剧集 | 吉尔莫女孩(2000) | 导航列表
- Woodbridge那边的Harrington - 好地方
- Harrington's in Woodbridge. - Nice.
他们想让我每周当四晚的主厨
They want me to be their executive chef four nights a week.
天 我无法想象在其他地方工作 我的Lorelai又不在身边!
God, I can't imagine working someplace else. And without my Lorelai!
就几个月 等Dragonfly客栈开张 就好了 是吧?
But it's only a few months until the Dragonfly opens, right?
- 你还没跟她说 - 说什么?
- You haven't told her yet. - Told me what?
- 我在等适合的时机 - 跟我说什么?
- I was waiting for an opportunity. - To tell me what?
看来就是现在了
Which apparently is right now.
亲爱的 你听我说
Okay, hon, listen.
我们不准备买♥♥Dragonfly了
We're not buying the Dragonfly.
- 什么? - 时机不适合
- What? - It's just not the right time.
- 你疯了吗? 现在时机刚好 - 不是的
- You're crazy. It's the perfect time. - Not really.
如果你不买♥♥ 别人会抢先一步的 你自己告诉我的
But if you wait, someone else is gonna buy it. You said so yourself.
我先走了 对不起 不该提这个的
I'm gonna go, guys. Sorry to spill the beans.
没事 回头见
That's okay. I'll see you later.
妈 为什么不买♥♥了?
Mom, why put it off?
我知道独♥立♥旅店关了之后是很费钱
I mean, I know the Independence Inn closing is a setback.
很费钱
Big one.
但我们有外公的资金来源 足够买♥♥Dragonfly客栈了
But we've got the rest of Grandpa's money, that's plenty to buy the Dragonfly Inn,
我们可以省吃俭用 等客栈有起色了再说
and we'll just scrimp on everything until it's all up and running and successful.
那要省吃俭用得很厉害才行
It would take a lot of scrimping.
我是个省吃俭用专家 可以组队参加奥♥运♥的
Well, I'm a master scrimper. I would make the Olympic scrimping team.
- 我就是这么强的 - 亲爱的 我们没能拿到耶鲁的助学金
- I'm that good, boy. - Honey, we didn't get financial aid for Yale.
- 什么? - 没有奖学金 没有贫困生助学金
- What? - No scholarships, no hardship money,
没有学费打折 没有礼品卡 什么都没有
no money-off coupons, no gift certificates, nothing.
我不懂 怎么回事?
I don't understand, what happened?
最讽刺的是 是你外公给的钱
Well, irony of ironies, the money I got from your grandpa
让我们失去助学金资格 因为那笔钱让我们看起来很富裕
took us out of the running for financial aid 'cause it made it look like we have money.
那把证据发给他们看啊 银行证明或者外公写的说明信
Well, send them proof - a bank statement, a letter from Grandpa.
给这张沙发拍张照
Here, take a picture of this couch -
谁看了都不会觉得我们家有钱的
no one will think we have money after looking at this couch.
- 能试的我都试了 我发誓 - 你怎么早不告诉我?
- I tried everything, I swear. - Why didn't you tell me this?
你那么忙 期末考啊什么的
With everything that's going on, finals and all your personal stuff,
- 不想让你操心 - 但是外公的钱
- I didn't want you worrying. - But Grandpa's money -
- 是用来付耶鲁学费的 - 绝对不行!
- Is paying for Yale. - No! No way!
我会从银行里面借学生贷款的 银行就是派这个用处
I'll take a student loan out from the bank. That's what banks are for.
亲爱的 我不想你一毕业就背一屁♥股♥的债
Honey, I don't want you to be buried by loans the day you graduate from college.
那我就去学可以一毕业马上赚钱的专业
then I'll major in something that'll immediately make me a lot of money
比如商业或者工程
when I graduate. I'll major in business or engineering.
不能因为我缺钱就让你放弃新闻学
You are not changing your major from journalism because of my lack of money.
是我们都缺钱
It's our lack.
