧
Then go to the CBBC website and click on the link.
那里见咯
See you there.
历史不再是个谜*
*The past is no longer a mystery
但愿你喜欢糟糕历史*
*Hope you enjoyed Horrible Histories
剧集 | 糟糕历史(2009) | 导航列表