剧集 | 美女上错身(2009) | 导航列表
Yes.
是的
The thing is the terms of the trust must evolve
关键在于 信托条款必须随受益人的不断成熟
with the maturation of the beneficiary.
而有所改进
Hold on.
等等
Bingum just argued that "The terms of the trust must evolve."
宾格温刚刚提到"信托条款必须改进"
She's no longer challenging me, the trustee.
她现在质疑的不再是我这位受托人
Ms. Bingum is now challenging the trust itself,
宾格温女士现在质疑的是信托本身
and that is a violation of the trust's in terrorem clause.
而这违反了信托的警告条款
What? Paragraph 37, Subsection "B."
什么 第37条第2款
"Any challenge to the trust by a beneficiary
"如受益人或受益人代理人
"Or someone acting on her behalf
对信托提出任何质疑
causes the beneficiary to lose all benefit granted by said trust."
均将使其丧失该信托所授予的一切利益"
Ms. Bingum, Mr. Harwood is correct.
宾格温女士 哈伍德先生说得对
Did you not see the clause?
你难道没看到这个条款吗
Well, I-I thought the fact pattern would distinguish this case.
我以为此类事实构成会让本案有别于其他案子
There are no fact patterns that void an in terrorem clause.
任何事实构成都无法使警告条款失效
I'm sorry, but challenging the trust means
不好意思 但质疑信托意味着
that Ms. Harwood is no longer a beneficiary.
哈伍德女士已丧失其受益人身份
Case dismissed.
案件驳回
Uh, what just happened?
刚才是怎么回事
I'm so sorry, Violet. I think I just...
实在抱歉 维尔莉特 我刚才好像...
I just lost your inheritance.
我刚才害你失去遗产了
You are greedy, selfish, and narrowminded.
你贪得无厌 自私狭隘
I am embarrassed that you are my brother.
我为有这个哥哥感到羞耻
Violet, we need to go.
维尔莉特 我们走吧
Do you think mom and dad would approve
你觉得爸妈会同意你
of how you spend their money? Huh?
这么乱花他们的钱吗
Everybody knows about the milliondollar condo
你给情妇买♥♥了一栋百万豪♥宅♥
you bought your mistress.
这事人尽皆知
If that's how you want to play, fine.
你竟然跟我玩这套 好吧
You're not just cut off.
我不仅不给你钱
I'm going after you under the trust's clawback provisions.
我还要根据信托的收回条款把钱都要回来
What are you talking about? You'll have to pay back
你这是什么意思 你要把从信托里
every dime you've ever received from the trust.
拿走的钱一分不少地还回来
Okay, this is not over. We will file an appeal.
好吧 事情不会就此罢休 我们会提出上诉
Please don't, Jane. You've done enough already.
求你别了 简 你惹的乱子已经够多了
Jane!
简
You missed a standard in terrorem clause?
你竟然漏掉了警告条款中的一条标准
That's basic trusts and estate law!
这可是基本的信托与财产法啊
I was hoping the judge would understand
我之前是希望法官能理解
that I was trying to help a wronged client.
我想帮助这位被冤枉的委托人
You thought a sitting judge would ignore the law
你以为现任法官会因为你做得对
because you were doing the right thing?
就无视法律吗
Okay, when you say it like that it makes me sound like --
你这么说搞得我听起来像是...
Violet. Stop.
维尔莉特 省省吧
My whole life is Shelter House,
庇护之家是我人生的全部
and I am not about to sell it because of your incompetence.
我不会因为你的失职就把它卖♥♥掉
Listen, I am -- I am so sorry,
我实在很抱歉
and I will figure out a way to undo this.
我会想办法弥补过失
No, I just spoke with a good lawyer,
不必了 我刚刚联♥系♥了一位好律师
who said that I can sue you and this firm for malpractice.
他说我可以就玩忽职守告你和这家律所
She's filing right now. What's going on here?
她现在就提起诉讼 出什么事了
Butt out, Tuttle.
少管闲事 塔特尔
Every penny that I owe the trust --
我欠信托的每一分钱
and that's around $5 million -- I will get from this firm.
大约有五百万 我都要让你们律所出
Violet, please, there's got to be something we can work out.
维尔莉特 别这样 我们肯定还有的商量
We can work something out -- in court.
我们可以在法庭上商量
Owen, it's fine. We have malpractice insurance.
欧文 没关系 我们有职业过失保险
It's capped at a million, which means that the partners
保险能赔付一百万 也就是说剩下的钱
could be on the hook for the remainder.
要由合伙人来出
Butt out, Tuttle. Why are you even still here?
少管闲事 塔特尔 你怎么还没走
As Parker's proxy, I can roam these halls freely.
