So, Laira, when's the big show start?
嗨, 拉莱拉 大场面什么时候开始呀?
Soon. Be patient.
很快,有点耐心
Oh, I'm patient... I'm nothing if not patient.
噢,耐心我非常有耐心
When's it start? Is he always like this?
什么时候开始? 他总是这样吗?
Quite frequently. Thank you, Teal'c.
总是 谢谢,提亚克
Laira, we haven't seen any fire rain these past few nights.
拉莱拉, 这几天夜里我们一直没见到 你所说的火雨
How come it's gonna fall tonight? It begins this night each year.
你为什么肯定今天夜里会有呢? 每年都是从今天夜里开始
Whoa... The same night every year? That doesn't make sense.
喔,每年都是同一个夜里? 那就没什么特别的了
Unless the planet's orbit travels through an asteroid belt,
我是说,除非行星轨道穿过一个碎片区域 就像一个小行星带,
in which case...
那样的话
Please! Don't suck the fun out of this.
拜托,别扫了大家的兴致
Sorry, sir. When I was a child, ...
对不起,长官 当我还是个小孩子的时候
my father told me that
我爸爸告诉我说
the fire rain was the tears of our ancestors,longing to be reunited.
火雨是我们祖先期待重逢的眼泪
A falling star. That's, uh...
在我们来的地方,
that's what we call fire rain where we come from.
我们管这叫做流星.
In our culture, you're supposed to make a wish.
在我们的文化里 你应该许一个愿
On Chulak we call it "tal pak ryd".
在恰拉可,我们叫它"塔 帕克 瑞艾".
Which means, uh...
意思就是
falling star.
流星
What do you think, Jack? Was it worth the effort?
你怎么想?杰克 为此等候值得吗?
Oh, yeah... Yeah, I'm a huge fan of fireworks.
噢,当然 我可是烟火的超级粉丝.
Whoa!
哇
Carter... How close was that?
卡特,那有多近?
Close, sir. How big?
很近,长官 多大?
Big. Thought so.
很大 我想也是
I was... rather concerned for a minute there, sir.
我非常关注那一瞬间,长官
I don't understand. Laira, that's what we call a near miss.
我不明白 拉莱拉, 我们管那叫做"擦边球"
If that had struck instead of bouncing off of the atmosphere...
如果那个流星撞击到地面上 而不是掠过大气层的话
This is an annual event? Yes.
这是每年都有的现象吗? 是的
Though it grows more spectacular every year.
不过每年都越来越壮观
By tomorrow evening the entire sky w...
到明天晚上,整个天空将
What's wrong?
怎么了?
I'll make some more observations tonight, sir.
今晚我要再观察一下,长官
I'm gonna check the, uh... geological record in the morning.
早上我得去查一下地质资料
I'll... make a wish.
我要许个愿
Stargate.SG1-s03e17.A.Hundred.Days
第三季第17集 百日之期
See this bright dot? It represents your world, Edora.
看见这个亮点了吗? 它代表你的世界, 艾朵拉
It orbits your sun in a big circle like this...
现在,它在一个很大的轨道上 围绕着你们的太阳旋转,就像这样
and crosses through an asteroid belt up here at its widest point.
它会穿过一个小行星带的最宽处
As you pass through the particles,
当你们经过数百万的微小陨石和碎块时
some of them burn up in Edora's atmosphere.
其中一些会在艾朵拉的大气中燃烧
As fire rain. Exactly.
成为火雨 正是
The problem is, the asteroid belt isn't uniform.
问题在于这个小行星带是不规则的
So certain orbits in certain years
所以在特定年份围绕特定轨道运行
must pass through a denser debris field.
你们一定会经过一个碎片密集的区域
Ever remember fire rain striking the ground?
你记得曾有火雨撞击地面吗?
Not in my lifetime. Nor in my father's.
我这辈子没有,我爸爸也没有
But there is a tale of the ancestors.
可是有一个祖先的传说
That on the second day of the fire rain there was a distant thunder, ...
在火雨出现的第二天 从远处传来雷声
and the horizon burned as though the sun never set.
地平线那端燃烧起来 就像太阳永远不落一样
How long ago was that? Many, many years ago.
那是多久以前? 很久很久以前
Mornin', campers. Who's goin' on Daniel's little geology field trip?
早上好,露营者们 谁要参加丹尼尔的小小地质实地考查?
Garan!
伽蓝
He can show you the way to the caves.
伽蓝可以带你们去洞穴
He and a young girl go there from time to time. I don't know why
他和一个小女孩常去那儿 可我不知道为什么
Mother!
妈妈!
Fair day, and be well.
天气不错,保重
Sir, I'd like to go back to Earth
长官,我想返回地球
and input the data I collected into the mainframe.
把我昨晚观测收集到的数据输入主机
Go ahead.
去吧
Fair day, Laira. Fair day.
天气不错,拉莱拉. 天气不错
I'm sure you want to discuss the treaty.
我想你肯定想讨论一下
Between our two worlds.
我们两个世界间的协定
Sure... We could do that.
