剧集 | 唐顿庄园(2010) | 导航列表
A war widow with a pension and rights.
会得到照顾
You'll be looked after.
不算很多
It won't be much...
但我能放心...
but I'll know...
知道你多少也能有些依靠
you've got something to fall back on.
请让我为你做这些
Let me do that for you. Please.
我不能这么做
I can't.
这么做太不诚实了
It would be dishonest.
差不多就是诈骗
Almost like cheating.
这不是诈骗
But it's not cheating.
我们深爱对方 不是吗
We love each other, don't we?
如果我挺过来 我们也会喜结连理
We'd have married if I'd got through it
白头偕老的
and spent our whole lives together.
所以这怎么能算不诚实呢
Where's the dishonesty in that?
他向你求婚了 是吗
He's asked you, hasn't he?
我知道他会的
I knew he would.
你会答应的 会吗
You'll do it, won't you?
我觉得他现在不应该操心这个
I don't think he should be bothering about it now.
那他还应该操心什么呢
What else should he be bothered with?
在这世间你是对他最重要的人了 黛西
You're the most important thing on earth to him, Daisy.
你不会让他失望的对吧
You wouldn't disappoint him, would you?
恐怕牧师也不会同意
Suppose the vicar won't do it?
他可能会等威廉身体好些 能举♥行♥婚礼再说
He may want to wait till William's well enough to go to church.
可这一天怕是永远等不到了
But that time's not coming, is it?
拉维尼娅
Lavinia?
你回来了
You're back.
你还好吧
How did you get on?
我还好
All right, I think.
你呢
How about you?
马修让我回家去
Matthew's told me to go home.
他说不要再见我
He says he won't see me again.
他觉得他要"还我自♥由♥"
He feels he has to "set me free", as he put it.
我说了我不在乎 可是他不听
I've tried to tell him I don't care, but he won't listen.
那就要继续跟他说
Then you must keep telling him.
我知道 可是他不仅是不能走...
Yes, but you see, it isn't just not walking...
今天他说我们不能有夫妻之实
Today he told me we could never be lovers
因为他已经失去能力 我都没有意识到
because all that's gone as well. I didn't realise.
可能稍微有点心思的人都猜得到
It's probably obvious to anyone with a brain,
可我就是没有
but I didn't realise.
不
No.
我也没想到
No, nor did I.
所以他觉得不忍♥心拖累我...
And he feels it would be a crime to tie me down...
或者把任何女人困在无子无实的婚姻中
to tie down any woman to the life of a childless nun.
他觉得我终有一天会为此记恨他
He thinks I'd hate him in the end.
很抱歉吓到你了 但正好你进来
I'm sorry if I've shocked you, but there's no-one else
我也实在没人可以诉说 所以...
I could talk to about it and when you came in, I...
没有吓到
I'm not shocked.
只是不知所措
I'm just stunned...
还有难过
and desperately sad.
如果不能和他在一起 我生不如死
I'll die if I can't be with him.
天呐
Good God almighty!
格兰瑟姆伯爵夫妇的大女儿
The engagement is announced between Lady Mary Josephine Crawley,
玛丽·约瑟芬·卡劳利已与
eldest daughter of the Earl and Countess of Grantham
来自爱丁堡莫林塞得的
and Sir Richard Carlisle,
马克·卡莱尔先生和亡妻之子
son of Mr and the late Mrs Mark Carlisle,
理查德·卡莱尔爵士宣布订婚
of Morningside, Edinburgh.
你就是为这事去找他吗
Is this why you went to see him?
为什么不告诉我们今天会见报呢
Why didn't you say it'd be in today's paper?
-我不知道 -他肯定是征得你同意了吧
- I didn't know. - Well, surely he asked your permission?
征求别人同意就不是他的作风
I don't think asking permission is his strongest suit.
实在是太蛮横无理
That's very high-handed.
不能就任着他这么胡来
You can't let him get away with it.
现在是生米煮成熟饭了
Well, it's done now.
-怎么了 -老爷 威廉婚礼的事
- What is it? - William's wedding, my lord.
如果今日下午能安排妥当
If it can be arranged for this afternoon,
仆人们都愿出席
the indoor staff would like to attend.
还不知道崔维斯先生的意思
We don't yet know if Mr Travis will agree to do it.
