太棒了 我们能试一试吗
Extraordinary! Well, can we try it?
当然 但贝尔先生要求我们
Of course! But Mr Bell insists
都得用官方通话问候语
that we use the official telephone greeting.
-是什么 -喂喂
- Which is? - Ahoy-hoy.
贝尔希望所有人都说喂喂
作为主叫方 我得先说"喂喂"
As the caller, I have to say, "Ahoy-hoy" to you,
您回"喂喂"
you say, "Ahoy-hoy" back,
这样就知道 我们能听到对方说话
that way we know we're receiving each other.
明白了
Understood.
准备好了吗 先生
Are you ready, sir?
-当然 -那就开始吧
- Oh, yes, indeed. - Here we go.
-喂喂 -你好
- Ahoy-hoy. - Hello.
不 先生 您得回我"喂喂"
No, sir, you have to say, "Ahoy-hoy" back to me.
没错 我只是没想到它真的管用
Yes, I was just shocked that it actually worked,
所以才会蹦出这种维多利亚式表达
so the Victorian expression of surprise crept out.
"你好"就相当于"天呐"
"Hello", as in, "Wow"!
"你好"曾用来表达惊叹之情
-我们再来一次吧 -好的
- Shall we try it again? - Yeah!
-喂喂 -你好
- Ahoy-hoy. - Hello.
-你好 您又说你好了 -你也说了
- Hello, you said it again. - So did you.
我只是对您又这样表示惊奇
Well, I was surprised that you said it again.
我只是又没想到它真的好用
Well, I'm still surprised it works.
好吧 先生 我们再试一次
OK, sir, shall we try it one more time?
-喂喂 -你好
- Ahoy-hoy. - Hello.
你好 你刚刚说了你好
Hello. You just said hello.
我当然要说"你好"
Of course I said "hello",
没想到你先说了"喂喂"
I was surprised that you said "ahoy-hoy",
我以为是我先说"喂喂"
I thought I was going to say "ahoy-hoy" first,
然后你再说"喂喂" 所以我才说你好
and then you said "ahoy-hoy". That's why I said hello.
-你好 -先生 您得...
- Hello. - Ah! Sir, you have to...
算了 我还把它拿走吧
It doesn't matter. I'm going to take these away.
不 等等 我才刚用顺手
No, wait, I was just getting the hang of it.
事实上 我有办法可以改良这个设计
In fact, I think I can improve on the design.
我看够呛 先生
I very much doubt it, sir,
爱迪生改良了电♥话♥设计
您连基本的电♥话♥问候语都掌握不了
you cannot even grasp the official telephone greeting.
人们讲电♥话♥时都说你好 这样的世界真可笑
Imagine a world where people say into the telephone, "hello."
再见
Goodbye.
他引领了在电♥话♥里说"你好"的潮流
你好 你好 我这出了点问题
Hello. Hello, I think I have a problem.
摄影是维多利亚时代的另一项发明
Another Victorian invention was photography.
说"起司" 这词我常说
Say, "cheese", I always do.
你 别再浪费时间画画了
You! Kiss goodbye to time-consuming painting,
因为现在是照片时代
because photography is here.
-什么 -没听错 你想知道的一切
- What? - Yes, and we've got everything you need to know
都在我们全新的《照片月刊》上
in our new Photographic Monthly Chronicle.
大家好 我是亨利·福克斯·塔尔博特
Hello, I'm Henry Fox Talbot,
维多利亚时代最杰出的摄影先驱之一
one of the great Victorian pioneers of photography.
学会我告诉你的小窍门
And, with my handy tips,
你也可以拥有像这样的照片
you'll be able to take photographs like this.
以及这样的 甚至是这样的
And this. And even this.
由于曝光需要几分钟的时间
With exposure times of several minutes,
最好选一个容易保持的姿势
best opt for an expression you can easily keep up.
所以我们维多利亚人
That's why we Victorians
在照片中看起来都那么痛苦
looked so miserable in photos.
还有 无论如何 切忌保持微笑
And, remember, whatever you do, don't try and maintain a smile.
我是阿尔伯特亲王 我想笑就笑
I'm Prince Albert, I can smile if I like.
是真的 阿尔伯特亲王热爱照相
随您的便 殿下 请保持
As you like, Your Highness. OK, hold it.
-坚持住 -开始酸痛了
- Just hold it there. - It's starting to hurt.
这里有最新的摄影配件
And we've got all the very latest accessories.
有了这些刚硬的颈铐及身体支架
These rigid neck irons and body braces
妈妈再也不用担心相片模糊了
make movement blurs a thing of the past, don't they?
他在试着点头
He's trying to nod.
