剧集 | 美女上错身(2009) | 导航列表
And I need your help.
我需要你的帮助
Paul, dear...
保罗 亲
Hey, I like when you call me dear.
我喜欢你叫我亲
You know, it makes me, uh,
让我觉得...
feel like you care about my wellbeing. Do you?
你很在乎我的幸福 你在乎吗
Not at all.
完全不在乎
Dear, I am going to visit my sick client in the hospital,
亲 我要去医院探望生病的委托人
and you're in my way.
你挡我路了
Oh, well...
好吧
Yeah, just remember that.
记得就好
Your honor, as you know, Ms. Kaswell
法官大人 如你所知 卡斯维女士
failed to get revenge photo to take down the photos.
未能让复仇照片网撤掉照片
And this Hail Mary against my client
而这场针对我方委托人的最后一搏
is an abuse of the legal system.
是对法律资源的滥用
Intentional infliction of emotional distress,
故意精神伤害罪
really, is a loser.
是个站不住脚的论点
I agree, which is why I've amended our complaint
同意 所以我修改了诉讼请求
to include copyright infringement.
加入了版权侵犯
We'd like to call Alex ray to the stand.
我们想请艾利克斯·格雷上庭作证
And if your Honor doesn't think we have a case
如果法官大人在作证完毕后
once I've finished with the witness, we'll drop it.
仍然认为案件不成立 我们就撤销诉讼
All right, Mr. Gray, you're up.
好的 格雷先生 请上证人席
Did my client give you permission to publish her photos?
我方委托人允许你发表照片了吗
What do you mean, "Publish"?
你说的"发表"是什么意思
To distribute to the public,
向公众展示
which is what happened when they were displayed on the website.
当照片被发布在网站上时就会造成这种结果
I didn't need permission.
我不需要许可
She gave me the photos.
是她自己把照片发给我的
I could do whatever I wanted with them
我拿它们做什么都行
because they were mine.
因为它们属于我
Not according to the law, they aren't.
根据法律 它们不属于你
See, if you took the photos, that would be true,
如果照片是你拍的 那确实属于你
like when a reporter takes my photo.
就像记者拍了我的照片
She owns it. She can publish it.
照片属于她 她可以发表
But Wendy took the photos of herself,
但温迪自己拍的照片
and then you published them without her permission,
而后你未经允许发表了它们
which constitutes copyright infringement.
构成了版权侵犯
Objection. Your Honor, counselor is testifying.
反对 法官大人 控方律师自证
Maybe so, but I hope you're paying attention.
也许是 但我希望你能注意
She makes a valid point.
她的观点有道理
I'm sorry if I was too preachy.
抱歉 我话太多
I'll, uh, go sit down.
我...回去坐下
Mr. Cummings.
卡明斯先生
I'd like to request a short recess.
我想申请短暂休庭
Five minutes.
给你五分钟
And if your first sentence back
如果你们回来后第一句话不是
isn't "We've taken down the offending photos,"
"我们撤掉了不雅照"
I'll assume you don't understand copyright law,
那我会认为你不懂版权法
And I'll order you to attend
进而要求你
40 hours of continuing legal education.
参加40小时的律师继续教育
Got it?
明白了吗
Got it.
明白
Mr. Jacobs?
雅各布斯先生
How is he?
他怎么样了
Uh, doctors say he's got 48 hours
医生说如果不进行治疗
if we don't get him the treatment.
他就只剩48小时可活了
We lost in court.
我们败诉了
No.
不
I am so sorry.
我很抱歉
I don't understand how this can happen.
怎么会是这个样子
A man named Walter Clark
有个叫沃尔特·克拉克的人
doesn't want photopheresis to become the standard of care
不希望光化学疗法成为治疗标准
because then he could lose money.
因为那样他会亏钱
Where is Walter now?
沃尔特在哪儿
I want to talk to him.
我想跟他谈谈
It won't make a difference.
那也解决不了问题
The man is a killer.
这家伙是个杀人犯
My son is gonna die.
我儿子会送命的
Hold on, hold on.
等等
You just gave me an idea.
你刚刚给了我灵感
I did?
是吗
Now, it's a long shot, but...
