剧集 | 金装律师 | 导航列表
Unless someone wants it to happen.
二十年前 我把车停在7-11便利店外
20 years ago, I parked my car outside a 7-Eleven.
当我出来时 它已经报废了
When I came out, it was totaled,
我花了整整两年才凑齐一千八百美元
and it took me two years to collect $1,800
那是我丢不起的钱
I couldn't afford to lose.
通过损坏那幅他负责运输的画作
Gavin Andrews stood to gain millions of dollars
盖文·安德鲁斯必然会从中获利
from destroying the very painting he was charged
上百万美元
with transporting.
假如那不是一辆丰田卡罗拉
Now, imagine it wasn't a Corolla.
而是一幅价值高达一亿美元的画作
It was a $100 million painting.
试想一下他们该多不情愿付赔款
Think how hard they'll fight not to pay.
因为这就是保险公♥司♥的德行
Because it's what insurance companies do.
他们推卸责任 称其为不可抗力
They blame someone else. They call it an act of God.
或者直接说 "去你的 有种来啊"
Or they just say, "Screw you. Come and get it."
真♥相♥凿凿 这是犯罪
The truth is, this is a crime,
他应该为此坐牢
and he should go to prison for it.
很不幸我们没法让他入狱
Unfortunately we can't put him away for this,
但我们至少可以让他付出金钱的代价
but what we can do is make him pay for it.
因为他们千方百计地想护住钱袋子
Because they'll do whatever it takes to keep their money.
我们不能就这样让他们逍遥法外
And we're not gonna let them get away with it.
惠勒女士 请传唤你的第一位证人
Miss Wheeler, your first witness.
法官大人 我传盖文·安德鲁斯出庭作证
Your Honor, I call Gavin Andrews to the stand.
我猜你不是很擅长前戏
I guess you aren't big on foreplay.
我喜欢恰到好处的前戏 亚历克斯
Oh, I like foreplay just fine, Alex.
但你说对了一件事
But you're right about one thing.
你等着被我♥干♥♥死♥吧
You're about to get fucked.
安德鲁先生 当飞机减压时
Mr. Andrews, when a plane depressurizes,
国家运输管理局应当启动调查
the NTSB is supposed to investigate.
但在他们开始之前 你就卸了全部的货
But before they could, you cleared out the cargo hold.
为什么要这么做
Why would you do that?
因为留一件价值过亿的艺术品在太阳下暴晒
Because you don't leave million-dollar works of art
是不合情理的
to bake in the sun.
多亏了我的决定 我们有幸救回了大部分
And thanks to my call, we were able to save most of them.
大部分
Most of them.
但维米尔的画却没有
But not the Vermeer.
如果世界上维米尔的作品少了一件
And if there's one less Vermeer in the world,
你的就更值钱了
then yours is more valuable.
很抱歉让你失望了
Sorry to disappoint you,
但我并不想损坏那幅画
but I didn't want that painting destroyed.
我想把它买♥♥下来
I wanted to buy it.
那我们聊聊你其他的艺术收藏吧
Then let's talk about your other art.
五年前 你花八百万买♥♥了一幅雷诺阿的作品
Five years ago, you bought a Renoir for $8 million
但最近出手了 是这样吗
and recently sold it. Is that correct?
-是的 -你卖♥♥了多少钱
- It is. - How much did you sell it for?
比原价要高得多
Considerably more.
你是不是以五千五百万美元的价格
Isn't it true you sold it for $55 million
卖♥♥给了一个飞机制♥造♥商
to an airline manufacturer
而他刚好又签下了你们公♥司♥的飞机制♥造♥
who then happened to win your business?
法官大人
Your Honor,
这违反了我们弃权书的条款
that's a violation of the terms of our waiver.
她使用了保密信息
She's using privileged information.
这本该是保密的 但安德鲁先生的妻子
It would be privileged, except Mr. Andrews' wife
在他们的离婚协议书中揭露了所有的细节
detailed all of this in their divorce filing.
-什么 -他在
- What? - He hid assets
他们的婚前协议书中隐藏了财产
from their prenuptial agreement.
他接受了贿赂并以艺术交易的形式藏匿起来
He took bribes and hid them as art transactions--
不实传闻 法官大人
Hearsay, Your Honor.
是怀恨在心的前妻的一面之词
Allegations from a bitter ex-wife.
这个女人比任何人都了解他
A woman who knows this man better than anyone.
反对无效 威廉姆斯先生
Overruled, Mr. Williams.
离婚协议书的内容是公开的
Divorce filings are publicly available.
