Merci, thank you and good night.
DVD现已发♥售♥
Available now on DVD.
"风"靡大众的男演员
The actor that everyone's gassing about.
愚蠢
开路人
乔治·史蒂芬森是我们乔治王朝
One of our great Georgian inventors
一位伟大的发明家
was George Stephenson.
他想为自己的蒸汽火车
He wanted to build a network of railways
建立铁路网
for his locomotives.
可首先他得说服一些有权势的政♥治♥家
But first he had to persuade some powerful politicians,
包括威灵顿公爵
including the Duke of Wellington.
该死的 那人迟到了
Confound it, the man is late.
伦敦 1826年
威灵顿公爵从不等人的
Nobody keeps the Duke of Wellington waiting,
尤其是这种笨蛋
least of all this idiot.
史蒂芬森先生 你迟到了
Mr Stephenson, you're late.
如果能坐火车来伦敦的话
Well, I wouldn't have been
我就不会迟到了
if I'd have been able to travel to London by train, like.
我从没听过这么荒唐的事
I've never heard anything so ridiculous.
就是啊 他的北方口音还挺搞笑的
Yes, his northern accent is somewhat amusing.
我是指坐火车出行
I meant the idea of travelling by train.
威灵顿的确认为坐火车是个馊主意
当然是了 相当的荒唐
Er, yes of course, quite ridiculous.
未来将是蒸汽火车的世界
Well, locomotives are the future.
-胡说八道 -威灵顿
- Poppycock. - Now Wellington,
我们的确说过
we did say
在决定他所谓的铁路的命运之前
we would give Mr Stephenson a fair hearing
会给史蒂芬森先生发言的机会
before deciding on the fate of his so-called railways.
的确说过
Indeed we did.
我的铁路系统将会完全地改变
Well, my railway system's totally going to change
我们的
where we are...
许可取消 我听够了
Permission denied. I've heard enough.
蒸汽火车在乡下来回飞跑
Locomotives haring up and down the countryside.
你会把牛吓坏的
You'll terrify the cows.
很可能会让它们的牛奶结块
It will probably make their milk curdle.
说不定直接把它们给吓死了
If it doesn't just make them die of shock.
他们真的相信这些
你说对不对 罗伯特爵士
Isn't that right, Sir Robert?
成何体统 这成何体统
Eh...? It's a disgrace, an absolute disgrace.
-说得好 先生 -才不是呢
- Well put, sir. - Ach, away, man,
蒸汽火车将会彻底改变交通
the locomotives are going to revolutionise transport.
每小时行进二十英里不是梦
People are going to be able to get up to speeds of 20 miles an hour!
在这样令人震惊的速度下
Can a human even survive
还能有人活下来吗
at such astounding speeds?
他们的眼睛会被吸进
I imagine their eyes would get sucked
自己的脑袋里
from their very skulls.
他们当时也真是这么认为的
骑马的速度可以达到它的两倍
A man on horseback can go at twice that speed.
那他们就会被震动晃得傻乎乎的
Well then, they'd be shaken silly by the vibrations.
不 我的铁路系统是绝对安全的
No, my railway system's totally safe.
医生认为震动对人影响不好
这将会令平民百姓
And it'll give ordinary folk the freedom
在全国各地走得更快 明白吗
to go quickly round the country. You know what I mean?
那穷♥人♥岂不是也能到处乱跑了
Well then how will we keep the poor people in their place?
一些议员担心穷♥人♥不乖乖地呆着
成何体统
It's a disgrace,
这成何体统
an absolute disgrace.
这位先生 说得好
Well put, that man.
这就意味着罪犯
And it'll mean the criminals
能够逃脱法例的制裁
will be able to escape from the law.
前提是不死于每小时二十英里的速度之下
That's if they don't die going 20 miles an hour
说对了
Precisely.
我想威灵顿的辩词的确很有说服力
Wellington does make a strong case, I'm afraid.
你别想说服我们
And there is nothing you can possibly say to convince us.
你的铁路绝对建不成
Your railways will never be built.
在我威灵顿把你踢出去之前
Now, do you have anything else to add
你还有什么要说的吗
before I Wellington, boot you out?
