剧集 | 吉尔莫女孩(2000) | 导航列表
"Education is an admirable thing, but it is well to remember
但是我们必须谨记 有价值的东西都不是教出来的"
from time to time that nothing that is worth knowing can be taught."
--奥斯卡·王尔德
Oscar Wilde.
关于开拓人类思想 以上仅仅是众多观点中的三条
These are only three of many countless views on the expansion of the human mind.
幸运的是
I personally believe in all of them,
我个人赞同所有的观点 Chilton更是如此
and fortunately for me, so does Chilton.
它不仅仅具有悠久的历史
An institution not just because of age and standing,
更因理念而屹立不倒
but because of ideas.
因为它鼓励创新 兼容并包
Because it encourages ideas and it will accept nothing less
接受你所有的新思想
than everything you have to give.
我们的生命由此扬帆
This is the place where our lives start.
我现在站在这里
You know, it's funny,
很可笑
me standing here before you right now.
这四年里 我心无杂念
I've thought about nothing else
只想着这个学校
for four years but this school,
这所庞大 重要的学校
this big important school
拥有的历史
with all of its history
传统 还有顶尖的老师
and tradition and really super teachers.
我全心全意的
And I dedicated myself to it completely,
为它献出我的一腔热诚
heart and soul,
相信这它的能力
believing in its power,
相信它能使我随心所向
believing in its ability to get me where I needed to go.
这所学校就是哈佛
Harvard.
其它的我什么都不想
I thought of nothing else.
台下的很多人都可以作证
Many of you out there can attest to that fact.
我勇往直前 所向披靡
I was on my way and nothing could stop me.
然而可笑的是
And here's the really funny thing,
就在辛苦的四年要结束的时候
after four years of slaving away,
我在家里收到了这个
I go home today and I found this.
我没被哈佛录取
I'm not going to Harvard.
这个小信封
I got the tiny envelope,
里面写道
the one that reads,
"抱歉 Paris 我们对你不感兴趣
"Sorry, Paris. We're not interested.
来年再试吧 永远的 哈佛"
Try again next year. Love, Harvard."
可笑的事情就在于
And the thing that's really funny here is,
这世上还有谁比我更应该进哈佛?
who in the world deserves to go to Harvard more than me?
你们有没有看到 我这四年是何等的努力?
Have you seen how hard I've worked over these past four years?
你们有谁能相信 我竟然无缘哈佛?
I mean, can anyone here believe that I'm not going to Harvard?
我无法接受
I can't.
我去不了哈佛
I'm not going to Harvard.
我去不了哈佛
I am not going to Harvard.
我发生过性关系 但是我去不了哈佛
I had sex, but I'm not going to Harvard.
稍安勿燥
Okay.
如果你们问我
And I have to tell you that if you asked me
这两者中哪个不太可能发生?
which of those two events I thought would be the least likely to happen,
那就是去不了哈佛
it would not be the not going to Harvard.
谢谢大家 晚安
Thank you and good night.
我被惩罚了 我和别人上了床 所以去不了哈佛
I'm being punished. I had sex, so now I don't get to go to Harvard.
Paris 走吧
Paris, come on.
她没有 所以她很可能被录取
She's never had sex. She'll probably go to Harvard.
她已经迈进一只脚了 带着你的贞节去哈佛吧 Gilmore!
She's a shoe in. Pack your chastity belt, Gilmore – you're going to Harvard!
走吧!
Come on!
我为什么进不了哈佛啊?
How could I have not gotten into Harvard?
Gellar家五代人都进了
Five generations of Gellars have gotten into Harvard.
即使我只是家里的Billy Carter
Even if I was the Billy Carter of the family,
这个名字也是有分量的
the name is still supposed to carry some weight.
Paris
Paris.
我落榜了 大家就不会喜欢我了
They had to really not like me for me to not get in.
- 他们就知道我去不了 - 别说了
- It's like they know me or something. - Stop.
我明白这对你有多重要 Paris
I know how much this meant to you, Paris,
但是你可以去其它的好大学
but you are going to get just as good an education
继续你的学业啊
at one of the other great schools you're destined to get into.
你知道吗?
And you know what?
你去别的学校 说不定还是件好事呢
Maybe it's a good thing that you're going to a different school
说不定比你家的人都厉害
than the rest of your family.
你可以走自己的路 开创自己的先河
You'll be doing your own thing, starting your own tradition.
不是很振奋吗?
Doesn't that sound exciting?
我竟然和Jamie发生了关系
I can't believe I slept with Jamie.
像荡♥妇♥一样
I'm a slut.
不 你不是 你爱他啊
No, you're not. You love him.
如果他不爱我了呢?
What if he doesn't love me anymore?
如果他觉得我不特别了呢?
