剧集 | 唐顿庄园(2010) | 导航列表
If this is about coming with Lady Mary when you marry,
多谢您的苦心 但问题是
it's very good of you, sir, but you see,
我的未婚夫贝茨先生在这工作 我不能...
my fiance, Mr Bates, works here and I don't think I...
不 不是那件事 虽然这很遗憾
No, it's not that. Although it's a pity.
玛丽小姐很喜欢你
Lady Mary's very fond of you.
谢谢您这么说
That's kind.
是这样
You see...
我非常想让玛丽小姐幸福
I'm anxious to make Lady Mary happy.
当然了 先生
Of course you are, sir.
但要做到这点 我觉得自己
And to that end, I feel I need to know
对她的了解还是太少了
a great deal more about her than I do.
我们国家的习俗实在是很奇怪
Our customs are so strange in this country.
一对夫妇步入婚姻殿堂之前
A couple is hardly allowed a moment alone together
几乎没有独处的时间
before they walk down the aisle.
我不太明白您的意思 先生
I'm not sure I understand, sir.
我希望能更了解她的兴趣所在
I'd like to know more about her interests.
她去了哪里 见了谁 说了些什么
Where she goes, whom she sees. What she says to them.
对不起 先生
Excuse me, sir.
您的意思是想让我
Do you mean you want me to give you
向您汇报玛丽小姐的活动吗
a report of Lady Mary's actions?
这虽然是额外的工作 但我很乐意付报酬
It will be extra work, but I'm happy to pay.
您一定会的
I'm sure.
但我恐怕没有这个时间 多谢美意 先生
But I'm afraid I wouldn't have the time. Thank you, sir.
这当然是由你决定的
It's your choice, of course.
希望你别对玛丽小姐提起这事
I'd be grateful if you didn't mention this to Lady Mary.
我不想她觉得我在查她的底
I wouldn't want her to think I was checking up on her.
我差点穿着无尾礼服下来了
I nearly came down in a dinner jacket tonight.
是吗 怎么不♥穿♥件晨衣来
Really? Well, why not a dressing gown?
或者干脆穿着睡衣算了
Or better still, pyjamas?
这就是原因
That's why I didn't.
我喜欢新的时装 裙子短些 剪裁宽松些
I like the new fashions. Shorter skirts, looser cuts.
以前的衣服倒是合适成天待在躺椅上
The old clothes were all very well if one spent the day
但如果想要做些什么事情的话
on a chaise longue, but if one wants to get anything done,
新的衣服要好得多
the new clothes are much better.
我就打算一直待在躺椅上了
I'll stick to the chaise longue.
奶奶 您一定不会希望
Granny, you don't want things
事情还是回到从前的老样子吧
to go back to the way they were, surely?
我当然希望了 越快越好
Of course I do, and as quickly as possible.
那您呢 爸爸
What about you, Papa?
战前 我觉得我的生活是很有价值的
Before the war, I believed my life had value.
我想我愿找回那种感觉
I suppose I should like to feel that again.
你们见过巴黎女人剪的男式短发了吗
Have you seen the boys' haircuts the women are wearing in Paris?
你不会是也想试试吧
I hope you won't try that.
说不定
I might.
我觉得那不太有女人味吧
I'm not sure how feminine it is.
我还不敢说我就有女人味呢
I'm not sure how feminine I am.
我很乐意地说 非常有
Very, I'm glad to say.
卡森 我总是忘记告诉休斯太太
Carson, I keep forgetting to tell Mrs Hughes
我们收到了一封布莱恩少校母亲的来信
we've had a letter from Major Bryant's mother.
她和她丈夫周五的时候会到约克郡
She and her husband are in Yorkshire on Friday
-她想来我们这里一趟 -为什么
- and she wants to pay us a visit. - Why?
他生前他们最后一次见他就在这里
The last time they saw him alive, it was here.
我能理解她的初衷
I can understand.
他们会在这住下吗 夫人
Will they be staying, my lady?
不会 但我们招待他们用午宴
No, but we'll give them luncheon.
这样他们就能同所有认识少校的人
That way they can talk about the Major
聊一聊他了
with all of us who knew him.
那我就不用参加了 谢天谢地
That lets me out, thank heaven.
你今天真是盛装打扮
You look very fine.
我的衣服都是战前社交季时穿的
Everything I own is from my season before the war.
我打算把它们穿旧一点
I'm trying to wear them out.
-你今天去哪了 -没去哪 在这儿忙来着
- Where have you been all day? - Nowhere. I've just been busy.
我嫉妒你
I envy you.
没了过去两年的忙碌和喧嚣我觉得好单调
I feel so flat after the rush and bustle of the last two years.