我的铁路系统一定会
My railway system's going to be
非常受欢迎的
phenomenally popular, right?
如果你投资我的公♥司♥
So if you invest in my company,
你就能赚一火车的钱
you'll make train loads of cash.
修铁路听起来真是个好主意
Well I think your railway sounds like a marvellous idea!
这令威灵顿改变了主意
我当然是一直表示赞成的
Well, I've always certainly been in favour.
是是
Oh, yeah, yeah.
成何体统 这成何体统
It's a disgrace, an absolute disgrace.
别理他 他脑子不清楚
Ignore him! He doesn't know what he's saying.
继续睡觉 继续睡觉
Go back to sleep. Go back to sleep.
史蒂芬森的铁路提案
There were lots of objections
遭到了很多反对
to Stephenson's railway proposals,
这意味着火车的发展被延误了
which meant the trains were delayed.
火车被延误了 它不是一直延误着吗
The trains were delayed! You mean like they always are?
不管怎样 有很多交通先锋
Anyway, there were a number of transport pioneers
真的改变了我们出行的方式
who really changed the way we get around.
乔治·史蒂芬森 1781-1848 火箭号♥
[改编自歌♥舞剧Grease插曲Greased Lightnin]
凭借想象力
With imagination.
伊桑巴德·金德姆·布鲁内尔 1860-1859
创造力
Inspiration.
创新力
Innovation.
亨利·福特 1863-1947 福特汽车创始人
还有努力
And perspiration.
莱特兄弟 基蒂鹰 1903
我们彻底改变了交通工具
We revolutionised transportation!
我名字是 史蒂芬森*
*Stephenson's the name
蒸汽引擎 我的最棒*
*And my steam engine's the best you will find
火箭号♥ 它叫火箭号♥*
*It was the Rocket, it was called the Rocket
拉着火车 载着乘客*
*It pulled a train to carry passengers
这种运输 它是首创*
*And was the first of its kind
由于移♥动♥ 引起骚动*
*Caused a commotion doing the locomotion
距离最长*
*Was best by miles
雨山赛上*
*And won top prize
荣获头奖*
*At the Rainhill Trials
贵族们说 这很危险*
*The Lords said it was dangerous
车票利润 装满盆钵*
*Then saw how many tickets could sell
贵族憎厌 直到赚钱*
*The toffs were off it till they saw a profit
为我铺路 为我开道*
*And so he paved the way for me
伊桑巴德·金德姆·布鲁内尔就是我*
*I'm Isambard Kingdom Brunel
擅长工程 是名先锋*
*An engineer and famous pioneer
铁路专家*
*Railways off pat
要超越他*
*A massive hat
压力山大*
*And to top that ...
隧♥道♥建设 桥梁架设*
*I was a tunnel-building, bridge-creating
辛勤工作 船舶制♥作♥*
*Hard-grafting, ship-crafting
多个领域 取得进展*
*Polymath in search of a way
我的火车 穿我隧♥道♥*
*To take my train through my tunnel
通我桥梁 到我船上*
*'cross my bridge to my ship
最快速度 去美♥利♥坚♥*
*And sail me fastest to the USA
蒸汽轮船*
*My steam ship
仅十四天*
*It made the trip
横跨洋面*
*In just 14 days
那边有我 聪明智者*
*There across the ocean was clever old me
我是明星*
*I'm quite a star
亨利·福特 炙手可热*
*He's Henry Ford, yes, that's what he's called
建流水线 开创首例*
*My assembly line's the first
购买♥♥汽车 价钱便宜*
*To make it cheap to buy a motor car
亨利·福特 低价卖♥♥♥车♥*
*From Henry Ford cars you can afford
你会惊奇*
*I think you'll find
型号♥单一*
*Made just one kind
不要介意*
*But never mind
最快是我 制♥造♥汽车*
*I was the fastest rating car creating
引进实现 批量生产*
*Introducing mass producing
原创T型车*
*Original Model T guy
用发动机 还有鸟翼*
*We took his engine, a bird wing
单车经验 辛勤钻研*
*Some bike skills, worked until
发现机器 如何飞天*
*We found out how machines could fly
不止跳跃*
*Not just a hop
一路不歇*
剧集 | 糟糕历史(2009) | 导航列表