剧集 | 灵媒缉凶(2005) | 导航列表
很感谢你在精神上的支持 不过我没问题的
I'm appreciate the moral support, but I'm fine.
Ariel我半小时之内到那儿
Ariel, I'll be there in a half an hour.
爱你
Love you.
我猜你是想去看
And I bet you were looking forward
我的开庭陈述 是不是?
to my opening statement, weren't you?
说实话 的确是的
Actually, I was.
Imelda Vizcaina在一个偏僻小镇上长大
Imelda Vizcaina grew up in a remote town
在萨尔瓦多的群山之中
in the mountains of El Salvador...
非常小的镇子 甚至没有供电
a town so small it had no electricity.
然而 这限制不了
There was nothing small, however,
那姑娘对能够过上好日子
about this young woman's hopes and dreams
希望和梦想
for a better life.
而恰恰是这些希望和梦想
And it was those very hopes and dreams
被被告人Sean Redburn
that the defendant, Sean Redburn,
如此残忍♥的利用了 他引诱她来到城市
so cruelly exploited when he lured her to this country
假意许诺给她一份工作 让她过上好日子
with the promise of a job-- of a better life.
但当她来到这里 她发现事情和他所说有天壤之别
What she found when she got here was something quite different.
她面对的是一个把她当作性玩物的男人
What she found was a man who was sexually obsessed with her,
一个要控制她一举一动的男人
a man bent on controlling her every move...
一个以遣返
a man willing to use threats of deportation,
暴♥力♥ 乃至死亡相威胁
threats of violence,
以便能将她
and even the threat of death...
控制于股掌之间的男人
to keep her under his thrall.
在接下来的几天之内
Over the next few days,
我们会出示无可辩驳的证据
we will present overwhelming evidence
来证明Redburn先生在一时盛怒之下 杀害了Vizcaina小姐
that Mr. Redburn murdered Ms. Vizcaina in a fit of anger,
凶器是她自己厨房♥里的一把刀子
using a knife taken from her own kitchen.
我们会出示证明作案动机
We will present evidence of motive,
表明作案手段 以及作案时机三方面的证据
evidence of means, and evidence of opportunity.
我们不能出示的 或者说 我们无法出示的
What we will not present, what we cannot present,
是Vizcaina小姐的尸体
is Ms. Vizcaina's body.
毫无疑问 辩护律师会抓住这个事实不放
The defense will undoubtedly make much of this fact.
没有尸体 无法定罪
No body, no crime.
你们将不停的听到这句话
You're going to hear that over and over again,
但是那根本不是事实
but it's simply not true.
找不到尸体 不代表谋杀没有发生
The absence of a corpse does not mean there was no murder,
只能说明杀人犯干得很漂亮
it simply means that the murderer did his job well,
而他的律师则会要求你们因此而奖励他
and his lawyer would have you reward him for that
将他无罪释放
with an acquittal.
我会要求你们将此视为证据
I would ask you to look at it as evidence
来证明他的罪行的冷血无情和精心设计
of the cold and calculated nature of his crime.
你们可以拨乱反正
You can right this wrong.
你们可以还她个公道
You can give her justice.
谢谢
Thank you.
Watt先生 你有什么开庭陈述吗?
Mr. Watt, do you have any opening remarks?
是的 法官大人
I do, Your Honor.
女士们 先生们
Ladies and gentlemen.
凭心而论 我很迷惑为何Devalos检察官
To be honest, I'm mystified why District Attorney Devalos
要将这件案子推上法庭
has even brought this case to trial.
那么 我为什么要这么说呢?
Now, why do I say that?
让我们从真♥相♥开始着手分♥析♥
Let's start with the fact that the investigation
对Imelda Vizcaina谋杀案的调查
into the murder of Imelda Vizcaina
一直没有发现她的尸体
has never resulted in the discovery of a body.
让我们再重申一遍
Let me say that again.
没有 发现 尸体
There is no body.
这是为什么呢?
And why?
因为这场犯罪根本是子虚乌有
Because there was no crime.
坦白讲 这里面唯一的罪行
Frankly, the only crime
是对我的客户名誉的中伤
is to my client's reputation.
而始作俑者正是检察官自己
And the perpetrator is the D.A. himself.
关于他可能的动机 我只能猜测
As to what his motive might be, I can only speculate...
够了 Watt先生
All right, Mr. Watt.
Devalos先生不是来受审的
Mr. Devalos is not on trial here.
抱歉 法官大人
I apologize, Your Honor.
只不过这勾起了我的怒火
It's just that it makes me angry.