虽说机会不大 但是
Um, um, I'm sorry. Will you excuse me?
抱歉 失陪一下
Well, yeah. Okay.
好的 嗯
Teri, I need you to connect me to the D.A.'s office.
泰丽 帮我接到地检办
Tell them it's an emergency.
就说有急事
Oh, I also need the hotel where Walter Clark is staying.
再帮我接到沃尔特·克拉克住的酒店
Your honor, my client has taken down the offending photos.
法官大人 我方委托人已将不雅照撤掉了
Good. So I assume we're done here.
很好 看来可以结案了
Not quite. We're seeking damages.
还没有 我们要寻求损伤赔偿
What?
什么
My client was not enriched by the photos.
我方委托人并未通过照片获益
There are no damages.
因此并未造成伤害
With all due respect, that's bullcrap.
恕我冒昧 这纯属胡扯
Your client demanded $5,000 to take down the photos.
你方委托人索要了五千美元才肯将照片撤掉
Whether he meant to do it or not,
无论有意与否
he placed an implied value on the photos.
他给照片标出了隐含价值
That $5,000 was at a settlement conference
那五千美元是在和解会议上提出的要求
and, under the evidentiary code, cannot be admitted into court.
并且受到证据法保护 不能作为法庭证据
That conference was concerning the claim
那次和解会议是针对于
of intentional infliction of emotional distress,
故意精神伤害这一诉求
not copyright infringement, so it is admissible.
而非版权侵犯 所以可被采纳
Mr. Cummings,
卡明斯先生
did your client offer to take down the photos for $5,000?
你方委托人是否索要五千美元才肯将照片撤掉
Yes, he did, your honor.
是的 法官大人
Well, then...I'm awarding the plaintiff $5,000.
既然如此 我判给原告五千美元赔偿金
And now we're done.
现在可以结案了
Thank you. Congratulations.
谢谢 恭喜
Thank you so much.
太感谢你了
Oh, Mr. Clark, may I have a moment of your time?
克拉克先生 能耽误你几分钟时间吗
I'm sure you recognize me from court.
你在法庭上见过我
Of course, Ms. Bingum.
当然 宾格温小姐
But I'm, uh I'm late for the airport.
可是我要赶飞机
Oh, no, this won't take long.
我不会耽误你太久
This is an arrest warrant. That's right.
这是张逮捕证 没错
It's dated three days from now.
上面的日期是三天后
I had a friend at the D.A.'s office prepare it.
这是我让地检办的一位朋友准备的
Second degree murder charges against you
以谋杀迈克尔·雅各布斯的
for the murder of Michael Jacobs.
二级谋杀罪逮捕你
According to his doctors, he'll be dead by then.
他的医生说 三天后他就会死掉
This a joke?
这是开玩笑吗
Penal Code 210.2.
《刑法典》第210.2条
Depraved heart murder, callous disregard for human life.
极端轻率谋杀罪 对人类生命无情漠视
When you acquired Hambridge stock,
当你收♥购♥汉伯治的股份之后
your first order of business
你的第一项工作
was to convince that board to make a bid for Whiting
就是说服董事会收♥购♥怀廷制药
so that you could terminate the photopheresis trials.
这样你就可以叫停光化学疗法试验
It was a smart business decision.
这是个明智的业务决策
Look, you come after me,
你想追究我的责任
you're gonna have to get the D.A. to file charges
你就要让地检办针对整个董事会
against the entire board.
提出控告
Oh, see, the D.A. doesn't see it that way,
地检办并不这么认为
as it was your recommendation
因为是你的建议
that callously disregarded the life of my client's son.
对我方委托人之子的生命造成了无情漠视
You see, Mr. Clark, the standard here is gross recklessness,
克拉克先生 这个治疗标准十分轻率
and the D.A. believes that
而地检办认为
the jury will find your behavior to be really, really gross.
陪审团将为你的行为感到作呕
Anyway, have a good ride to the airport.
总之 祝你顺利抵达机场
I'm sure we'll see you back here in L.A. real soon.
用不了多久我们还会在洛杉矶见面的
20 minutes after I left Walter Clark,
我跟克拉克见面二十分钟后
剧集 | 美女上错身(2009) | 导航列表