剧集 | 父亲委员会 | 导航列表
我长大了还能像爸爸一样在那里工作吗
Could I still work there when I'm old enough, like Dad?
当然
Sure.
听着 我知道就是钱 但他们给的钱
Listen, I know it's only money, but the amount they're offering
可以供你们所有人读完大学
could put all you guys through college.
如果我能拿奖学金呢
What if I get a scholarship?
这样我们能留着蟹棚吗
Then can we keep the Crab Shack?
没错 我不用学费
Yeah, and I don't even need tuition,
因为我不去上大学
'cause I'm not going to college.
-西奥 你要去上大学 -谁说的
- Theo, yes, you are. - Says who?
我说的 但我们不讨论这个
Says me, but you know what?
我们明天再吵吧 我累了
Let's have this fight tomorrow. I'm exhausted.
我们也是 因为打橄榄球了
Us too, from football.
是吗 谁打橄榄球了
Oh, yeah? Who's playing football?
西奥 他的手拿球很稳
Theo. He has sticky fingers.
所以他能进球队
That means he's gonna make the team.
什么球队 橄榄球吗
What team? The football team?
奥利弗一直在训练我
Oliver's been coaching me.
他说我很适合打橄榄球
He says I'm really good at it.
西奥 还是选个不那么容易
Theo, pick a sport with a lower rate
让你脑损伤的运动吧
of life-altering brain injury.
求你了 你♥爸♥不是喜欢足球吗
I beg you. Dad loved soccer, right?
是啊 可他还是死了
Yeah, and he died anyway.
这是什么
What's this?
贵重物品 鱼饵
Precious cargo. The bait.
是生的鸡脖子
It's raw chicken necks.
卢利 我们有鸡脖子
Luly, we have chicken necks.
想和我们一起去抓蟹吗
Want to come crabbing with us?
不行 我有篇文章要交
I can't. I'm on a writing deadline.
怎么样
What's up?
我得在涨潮之前过去
I got to get out there before the tides change.
我有些问题
Hey, I have some questions,
我觉得你或许能回答
and I think you might have the answers.
为什么这么觉得
Why is that?
你知道关于我爸的真♥相♥
You know the truth about my dad.
关于你♥爸♥的什么
What about your dad?
关于在我小时候 我们的生活
About our life when I was a baby.
这是为了一个"开启职业生涯"的写作项目
It's for a "Launch my career" kind of writing project.
真♥相♥是什么
What's the real story there?
真♥相♥...
Oh, the real story...
说来话长
is a long one.
我得走了
Got to get going.
看来我要和你一起去了
Well, I guess I'm coming with you, then.
出发
Let's go.
-我们快点开 还是特别快呢 -特别快
- We going fast or super fast? - Super fast!
这个13岁小孩有三♥级♥脑出血
This is a grade-three brain bleed on a 13-year-old.
-因为什么 -罗宾...
- The cause? - Robin...
橄榄球
Football.
这人的创伤性脑损伤严重到
This guy's TBI is so severe,
他想不起来自己住在哪里
he can barely remember where he lives.
为什么呢 奥利
how'd he get that way, Ollie?
-很可能是因为打过多年的职业... -打橄榄球
- Likely years of playing professional-- - By playing football.
是你让我帮忙的
You asked me to help.
对 我是让你帮忙别把事情变糟
Yes, I asked you to help not make things worse.
我正和这孩子斗争呢 奥利
I am fighting my own battles with this kid, Ollie,
而你却把我变成了
and you've turned me
不让他打橄榄球的邪恶女巫
into the wicked witch who said no to football.
要是你考虑一下同意呢
What if you considered saying yes?
你看到这些片子了吗
Have you seen the scans?
我知道有风险 作为波斯特医生
I know the risks, and as Dr. Post,
我不觉得橄榄球好
I struggle with the game,
可作为奥利弗
but as Oliver,
橄榄球支撑我度过了一些艰难时光
football got me through some hard times.
大学很艰难
College wasn't easy.
我那时还没出柜 是橄榄球拯救了我
I was still closeted, and football was my salvation.
我知道 可...