听着 你可以在没有赚大钱之前
Look, if you need to work as a low-paid intern for a magazine
去报社当个实习生 或者给某个小镇的报社当兼♥职♥
or a stringer for some small-town newspaper
哪怕是去梳理Tom Brokaw的假发
or Tom Brokaw's toupee comber-outer
我都没有意见 这是你的必经之路
before you make real money, then that's what you'll do.
- 一定有其他办法的 - 我试过了 真的没有
- There has to be another way. - I've looked. There's nothing.
对你太不公平了
This is so not fair to you.
总有一天我会自己开客栈的 我保证 但是现在 耶鲁最重要
I'll have my own inn one day, I promise. But Yale comes first.
- 你要去干嘛? - 骂上帝去
- What are you gonna do now? - Rail at God for awhile.
记得跟她打个招呼
Tell her I said hi.
那些说好帮我们一夜之间 整理好行李的侏儒哪里去了?
What happened to our packing elves who were gonna pack our packs over night?
这件算什么?
How about this?
你这么讨厌我亲手做的裙子啊?
You hate the dress I made you that much?
不是毕业典礼 是去欧洲穿的
Not for graduation, for Europe.
它完美极了 黑色 耐脏 也看不出褶皱
Oh, it's perfect. It's black so it won't show dirt or wrinkles,
你穿上这条裙子 再弄点忧郁表情在脸上 貌似在思考布尔什维克一样
and if you wear it with a moody look on your face like you're thinking of Bolsheviks,
人家就会以为你是西蒙波娃了 装箱
they'll mistake you for Simone de Beauvoir. Pack it.
- 太沉了 - 这是个恶作剧吗?
- It's too heavy. - So, was that a trick question?
咱俩都要去掉点行李
We both need to cut weight from our packs.
我在搞呢
I am doing my part here.
你不需要5双靴子的
You don't need five pairs of boots.
你少带几本书 我就少带几双靴子
I'll drop some boots if you drop some books.
- 我不舍得把书去掉 - 你也不能带12本书啊
- I can't drop books. - You can't bring twelve books.
那你也要少带些内衣
You also need to cut your undergarments.
别忘了 我们可以每过几天 就用轻柔漂洗把内衣洗出来的
Don't forget, we'll rinse in Woolite every few days.
越说越糟了
This is going to an uncomfortable place.
还有你那三大支全新牙膏
And your toothpaste - you have three full tubes.
- 怎么样? - 为什么要三支?
- So? - Why three?
要是我弄丢一支 就可以有另外一支备用了
If I lose one, I'll have another to take its place.
你要带三支牙膏的话 我就带12本书和一本字典
If you're bringing three tubes of toothpaste, I am bringing twelve books plus a dictionary.
那我就带一加仑的水银
Then I'm bringing a gallon of mercury
据说是世界上密度最大 重量最重的物质了
which is one of the densest and heaviest substances known to man.
- 我觉得咱们快达成共识了 - 取消欧洲行
- I think the writing's on the wall here. - Cancel Europe.
我要走了 爱死这条毕业典礼裙了
I've gotta run. I love my graduation dress.
我看出来了
I know.
嘿 不去欧洲多可惜啊?
Hey, it's a shame about Europe being canceled, huh?
没事 欧洲也没有那么好啦 可惜吃不到芝士了
That's okay. It's not supposed to be that great anyway, except for the cheese.
- 用我的9本书换2支牙膏 - 成交
- Nine books for two toothpastes. - Deal.
- Emily 是谁呀? - 我不知道Richard
- Who is it, Emily? - I don't know, Richard.
我的透视眼现在暂停工作了
My x-ray vision isn't working at the moment.
你是不是在等某个客人?
I was wondering if you were expecting somebody.
我谁都没有约
I wasn't expecting anybody.
- Rory - 外公外婆好
- Rory. - Hey Grandma, hey Grandpa.
今天这么忙 你来做什么?
What brings you here on this busy day?
有些十万火急的事情找你们商量
I have sort of a time-sensitive issue I need to talk to you about.
十万火急? 进来吧
Time sensitive. Well, come in, come in.
