剧集 | 铁证悬案(2003) | 导航列表
That's the idea. Out with the old, in with the swanky.
你说你是哪来的 维奥蕾特
Where'd you say you're from, Violet?
奥利谷 在莱丁附近
Oley valley, near Reading.
我不喝酒
I don't drink.
我是个作家 得保持头脑清醒
I keep my mind sharp because I'm a writer.
真有趣 我认识的作家
Well, that's funny, 'cause every writer I've ever met
不是酩酊大醉
is fried to the hat
就是昏睡在尼克·巴特比家的沙发上
or passed out on Nick Bartleby's couch.
维奥蕾特 你有"老爹"吗
Violet, you got a daddy?
他死了 我妈也死了
He's dead. And my mother, too.
我是指男人
I mean, fella.
有过 但已经结束了
I did, but that's all over.
男人没一个好东西
The male persuasion are saps, all of them.
我搬来费城
I moved to Philadelphia
因为我偷的车票就是来费城的
because that's what the bus ticket I stole said on it.
你呢
What about you?
我在家时 有一天听到收音机里播一首歌♥
I heard a song on the radio one day, back at home.
那是我听过的最美的歌♥
It was the most on-the-level song I'd ever heard,
一曲结束时 我的感觉完全变了
and when it was over, I felt utterly different.
什么歌♥
What song?
贝西·史密斯的《穷♥人♥蓝调》
"Poor man's blues" by Bessie Smith.
所以我才来这儿 来向好歌♥手卖♥♥我的歌♥
That's why I'm here, to sell my songs to wonderful singers.
贝西·史密斯可是个黑人啊
But Bessie Smith's a negro.
作家要见识世界
A writer needs to see the world.
这不是全世界 只是费城
Well, it ain't the world, it's Philadelphia.
我们今晚在巴特比别♥墅♥就能见识到世界了
We'll see it tonight at the Bartleby mansion.
今晚会很好玩的
It's gonna be the berries.
巴特比别♥墅♥
Bartleby mansion.
你见过那里吗
You seen that place?
能装下25个我的公♥寓♥了
I could fit 25 of my apartments in there.
那些人是美国的皇室
Those people were American royalty.
他们的派对全东海岸都闻名
Their parties were known all over the East coast.
寄宿公♥寓♥的女孩居然能得到这样的邀请
Pretty good invitation for a boarding-house girl.
寄宿于此的女孩
The girls who stayed here
都是年轻的单身女子
would've been single and on the younger side.
派对少不了漂亮姑娘
Ain't a party without cute girls.
巴特比家还有人在费城吗
Any Bartlebys left in Philly?
我知道尼克·巴特比死于狩猎意外
Nick Bartleby died in a hunting accident, I know that,
唯一在世的就是穆丽尔
and the only one that's left here is Muriel.
据说老太太已经很多年没出过家门了
And they say the old girl hasn't left the house in years.
我们能借走这本日记吗
Can we borrow this journal?
我都不该
Well, it's bad enough
让你用手直接接触
I'm letting you touch it with your bare hands.
好吧 避免阳光直射 保持干燥
Fine. But no direct sunlight, and no moisture.
一边品茶 一边听仆人♥弹♥钢琴
就这样度过很多愉快的下午
巴特比家的派对请的都是美女或富人
我正在谋划逃跑
I was plotting my escape,
但却找到了有用的东西
but then I found something helpful.
咆哮的
二十年代
女子监狱协会抄录稿
WPA transcripts.
受访者 金洁·斯文森
Interviewee, Ginger Swensen.
寄宿公♥寓♥日记上提到的名字
Name from the boarding house journal.
给维奥蕾特剪头发的女人
Girl who cut Violet's hair.
罗斯福新政时期 女子监狱协会
WPA, during the New Deal,
付钱请人去采访那些普通人
paid people to do interviews with everyday Joes.
这个金洁就是其中之一 谈了她20年代的事
This Ginger was one of them, talking about her roaring 20s.
"股灾之前 我们尽情享乐"
"Before the big crash, we whooped it up."
这上面说
According to this,
最大的盛会就是那场跨年派对
biggest whoop of all was that new year's eve party.
"我一个朋友
"Where a friend of mine,
一个奥利谷来的单纯女孩
an inexperienced farm girl from Oley valley,
有点喝多了"
had a bit too much to drink."
我的 这是我的家
Mine, it's my house.
你哥哥让你这就去上♥床♥ 穆丽尔
Your brother says to bed right now, Muriel.
真让你说对了 酒是艺术家的好友
You were right about liquor, it is an artist's best friend.
我现在觉得很快乐
I'm full of a certain Joie de vivre.
