剧集 | 唐顿庄园(2010) | 导航列表
Because I'm their colonel, of course.
想必那里会有我的用武之地
Well, there must be some use for me over there.
老兄 我们怎么可能对你那么狠心
My dear fellow, we're not as heartless as that!
这只是个荣誉军衔
The position's only an honorary one.
你没必要亲赴战场
Nobody expects you to go to war.
荣誉军衔
An honorary one?
我们觉得要是郡治安官能来捧场
We thought it'd cheer things up a bit
气氛一定会活跃不少
to have the Lord Lieutenant at our table.
看来我们想得没错 大家都很欢迎你的到来
And so it does. We're very glad to welcome to you here.
原来如此
I see.
我们这帮老家伙自有用处
We old codgers have our work cut out for us
要在国内鼓舞士气 总得有人来做
keeping spirits high at home. Someone must.
-没错 -那是塔克西·卡文迪什吗
- Oh, indeed, sir. - Is that Taxi Cavendish?
我走前得跟他谈谈
I must catch him before I go.
茜玻小姐走得时候挺顺利的
So Lady Sybil got off all right in the end.
恐怕我们得承认 她知道自己想要什么
I'm afraid we have to admit she knows what she wants.
是啊 说得没错
Yes. She certainly does.
估计等战争结束的时候
I don't suppose the war will leave
我们每个人都得经历点什么
any of us alone by the time it's done.
我那天收到了托马斯的信
I got a letter from Thomas the other day.
他写道 当他想起在庄园的日子
He writes that when he thinks about how things used to be,
只觉得恍如梦境
it seems like a dream.
其实还不到两年
It's not much more than two years ago,
他却说感觉像是过了一个世纪
but he says it might as well be a century.
你跟托马斯有联♥系♥ 他还好吗
So you hear from Thomas. Is he well?
带我向他问好
Please give him my regards.
他还好 夫人
He's well enough, M'Lady.
但我想他很想回家
But I don't think he'd mind coming home.
真希望他能回来 奥布瑞恩
Oh, how I wish he could, O'Brien.
当然 如果不是贝茨那么自私
Of course, if Bates hadn't been so bloody selfish,
就该提前打招呼 好让我们有所准备
he would have let us plan for his departure properly.
老爷 我知道了一件我本不该知道的事
Your Lordship, I have information that I have no proper claim to.
什么事
Well, what is it?
如果老爷
Well, if Your Lordship
能够保证保密的话 我可以告诉您
can assure me that you will keep it to yourself?
我保证 卡森 你就别卖♥♥关子了
I promise, Carson. You can drop the last veil.
我觉得应该告诉你
Well, I feel it only right to tell you
贝茨先生离开根本就不自私
that Mr Bates' leaving was not selfish.
-正相反 -我觉得他很自私
- Quite the reverse. - It felt selfish to me.
而可怜的安娜 则被虚假的诺言蒙蔽
As for the wretched Anna, bedizened with dishonest promises.
贝茨先生之所以离开 是因为如果他不走
Mr Bates left because had he not done so,
他的老婆就要让庄园卷入丑闻
his wife was planning to engulf this house in scandal.
丑闻
Scandal?
-什么丑闻 -老爷 我要说的是
- What scandal? - The point is, My Lord,
贝茨太太会令唐顿声名狼藉
Mrs Bates would have made Downton notorious.
想封住她的口 她丈夫就得回到她身边
The price of her silence was her husband's return.
但是我得知道她要说的是什么事
But I must know what story she was planning to tell.
抱歉 老爷 我不能说
I'm sorry, My Lord, I could not speak of it
说了会伤害你 也会背叛我自己
without injuring you and betraying myself.
但你是说贝茨的辞职
But you are saying that Bates fell on his sword
是为了维护我家人的名声
to protect the reputation of my family?
艾瑟尔 你在干什么
Ethel, what are you doing?
晚上清理一下插座
Seeing to the plugs for the night.
什么 -擦擦插座
What? - Polishing the electric plugs
检查受没受潮
and checking them for vapours.
你为什么要干这个
And why are you doing this?
因为你太忙了
Because you were too busy.
她说通常是你来做 但要我今晚代你做
She said you usually did it, but could I manage it tonight.
你说"她" 我想是指奥布瑞恩小姐吧
And 'she', I take it, would be Miss O'Brien?
就寝吧 艾瑟尔
Go to bed, Ethel.
下次她再给你派任务 先来问问我
Next time she gives you an order, ask me first.
-出什么事了 -没事
- Is anything the matter? - Nothing.
