剧集 | 美女上错身(2009) | 导航列表
and then I'll bring it back.
再给你送回来
Mr. Dinescu, vampires are sensitive to garlic, correct?
迪内斯库先生 吸血鬼对大蒜过敏 对吧
If garlic's anywhere near me, I become violently ill.
如果附近有大蒜 我就会暴病
Would you mind reaching under your chair?
请你看看椅子底下有什么
What was that?
那是什么啊
Garlic.
大蒜
And how are you feeling?
你现在感觉如何
Objection. Badgering.
反对 纠缠证人
Your honor, since we stipulated
法官大人 既然针对此次听证会
that vampires are a protected class for the purposes of this hearing,
我们规定吸血鬼是受保护人群
I'm trying to establish
我想要搞清楚
whether or not Mr. Dinescu is a member of the vampire race.
迪内斯库先生是否为吸血鬼种族的一员
Overruled. Proceed.
反对无效 继续讯问
Vampires don't age, correct?
吸血鬼不会变老 对吧
You remain the age you were when you became a vampire.
你会停留在你变成吸血鬼的年龄
And when did you become a vampire?
你是何时变成吸血鬼的
I was turned about five years ago.
五年前
I'd like to enter into evidence Exhibit "F,"
我要呈上证据F
a photo of Kieran Dinescu when he was 15.
一张凯伦·迪内斯库十五岁时的照片
Do you think you look older today?
你觉得自己现在看着变老了吗
I'm not sure.
我不确定
Let's talk about blood, which you need to survive.
我们来谈谈你赖以为生的人血
What if I told you that I am a willing victim?
如果我自愿让你吸血呢
So, go ahead, express some fangs, and bite my neck.
来吧 把尖牙露出来 咬我脖子一口
Objection. Badgering. Agreed.
反对 纠缠证人 反对有效
Pull it back, counselor.
收回这招 律师
Your honor, vampires are also unable to be seen in mirrors.
法官大人 吸血鬼在镜子中照不出映像
Let's see if this holds true for Mr. Dinescu.
我们来看看迪内斯库先生是不是这样
Okay, that's enough.
好了 请住手
Do you see your reflection?
你看到自己的映像了吗
I said enough!
我说了请住手
Mr. Kent, stay calm.
肯特先生 冷静点
Obviously, Kieran is not a vampire.
凯伦显然不是吸血鬼
He's just a confused young man.
他只不过是个迷茫的少年
Kieran.
凯伦
Kieran!
凯伦
Recess, your honor?
请求休庭 法官大人
Granted.
批准
Kieran! Leave me alone.
凯伦 别管我
Look, that lawyer had no right to harass you like that.
那个律师没权利像那样骚扰你
I can deal with it. I want to help you.
我能处理好 我想帮你
Why?!
为什么
Because you want to feel better about yourself?
因为你想要更有自信吗
What's that supposed to mean?
你这是什么意思
Has anyone ever made you feel like a loser?
有没有人让你觉得自己像个失败者
You were probably a jock.
你以前大概是个运动员
You probably got straight A's and dated a cheerleader.
你可能成绩全优 还跟啦啦队长约过会
Kieran, wait.
凯伦 等等
Look, I can't pretend to know what you've been through,
我对你的经历确实没有切身感受
but I know you don't have to be alone.
但我知道你不必孤身一人
All these people came to cheer you on.
有这么多人为你鼓劲
And as a former jock,
作为前任运动员
I can tell you it feels good to have fans.
我可以告诉你坐拥粉丝的感觉很棒
And I'm gonna keep fighting to get you your job back.
我会继续为你把工作争取回来
I don't think your vampire-race argument's gonna work.
我觉得你用吸血鬼种族来辩护是没用的
Well, I'm like a vampire.
我就像吸血鬼一样
Till you shoot me with a silver bullet, I keep going.
除非你用银子弹射我一枪 否则我就勇往直前
That's a werewolf, but nice try.
那是狼人 不过谢谢你这么尽心
I'm putting you back on the stand.
我会让你继续出庭作证
I'm gonna ask the questions.
我来向你提问
You're gonna answer "Yes" or "No."
你只能回答"是"或"否"
No colorful commentary.
不准添油加醋
I will be fine. Calm and professional.
我会好好表现的 冷静而专业
Pardon the interruption.
抱歉打扰
Tuttle, what do you want?
塔特尔 你想干什么
Parker has made a decision about his future with H&P.
帕克决定好要怎么处理哈帕律所了
Yes, we're aware he's selling. That's old news.