确实,是该讨论一下
The decay rate differential between the layers of naqahdah
根据不同的衰减率,我推断那夸达的各层间
is about 150 years...
相隔150年,可能有点小误差,所以
What's naqahdah? A mineral substance.
那夸达是什么? 一种矿物质
You see, the further down these striations we go, ...
你们看,越到岩石纹路的底层
the further back into Edora's past we travel.
代表艾朵拉越古老的过去
These layers are different.
这些岩层是不同的
They represent naqahdah dusts thrown up by impact events.
它们说明那夸达尘埃是受到撞击后产生的
Cool.
好酷啊
Uh... J-Jack says that.
哦杰克总这么说
Yes, he does.
是的,他就这样
I'm not really sure that, uh, "cool" applies to this.
我不确定"酷"这个词是否适用于此
You see, something like this happened on my world
要知道,类似与此的事情数百万年前发生在 我的世界,
and nearly wiped out all life.
几乎所有的生命都灭亡了
That's what's gonna happen here? We only know it has happened...
这样的事也会在这里发生吗? 我们只知道曾经发生过
in varying degrees of destruction every 150 years or so.
每隔150年左右会造成不同程度的损害
And it appears that is precisely the amount of time since the last impact.
看起来从上次撞击到 现在正好隔了这么长的时间
I see no reason to withhold the truth from these people, Daniel Jackson.
我觉得没有理由不让这些人知道事实 丹尼尔杰克森
Is there anything we can do to stop it?
我们能做什么来阻止它吗?
No.
无能为力
According to the observations I made, the near miss was just the first...
根据我昨晚的观测 我们经历的"擦边球"仅仅是
of hundreds of car-size asteroids directly
位于艾朵拉,P5C-768轨道途中
in the path of Edora, P5C-768.
数百个汽车大小的小行星中的第一波
The night sky is full of them. We can't evacuate an entire planet.
整个夜空中布满了小行星 我们不可能疏散整个星球,少校
These are the only descendants of a people brought to Edora
据我们所知,他们是数千年前勾阿呜带去的
by the Goa'uld thousands of years ago.
艾朵拉的人类族群的仅存后裔
There may only be a small number of strikes locally.
这次也许只是在局部地区的小规模撞击
If that's the case, we can send them home in a few days.
如果是这样的话 我们几天后就可以送他们回家了
If not, we'd be saving the last of a people, sir.
如果不是,那我们就是在挽救这个族群 最后仅存的人,长官
Paynan. This is Jack.
佩能. 这是杰克
They say you've come through the stone ring.
他们说你们是穿越一个石环来的
Hard thing to ask a man to believe.
真让人难以相信
I know what you mean.
我明白你的意思
Any luck?
运气如何?
There is nothing more than meets the eye here.
这里除了眼前看到的这些别无其它
Our fields, those few buildings... Our children.
我们的土地 寥寥无几的建筑我们的孩子
What we have, we need.
我们所拥有的,我们所必需的
We're only interested in fair trades.
我们只对公平交易感兴趣
Many of my people are most curious to know what it is we have...
我们很多人都急切的想知道我们有什么东西
that you could possibly want.
是你们想要的
Well, you remember how excited Carter got the day we got here?
哦,还记得我们刚到那天卡特兴奋的样子吗?
Something in our soil.
是我们土地上的某种东西
That's a mineral called naqahdah.
那是一种叫做那夸达的矿产
We don't have it on Earth. It's... Well, it's very important to us.
地球上没有.哦这对我们很重要
Why?
为什么?
It's powerful.
它蕴含着强大的能量
And in return for taking this naqahdah from our soil?
作为从我们这里带走那夸达的回报是什么?
There are a lot of things we could help you out with.
我们可以帮助你们解决很多事情
Medicine, technology, education. We'd become friends.
医药,科技,教育 我们会成为朋友的
We're already friends.
我们已经是朋友了
Closer friends?
亲密的朋友?
My mother taught me to be wary of men wishing to be closer friends.
我妈妈跟我说要当心想和你成为亲密朋友的人
If you'd like, I'll negotiate this treaty with her.
哦,如果你希望的话 我会和你妈妈商议这个协定
That way there'd be no conflict of interest.
那样就不会有利益冲突了
I've never seen the fire rain in the light of day.
我从没在白天看到过火雨
Anybody else see that? This is Carter, sir. I did.
有其他人看到了? 是卡特,长官,我看到了
I think it's just the beginning, sir.
我想这只是开始,长官
Look at this.
看这个
It's a cooking utensil.
是个烹饪用具
Which probably means people spent time here.
很有可能有人在这里住过
Perhaps this cave allowed some Edorans
可能是这个洞穴让少数艾朵拉的人
to survive the last meteor bombardment.
在上次流星撞击中幸免于难
The ancestors.
我们的祖先
Teal'c, Daniel. Back to the village, ASAP.
提亚克,丹尼尔,尽快返回村庄
Understood, O'Neill.
明白,欧尼尔
Folks, we think the fire rain is gonna start hitting the ground soon.
大伙听着,我们觉得火雨很快就要撞击大地
剧集 | 星际之门 SG-1(1997) | 导航列表