剧集 | 金装律师 | 导航列表
不 先生 我不会听你的
No, sir, I'm not,
因为这个世界已经够糟了
because the world's a shitty place
我不会让它变得更糟
and I'm not gonna make it worse.
我才不管你是不是我老板
And I don't give a shit if you're my boss.
我现在是你的律师
I'm your goddamn lawyer.
你要么就接受我的建议
And you're either gonna take my advice
要么就另请高明
or you can hire someone else.
那你立马叫车 现在就滚蛋
Then call yourself a car, and get the hell out of here.
我会自己处理
I'll handle it myself.
我希望你来是为了告诉我事情办好了
I hope you're here to tell me you got it done.
我再给你最后一次机会
I'm here to give you one last chance.
因为我知道你给彼得·明托打钱了
'Cause I know about the payments to Peter Minto,
毕洛斯也知道了
and so does Billows.
见鬼
Shit.
他知道多少
Well, how much does he know?
我不是来讨论他知道什么
I'm not here about what he knows.
我要讨论的是我不知道什么 因为我问过你
I'm here about what I don't, because I asked you
有没有猫腻 你当着我的面骗我说没有
if something shady is going on, you lied to my face,
而我还没跟你解约的唯一原因是
and the only reason I haven't dropped you yet
唐娜对你做出了承诺
is Donna gave you her word.
你根本就不明白
You know what, you wouldn't understand.
我明白洗钱是怎么回事
I understand money laundering,
了解了你的为人之后
and, knowing the kind of man you are,
我确信你就是在洗钱
it's exactly what's going on here.
你根本一点都不了解我的为人
You know, you don't know shit about the kind of man I am.
那你现在就告诉我
Then tell me right now.
彼得·明托到底给你什么条件
What the hell is Peter Minto giving you
来交换你每月支付一万美元
in exchange for $10,000 a month?
能做你的律师很荣幸 大卫
It was nice representing you, David.
不是他给我什么条件
It's not what he's giving me.
是他给过我什么
It's what he gave me.
这话什么意思
What does that mean?
当时我13岁 身无分文
I was 13 years old. I didn't have any money.
我想抽烟
I needed a pack of cigarettes.
我就从明托商场偷了一包
So I took one from Minto's Market.
然后我一想 我来都来了
And then I thought, you know, while I'm at it,
不如再顺手偷点别的东西
I might as well take a bunch of other shit.
-他没起诉你 -他没有
- He didn't press charges. - No, he didn't.
他让我♥干♥活偿清
But he did make me work it off.
后来我意识到他在护着我
Next thing I knew, he took me under his wing.
听着 我给他钱是因为如果我不给
Look, I gave him that money because if I didn't,
他就会破产
he'd go out of business,
如果我买♥♥不下这栋楼
and if I can't get this building,
他也会破产
he's gonna go out of business anyway.
你为什么不一开始就告诉我这些
Why didn't you just tell me this in the first place?
跟我不想任何人知道这事的理由相同
For the same reason I don't want anyone to know it.
我需要人们相信我是一个冷酷无情的人
All right, I need people to believe that I'm ruthless.
难道你不应该让人们知道你很忠诚
Well, wouldn't you rather have people know you're loyal
而不是让他们觉得你是个混♥蛋♥吗
than have them think you're an asshole?
彼得·明托教会了我如何绅士地做生意
Look, Peter Minto taught me how to do business as a gentleman,
但他濒临破产 而我越做越大是有原因的
but there's a reason he can't keep his business alive and I can.
好吧
Well...
我不认同你的想法
I can't say I agree with you...
但是我会帮你拿下那栋楼
but I'll get you your building.
唐娜 这么晚还没睡
Donna. You're up late.
我还没睡是因为你说
I'm up late because you said
这事现在应该解决了
this thing would be done by now,
而我还没听到你的消息
and I haven't heard from you,
这让我想知道 进展如何
which makes me wonder... how's it going?
我来告诉你进展如何
I'll tell you how it's going.
我不仅没跟亚历克斯增进感情
Instead of getting closer with Alex,
我还让他卷铺盖走人了
I had to send him packing.
什么 为什么会这样
What? How did that happen?
因为我是他的客户
It happened because I'm his client
但我说的话他一句也不听
and he wouldn't listen to a word I said.