只不过今天我发现我不但是个无用之人
Except that today has shown me I'm not only a worthless man,
还是个臭脾气 忘恩负义的人
but also a bad-tempered and ungrateful one.
这我们都知道
Well, we all know that.
我能帮忙吗
Can I help?
我在想茜玻此刻的感受
I wonder how Sybil's feeling.
战争的魔爪伸到了唐顿
The war's reaching its long fingers into Downton
我们的女儿也与家人分离了
and scattering our chicks.
但我很高兴和马修言归于好了
But I'm glad we made peace with Matthew.
是啊 真要谢谢理查德·卡莱尔爵士
I agree. Let us thank Sir Richard Carlisle
在关键时刻分散了玛丽的注意力
for distracting Mary at just the right moment.
顺便提一句 她想让他来这儿做客
By the way, she wants him to come and stay.
好让我们见见他
So we can all meet him.
她想要请一个净靠卖♥♥丑闻挣钱的报贩
She wants us to invite a hawker of newspaper scandal
来庄园做客吗
to stay as a guest in this house?
真是够讽刺的
It's lucky I have a sense of irony.
你怎么也哭了
Not you, too.
怎么了
What's the matter?
干嘛问 你又不关心
Why ask? You don't care.
艾瑟尔
Ethel...
或许你别那么喋喋不休地说你不当女仆后
Perhaps if you stopped going on about all the marvellous things
能做出多了不起的事 情况就会好些
you're going to do when you leave service.
但人总得有梦想啊
But you've got to have dreams.
你没有梦想吗
Don't you have any dreams?
我当然有
Of course I do.
远大的梦想
Big dreams.
只是我现在知道那些梦想无法实现
It's just that I know now they won't be coming true.
-你要干什么 -我好像把书落在这儿了
- What do you want? - I think I left my book in here.
-没事了吧 -你刚刚在祈祷
- Is that all? - You were praying.
别瞎说了
Don't be ridiculous.
你在祈祷
You were praying.
-你在祈祷什么 -出去吧 我累了
- What were you praying for? - Please go. I'm tired.
主啊
Dear Lord,
我不会装作是你虔诚的信徒
I don't pretend to have much credit with you.
我都不确定你真的存在
I'm not even sure that you're there.
但如果你真的存在
But if you are,
如果我哪怕做过一件好事
and if I've ever done anything good,
我求你保佑他平安
I beg you to keep him safe.
你看起来挺舒坦啊 下士
You look very comfortable there, Corporal.
你也来点吗 长官
Would you like some, sir?
我们有压缩的牛奶和糖
We've got condensed milk and sugar.
我就不问你是怎么弄到的了
I won't ask how you managed that.
请吧 长官
Go on, sir.
真是好喝啊
Oh, that's nectar.
你真的不介意跟我分享吗
Are you sure you can spare it?
当然 如果你我能谈谈以前的日子
Gladly, if we can talk about the old days
也好让我暂时忘却这里的一切
and forget about all of this for a minute or two.
你跟谁有联络吗
Do you ever hear from anyone?
是的 奥布瑞恩小姐一直给我写信
Oh, yes. Miss O'Brien keeps me informed.
伊迪丝小姐开车
Lady Edith's driving.
茜玻小姐要当护士
Lady Sybil's training as a nurse.
奥布瑞恩小姐告诉我 医院非常忙
Miss O'Brien tells me the hospital's busier than ever,
伤员不断
with the wounded coming in.
-是真的吗 -是啊
- Is that true? - Certainly is.
我回去的时候 他们为筹款还举办了音乐会
They had a concert when I was there to raise extra funds.
我很好奇 长官
I'm curious, sir.
你认为我有机会调回到医院工作吗
Do you think I could ever get a transfer back to the hospital?
那也是为战争服务
Seeing as it's war work.
你得先从前线被调回去
Well, you'd have to be sent home from the front, first.
之后你还得找找关系
And then you might have to pull a few strings.
谢谢你的款待
Thank you for that.
非常感谢
Thank you very much.
我的母亲会说什么
What would my mother say?
我为未来的格兰瑟姆伯爵奉茶
Me entertaining the future Earl of Grantham to tea.
战争能将重要的事和不重要的事
War has a way of distinguishing between the things that matter
区分出来
and the things that don't.
谢谢
Thank you.
谢谢你助我回家
Thank you for my deliverance.
你认识理查德·卡莱尔爵士吗
Do you know Sir Richard Carlisle?
她的叔叔和我是老友
剧集 | 唐顿庄园(2010) | 导航列表