剧集 | 父亲委员会 | 导航列表
我们今天就得手术
We operate today.
今天吗
Today, today?
我的首要任务是保住她的心脏功能
Preserving her heart function is my main priority,
从她心房♥扩大的速度来看
and with the rate of atrial enlargement, frankly,
我担心她会心脏骤停
I worry about sudden cardiac arrest.
我每年都带她检查
I take her for her yearly checkups.
这不是任何人的错 她的病就是这样
This is no one's fault, just the nature of her condition.
我认为最好采取激进疗法
I think a deliberately aggressive approach is best.
进展得太快了
It's happening really fast.
现在我理解我的病人临产时的感受了
Now I know how my patients feel when they're about to deliver,
她们都说没准备好
and they tell me they're not ready.
然后呢
And?
你会怎么跟他们说
What do you tell him?
我会说 "最好准备好
I tell them, "Better get ready,
不管你喜欢与否 事已至此"
because this is happening whether you like it or not."
你打开我的胸腔后 会怎么样
What happens after you open up my chest?
体外循环机会接管你的身体
A bypass machine takes over,
让你的心脏休息一下
so your heart can take a little break.
休息
A--a break?
我的心脏会停止跳动吗
Like my heart's gonna stop beating?
我会死吗
Like I'll be dead?
不 核心目的就是让你健康活着
No, the whole point is to keep you very much alive.
可我的心脏都停跳了
But my heart stops beating.
别太在意这些细节
Let's not worry about all those details.
这些由我处理
Leave those up to me.
细节有助于减轻她的忧虑
Details help ease her worry, actually.
我女儿喜欢了解情况
My girl likes to be in the know.
好吧
Okay.
对 你的心脏在我们修复时会停跳
Yes, your heart stops beating while we fix it.
我能带爸爸进手术室吗
Can I take dad with me into the O.R.?
你♥爸♥爸
Your dad?
孩子们会轮流保管爸爸的骨灰
The kids take turns hanging out with their dad's ashes.
说出来比我想象的更诡异啊
Which sounds way creepier than I thought it would.
手术室要保持无菌状态 孩子们都请求
We keep the O.R. sterile. Kids ask all the time
把最喜欢的毛绒玩具或者
if they can bring in their favorite stuffed animal
变形金刚带进去 而我必须一视同仁
or Transformer, and I've gotta tell you what I tell them:
爸爸只能在手术室外等你
Dad's gotta wait for you outside the O.R.
等等
Hang on.
小夏要求的不是毛绒玩具或者变形金刚
Char's not asking for a stuffed animal or a Transformer.
她只是想稍微能控制住情况
All she's asking for is a little control.
抱歉 这样不行
I'm sorry, but it's not an option.
听着 我女儿
Listen, my daughter spent
直到五岁都住在孤儿院里
the first five years of her life in an orphanage
那里一个人要看管十个孩子
with a baby-to-caregiver ratio of 10-to-1,
如果她哭了 没人会去哄她
so she would cry, and no one would come,
于是她学会了只能依靠自己
and she learned that she was alone.
我们收养她后 就教她
And when we adopted her, we had to teach her
不用控制一切 要相信我们
to give up some of that control and to trust us,
可控制力对她而言仍是一个问题
but control is still an issue with her,
所以我请求你重新考虑一下
and I'm asking you to reconsider.
骨灰可以装在无菌袋里
The ashes could go in a sterile bag.
不会有额外风险
There would be no added risk.
谢谢
Thank you.
到了
This is it.
就是他
That's him.
你进去吗
Are you coming?
如果你需要的话
Only if you need me to.
-我觉得我需要 -好
- I think I need you to. - Okay
你好啊 看看你
Hello! Look at you.
长这么大了
All grown up.
你可能猜到了 我是威尔 喜欢拥抱
You probably guessed, I'm Will, and I'm a hugger.
是啊
Yes.
快请进吧
Please, come on in.
安东尼·拉维尔 我们之前见过
Anthony Lavelle. We've met before.
是啊 打监护权官司时在法庭见过
Yes, in court, during the custody case.
我记着呢
I remember.
来吧
Hey, come on.
你家真漂亮
Oh, you have a beautiful house.
