剧集 | 金装律师 | 导航列表
一个会撒谎 出轨
and that man would've lied, cheated,
为了目标不惜一切的人
done whatever else it took to get what he wanted,
大多数时候 那个目标是钱
which, most of the time, was money.
如果你要在证人席上这么问我
And if you ask me about that under oath,
我就只能这么说
that's all I'll be able to say.
路易 大家都在这 发生什么事了
All right, Louis, we're all here. What's going on?
古尔德那边行不通
It didn't work with Gould.
我也不想雪上加霜
And I hate to pile on the bad news,
但如果布莱顿让丹妮斯·加洛作证的话
but if Bratton puts Denise Gallo on the stand,
她会说弗兰克·加洛
she's gonna say that Frank Gallo
从来都是爱财如命的人
never did a thing that wasn't for money.
那样就会让我们有买♥♥通他说谎的嫌疑
Which makes it look like we paid him off to lie.
而且如果这样的话
And if we did that,
我们还会有合谋的嫌疑
we'd also be willing to conspire with each other.
这么说我们又回到起点了
Which means we're right back at square one.
这可说不好
I wouldn't say that.
-你在这做什么 伊莱 -我有一个提议
- What are you doing here, Eli? - I'm here with an offer.
把录音带还给我 我会让他同意和解
Give me that tape back, I'll get him to settle.
给我五百万 加上你俩承认自己做的事
$5 million, and you two admit what you did.
-不行 -这能给你省钱
- No deal. - It saves you money.
但我们有可能因此丢掉执照
It also puts us in a position of losing our licenses.
这也是两年来他悬在我头上的利剑
Which is what he's been holding over my head for two years.
我不管 这我不干
I don't give a shit. No deal.
我昨晚认真思考过你说的话
Look, I thought about what you said last night
但要说服汤米 我总得给他点好处
but if I'm gonna convince Tommy, I got to give him something.
签个民事自认书 我们会封存的
Sign a civil admission, and we'll seal it.
要是签了那个 不管你们封不封存
Sealed or not, we sign something like that,
它总有一天会出现在律协
it finds its way to the Bar.
听着
Listen to me.
我和你们一样想了结此事
I want this to go away as much as you,
但我要告诉你
but I'm telling you--
你只能拿到这样的条件了
this is the best you're gonna get.
我本不想这么说的
I hate to say this, but...
但我认为我们最好还是接受这个条件
I think maybe we should take his deal.
我们不能相信伊莱·古尔德
We can't trust Eli Gould.
汤米·布莱顿同样不可信
And we sure as hell can't trust Tommy Bratton.
你是不是忘了
And I think you're forgetting
就算他们在加洛的问题上撒了谎
that they may be lying about the Gallo part,
但你和罗伯特确实合谋过
but you and Robert did what they're saying.
-那又怎样 -所以我们也许
- So what? - So we may have
别无选择 只有相信他
no other choice than to trust him.
我屁都不信
I'm not trusting shit.
因为我现在搞清楚状况了
Because I know what's going on here.
这就回到了唐娜一开始的疑问上
And it goes back to Donna's original question.
你是说为什么汤米·布莱顿这样的人
You mean why would a man like Tommy Bratton
会冒着坐牢的风险来报仇吗
risk going to prison?
答案就是他不会
And the answer is he wouldn't.
他们不过是想软硬兼施来虚张声势
This whole thing is a good-cop-bad-cop bluff,
-我要亲手了结此事 -怎么了结
- and I'm gonna put a stop to it. - How?
黑吃黑
The way you put a stop to any bully.
他们既然要虚张声势 那就让他们知道厉害
You take his bluff, and you shove it down his throat.
真漂亮 这是谁的作品
Those are lovely. Whose are they?
-你说什么 -她是问谁是设计师
- I'm sorry? - She means who designed them,
因为我们知道不是你们的人设计的
since we know your people didn't.
就像你们也没有设计这个
Just like they didn't design this
这个 或这个
or this or this.
我不知道你们是什么人
I don't know who you are,
但这些全部是我们去年春装系列的一部分
but these items were all part of our last spring line,
是我们自己设计的
and we designed them ourselves.
你的意思是 你们抄袭我客户的设计
What you mean is you copied my client's designs,
逼她退出市场 降低价格
then beat her to market and undercut her price.
我懂了
I see what this is...
我见过这种把戏
because I've seen it before.
二流律所的助理律师
And no associate at some middling law firm
可勒索不了我
is going to shake me down.
我可不是什么助理律师 我是资深合伙人
I'm not an associate, I'm a senior partner.
