Eugene?
尤金?
Eugene, it's Dr. Monte.
尤金 我是蒙特医生
Eugene, are you asleep?
尤金 你睡了吗?
No. I was on my way out
没有 我正要出去
and I wanted to see how you were feeling.
顺便看看你的情况
Fine.
我很好
Good. You nervous about tomorrow?
好的 明天的事你会紧张吗?
Don't be.
不要怕
I know you think they won't let you out
我知道 你认为他们不会放你出去
so I snuck a peek at the reports of the doctors
所以我偷看了
that will testify at your review tomorrow
明天做为庭上证明的医生报告
and they concur with my opinion that you're ready to be released from here
他们的意见和我的一样 你可以出去
and rejoin the community.
然后重新加入社会
So...
所以...
why don't we get some sleep and relax
你何不轻松睡个好觉呢?
and I'll see you tomorrow at the review, okay?
我们明天法庭见 好吗?
Let's just keep our fingers crossed.
希望一切顺利
Agent Scully.
史卡利探员
We have reviewed your reports, and frankly, we are quite displeased.
我们看过你的报告 老实说我们非常不满
Irregular procedure, untenable evidence
无正当程序 无说服力的证据
inconclusive findings aggravated by vague opinion.
匿名的证人模糊不清的意见调查结果难以总结
But, sir, the very nature of the X-files cases
长官 这是X档案的性质
often precludes orthodox investigation.
经常要排除正统的调查
Are you suggesting the Bureau adopt separate standards for you and Mulder?
你建议当局对你和穆德探员采取不同的标准吗
No, sir.
不是 长官
You suggesting Mulder obstructs you from proper procedure?
那就是说穆德探员阻扰你以正当程序办案
No, sir. If anything, I'm suggesting
不 长官 我是建议处理这些案件时
that these cases be reviewed with... an open mind.
要用开明的思想
Maybe your mind has become too open.
可能你的思想已经太开明
On X-files cases investigated by Agent Mulder and myself to date
我和穆德探员合力调查的X档案
we have a conviction or case solution of 75%.
破案率高达75%
That's well above current Bureau standard.
远高于当局的标准
And that is your only saving grace.
那是你唯一的可取之处
May I ask, sir, what more you require?
长官 请问你还要求什么呢?
What I require
我所要求的是
is increased frequency of reports
增加报告的次数
conventional investigation.
传统的调查
In short, Agent Scully, it is your responsibility
简单的说 史卡利探员
to see that these cases are by the book.
确保照章行事的查案 是你的责任
I understand. However...
我明白 但是...
conventional investigation of these cases
以传统方法调查这些案件
may decrease rate of success.
可能会降低成功率
Judge: By order of the State of Maryland
根据马里兰州规定
the Court shall review the psychological status
法庭要审查精神病人
of Eugene Victor Tooms.
尤金 维克托姆的状态
We'll begin with the court-appointed expert witnesses.
我们由法庭指定的专家开始
Court calls Dr. Pamela Karetzky.
法庭传召 潘蜜拉 卡勒斯基医生
I performed several diagnostic procedures on Mr. Tooms
我为托姆先生进行多次诊断
in order to determine any organic physiological dysfunction...
目的是 检查组织生理功能是否失常
an electroencephalogram, chromosomal analysis
透过心电图
a computerized axial tomograph.
染色体分♥析♥ 电脑辅助图分♥析♥
All of these were negative.
所有结果都是阴性
Mr. Tooms had recently lost his job.
托姆先生最近才失业
Parenthesis: Baltimore animal regulation dog catcher. Close parenthesis.
他原来是巴尔的摩 动物管理中心捕狗队队员
Aggravated by a false arrest incident with the F.B.I.,
因被联邦调查局探员错逮
his assault on Agent Scully was
而引发 他袭击史卡利探员是
'frustration directed at the wrong person.'
"挫折情绪之下 错误的发洩"
I'm reading from a recent interview
以下这段是我和托姆先生
I did with Mr. Tooms at the Druid Hill Sanitarium.
在狄鲁希尔康复所的访谈实录
Question: If you are released
问题 如果你获释
what is the first thing you would do?
第一件事会做什么?
Answer: I'd like my old job back.
回答 我想做我原来的工作
Question: Why?
问题 为什么?
Answer: The animal shelter
回答 动物庇护所
made me feel I was helping everyone...
让我感到我在帮助大家
people and animals.
包括人和动物
So, you see, what is occurring here is that Mr. Tooms has learned
所以你们可看出 托姆先生已经学会
to articulate his feelings and invest his emotional energy
清楚说出他的感受
towards creative and constructive activity...
