The Jenny refers to our spinning jenny.
-什么 -啥
- What?! - Aye?
抱歉 慢着 她是不是在胡言乱语
Sorry, can I get a rewind, is it me or is she talking nonsense?
珍妮纺织机是个机器 唐勋爵
The spinning jenny is a machine, Lord Sugar,
一台多轴的纺纱机
a multi-spool spinning frame.
他是不是在胡言乱语
Is it me, or is he talking nonsense?
是这样的 我们刚买♥♥了这台机器
Basically, erm, it's a fancy machine we've just bought
它使我能在更短的时间内纺出更多的纱
which enables me to make more yarn in less time than ever before.
随后我用手织机 把玛丽纺出的纱织成布
I then take Mary's yarn and turn it into fabric on my hand loom
我们家就是干这个的
and our little family business
能比过去产出更多的织品
is making more fabric than ever before.
事实上 唐勋爵
Point of fact, Lord Sugar,
在珍妮机的帮助下
with the help of the spinning jenny,
这家的纺织品周产量
this family has massively increased its weekly textile production
提高至整整三公斤
to a whopping three kilos.
三公斤 很可观
Three kilos, that's impressive.
你们对这有什么要说的吗 瓦特
What have you got to say about that, Watt?
珍妮机在一定程度上很完美
The spinning jenny is all well and good up to a point,
但动力不足时 就受到了限制
but there's a limit to what you can do without more power.
就轮到我大显身手了
That's where I come in.
对水进行加热 制♥造♥产生压力的蒸汽
You heat water, create steam which makes pressure.
我改良了一种引擎
Now, I've perfected an engine
能够利用蒸汽的力量推动机器运转
to harness that power to drive machines.
蒸汽泵
这就是以我名字命名的"瓦特蒸汽机"
It's called the Watt Steam Engine, named after my good self.
你自视甚高
You, sir, have a massive ego.
没错
Correct.
-你将前途无量 -谢谢
- You're going to go far. - Thank you.
你有什么要告诉我的 帅哥
What's your story, handsome?
我有一家纺织厂 唐勋爵
I own a textile factory, Lord Sugar.
我们使用瓦特的蒸汽引擎来推动
We use Watt's steam engine to power
更大更快的走锭细纱机来纺纱
bigger, faster machines called spinning mules, to make the yarn,
推动织布机进行编织
and power looms to weave the material.
我工厂织出的布比过去都多
My factory is making even more fabric than ever before actually.
没错 唐勋爵
It's true, Lord Sugar.
在瓦特蒸汽引擎的帮助下
With the help of the Watt steam engine,
工厂产出了三百公斤纺织品
the factory business has produced 300 kilos of textiles,
是另一队的一百倍
that's a staggering 100 times as much as the other team.
你们有什么要说的吗 玛丽队
So what have you got to say about that then, Team Mary?
是珍妮队
Team Jenny.
-什么 -啥
- What? - Aye?
我们是家族企业 精心于手工织布
Ours is a family business, we lovingly craft our textiles.
这些工厂的做法是错误的
These factories are just wrong,
我妻子和我不会接受他们那种方式的
my wife and I will have nothing to do with them.
我说的对吗
Isn't that right...?
我能来为您效劳吗
Mind if I come and work for you?
欢迎入职 碰拳为约
Welcome on board, bump the fist. Boom.
对不起 亲爱的 识时务者为俊妇
Sorry, love, you can't stop progress.
天哪 珍妮队最后的结果是
Oh dear, oh dear. So, what's left of Team Jenny...
出局
You're fired.
-什么 -啥
- What? - Aye?
-什么 -什么事
- What? - What?
是啊 不对 怎么了
Aye, no. What?
乔治王朝时期的人们极富创意
Peple were very inventive in Georgian times.
钟表匠亚历山大·卡明斯
What useful thing did the watchmaker Alexander Cummings
1775年的哪项发明一直沿用至今
invent in 1775 that we still use today?
A 防臭曲管
A: A stink trap
B 溜冰鞋
B: Roller skates
C 松紧内♥裤♥
Or C: Knicker elastic
答案是...
The answer is...
A
A
防臭曲管是一段弯曲的马桶排污管
A stink trap is a bend in the toilet pipe
作用是防止下水道反味
that stops smells coming up through the drains.
别具匠心
It was a clever idea.
但不是每个乔治王朝的人都这么睿智
But not all Georgians were quite so sensible.
看看这位政客
Check out this politician.
你难道不觉得如今英国的贫困问题
Do you think something needs to be done about
已经到了必须强加整治的地步了吗
the appalling levels of poverty in Britain today?