恐怕没时间让他犹豫不决了
I'm afraid he has very little time to make up his mind.
这孩子已经快不行了
This boy is in extremis.
我们怎能知道这是他自己的愿望呢
How can we know that these are his true wishes?
说不定是那厨房♥的小女仆
Maybe the kitchen maid somehow hopes to
想赚点油水呢
catch at an advantage?
有什么油水可赚
And what advantage would that be?
比如国家给予烈属的抚恤金
Some widow's dole given by a grateful nation?
崔维斯先生 莫怪我提醒你
Mr Travis, can I remind you?
威廉·梅森在我家当差可说是尽心尽力
William Mason has served our family well.
最后还救下了我儿子
At the last, he saved the life,
继承人的性命 虽说没能保他周全
if not the health, of my son's heir.
现在他临终前想与心爱之人结成眷侣
Now he wishes, before he dies, to marry his sweetheart.
我知道 只是...
Yes, but-
你可别以为我们会允许你
You cannot imagine that we would allow you
为了怕他的遗孀去领抚恤金就阻止他们结合
to prevent this happening in case his widow claimed her dole?
这是当然 可是...
No, but-
我很关心这孩子
I have had an interest in this boy.
我想尽办法让他避过兵役 结果未能如愿
I tried and failed to save him from conscription,
但他的婚礼我是去定了
but I will certainly attend his wedding.
我的话能帮你定夺吗
Is that an argument in its favour?
当然 只是...
Of course, but...
最后 我还要说一点
Finally, I would point out,
你的生计拜格兰瑟姆伯爵所赐
your living is in Lord Grantham's gift,
你的宅邸也是在格兰瑟姆家的土地上
your house is on Lord Grantham's land
连你教堂里供奉的花都是格兰瑟姆家花♥园♥里的
and the very flowers in your church are from Lord Grantham's garden.
勿怪我多有冒犯
I hope it is not vulgar in me
还请你不必顾虑重重
to suggest that you find some way to overcome your scruples.
你还指望他如何吗
But you can't have expected much more?
毕竟那些信皆如石沉大海
Not when those letters all went unanswered.
我也不知道指望什么 但仍然抱有奢望
I don't know what I expected but you can't help hoping.
找到工作了吗
Have you found any work?
只是擦擦洗洗
A bit of scrubbing.
带着孩子 能去的地方不多
There aren't many places I can take the baby.
你怎么跟人家说的
What do you tell them?
说丈夫战死在前线了
That my husband died at the front.
说来也巧
It's funny.
我们新招了个女仆 叫简
We have a new maid, Jane,
是位真正的战争遗孀 还带着孩子
who really is a war widow, with a child,
我们对她还心存敬佩
and we respect her for it.
不过 我们是信了她的说法
But then, we believe her story.
贝茨太太 我一定...
Mrs Bates, I really must insist...
你耍我 还要狡辩吗
You tricked me! Well? Aren't you going to deny it?
当然不 这也是为了保护我未婚妻的名声
Certainly not. I tricked you to protect my fiancee's good name.
你喊她未婚妻 我却能想到别的称呼
That's one word for her. I can think of a few others.
你若是知道好歹 便不要大声说出来
You'd better not speak them aloud if you know what's good for you.
我不要你的钱 也不要合同
I don't want your money! I don't want that contract!
都太晚了
It's too late for that.
我警告你
And I warn you,
要是我在《宫廷通告》之外的地方
if I so much as read her name
读到了她的名字
in anything but the Court Circular,
我都会找到你 毁掉你
I shall hound you and ruin you
让你进监狱 明白吗
and have you locked up. Is that clear?
这事绝不算完 约翰·贝茨逃不掉
It doesn't end here, you know. Not for John Bates.
玛丽小姐也许能逃过一劫 我不在乎
Lady Mary might have got away, what do I care?
但他休想
But he won't.
你转告他
You tell him.
那完全是你自己的事
That's entirely your own affair.
从哪里开始干
Where do we start?
你说了算
You tell me.
老爷 很抱歉
Oh! Your lordship, I-I do apologise.
我以为休斯太太说要打扫这里
I thought Mrs Hughes said we were to clean in here.
你就是新来的女仆吧
You must be the new maid.
是的
I am.
我叫简
剧集 | 唐顿庄园(2010) | 导航列表