这也不是什么勒索
And this isn't a shakedown
这是在你上庭惨败之前
it's a chance at a settlement
我们给你的一次和谈的机会
before we clean you out in court.
想打官司就打去吧
Then file your suit,
抄袭和灵感之间只有一线之隔
because it's a thin line between theft and inspiration,
特别是在创意产业
particularly in a creative industry
人人都可能有相似的思路
where people have similar ideas all the time.
我的律师已经向我确认过这一点了
My lawyers have assured me of that.
他们是否与您提过
Have they also told you about
约翰逊诉奥林匹亚唱片公♥司♥一案
Johnson v. Olympia Records?
因为有位词曲家可是得到了一千五百万的赔偿
Because a songwriter was awarded $15 million
因为作品被剽窃 与现在的情况非常相似
for plagiarized work in exactly the same situation.
既然判决先例可以跨行业适用
And since precedents can cross industries,
特别是在这些创意产业间
in particular the creative ones...
我们认为给予一千五百万的补偿是合理的
We thought $15 million for our client's designs would be fair.
我们会给你24小时来咨♥询♥律师
We'll give you 24 hours to consult your lawyers.
在那之后 我们就在法庭上见吧
After that, we'll see you in court.
作为律师 我们的职责是为你们赴汤蹈火
As your lawyers, it is our job to go to war for you.
大多数时候 这意味着上法庭
Most of the time that means going to court.
但事实上 法庭是丑恶 腐♥败♥的
The thing is, court is ugly, expensive,
最主要的 还有很大的风险
and, most of all, it's risky.
昨晚萨曼莎和我想到了一个办法
So last night Samantha and I came up with a way
来避免这些
to avoid all that.
我们所说的这幅画
The painting in question
市场价格超过一亿两千万
had a market value of $120 million.
我们提议右舷航♥空♥支付百分之四十五的赔偿金
Our proposal is that Starboard Airlines pay 45%,
但不承担过失责任
with no admission of fault.
说白了就是
Let me get this straight.
明明我们什么也没做错
You want me to pony up $50 million
你却想让我赔五千万
when we didn't do anything wrong?
盖文 这是一种让步
Gavin, it's a compromise.
双方都得付出一些代价
There's got to be pain on both sides.
我怎么觉得我要付出的代价远远大于
Well, I say that's a lot of pain on mine
对方要付出的代价呢
and not enough on theirs.
比起你单独付一亿两千万
And you've got exposure for the full 120,
这个条件已经便宜很多了
so I'd say you're getting a hell of a deal.
我不在乎你说什么
Well, I don't really care what you say.
那我说 要说谁能在这案子上受益
Then I'll say it. If anybody's coming out ahead here,
那是你 你以为我乐意吗
it's you, and I don't like it.
-妮娜 你听我说 -不 我听过了
- Nina, listen to me. - No, I did listen to you--
两天前 你告诉我这个见不得人的混♥蛋♥
two days ago, when you said this shady son of a bitch
是故意损毁了那幅画
destroyed that painting intentionally
并且你会证明的
and you'd prove it.
-不会吧 -"见不得人的混♥蛋♥"
- I don't believe it. - "Shady son of a bitch"--
你就是这么称呼你的前客户的吗
is that how you talk about your former clients?
-盖文 -没错 她就是这么说的
- Gavin-- - Yeah, that's what she said.
妮娜 我们现在把钱的事摆到明面上谈
Nina, this deal puts money on the table now.
你要是不接受 我会坚持上诉到2020年
You don't take it, I will appeal this thing till 2020
不费吹灰之力
and not break a sweat.
假设我们不上诉 其实我们会的
Assuming we don't get it tossed, which we will,
根据我对你和你公♥司♥的办事风格的了解
knowing what I do about how you and your company do business.
我的办事风格
About how I do business?
你就这么眼睁睁地让他说了算
You gonna let him push us around like that?
亚历克斯 这案子你要输了
Alex, this thing is a loser for you.
让你的客户控制一下自己
Get your client under control.
别在我对客户的态度上指手画脚
Don't tell me how to handle my client
是你挑起这件事的
when you started this whole thing.
也别告诉我这个案子会输
And don't talk to me about this case being a loser.
-我们能坐下来谈是你走运 -放屁
- You're lucky we're even in here. - Bullshit.
是你走运
You're lucky we're in here.
我们要是上了法庭 你一定会输的哭爹喊娘
We go to court, and I will clean your clock.
-放马过来 -老娘不怕
- Bring it on. - If only we could.
在我看来 我们上法庭好了
As far as I'm concerned, you can,
因为我实在是受够了
'cause I've had enough of this.
剧集 | 金装律师 | 导航列表