What if he doesn't think I'm special anymore?
我该怎么跟他说 我没进哈佛?
How am I going to tell him I didn't get into Harvard?
我该怎么办啊?
What am I gonna do?
Paris 虽然我不知道你落榜的原因
Paris, I don't know why you didn't get into Harvard,
但是你很聪明
but you are so smart
也很特别 我保证 一起都会好起来的
and so special and you'll see, everything's gonna be fine.
嘿 我来看看 你们都没事吧?
Hey, I just wanted to make sure everything was okay.
嗯 我们都平静下来了 谢谢
Yeah, we've got everything under control, thanks.
好 我就在外面等你们 不用急
Okay. I'll be outside when you're ready. No rush.
谢谢
Thanks.
我想说的是
Well, all I've gotta say is,
都是被那事儿给害的
after all the trouble this sex thing has caused me,
我不应该做的
I better have been good.
这才是我认识和喜爱的你啊
That's the perspective I know and love.
爸 不好意思 我去看了看她们
Dad, hi, sorry. I was just checking on the girls.
希望她们感觉甚好
Well, I hope they're feeling very good about themselves.
讲得很好
They did a wonderful job.
她们听到你这么说一定很高兴
Yes, I'm sure they'll be very pleased to hear you think so.
我现在得回家了
Listen, I need to get home.
我要等通来自中国的电♥话♥ 不能错过
I'm expecting a very important call from China that unfortunately I cannot miss.
那好吧 爸爸 我会告诉Rory的
That's fine, Dad. I'll tell Rory you had to go.
好 告诉她我随后打给她 把这个交给她
All right. And tell her I'll call her later, and give her this.
真好 我找到它们你怎么奖励?
That's very nice. Now how about my finder's fee?
你真幽默 我今晚过的很愉快
You're very amusing. Thank you for a lovely evening,
咱们周五见
and I'll see the two of you on Friday.
晚安 睡个好觉
Good night. Sleep tight.
请问 我的大衣怎么不在这儿?
Excuse me, hi. I am not seeing my coat here,
非常可爱 打折买♥♥的
and it was very cute and it was on sale,
如果丢了 我就从楼顶跳下去
and I will fling myself off a building if I lose it.
我们把部分衣架放去教室那边了
We put some of the coat racks in the classroom over there,
去看看吧 没有的话 去楼顶的楼梯在你右手边
take a look. Otherwise the staircase to the roof is on your right.
多谢
Thank you.
两百年历史啊 Chilton终于闹了个大笑话
Took two hundred years, but somebody at Chilton finally cracked a joke.
又碰到了
Okay.
这儿肯定是存放寒酸衣服的地方
So, this is where they keep the coats they're ashamed of.
这学校真是势利到一定程度了
Well, this school has taken snobbery to a whole new level.
Rory还好吧?
So, is Rory okay?
嗯 我刚找到她了
Oh, yeah, I just went back there.
她在安慰Paris 她很好 多谢关心
She's taking care of Paris, but she's good, thanks.
不得不说 当老师十年了
I must say, I've been a teacher for ten years now,
直到今天我才认识到 做女孩真不容易
and it wasn't until today I realized, it must be really hard to be a girl.
加上丝芙兰的诱惑 真是太贵了
And with the invention of Sephora, really expensive, too.
- 真抱歉啊 - 不用
- I'm very sorry. - Oh, don't be.
不过即使我们不是苏格兰人 也可以穿短裙了
At least we get to wear skirts without being Scottish
能在同志游♥行♥中踩花车
or riding a float in the gay pride parade.
总有一天会改变的
That'll change someday my friend,
再怎么变化 我也不♥穿♥短裙
and when it does, I still won't wear a skirt.
不过我会赞同别人这么做
But I'll applaud those that do,
只要不被别人发现我与他们为伍
and then cross the street so nobody sees I'm with them.
- 见到你很高兴 - 我也是
- It was nice seeing you. - Nice to see you, too.
- 保重 - 我会的
- Take care of yourself. - I will.
显然 我还忘不了你
And apparently, I'm not over it.
我不会扔掉那些刀的 Jackson
I'm not getting rid of my knives, Jackson.
作为厨师 刀是必备的
I'm a chef, I have to have knives.
而且我也不会切断水供给
And I'm also not cutting off the water supply
更不会打磨家居棱角
and I'm not sanding down all the edges of my furniture.
很遗憾你认为这房♥子处处不安全
Now, I'm sorry that you think this house is a deathtrap,
甚至认为我们的生活方式
and I'm sorry that you think there is nothing in our lifestyles
不利于养孩子
that is conducive to having a baby,
可是我们的孩子不会笨到 卸了制冰机的水管
剧集 | 吉尔莫女孩(2000) | 导航列表