听着 我想说一件事
Look, I want to say something,
但是我有些犹豫 因为通常情况下
but I'm hesitant to say it because it's not something
我是不会对经营合伙人说这话的
I would normally say to a managing partner.
说出你的想法
Speak your mind.
我不知道你们发生了什么 但我知道
Well, I don't know what the issue is, but I do know
每次有律师和客户闹翻的时候
when a lawyer and a client have a falling out,
更通常的情况是
more often than not, it's because
客户不听律师的话
the client wouldn't listen to the lawyer,
而不是反过来
not the other way around.
尤其是当这名律师是
In particular, when that lawyer
亚历克斯·威廉姆斯的时候
is Alex Williams.
-说完了吗 -就这些
- Is that all? - That's it.
我希望你的事能顺利解决 罗伯特
I hope you get whatever it is taken care of, Robert.
你还在参与福克斯的案子吗
Are you still working the Fox case?
我相信唐娜告诉了你我还在做
I believe Donna told you I was,
而唐娜从不骗人 怎么了
and Donna's no liar, why?
我要重新接手这案子了
Because I'm back in.
-谁让你改变了主意 -是福克斯
- What changed your mind? - Fox did.
事实证明福克斯支付那些资金是因为
Turns out those payments were because Peter Minto
彼得·明托是他的导师
was Fox's mentor.
他不是在洗钱
He wasn't laundering anything.
他是想拯救那家商场
He was trying to save that market.
所以其实他还真是在做慈善
So he was basically donating to Goodwill after all.
看来是的
I guess he was.
等一下
Wait a minute.
慈善
Goodwill.
-公益 -你想到什么了
- Public good. - What do you got?
任何项目都有公益的要求
There's a public good requirement for any project.
没错 这个项目的公益是建房♥补贴
Yeah, and this one has it covered with the subsidized housing.
因为这样一来 就是他的中国投资商买♥♥单
Because that way, his Chinese investors have to cover it.
你怎么知道这个
How do you know that?
因为我有他们协议的副本
Because I got a copy of their agreement,
如果是住房♥类公益 投资商要承受损失
and if that good is residential, they take the hit.
如果是贸易类公益 毕洛斯承受损失
If it's commercial, Billows does,
而明托商场是贸易类公益
and Minto's Market is a commercial public good.
那么意味着我们只需要告诉那些中国投资商
Which means all we need to do is tell those Chinese investors
他们信赖的合作伙伴在暗中设计他们
their trusted partner's been screwing them.
这样一来毕洛斯要么失去合作伙伴
And Billows either loses his partners
要么自己出钱买♥♥单
or foots the bill himself.
这样就会让他左右为难
which puts him between a rock and a hard place.
他走投无路之下只能把楼卖♥♥给大卫·福克斯
And his only way out is to sell to David Fox.
你看
Look at that.
我们合作得多好
We make a pretty good team, don't we?
可能吧
Maybe.
但唯一的问题是
But the only problem is,
这样一来整个项目福克斯会亏很多钱
it makes this whole project a money loser for Fox.
那又如何 反正他说了他一直在补贴明托
So what? He said he's been subsidizing Minto anyway.
那是私下说的 这是在公众视野里的
Privately. This is in the public eye,
意味着人们会觉得
which means everyone's gonna think
他不是软弱就是愚蠢 我跟你说
he's either soft or stupid, and I'm telling you,
这人最怕的就是这两件事
it's that man's worst nightmare.
你想怎么做
What do you want to do?
-你能联♥系♥上那些中国投资商吗 -可以
- Can you get to the Chinese? - I can.
你去搞定他们 我来搞定大卫·福克斯
You handle them, and I'll handle David Fox.
计划不错
Sounds like a plan.
你确定你能搞定他们吗
Are you sure you can handle them?
你敢打赌我可以
好吧 但你能搞定他们吗
Yeah, but can you handle them?
-又怎么了 -我打过来是想说对不起
- What now? - I'm calling to say I'm sorry.
我失控了
I lost my shit.
事实是 如果我在你的位置上
Truth is, if I was in your position,
可能我和你的感受一样
I'd probably feel the same way.
你不在我的位置上
Well, you're not in my position.
你是我的律师
You're my lawyer.
如果我不听你的
And if I'm not gonna listen to you
继续一意孤行
剧集 | 金装律师 | 导航列表