我们知道他要卖♥♥掉 那是之前
Pursuant to Paragraph 12, Subsection 4
依照律所的合伙协议
of the firm's partnership agreement,
第12条第4款
a founding member has the right to surrender his stake
若创始成员目前不在该律所工作
if he is not currently working at the firm.
则有权放弃其股份
So now that we're losing a malpractice case,
我们要输掉这个玩忽职守案了
Parker wants to bail before the verdict
帕克想在裁决前抽身
and leave Kim and I to pay the damages.
留我和金来赔偿损失
Hey, no one said we were gonna lose.
谁说我们会输的
Based on my assessment, you're going to lose.
根据我的评估 你们会输
Hence, Parker's signed notice of surrender, dated today.
因此 帕克签署了弃权书 今天生效
Parker's no longer a partner?
帕克不做合伙人了
That's right. He's cutting his losses.
是的 他要削减自己的损失
Oh, and best of luck. You're going to need it.
祝你们好运 因为你们凶多吉少
So without Parker,
既然帕克不在了
we should discuss my partnership.
我们应该商量一下我做合伙人的问题了
Partner of what? There's not gonna be a firm.
什么合伙人 我们连律所都保不住了
Owen, like I said, I am going to fix this,
欧文 我说过 我会搞定这件事
and then I'm gonna redecorate that lobby.
然后我还要重新装♥修♥大厅
I'm thinking leather sofas. You know what?
我想要皮质沙发 行
Fine. Fine.
就这么定了
If you can find a way to get us out of this mess,
你要是能想办法收拾好这个烂摊子
Forget partner. I'll make you queen.
别说合伙人了 我让你当王后都行
I have always wanted to be royalty.
我一直想当皇室
Okay, we're due back in court,
好了 我们该回法庭了
but first I want to chitchat with that judge.
但我要先跟法官闲聊几句
What are you talking about?
你这是什么意思
Owen, you need to trust me.
欧文 你要相信我
Let me get this straight, Ms. Bingum.
你听我理解得对不对 宾格温女士
You called us here to argue on behalf of Violet Harwood,
你找我们过来是要为维尔莉特·哈伍德辩护
who is currently suing you for malpractice?
而她正在告你玩忽职守
Right. That's right.
对 没错
In advocating for Violet, my former client,
为我的前委托人维尔莉特辩护之后
I believe that the malpractice case against me will be dismissed.
状告我的玩忽职守案应该就能撤销了
Do you know what this is about? No, your honor.
你知道这是怎么回事吗 不知道 法官大人
At this point, my client has gone rogue.
我的委托人开始自行其是了
And are you feeling okay, Ms. Bingum?
你感觉还好吗 宾格温女士
Oh, never better.
再好不过了
Violet, please tell the judge about your watch.
维尔莉特 请把手表的事情告诉法官
Okay.
好
Um, my mother left this to me in the trust
我母亲在信托中留了这块手表给我
with instructions to pass it on to my firstborn daughter
并指定我要在我长女十八岁的时候
on her 18th birthday,
把手表传给她
and then to her daughter on her 18th birthday,
而她要在她女儿十八岁的时候传给她女儿
and so on down the line.
就这样一代代传下去
Kind of sounds like a dead hand clause to me.
我觉得这像是死亡之手条款
What's going on here?
你这是什么意思
You know, a dead hand clause
死亡之手条款是为了防止
prevents dead people from exercising control from the grave,
过世的人对超过一代以上的后辈
beyond a single generation.
行使控制
So, for example, your parents cannot require you
比如说 你的父母不能要求你
to give your watch to your firstborn daughter --
把你的手表传给你的长女
someone who did not exist when they died.
即他们去世时还不存在的人
And since such a clause exists, the whole trust is invalid.
由于存在这个条款 所以整个信托无效
You're trying to invalidate the entire trust
你想因为一个术语
because of a technicality?
就使整个信托失效
Why not?
有何不可呢
We already know you're a big fan of technicalities.
我们都知道你很爱把玩术语
And what's good for the goose is good for the gander.
我不过是有样学样而已
And I say we cook this goose.
现在可以还治其人之身了
Your honor, this is crazy.
法官大人 这太荒唐了
Mr. Harwood, Ms. Bingum is correct.
哈伍德先生 宾格温女士说得对
The underlying assets shall be distributed 50/50
相关财产由你和你妹妹
between the two beneficiaries, you and your sister.
两位受益人平分
剧集 | 美女上错身(2009) | 导航列表