安德鲁斯先生 你拿供应商的回扣
Mr. Andrews, you take kickbacks from your suppliers.
背着自己的妻子出轨
You cheated your own wife.
难道你真的认为法官会相信
Do you really expect a jury to believe what happened
维米尔画作的事是个意外吗
to the Vermeer was an accident?
就是意外
It was an accident.
事实胜于雄辩
Well, actions speak louder than words.
事实不仅证明了你做过什么
And your actions aren't just speaking.
简直就是让你的罪行昭彰
They are screaming that you're guilty
我们所有人都能见证
and all of these people can hear it.
该死 我们之前商量好的
God damn it, we had an agreement,
你违反了诺言
and you broke it.
我没有
I didn't break anything.
别跟我玩这套
Don't give me that shit.
离婚协议书的内容没有公开
There's no public record of that divorce filing,
他老婆不可能知道五千五百万那件事
and there's no way his wife knew about that $55 million.
不信你自己去查查
Then go check the filing yourself.
你应该会发现协议书近期被修改过
I think you'll find that it's been recently amended
内容已经公开
and placed in the public record,
所以我没有违反任何条约
which means I didn't violate anything.
好 萨曼莎 你想要公开记录
All right, Samantha. You want public record.
那我就让你看看公开记录
I'll give you public record.
霍福德女士 你没有研究整条产销监管链
Ms. Horford, instead of looking at the whole chain of custody,
而是仅仅关注右舷航♥空♥
you only focused on Starboard Airlines.
为什么
Why is that?
威廉姆斯先生 我们调查了整条产销监管链
We looked at the whole chain of custody, Mr. Williams.
调查了多久 十分钟吗
For how long? Ten minutes?
一小时吗
An hour?
还是调查到
Or just long enough to figure that of
所有你可以起诉的人中
all the people you could sue,
盖文·安德鲁斯是最有钱的就停止调查了
Gavin Andrews had the deepest pockets?
这是污蔑 那不是我们的行事风格
That's insulting. We don't do business that way.
我觉得你会这么做
I think you do,
这也是当盖文·安德鲁斯另寻出路时
which is why you lost starboard Airlines as a client
你失去了右舷航♥空♥这个客户的原因
when Gavin Andrews took his business elsewhere.
这根本无关
That has nothing to do with this.
这与你那一年没得到分红有关
It has to do with you missing out on your bonus that year.
如果你在暗示我可能会
If you're implying that I would use my company
以个人原因利用公♥司♥
for personal reasons--
这不就是你对我客户的指控吗
Isn't that what you're accusing my client of doing?
当高盛分♥析♥师问你为什么丢了
And when an analyst at Goldman asked you why you lost
右舷航♥空♥这个客户时 你说
Starboard Airlines, you said,
"盖文·安德鲁的办事风格会
"The way Gavin Andrews does business will
让他自食其果"
come back to haunt him,"
其实是说你以后会报复他
Meaning you would come back to haunt him.
我不是这个意思
That's not what I meant.
这话听起来就是这个意思
It sure sounds like what it meant.
我是说我们最大的对手
What I meant was that our biggest rival
给他回扣 让他放弃
gave him a kickback to drop--
你有证据吗 不 你没有
You have proof of that? No, you don't,
同样 你也没有
just like you don't have proof
我客户损毁了那幅画的证据
that my client damaged that painting.
你就是报复性地往别人身上泼脏水
All you have is a bunch of smear tactics and a grudge.
反对 作证
Objection, testifying--
我马上说完了
Then I'll wrap it up.
因为你说得对 事实胜于雄辩
Because you were right: actions do speak louder than words.
这就是一场经典的报复案件
And all this is is a good old fashioned case of payback.
我一收到留言就赶回来了
I came home as soon as I got the voicemail.
那工作是我的了
I got the job.
希拉 太棒了 我为你感到骄傲
Sheila, that is fantastic. I am so proud of you.
还有 他们说如果我表现好
And not only that, they said if I do well,
就能让我永久任职
I can have it permanently.
-永久任职 -对
- Permanently? - Yes.
他们在讨论这件事
They were discussing it,
研究委员会的负责人说...
and the head of the search committee said...
路易 怎么了
Louis, what's wrong?
没事 我们不是说好生孩子以后
Nothing, it's just we agreed after the baby,
我先来照顾孩子
I'd do the heavy lifting in the fall,
等你招生季结束之后就来接手吗
and you would take over after recruiting season ended.
希拉 当法学院的院长
The dean of a law school, Sheila,
一年到头都会很忙
剧集 | 金装律师 | 导航列表