剧集 | 美女上错身(2009) | 导航列表
So, sometimes you waltz into court unprepared?
这么说你有时候会毫无准备就走上法庭
No, of course not.
当然不会
But you missed a standard in terrorem clause.
可你漏掉了警告条款中的一条标准
Could it be that maybe you didn't give my client's case
这是否可能是因为你由于心烦意乱
enough prep time because you were distracted?
而没有足够时间准备我方委托人的案子
I'm not sure what you mean.
我不太明白你的意思
It's common knowledge around town
大家都知道
that Harrison & Parker is fighting for its life.
哈里森·帕克律所在挣扎保命
I'd find that distracting.
我觉得这种事会让人分心
Well, it is upsetting.
我确实很难过
I've given my whole life to H&P.
我把一辈子都献给了哈帕律所
You know, and the people are...
那里的同事
They're like my family.
他们就像是我的亲人
And the whole place could just be gone within a week.
整家律所再过一周就不复存在了
That's a lot of pressure on me.
这给了我很大压力
What about your home life? Any distractions there?
那你的私生活呢 有让你分心的事吗
Nothing stands out.
没什么特别的
I don't believe you.
我不相信
Okay.
好吧
Okay. Uh, my home life. Let's see.
好吧 我的私生活 我想想
Oh, well, my best friend
我最好的朋友
is being inseminated by my ex-fiance?
正在接受我前未婚夫的人工授精
Who is also my boss and my lawyer for the purposes of this case.
他还是我的老板兼本案律师
And while I am totally supportive of that arrangement,
虽说我完全支持他们的决定
it...
但是
I guess it does affect me
但它确实对我有所影响
in ways that I couldn't...foresee.
以我无法预见的方式
So, maybe you're a little bit right.
你说得可能没错
My life is changing on all fronts, and...
我生活的各个方面都在发生变化
...I have no control over any of it.
但我却束手无策
So if you're asking me if I was distracted...
所以你要是问我是否心烦意乱
...yes, ma'am.
是的 女士
I was distracted.
我确实有所分心
And I know that that's why you're suing me.
我知道你们就是因为这个才把我告上法庭的
And I'm so sorry. I am sorry.
对不起 实在对不起
Can I go now?
我可以走了吗
I'm ordering a recess.
休庭
Ms. Bingum, I suggest you get some rest.
宾格温女士 我建议你休息一下
Hey, boss. I brought you a magnetic bracelet.
老板 我给你买♥♥了条磁性手链
It's supposed to calm you down from traumatic events like car accidents
如果遭遇车祸或是在证人席上崩溃这类重创
or melting down on the stand.
它能帮你平复心情
It wasn't that bad.
其实也没那么糟糕
I got e-mails from the bailiff and the coffee-cart guy.
我收到了法警和咖啡小贩发来的邮件
They're concerned.
他们很担心你
Is that how you practice law here?
你就是这么当律师的吗
Behaving like a complete lunatic?
疯疯癫癫 情绪失控
Violet's lawyer was really coming at me.
维尔莉特的律师对我各种逼问
And it didn't help to see your smug face in the gallery.
在走廊里看见你自鸣得意的样子 我更焦虑了
You were completely unprofessional.
你太不专业了
I am not going to let a complete stranger berate me.
我都不认识你 你凭什么责骂我
I'm gonna go get some air.
我要出去透透气
Excuse me.
失陪
You are a mean, mean man.
你太刻薄了
And if you expect me to validate your parking now,
你要是指望我现在批准你在外面停车
you are out of luck.
根本没门
Excuse me.
失陪
Grayson.
格雷森
Kieran called. Did you speak to his boss?
凯伦打来电♥话♥ 你跟他老板谈过了吗
Yes, I did.
谈过了
The zoo fired him because parents heard about the "freak"
动物园开除他是因为家长们听说了
who worked in the nighttime animal exhibit.
那个在夜间动物展区工作的"怪胎"
Kieran's not getting his job back
除非凯伦不再假扮吸血鬼
till he stops with the vampire nonsense.
否则不能回去上班
You need to see this. I found it on YouTube.
快看这个 我在油管上找到的
Kieran made it a few years ago.
这是凯伦几年前拍的
I get it.
我懂
I don't play sports or have a lot of friends.