晚餐时他们在为以前的时光叹息
They were sighing for the old days at dinner,
但我满脑子里想的都是
but all I could do was think about
我现在对生活的期望要远高于从前了
how much more I want from life now than I did then.
你是说你终于下定决心了吗
Does this mean that you've made up your mind, at last?
还没有 但快了
Not quite, but almost.
什么叫"她什么语气"
What do you mean, 'how did she say it?'
布莱恩夫妇周五会来用午宴
Mr and Mrs Bryant are coming for luncheon on Friday.
-哈克斯比的事情进行得如何了 -挺好的
- How are things over at Haxby? - Oh, pretty good.
建材虽然短缺
Building materials are in short supply,
但理查德爵士有办法解决
but Sir Richard knows how to get around that.
他当然有办法
I bet he does.
你真应该看看厨房♥里的一些工具
Well, you should see some of the gadgets in the kitchens.
还有浴室 我的天啊
And the bathrooms - oh, goodness me!
那就像蒂达·巴拉电影里的东西似的
They're like something out of a film with Theda Bara.
美国女演员
没想到你还知道蒂达·巴拉
I'm surprised you know who Theda Bara is.
我还是了解些新事物的 休斯太太
Oh, I get about, Mrs Hughes, I get about.
但在那里你会开心吗 我就想确认这事
But will you be happy there? That's what I want to be sure of.
如果你是想问我会不会后悔离开唐顿
If you're asking whether I'll regret leaving Downton...
我每时每刻都会后悔的
I will regret it every minute of every day.
我以为我会在这死去
I thought I would die here...
死后仍然游荡在这里
and haunt it ever after.
那就这么做啊
Well, then!
可是 我觉得我能帮上她
You see, I think I can help her.
最初的这几年里 安排妥当很重要
In those early years when it's important to get it right.
如果我能帮上忙 那我就必须去
And if I can help her... then I must.
但愿我能理解你的忠诚
I wish I could understand.
在我看 玛丽小姐是个高傲轻浮的女子
To me, Lady Mary is an uppity minx
她要对自己的不幸负全责
who's the author of her own misfortunes.
你没见过她小时候的样子 休斯太太
You didn't know her when she was a child, Mrs Hughes.
她那时是个小开心果
She was a guinea a minute then.
我记得她有一次来这里
I remember once she came in here,
她那时还只有四五岁大
she can't have been more than four or five years old.
她说"卡森先生 我决定离家出走
She said, 'Mr Carson, I've decided to run away
不知道我能不能拿些银器去卖♥♥"
and I wonder if I might take some of the silver to sell.'
我说"老爷可能会觉得很为难
'Well, ' I said, 'that could be awkward for his Lordship.
要不我给你六便士到村里去花如何"
Suppose I give you sixpence to spend in the village instead?'
"很好"她说
'Very well, ' says she.
"但你一定要记得收利息"
'But you must be sure to charge me interest.'
那你收了吗
And did you?
她亲了我一下就全部还清了
She gave me a kiss in full payment.
对她而言真是桩好买♥♥卖♥♥
Then she had the better bargain.
我可不这么觉得
I wouldn't say that.
您在这呢 休斯太太 他们告诉我您在这
There you are, Mrs Hughes. They said you were in here.
-我能说点事情吗 -当然可以
- Might I have a word? - Of course.
我们要不要去我房♥间
Shall we go to my room?
没什么不能让卡森先生知道的
There's no reason Mr Carson shouldn't hear it.
事实上 我觉得他应该知道
In fact, I think he probably should.
理查德爵士向我提出了一个请求
You see, I've had a request from Sir Richard
我觉得我该告诉你们
that you ought to know about.
你真是熟练
You've done this before.
贝茨 我问你件事
Bates, can I ask you something?
如果我感到腿部有刺痛感
If I started to feel a tingling in my legs,
你觉得这意味着什么
what do you think that might mean?
跟克拉克森医生说了吗
Have you told Dr Clarkson?
说了 他说是幻觉
Yes, he says it's an illusion.
是我凭记忆幻想出来的
Memory of a tingling or something.
但 我知道我脊柱断了
But, I mean, I do know my back is broken.
不能恢复
I understand that I won't recover, but...
但我一直有这感觉 至少我是这么认为
I do keep feeling it. Or I think I do.
如果是我 我会耐心观望
I should wait and see.
如果有好转 迟早会显现的
If something is changing, it will make itself known.
-还有吩咐吗 -没了 谢谢
- Now will that be all? - Yes, thank you.
贝茨
Bates...
请别说出去
Please don't tell anyone.
我不希望斯维尔小姐 我妈妈
I couldn't bear it if Miss Swire or mother or...
或是任何人 因此萌生希望
or anyone started to hope.
剧集 | 唐顿庄园(2010) | 导航列表