马上订阅 即可获得代金券一张
And subscribe now to receive a voucher for a free photo session
持券者可免费与一位已故挚亲合照
with a recently deceased loved one of your choice.
和死去的亲人合照可是新潮流
Well, being photographed with a dead relative is the latest craze,
对吧 亲爱的
isn't it, darling?
没错 我爱你 我亲爱的
"Yes, it is, and I love you." Oh, darling.
赶快购买♥♥《摄影月刊》吧
So, get your copy of Photographic Monthly Chronicle today,
皇家认可的娱乐刊物
the pastime with Royal approval.
-好痛 -早说了您不该笑
- I hurt so much. - I did say not to smile.
我现在知道了 好吗
I've started now, yeah?
野蛮的石器时代
源自石器时代的英语词汇
什么 源自石器时代的英语词汇
What? Words we get from the Stone Age?
太荒谬了
Well, that's ridiculous.
石器时代能有几个文字流传至今啊
How many words could we possibly get from the Stone Age?
二
真的吗 哪两个
Really, what are they?
三
想想清楚再说
Well, make up your mind.
五
我知道了 你是个白♥痴♥
Oh, I see you're an idiot.
谁
说你呢
You.
汝
不 不是我 是你
No, not me, you.
我
妄图和你沟通 我也够傻的
You know what, I'm an idiot for even trying to talk to you.
我们
没错 我们都是白♥痴♥
Yes, we're both idiots.
等等
Wait a second...
我们
汝
谁
我
五
三
二
确实都是能追溯至石器时代的文字
All actual words that date back to the Stone Age.
太惊人了 也许你们原始人没那么蠢
Amazing! Maybe you early men weren't so dumb after all.
不 我原来的想法没错
Oh, no. I was right the first time.
我们不仅发明了文字
Not only did we invent words,
还发明了"家"的概念
we invented the idea of having a home.
我们石器时代的子民首度开始定居
For the first time, we Stone Age people settled in one place.
历史版 阳光之家
[恶搞Channel 4的家居购物节目A Place in the Sun]
大家好 欢迎收看《历史版阳光之家》
Hello, and welcome to Historical, A Place In The Sun.
我们帮助渴望建造阳光之家的人
The show where we find people who want a place in the sun,
建造阳光之家
a place in the sun.
本周的主角是卡尔和娜塔莉
This week, I'm joined by Carl and Natalie,
两位中石器时代的勤劳猎人 寻找阳光之家
two hardworking Mesolithic hunters looking for a place in the sun.
你们想要个什么样的家呢
So, guys, what kind of home are you after?
我们不是很明白...
Erm, we're not really sure what, erm...
-"家"是什么意思 -对
- What "Home" mean? - Yeah.
家就是你住的地方 是长♥期♥的住处
OK, a home is somewhere you live, it's a permanent dwelling.
糖稀的住所
Permabum dwelling?
我们没有"家"
We don't have "Home".
我们在不同的山洞居住
Er, we move from cave to cave,
寻找适合狩猎的地方
find best hunting.
早期石器时代人的确如此
好吧 希望我接下来带你们去的地方
Right, well, hopefully, I'll be able to show you somewhere
能鼓励你们拥有家产
that will encourage you to get on the property ladder.
用油假蝉
Probably ladder?
可能得费点工夫
This is going to take a while.
我将带领卡尔和娜塔莉参观斯塔卡
I'm taking Carl and Natalie to see Star Carr -
位于北约克郡弗里克斯顿湖畔的新房♥产
a brand-new development on the shore of Lake Flickston in North Yorkshire.
初步印象如何
So, first impressions, guys?
为什么这洞穴不在悬崖峭壁上
Why cave not in cliff face?
这不是洞穴 这是房♥子
Oh, this isn't a cave, this is a house.
不必受限于洞穴的地理位置
Instead of being constrained by the location of caves,
只要任意挑选想居住的地方
you can simply pick where you want to live
在那里建房♥子就行了
and put your house there.
最早的房♥子在斯塔卡被发掘
这都是欧洲最早的房♥产
These babies were the first in Europe
我觉得它们会像燎原之火一般传播开来
and I think they're going to spread like wildfire.
我叔叔死于火灾
My uncle die in wildfire.
非常抱歉 我之前不知道
I'm so sorry, I didn't know.
斯塔卡美丽的湖畔地理位置
Star Carr's beautiful lakeside location
以及特制的木码头
and purpose-built wooden quay
意味着居民得以享受诸多种类的水上运动
means residents can enjoy a wide range of water sports,
例如用鱼叉捕鱼和...
剧集 | 糟糕历史(2009) | 导航列表