我想为大家唱首歌♥
I'd like to sing a song for everyone.
那可太好了 唱吧 维奥蕾特
Betty's The Cat's Pajamas. Hit it, Violet.
维奥蕾特
Violet?
诸位
Hello!
这场派对可真好
This is a lovely party.
我要唱一首关于我家乡穷苦农民的歌♥
This song is about poor farmers where I'm from.
希望你们喜欢
Enjoy!
*今早醒来*
*Woke up this morning*
*就剩下一条裙子*
*I got one dress left*
*今早醒来*
*Woke up this morning*
*就剩下一条裙子*
*I got one dress left*
*银行的人说*
*Bank man say I ain't never*
*我永远别想休息啦*
*Gonna get the rest*
*我祈祷甘霖*
*I prayed for water*
*来救救我们的土地*
*I prayed to save our land*
*主啊 我祈求甘霖*
*Lord, I prayed for water*
*来救救我们的土地*
*I prayed to save our land*
*尘埃落下*
*The dust done come*
*无人能助*
*And I can't find a helping hand*
*爸爸已经撒手而去*
*Daddy gone and left us*
*妈妈也已经归西*
*Mama up and died*
*如果不是干渴缺水*
*If I weren't so thirsty*
*我一定会哭出眼泪*
*I'd be likely to cry*
*今早醒来*
*Woke up this morning*
*就剩下一条旧裙子*
*Got this old dress left*
*今早醒来*
*Woke up this morning*
*就剩下这块旧破布*
*This old rag is all I got left*
*我要把它裁成窗帘*
*Gonna cut it into curtains*
*让世界看到我最美的样子*
*And show the world how I look best*
谢谢
Thank you.
-你是... -菲利克斯·斯比齐克
- What's your name? - I am Felix Spyczyk.
新年好 斯比齐克先生
Happy new year, Mr. Spyczyk.
你这是干什么
Hey, what do you mean to do here?
跟我走吧 去个没人的地方
Come with me, someplace private.
你把我当成什么样的女孩了
What kind of girl do you think I am?
喝了太多香槟的女孩
Kind of girl who drinks too much champagne.
把你的脏手拿开 先生
Get your filthy hands off me, mister!
"我们只是年轻的女孩 完全不知道
"We were only young girls with the most vague idea
吸引男人的注意到底意味着什么"
of what catching a man's eye could really mean."
这个斯比齐克在他老板的派对上占女孩的便宜
So this Spyczyk takes advantage of the girls at his boss's party.
或许他的行为产生了后果
Maybe what he did to her had consequences.
而这个后果失去了妈妈 在圣玛丽孤儿院长大了
Those consequences wound up at st. Mary's orphanage without a mother.
菲利克斯·斯比齐克是巴特比家的司机
Felix Spyczyk was Bartleby's driver.
1922年他是这么跟逮捕他的警官说的
That's what he told the arresting officer in 1922.
他因非法持酒被捕
When he's picked up for illegal possession of liquor.
还有28年 频繁出入一家妓院
Don't forget frequenting a bawdy house in '28
25年 持有鸦♥片♥
and possession of opium, '25.
你可不希望这种人在你的派对上接近年轻女孩
Not the man you'd want around the young girls at your party.
该去问问巴特比家人
Be great to ask the Bartlebys about it.
凯蒂和史考特今早去了别♥墅♥ 没人回应
Kat and Scotty went to the mansion this morning. No answer.
家族律师也没回电♥话♥
Family lawyer hasn't returned any calls.
听说你们去巴特比家的事了
Heard about your Bartleby visit.
我发誓在窗帘缝里看到穆丽尔了
Could've sworn I saw Muriel through the curtains.
她总得离开房♥子吧
She must leave the house sometimes.
等着她早上出来拿报纸吗
Lie in wait while she gets the morning paper?
你妈来电♥话♥了 好几次
Your mom called, a few times.
想确保你知道饭店的地址
Wanted to make sure you had the address for the restaurant.
她想让我做她的伴娘
She wants me to be her maid of honor.
拿一顿饭来讨好你
Buttering you up with a free meal.
如果我去的话 至少她不会再打来了
I guess, if I go, at least she'll stop calling.
我们在调查一个女孩的凶案
We're investigating the murder of a girl
1928年她去了巴特比家的跨年派对
seen at the Bartleby new year's eve party, 1928,
菲利克斯·斯比齐克对她动了粗
being manhandled by Felix Spyczyk.
那个时期我祖父做过不少
My grandfather did many things during that period
他并不以为傲的事
that he was not proud of.
剧集 | 铁证悬案(2003) | 导航列表