你担心医疗保健等其他问题吗
Do you worry about healthcare and hospitals and whatnot?
你不觉得穷♥人♥有权通过接受教育
Do you think poor people should be educated
以获得机会改善生活吗
to give them a better chance in life?
不 我也不这么觉得
No, neither do I.
我的名字叫疯子杰克·米顿
My name's Mad Jack Mytton,
疯子杰克·米顿
望您在舒兹伯利议会选举中投我一票
and I want you to elect me MP for Shrewsbury,
这样我就能骑着赛马招摇过市
so I can ride expensive racehorses out of windows.
杰克承诺骑赛马招摇过市
不光是这些
But that's not all.
如果你投我一票
If you vote for me,
疯子杰克的赤身猎鸭行
我保证晚上光着身子去打鸭子
I guarantee I will go naked duck hunting at night.
我还有什么本事换诸位一票呢
But why else should you vote for me?
疯子杰克用烤火治打嗝
我和你们一样 就是个普通人
Well, I'm just an ordinary guy, like you.
没错 我打嗝的时候
And, yes, I set myself on fire
也一样烤烤火就好了 谁不是呢
when I've got the hiccups. Who doesn't?
这值得一试 我还喜欢骑熊飞驰
Worth a try, and like you, I also enjoy riding bears.
疯子杰克还喜欢骑熊
驾 驾
Giddy up.
如果你们想要个诚实可信
So if you want someone honest,
耿直公正又体恤民情的正人君子
someone with integrity and someone connected with real people,
那千万别选我
then vote for someone else.
无所谓 工作好无聊
Don't care. Work's boring.
尽管选你所爱 那也无关大局
Vote for who you like, it won't make any difference,
反正这位子是我的 我都打好招呼了
I own the seat and I'm going to fix the result anyway.
我的名字是 疯狂的杰克·米顿
My name's Mad Jack Mytton,
我必当选舒兹伯利的议员 管你愿意不愿意
and I will be MP for Shrewsbury whether you like it or not.
给熊套上鞍子 哥我去了
Saddle the bear. I'm leaving.
投票给疯子杰克·米顿 不投也是他赢
棘手的二十世纪
糟糕历史电视台
新闻联播
大家好 欢迎收看《那时新闻》
Hello, and welcome to the News at When.
那时就是1911年
When? 1911,
大多数英国人都罢♥工♥了
when most of Britain seemed to be on strike,
包括矿工 码头工和交通运输工会
including the miners, the dockers and the Transport Union.
我们派出了记者 詹妮弗·汤森
We sent our reporter, Jennifer Townsend,
来采访一处极为不寻常的罢♥工♥
to investigate one of the more unusual strikes.
约克郡西区 现场报道
抱歉 我迟到了 火车晚点了
Sorry I'm late, the train was delayed,
因为铁路工人罢♥工♥了
obviously because the transport workers are on strike.
-我要找到罢♥工♥的领袖 -你好
- Now I've got to find the strike leader. - Hello.
快闪开 小家伙 我要找罢♥工♥领袖
Clear off, sonny, I need to find the strike leader.
我们学生也在罢♥课♥ 我们要什么
Us schoolboys are on strike as well. What do we want?
减少课时
Shorter school days!
加薪减负 少点拼写课 多点寒暑假
减少哪天的课时
When do we want them?
最好周一到周五
Monday to Friday, ideally.
贵校学生都罢♥课♥了
So your school's come out on strike?
不光我们学校
Not just our school,
全国有六十个城市的学生都在罢♥课♥
schoolboys are striking in 60 cities around the country.
我们觉得
We figure
别人都在为更好的工作条件罢♥工♥
if everybody else is striking for better working conditions,
重大消息 全国有六十个城市的学生都在罢♥课♥
我们也不该落后
we should as well.
明白了 我听说你们要求缩减课时
I see. I've heard that you want better school hours.
还有什么其他要求吗
What are your other demands?
我们要什么
What do we want?
更多的假期
More holidays!
要几时的假期
When do we want them?
阳光明媚时最好不过
Somewhere sunny would be nice.
我们还想早点毕业
We also want to talk about the school leaving age.
学生们要求增加假期 减少课时
好像你们所有的要求
It seems all your demands
都是围绕如何远离学校生活的
are about spending less time at school working.
大家不都这么想吗
Isn't that what everybody wants?
不 你还没听过我们的核心诉求
No. You haven't heard our main demands yet.
2 4 8 6 我要更多的数学课
剧集 | 糟糕历史(2009) | 导航列表