when you're on a ship this size?
它肯定不会沉的 对吧
I mean surely it's unsinkable, right?
是这样 先生
You'd have thought so, sir.
不过最好还是小心一点
Hm, best be on the safe side though.
你检查过救生艇的数量吗
Have you checked there are enough lifeboats
是否够船上的每个人使用
for everyone on board?
我们当然检查过了 先生 不够用
Of course we have, sir, there aren't.
他们只有供半数乘客使用的救生艇
我们只有20艘救生艇
We've only got 20 lifeboats,
远远不够全体乘客使用
not nearly enough for all of our passengers.
这样明智吗
Is that wise?
我说不好 先生
I don't really know, sir,
从没有人造过这么大的船
nobody's ever made a ship this big
因此原来的规定不适用了
so regulations don't really cover it.
规定毕竟是规定
Oh, only the regulations are regulations
即使没有任何规定
even if there aren't any regulations.
大家知道如何使用救生艇吗
And, er, do we know how to use these lifeboats?
完全不懂 先生
No idea, sir.
我们大部分人都没接受过所需的培训
Most of us haven't had the necessary training.
我相信无论如何都会顺利的
Oh, well, I'm sure it'll be fine anyway.
他们没有经过正规培训
无线电操作员
Wireless operator,
我们收到过关于本地区冰山的警告吗
have we received any warnings of any icebergs in the area?
是的
Yes, Sir.
我们收到了其他船只发出的警告
We've had a number of warnings from other ships.
他们的确收到了冰山警告
你不认为有什么需要担心的吧
Don't suppose there's anything to worry about.
可能没有 先生
Probably not, sir.
好极了 今晚谁负责瞭望
Good, who's on the lookout tonight?
是我 先生
I am, sir.
你有望远镜吗
And have you got your binoculars?
没有 先生
No, sir.
你操作探照灯的时候不需要用到它们吗
Won't you need them when you're manning the searchlight?
我们没有探照灯 先生
There isn't a searchlight, sir.
泰坦尼克没有探照灯
考你一下而已 水手
Just testing, seaman,
不管怎样 这些都只是预防措施
this is all just precautionary stuff anyway.
我在海上四十年 从未出过差错
I've been at sea 40 years and I've never had a problem.
我们最好全速前进
We might as well increase the ship's speed to maximum.
他们确实这样做了
那样的话 就能提前到达纽约了
That way, we'll arrive in New York earlier than expected.
在场的哪位是经验最丰富的船员
Oh, er, who's the most experienced officer on the bridge?
-是您 先生 -我要去睡觉了
- You are, sir. - I'm off to bed then.
默多克 你来负责吧
Murdoch, you're in charge,
什么都不用担心
don't worry about a thing.
又不是说泰坦尼克会沉掉
It's not as if the Titanic's going to sink!
太逗了
Funny.
那好吧 睡前我要来一杯
Right then, I think I deserve a nightcap.
谁知道我能上哪儿找点冰块
Anyone know where I can get any ice?
我相信它们自己会出现的
Oh, I'm sure some will show up.
人们认为泰坦尼克号♥是不会沉没的
The Titanic was meant to be unsinkable,
因此没有采取合适的安全措施
so there weren't enough safety measures put in place.
当它撞上冰山时 惨剧发生了
And when it did hit an iceberg, well the result was a tragedy.
1502人死去
1,502 people died
仅有700人左右幸存
and only around 700 survived.
一些幸存者的故事 令人惊奇
But some of the survivors' stories, well, they're amazing.
亚瑟·约翰·普利斯特
愚蠢的死法之
死得傻呀死得傻*
*Stupid deaths, stupid deaths
真人真事乐哈哈*
*They're funny cos they're true
死得傻呀死得傻*
*Stupid deaths, stupid deaths
下次不要到你家*
*Hope next time, it's not you
新发型吗 你看起来像见了鬼一样
Hm, new hairdo, is it, it looks like you've seen a ghost.
高兴点 只是想帮帮你
Oh, cheer up, just trying to help you out.
下一位
Next!
-名字 -亚瑟·约翰·普利斯特
- Name? - Arthur John Priest.
-职业 -我在船上烧锅炉
- Occupation? - I worked stoking boilers on ships,
基本上就是往炉子里铲煤
you know, basically shovelling coal into furnaces.
那船出名吗
Any ships I might have heard of?