把他的情绪能量 和创造能量投入到...
...in himself.
他自己的策略
It is my opinion that Mr. Tooms has had a very excellent response
在我看来 托姆先生
to the months of treatment and therapy.
在这几个月的 治疗反应非常好
I would see no reason why he would be considered
我不认为
of any danger to himself or society.
他对自己或社会有害
Woman: Is the truth,
你能否发誓 你所作的证词皆属实
the whole truth and nothing but the truth?
全部属实 并无虚言?
I do.
我发誓
Mr. Mulder, as an expert witness for the State of Maryland,
穆德先生 作为马里兰州的专家证人
can you list your qualifications?
请逐一介绍你的资历
I'm a special agent with the F.B.I.
我是联邦调查局特别探员
I worked for three years at the F.B.I.'s behavioral science unit
我在联邦调查局行为科学组三年
profiling serial killers.
主要研究连环杀手
Your Honor, I know where he's going with this.
法官大人 我知道他的目的
May I remind the Court Mr. Tooms was placed in psychiatric care
容我提醒法庭 托姆先生进精神康复所
solely for the assault on Agent Scully.
是因袭击史卡利探员
He has never been charged,
他从没受过其他指控
nor has any evidence linked him to any other crime.
也没有证据可证明 他跟其他案件有牵连
Judge: Proceed... with caution.
你可以小心地继续
Myers: Agent Mulder, I understand
穆德探员 我明白
that you've developed a profile on Mr. Tooms.
你依据经验 对托姆先生做了心理侧写
Yes, I have. Please.
是的 请说
These murders span nearly a century.
这些谋杀跨越将近一个世纪
19 homicides...
19宗凶杀案
five occurring every 30 years since 1903
自1903年以来 每30年发生5宗
all in the Baltimore area.
全部发生在巴尔的摩地区
In each case, the liver was extracted
每个死者的肝脏都被取出
and presumably eaten.
假设被吃掉了
A trophy was taken from each victim, many of which were found
凶手从每个死者身上取下的战利品
in the living quarters of Eugene Tooms at 66 Exeter Street.
多数在尤金的住所 艾塞特街66号♥找到
Records show that a Eugene Tooms has resided
纪录显示
at that same address since 1903...
尤金自1903年 就一直住在同个地方
the same year a man was murdered in that building.
同年 同栋大厦里 有一名男子被杀
The most notable element connecting these cases
除了肝脏被取出外 这些案件最明显的关连是
is the undetermined point of entry.
凶手进入屋内的方法不明
Many victims were found with their windows and doors locked from the inside.
很多死者被发现时 门窗都是从里面反锁的
These fingerprints found at seven of the 19 crime scenes
其中在7宗凶案现场发现了 这些长长的指纹
match Eugene Victor Tooms.
跟托姆的指纹吻合
Agent Mulder, look at his fingers.
穆德探员 看看他的手指
Look at him. 100 years old? I contend that perhaps
看看他 他像个百岁老人吗?
through a genetic mutation Tooms is capable of contorting
容我强调 这可能是经过基因突变
and elongating his body to gain access to victims
尤金 托姆有能力扭曲和拉长他的身体
so he may extract the livers which provide him sustenance
以此能力进入死者房♥子 取出其肝脏
for the hibernation period of 30 years.
做为他30年冬眠期的养份
He needs one more victim to complete this cycle.
他还需要一个牺牲品
A preliminary exam revealed abnormalities
托姆被捕时的 初步检查报告显示
in his stride, muscles, and axial bones.
他的肌肉和骨骼构造异常
His attorney blocked further study.
他的律师阻挡进一步研究
I ask you to place the safety...
谢谢你 穆德探员 我请求你 将安全
No further questions.
没有其他问题 法官大人
This is a rare and abnormal human creature who should not be released.
他异于常人... 穆德探员 穆德探员
You may step down.
你可以退席了
If you release Eugene Tooms, he will kill again.
如果你释放尤金托姆 他会再去杀人的
It's in his genetic makeup.
这是他的天性
Would they have taken me more seriously
我如果穿灰色西装
if I wore the grey suit?
他们会不会更重视我说的话?
Mulder, your testimony... you sounded...
穆德 你的证词说得...
I don't care how it sounded, as long as it was the truth.
只要是真的 我不在乎说得怎样
And where were you? Your testimony was important.
你去了哪里? 你的证词很重要
I was called into a meeting by Assistant Director Skinner.
我被叫去开会 是史金纳副总监
What did he want?
他想做什么?
剧集 | X档案(1993) | 导航列表