我们正在准备去你的毕业典礼
We were just getting ready for your ceremony.
我的领结都重系第三次了
And I was just retying my tie for the third time.
不管我领结系了多少次 总有地方感觉系得不好
No matter how many times I tie a tie, there's always room for error.
这不是精密科学 对吧?
It's not an exact science, is it?
也算不上艺术 啥都不是
Nor an art form. It's pretty much nothing.
请坐
Sit down, please.
好.
All right.
- 我们该紧张吗? - 不用不用 我倒是有一点
- Should we be nervous? - No, you shouldn't be. I am a little.
怎么了?
Well, what is it?
- 我需要用钱 - 你需要用钱
- I need money. - You need money.
- 为了上耶鲁 - 你需要钱上耶鲁
- For Yale. - You need money for Yale.
- 不要重复她的每句话 - 对不起 我在思考
- Stop repeating everything she says. - I'm sorry, I'm processing.
说来话长 我们没有其他经济来源
Look, it's a long story, but no other financing came through
我们有的其他出路又...不怎么理想
and all of the other options that Mom and I have are just... well, not good enough.
你们看这样行不行 我想跟你们借耶鲁四年的学费
So here's the offer - I would like for you to loan me the money for four years at Yale,
我会做兼♥职♥ 分期还钱给你们
and in return I will get a part time job and pay you in installments.
我会在毕业之后继续还钱的
I will continue this payment schedule after graduation
根据我的收入来增加还款金额
increasing the payment amounts in proportion to my income.
另外 我还会恢复每周五晚上跟你们吃饭
Plus, I will reinstate Friday night dinners with me.
每个礼拜五晚上 七点 我会准点到场的
Every Friday night, I will be here, seven o'clock on the dot.
- 很不错 - 我们非常想念你 Rory
- Well, how wonderful. - We've missed you, Rory.
我也想你们 那大家都同意了?
I've missed you, too. So this should work out for everyone, right?
当然没问题 很高兴能帮你
Absolutely. We're happy to do it.
- 别着急 - Richard
- Not so fast. - Richard.
我很高兴可以帮你付耶鲁学费 但是不想弄成贷款
Oh, I'm happy to pay for Yale, but I don't want it to be a loan.
不行 那不是我想要的 我想要贷款 否则一切太容易了
No, I don't want that. I want it to be a loan, because otherwise it's too easy.
那谈谈我的条件
Well, then here's my counteroffer.
这是贷款 但要等到你工作至少5年
Let's make it a loan, but I insist that you not start paying it back
如果读硕士的话 就是本科毕业7年
until at least five years after you graduate.
再开始还款
Seven years if you go for your Master's.
很公平 但我应该付利息
That sounds fair, but I should pay interest.
- 不用 - 外公
- No. - Grandpa.
这笔钱你绝对不用付利息的 否则太煞风景了
You are not going to pay me interest on this money, no way. That's a deal breaker.
- 好吧 - 很好
- Okay. - Good.
- 太好了 - 咱们达成协议
- Wonderful. - We have a deal.
要是新闻学不适合你 可以考虑毕业后替我工作
Listen, if journalism doesn't work out, you might consider working for me
你的谈判技巧不错 有着老虎一样的眼神
after you graduate. You've got good deal-making skills. Eye of the tiger.
我会记得的
I'll keep that in mind.
- 该走了 - Rory 你妈妈知道你来这里吗?
- I should go. - Rory, does your mother know you're here?
这是我自己的事情
This is my thing.
毕业典礼见
I'll see you at the ceremony.
你想坐哪里?
Where do you wanna sit?
代表毕业生的家人好友没有特别的位置坐吗?
Is there no special designated area for family and friends of the valedictorian?
包厢或者是有丝绒绳的某一排位子
Like a skybox or a velvet rope on one of the rows.
我们就是Chilton的50分乐队 男人们在哪里?
We're the Chilton equivalent of 50 Cent's posse. Where are the boys?
剧集 | 吉尔莫女孩(2000) | 导航列表