泰坦尼克号♥
Well, er, the Titanic.
从来没听说过
Hm, no, never heard of it.
开玩笑呢 当然听说过了
I'm kidding! Of course I have.
这么说 你是在泰坦尼克号♥上淹死的吗
So you drowned on the Titanic, did you?
不 我生还了
No, I survived.
但你在引擎室工作
But you worked in the engine room,
所以当船撞上冰山时
which means you must have been in the very bowels
你肯定在船体的最内部
of the ship when the iceberg hit?
是的 我在 我不得不向上
Yes, I was, and I had to make my way up
穿过迷宫一样的过道到达顶层夹板
through a maze of gangways to get onto the top deck.
我最终到达时 救生艇几乎全走了
Once I eventually got there the lifeboats had almost all gone,
因此我不得不跳入海中
so I had to dive into the ocean.
肯定特别冷吧
Oh, it must have been freezing?
你说得没错
Well you're not kidding,
而且因为锅炉房♥里非常热
and cos it was so hot in the boiler room,
我只穿了短裤和马甲
all I was wearing was shorts and a vest.
最终一艘救生艇救起了我
A lifeboat did pick me up eventually,
但我已经生了冻疮
but not before I got frostbite.
听着朋友 如果你只是失去几个脚趾头
Listen, mate, if you've only lost a couple of tootsies,
是不会打动这里任何人的 明白吗
you're not going to impress anyone here, you follow?
泰坦尼克以后
So anyway, the Titanic
你就再也不想上船了 对吧
must have put you off ships for good, did it?
不 后来我在第一次世界大战时
No, I later went on to serve on the Alcantara
在阿尔坎塔拉号♥服役
in the First World War.
我记得是1916年 是的
I think 1916 it was, yes.
她在海战中沉没了
She sunk in a sea battle.
-然后你淹死了 -没有 我生还了
- And then you drowned? - No, I survived.
那么 这次你肯定再也不航海了
Well, surely that must have put you off sailing?
不 我的下一艘船是大不列颠号♥
No, my next ship was the Britannic
甚至比泰坦尼克号♥还要大
which was even bigger than the Titanic.
第一次世界大战期间 被用作医护船
During the First World War, they used it as a hospital ship.
别跟我说它也沉没了
Don't tell me that sunk as well?
必须的 被一枚水雷击中
It certainly did, got hit by a mine.
这时候你淹死了
And then you drowned?
不 我生还了
No, I survived!
你在三次沉船事故中生还 了不起
You survived the sinking of three ships? Incredible!
不会第四次还能逃过吧
Don't tell me, fourth time lucky?
1917年 我在另一艘医护船上工作
In 1917, I worked on another hospital ship,
多尼哥号♥
the Donegal.
她被鱼雷击中后沉船
She was hit by a torpedo and sunk.
这次你淹死了
And then you drowned?
不 我生还了
No, I survived.
什么 又一次 你到底什么时候淹死
What! Again? So when did you drown?
我没淹死 我几十年后在陆地上去世的
I didn't! I died decades later on land.
在温暖舒适的床上被肺炎夺走了生命
Of pneumonia, as it happens, in a nice warm bed.
天哪
Heavens above!
那不是愚蠢的死法 是无聊的死法
That's not a stupid death, that's a boring death!
你去隔壁排队吧 肯定能找到
You want the queue next door, can't miss it,
就是那支又长又无聊的队
it's the long and boring one.
去吧 快点 浪费时间
Go on, hop it, you time-waster.
你是说我没资格去那个哪儿
Oh, you mean I don't get to go through the, er, the whatsit?
不 你没资格去那个哪儿
No, you don't go through the whatsit.
好吧 凡事都有第一次
Well, there's a first for everything.
说真的 哪儿找的这些人啊
Honestly, where do they find them?
不是在海底 那是肯定的
Not at the bottom of the ocean, that's for sure!
笑一个嘛
Come on.
死得傻呀死得傻*
*Stupid deaths, stupid deaths
下次不要到你家*
*Hope next time, it's not you
凶残的维京人
冰岛 公元930年
这块地是我们的
This is our patch.
是我们的
It's ours.
你家的地盘只到瀑布那
Your turf ends at the waterfall.
这块地是我们的
This land is ours.
曾经是你们的
Was yours.
别太嚣张了 拉德诺
Don't push your luck, Radnor,
剧集 | 糟糕历史(2009) | 导航列表