这让我愤怒 因为国家把纳税人的钱用在
Makes me angry that the state would spend the taxpayers' money
起诉一桩我甚至不认为它发生过的案件上面
prosecuting a crime that I don't believe was ever committed.
怎么能直接得出某人已死的结论
Why leap to the conclusion that someone is dead
你都没有排除这个可能性
if you haven't ruled out the possibility
如果他们只是去了某个地方而没有告诉任何人
that they just went somewhere without telling anyone.
有没有人查过?
Did anyone check?
有没有人去查过Vizcaina小姐可能去的地方?
Did anyone try to find out where Ms. Vizcaina might've gone?
就我们所知道是她决定要离开这个国家
For all we know, she decided to leave this country
去了遥远的山村定居
and go back home to the remote mountain town
这是地方检察官诗话般的描述
that the district attorney so poetically described.
现在要找她真不容易 不过
Now, it wouldn't be easy to track her down there, but,
如果有人试试看的话 就知道 或许能发现些什么
if someone tried, who knows what they might discover.
我应该知道
I should know
因为那正是我已经做的
because that's exactly what I did.
我试了
I tried.
你肯定猜不到我发现了什么
And you'll never guess what I found.
各位陪审团的女士们先生们
Ladies and gentlemen of the jury,
请允许我传召Imelda Vizcaina上庭
may I present to you Imelda Vizcaina.
还活着?不可能
Alive? That's impossible.
当然可能
Apparently not.
但是厨房♥里失踪的刀具怎么回事?
But what about the missing kitchen knife?
血迹又是怎么回事? 还有
What about the blood? What about...
她还活着 Allison
She's alive, Allison.
我亲眼见到她的 她还活着
I saw her with my own eyes. She's alive.
她不可能还活着
She can't be.
但她确实活着
But she is.
我们起诉的是一个无辜的人
We prosecuted an innocent man.
证据所揭示的并非我们所认为的那样
The evidence didn't mean what we thought it meant.
我们错了 全错了
We got it wrong. All of it.
对不起 先生
I'm so sorry, sir.
我是根据你所告诉我的来分♥析♥这个案子 Allison
I based this case on what you told me, Allison.
是你告诉我Imelda Vizcaina已经死了
You told me Imelda Vizcaina was dead.
是你告诉我她给你托梦
You told me she was sending you dreams.
我想是这样的
I thought she was.
我们还有个问题
We have another problem.
在法官驳回本案之后
After the judge dismissed the case,
Watt律师举♥行♥了一个新闻发布会
Attorney Watt held a press conference.
他影射了其中的原因
He insinuated that the reason
我跟他打这个官司
I went ahead with this prosecution,
我坚持去尝试的原因
the reason I insisted on bringing it to trial,
就是因为我有个灵媒手下
is because I have a psychic in my employ.
一个可以和死者对话的女人
A woman who talks to the dead.
一个可以在梦中看见真♥相♥的女人
A woman who sees things in her dreams.
哦 不
Oh, no.
人们开始质问 Allison
People are starting to ask questions, Allison.
哦 她还在那儿
Oh, she's still here.
给我们些时间 求你了
Give us another minute, please.
好吧 不过我们得提前作点准备
All right, but we do need to get ahead of this thing.
副市长在这儿是因为她听到的跟我一样
The Deputy Mayor is here because she's hearing what I'm hearing.
我们现在是被调职或解职的是非包围
We're about to be hit by a dozen or so Motions to Dismiss.
我不敢肯定 我反正跟着你
I'm not sure I'm following you.
镇上的辩护律师都想知道
Every defense lawyer in town is trying to find out
我的灵媒和证明他们客户有罪有什么关系
if "my psychic" had anything to do with convicting their client.
在过去两年里我所起诉的案子
Every case I've prosecuted for the past two years
都可能要被重新调查
is going to be re-opened and re-examined.
而且极有可能
And there's a very real possibility
这些调查结束的时候 一些罪大恶极之徒
when it's all over, some very bad guys
都将可以大摇大摆的走出监狱
are going to be handed get-out-of-jail-free cards.
地方检察官先生
Mr. District Attorney...
Allison 我相当肯定
Allison, I'm fairly certain
市长会要求我递交辞呈
that the mayor is going to ask for my resignation.
他已经很清楚地表明一件事
The one thing he's already made abundantly clear
就是我们的专业联盟 你和我的 结束了
is our professional association, yours and mine, needs to end.
就在今天 此时此地
Today. Here. Now.
呃
JOE: Al...
剧集 | 灵媒缉凶(2005) | 导航列表