I know, but--
你上一次看到西奥兴奋是什么时候
When's the last time you saw Theo excited?
-那可是西奥 -我在认真地问你
- I mean, it's Theo. - I'm honestly asking.
确实有段时间了
I mean, it's been a while.
没错 你之前的担心是对的
Exactly, and you were right to be worried before.
西奥有很强的攻击性 却无处释放
Theo has a lot of aggression and no place to put it.
橄榄球可以成为他发泄的地方
Football can be that place.
我没法允许我儿子去做有可能受伤的事
I can't sign a permission slip for my son to get hurt.
这决定不容易
It's a tough call,
不过世界上有两种孩子
but there are two types of kids--
一种孩子白天在公园玩
kids who play in the park during the day
另一种则晚上在公园喝酒
and kids who drink there at night.
我们都清楚斯科特是哪一种
We both know which one Scott was.
你想让西奥成为哪一种
Which kid do you want Theo to be?
-你看到了吗 -看到了
- Did you see that? - Yeah.
-你觉得那是什么 -不知道
- What do you think it is? - I don't know.
我想写一篇关于我爸爸的文章
I want to write about my dad,
大家只告诉过我 他是个酒鬼
and all I've ever been told is he was a drunk,
有我之后 戒酒了
he had me, he got sober.
可到底发生了什么
What really happened there?
-情况很复杂 -我知道
- It was a messy situation. - I know.
我知道领养的事
I mean, I know about the adoption.
-是吗 -对
- You do? - Yeah.
好吧
Okay.
我觉得你妈可能都不知道他们
I just don't even think your mom knows about them.
谁们
About who?
你不是说你知道领养的事吗
You just said you know about the adoption?
我知道我曾经在领养名单里
I know I was put up for adoption.
-好吧 -他们是谁
- Right. - Who's them?
那对本来要领养我的夫妇吗
The couple that was gonna adopt me?
-对 -你在瞒着我什么
- Yeah. - What are you not telling me?
显然 有些事你♥爸♥爸
There's stuff your dad
不想让你知道
obviously didn't want you to know.
这些事不该由我讲
It's not my story to tell.
这是我的事
It's my story.
这才是重点
That's the thing,
如果他不想让我知道 说明他错了
and if he didn't want me to know it, then he was wrong.
难道他不会犯错吗
Can't he have been wrong?
好吧
Okay, um...
那对想领养你的夫妇...
The couple that wanted to adopt you...
确实领养了你 他们带你回家了
They did. They took you home.
我有过另一个家庭吗
I had another family?
待了多久
For how long?
几个月
Couple of months.
在你出生几周后
Your dad decided he wanted you
你♥爸♥才决定他想抚养你
a few weeks after you were born,
但他必须打官司 所以...
but we had to go to court, so...
在我们争取你的时候 你一直和他们住在一起
you stayed with them while we fought for you.
他们也争取过我
And they fought for me, too.
没错 他们输了 因为你♥爸♥赢了
They did, and they lost, because your dad won.
他说过在我出生后 他一看见我的脸
He said he saw my face after I was born
就知道了他想成为什么样的人
and knew who he wanted to be.
我想这是事实
And I think that's true.
可我想 他害怕极了也是事实
But I also think it's true that he was scared to death.
他那时候年轻 单身 破产 还酗酒
I mean, he was young, single, and broke and an alcoholic.
他还能怎么办 只好喝得酩酊大醉
So what did he do? He went on a bender.
几周后 他来到我家门口
A couple of weeks later, he shows up at my door,
满身凌乱 说他想戒酒
obliterated, saying he wants to get sober
想当爸爸 问我会不会帮他
and he wants to be a dad, and would I help him?
那你帮他了吗
And you did?
我让他冲了个冷水澡
I threw him in a cold shower.
我把家里所有的酒都倒了
I-I poured out all the booze in the house,
因为我能够看到 唯一能让我朋友戒酒的
because I could see if anything was gonna make my friend sober,
就是你
it was you.
-我也做到了 -没错
- And I did. - Yeah.
没错 你做到了
Yeah. You did.
剧集 | 父亲委员会 | 导航列表