作为帕克的代理人 我可以随意在走廊闲逛
Jane, you do realize that if we lose,
简 你知道吗 如果我们输了
the remaining money comes out of the partners' pockets?
剩下的钱要从合伙人的口袋里掏
Parker is not gonna be happy about this.
帕克知道了肯定很生气
Butt out, Tuttle!
少管闲事 塔特尔
Owen, I-I messed up, but everything is gonna be okay.
欧文 我搞砸了 但这一切都会过去的
Trust me.
相信我
Oh, you want me to trust you?
你想让我相信你
If Kim were here, you'd already be fired.
金要是在的话 你早就被炒了
I will fix this.
我会将功补过的
And when I do, I want you to make me a partner.
等我处理好之后 我要你升任我做合伙人
Oh, my god. Oh, my god.
天啊
You need to have your head examined.
你脑子有毛病吧
Your mistake could bankrupt me.
你的失误有可能让我破产
I am saying, when I can fix my mistake.
我说的是 等我弥补了我的过错之后
Now, I'm gonna go prep my case.
我要去准备案子了
Oh, and you're gonna need to represent me.
对了 你来做我的代理律师
So, Ms. Taylor, you were the flight attendant
泰勒女士 你就是将迪内斯库先生
that had Mr. Dinescu removed from the plane.
赶下飞机的空乘员
You must have felt that he was a threat?
你一定认为他造成了威胁
Yes. He hissed at me.
对 他朝我发嘶嘶声
So, just to be clear,
为了明确 我再问一遍
you felt that he was a threat to passenger safety?
你认为他对乘客安全造成了威胁吗
Yes.
对
I noticed people staring at him when he boarded the plane.
在他登机的时候 我发现大家都盯着他看
And, frankly, he weirded me out.
说实话 他吓到我了
Nothing further, your honor.
讯问完毕 法官大人
So, Ms. Taylor,
泰勒女士
you thought Kieran was going to bite someone?
你认为凯伦要咬其他乘客吗
He was pale, he wore a cloak and a hood up over his head,
他面色苍白 穿着斗篷 头上戴着兜帽
and he had his arms crossed across his chest
双臂交叉在胸前
like he was laying in a coffin, and --
就像是躺在棺材里一样
So you didn't like the way he looked?
这么说你看不惯他的样子
Correct.
对
Do you always remove passengers
每当你不喜欢某位乘客的穿着
when you don't like their clothing?
都会把他赶下飞机吗
Are you the fashion police?
你是时尚警♥察♥吗
He said he was a friggin' vampire.
他说自己是个吸血鬼
Did he threaten you or a passenger?
你威胁你或其他乘客了吗
No. Did he have a weapon?
没有 他带武器了吗
No.
没有
A flight attendant recently removed a passenger
最近有位空乘员赶乘客下飞机
for wearing a "Princess Bride" T-shirt that read
是因为他穿的《公主新娘》T恤上印着
"My name is Inigo Montoya.
"我叫伊尼戈·蒙托亚
You killed my father. Prepare to die."
你杀了我父亲 准备受死吧"
Would you call that a threat?
你觉得这算是威胁吗
I'm not sure.
我不确定
In that case, the court ruled the flight attendant
在那个案子中 法庭判空乘员
overstepped her authority.
超越职权
Now, it's important to be vigilant
有警惕性是好事
but not paranoid or vindictive.
但你不能无端猜疑或有报复心理
I think it's pretty clear the charges against
我认为凯伦·迪内斯库的案子
Kieran Dinescu should be dropped.
显然应该被驳回
Oh, your honor No, I agree with Mr. Kent.
法官大人 不 我同意肯特先生的说法
We're done here. Mr. Dinescu, you're free to go.
我们结案了 迪内斯库先生 你可以走了
Congratulations.
恭喜
What? Vampires don't smile when they get good news?
怎么 吸血鬼听到好消息的时候不会笑吗
I just got a text from my boss at the zoo.
我刚收到动物园老板发来的短♥信♥
I've been fired.
我被开除了
He saw me on the news and told me not to come back to work.
他在新闻上看到我 说我不用回去上班了
I'm sorry. I loved that job.
真遗憾 我很喜欢那份工作
Is there anything you can do to help?
你能帮帮我吗
California allows at-will employees to be fired without cause.
加州允许无理由任意开除员工
How about I call your boss?
我给你老板打个电♥话♥怎么样
See if I can work this out.
看我能不能解决这件事
Ms. Bingum, do you consider yourself a good lawyer?
宾格温女士 你觉得自己是位好律师吗
I do.
是的
You prepare extensively before you go into court?
你在出庭前会做好充分准备吗
I try to, yes. You try to?
是的 我会尽力 你会尽力
剧集 | 美女上错身(2009) | 导航列表