夏洛特觉得骨灰在JJ的房♥间里
So Charlotte thinks the ashes are in JJ's room.
JJ在找 但还没找到
Yeah, JJ's looking, but no luck so far.
我在西奥房♥间找过了
I tried Theo's.
找过小夏的柜子吗
Have you tried Char's closet?
找过 不在这里
Yeah. No, they're not in here.
这表明我们必须想出办法
This is a sign that we need to figure out what to do
如何一劳永逸地保存斯科蒂的骨灰
with Scotty's ashes, once and for all.
孩子们轮流保存
Larry, the way these kids take turns with 'em,
-早晚会弄丢的 -这样吧
- they're gonna lose 'em. - You know what?
我先把手♥机♥放下 去仔细找找
Let me put the phone down for a minute so I can really look.
给你玩了 你能喜欢
Hope will entertain you.
宝贝 我是妈妈
Hi, sweet girl! It's mama!
我今天得去医院 好吗
Hey, listen, I have to spend the day at the hospital, okay?
希望你别给拉里添麻烦
So, I need you to take it easy on Larry.
还有 你能不能
And, um, would you also please
也照顾一下你哥哥 JJ
take care of your brother, JJ?
对他来说真的很可怕
This is really scary for him.
找到了 在枕头后面的角落里
Found it! Behind the pillow, in the corner,
跟你想的一模一样
just where you'd expect it.
很好 真的很谢谢你 拉里
Great, okay. Thank you, Larry. Really.
等等 我得挂了 我妈妈来电♥话♥了
Oh, hold on, I've gotta go. That's my mom.
天哪
Oh, my goodness.
你的妈妈真的很厉害 知道吗
You, you have a really amazing mama, you know that?
-苔丝 我收到你的短♥信♥了 -你不用那么小声
- Tess? I got your text. - You don't have to whisper.
我说过这里只有我一个人
I told you I'm the only one in here.
好吧 我们能不能在女厕所外面
Okay, um, any chance we could move this conversation
-说这件事 -不行
- out of the ladies' room? - No.
我的脸哭肿了
My face is puffy from crying.
我和夏洛特吵了一架
I picked a fight with Charlotte,
她的心碎了一地
and her heart, like, exploded, or whatever.
宝贝 我很遗憾你们俩吵架了
Oh, baby, I'm sorry you two got into a fight,
但这不是你的错
but it isn't your fault.
只是时间问题
It's just time.
等时机到了 自然就好了
And when it's time, it's time.
也许我是时候换个好朋友了
Maybe it's time for me to get a new best friend.
她不再需要我了
She doesn't need me anymore.
她有了很酷的朋友们 比如弗雷亚
She's got cool friends now, like Freya.
夏洛特爱你
Charlotte loves you.
不过听上去她和你疏远了一些
But it sounds like she's branching out a little.
这很正常
That's normal.
你得给她成长的空间
You've gotta give her room to grow.
也要允许你自己成长
And give yourself permission to grow, too.
好吧 我不想打个比方
Okay, not to get all metaphorical,
夏洛特的心很低落 因为它需要成长
but Char's heart is failing because it needs to expand,
但是没有空间
and there's no room.
一切都需要成长空间 宝贝 即便是好朋友之间
Everything needs room to grow, baby, even best friends.
想听听我比喻的回答吗
Wanna hear my metaphorical response?
当然
Sure.
妈妈 我把爸爸带来了
Mom. I brought dad.
亲爱的 谢谢你能来
Hey, love, thank you for coming.
听到卢利的消息了吗
Have you heard from Luly?
拉里说她的车坏了
Yeah, Larry said her car broke down,
安东尼去接她了
so Anthony went to go get her.
感谢安东尼
Well, thank goodness for Anthony.
小夏要准备手术了
Uh, Char is getting prepped for surgery,
但我会告诉她你们来了
but I'll tell her that you're here.
-她怎么样 -她很好
- How is she? - She's great.
她没事
Yeah, she's fine.
手术是世界上最平常的事了
Surgery is the most routine thing in the world.
她会没事的
It's gonna be fine.
我信了
Well, I'm convinced.
她真的没事
Really, she's fine.
剧集 | 父亲委员会 | 导航列表