我不爱运动 也没几个朋友
I'm an easy target,
我很好欺负
but I don't know how much more I can take,
但我不知道自己还能承受多久
so please just stop.
所以拜托你们停手吧
Stop getting in my face. Stop pushing me around.
别再找我麻烦 别再欺负我了
Just...
就...
Would it make you happy if I just went away...forever?
如果我永远消失 你们就高兴了吗
He sounds like he was going to kill himself.
听口气他好像要自杀
But instead he pretended to be a vampire to protect himself.
但后来他假装成吸血鬼来保护自己
Maybe he thought if people were freaked out by him,
他可能以为如果大家被他吓到
they'd leave him alone.
就不会烦他了
And it worked.
这招真的管用
He has no friends, doesn't talk to his family.
他没有朋友 不跟家人来往
Kid's a total loner.
这孩子独来独往
I hate bullies.
我讨厌恶霸
But you know who pisses me off even more?
但你知道我更恨什么样的人吗
The kids who watch and do nothing.
看着别人被欺负却袖手旁观的孩子
Teri, call the court clerk
泰丽 打电♥话♥给书♥记♥员
and get us on the docket A.S.A.P.
让我们的案子尽快受审
I thought you said we didn't have a case for wrongful termination?
你不是说不正当解雇没法立案吗
I don't think we do.
确实是这样
But a kid like Kieran needs to see
但我想让凯伦知道
that other people will fight for him.
有人愿意为他争取利益
Your honor, I'm bringing an action against the zoo for wrongful termination
法官大人 我根据《加州公平就业和住房♥法》
under the California Fair Employment and Housing Act.
以不正当解雇罪向动物园提起诉讼
Kieran Dinescu was fed because he is a vampire.
凯伦·迪内斯库因为是吸血鬼而被解雇
You're contending that vampires are a race?
你认为吸血鬼是一个种族吗
If a Native American Irishman had a baby with an Asian-Latina,
如果印第安爱尔兰混血和亚洲拉丁混血生下一个孩子
what race would that child be?
这个孩子是什么种族
The truth is, it doesn't matter.
事实上这并不重要
What matters is that child deserves protection.
重要的是这个孩子应该受到保护
The distinctions of race exist to protect people
种族区分的存在是为了保护那些
who experience the oppression of being a minority.
作为少数人而遭受欺压的人们
Vampires are a minority.
吸血鬼就是少数人
And Kieran was discriminated against
凯伦因为自己所定义的身份
because of who he is perceived to be.
而遭到了歧视
Mr. Kent, are you asking that vampires
肯特先生 你是请求将吸血鬼
be considered a protected class?
列为受保护人群吗
Yes, absolutely.
没错
You know what, your honor, for the purpose of this litigation,
法官大人 针对此次诉讼
we will stipulate that vampires are a protected class.
我们将吸血鬼规定为受保护人群
We ask only for a brief recess to rethink our argument.
我们请求短暂休庭 重新考虑论据
Well, this ought to be something.
这件案子肯定非同一般
Do you have a second?
你现在有空吗
Of course. Please, sit down.
当然了 请坐
So, I'm a little confused about this amendment.
我对这份修订协议有点疑惑
If my child wants to know your identity,
如果我的孩子想知道你的身份
why would you want to hide it?
你为何想要隐瞒呢
Stacy, someday I want to have a family of my own.
史黛西 我将来也想组建自己的家庭
If your child knows who I am,
如果你的孩子知道我是谁
it could complicate things.
可能会把事情搞复杂
But what if he or she
如果他或她
is curious about where they came from?
想知道自己是从哪儿来的怎么办
You know, I want to be able to tell them
我想告诉他们
that they've got a really awesome dad.
他们有个了不起的爸爸
"Dad."
爸爸
See, you said "Dad."
瞧 你用了"爸爸"这个词
but you didn't get a dad. You got a sperm donor.
但我不是孩子的爸爸 只是个捐精人
That's what you asked for.
你要的只是我的精♥子♥
I wrote up the amendment because
我起草这份修订协议是因为
I-I sensed you might be looking for more.
我感觉你想要的不止精♥子♥这么简单
Right. Okay.
对 好吧
Okay.
好吧
I'm gonna go home and sign the amendment
我会回家签好修订协议
剧集 | 美女上错身(2009) | 导航列表