剧集 | 父亲委员会 | 导航列表
- You're my mom. - I don't lie.
我跟夏洛特说过她很擅长陶艺吗
Did I tell Charlotte that she was good at pottery?
不 但那又不难
No, but that was easy,
因为她在其他事情上也很有天赋
because she's also a genius at everything else.
你在写作上很有天赋 那女人错了
You're a genius at writing. That woman's wrong.
我的故事是关于爸爸...
My story's about Dad...
-以及其他的... -关于什么的
- and stuff. - What stuff?
他那时害怕死亡吗
Was he scared to die?
亲爱的 现在不适合讨论这个话题
You know, love, this isn't a great time for that conversation.
永远都不合适
It's never a great time.
你们把我们保护得过度了 以至于我现在
You guys protected us so much that now
成了一个白♥痴♥ 在一群真正的作家面前
I'm the idiot reading a memoir
读着人物形象平平无奇的回忆录
with a flat character in front of a group of real writers.
他当时吓坏了
He was terrified.
在发现了癌症复发之后
After he found out that the cancer was back...
他又开始喝酒了
uh, he fell off the wagon.
他已经戒酒23年了
He was 23 years sober.
只是一夜之间 一念之差
It was one night. It was one slip.
拉里把他带回了家
Larry brought him home.
他羞愧万分
And he was so ashamed,
一周之后我们才能坐下来聊这事
it was a week before even we could talk about it.
这真是...
That's...
还想知道其他令人惊讶的事吗
Want another wow?
有一家公♥司♥想出重金
There is a company that wants to buy the Crab Shack
买♥♥下蟹棚
for a lot of money.
-你想卖♥♥掉爸爸的店吗 -我不想卖♥♥
- You want to sell Dad's place? - I don't want to sell it.
那你为什么要考虑
Then why are you even considering it?
我们又不需要这笔钱
It's not like we need the money.
-我们其实需要 -从什么时候开始的
- We do, actually. - Since when?
一直需要 家里有五个孩子 有医疗费用...
I mean, since forever. We got five kids and medical bills and...
我真希望他能在这里告诉我该怎么做
And I wish that he was here to tell me what to do,
但他不在
but he's not.
我想你是不同意了
I take it your vote is no?
我不会同意的 抱歉
It's not a yes. Sorry.
-弟弟妹妹们怎么想 -我今晚告诉他们
- What do the little kids think? - I'm telling them tonight.
-冰淇淋圣代杯 -冰淇淋圣代杯
- Ice cream sundae bar. - Ice cream sundae bar.
埃文 我很高兴你回到建筑系来
Evan, I am thrilled you're coming back to the architecture program.
是啊 挺好的 我妈妈好些了
Yeah. It's good. You know, my mom's better.
我结婚了 状态很好
I got married. I'm in a good place.
这两年在你身上发生了很多变化
Wow. A lot's changed for you, in two years...
我们也是
and us, too.
-你听说了实验室的事吗 -听说了
- Have you heard about the lab? - Yeah.
你们要到附近地区翻新旧房♥屋
You're going into neighborhoods and renovating old houses.
我们准备去库勒布朗斯维尔区
We're going into Cuyler-Brownsville.
我在那里出生
I was born over there.
你在我课上的期末报告上提到过
I remember, from your final paper in my class.
你给这个实验室带来了灵感 埃文
You inspired this lab, Evan.
对学生们来说 这是亲手实践的经历
It's hands-on experience for the students
对那个地区来说 是渴求已久的复兴
and some welcome revitalization for that neighborhood.
你们要把那里改造成贵族区吗
So are you guys gentrifying the place?
我们没想让任何人离开
We're not trying to displace anyone,
如果你想问的是这个
if that's what you mean.
不 我...
Yeah, no, I...
-抱歉 我不是那个意思... -我知道
- Sorry. I-I didn't mean-- - No.
我十岁的时候我们就搬走了
We moved out when I was ten,
但那个街区对我来说意义重大
but that neighborhood means a lot to me.
它是内战后由奴隶建立的
You know, it was founded by slaves after the Civil War.
我们正和当地社区领导合作
We're working with the local community leaders
确保保留其历史称号♥
to make sure it keeps its historical designation.
太好了
Cool, cool, cool, um...
还有一件事...
So one other thing, uh...
-我发现学费涨了 -是的
- I noticed the tuition hikes. - Yeah.
这是做生意的成本
It's the cost of doing business.
没错
Right. Um...
今年学费有点太高了
the cost just feels a little extra this year,
我妈妈的医疗费还在不断增加
with my mom's medical bills still rolling in.
我们有很多助学金
Yeah, well, we have got substantial financial aid.
给
Here.
欢迎返校
Welcome back.
这样就能摆脱僵尸
That is how you outrun zombies.
-我永远也做不到 -是吗
- I could never do that. - Yeah, man.
一点练习加指导 你就能做到
A little practice and coaching, you could get there.
你看见这张椅子了吗
All right, look, um, you see this chair?
-看到了 -这就是个僵尸
- Yeah. - Okay, that is a zombie,
那个角落也是个僵尸
and the corner-- that's a zombie, too.
篮筐也是
Also the basket, all right?
现在你手里有他们想要的东西
Now, you got something they want.
-是什么 -橄榄球
- What's that? - The football.
你得在他们抢走之前触地得分
And you would eat dirt before you let 'em have it.
他跨跳
He hurdles!
他做假动作 他跳跃
He jukes! He jumps!
他该做什么
Whoa! What's he gonna do?
到处都是僵尸 发生了什么 他闪身躲避
There are zombies everywhere. What's happening? Oh, he ducks!
又一个假动作
Whoa! Another fake!
然后他得分
And he scores!
你想参加球队选拔吗
You want to try out for the team?
这个人就是你的秘密武器
You got that guy as your secret weapon.
接得好
Nice catch.
拉里 我得跟你谈谈
Hey, Larry. I need to talk to you.
是关于蟹棚吗
Is this about the Crab Shack?
因为苍天可鉴 他们先来找我的
Because as God as my witness, they approached me first.
我发现我爸爸戒酒失败的事了
I found out about my dad falling off the wagon.
我正在写他去年的事
I'm trying to write about his last year,
包括那晚
including that night.
我妈妈说你在酒吧碰到他
My mom said you met him at the bar.
没错
I did.
他说了什么
What did he say?
那不能由我告诉你
That's not for me to tell you.
很明显他本人没法告诉我
Well, he obviously can't tell me.
你想知道什么
What is it that you're looking for?
他的感受 为什么喝酒
What he was feeling, why he drank.
他喝酒 因为他是个酒鬼
He drank because he was an alcoholic.
但他戒酒了23年
But he was sober for 23 years.
去世之前也戒了67天
And he died 67 days sober...
对他来说 这67天
And he was as proud of those 67 days
和之前的23年一样骄傲
as he was the 23 years that came before.
好的一面我都知道 拉里
I know all the good stuff, Larry.
我知道他是个很棒的人
I know that he was a great guy
他为戒酒而奋斗
and that he fought for his sobriety
他爱他的家庭
and he loved his family,
但为了让我能写自己
but in order for me to write about me,
我需要了解他
I need to know about him.
我需要知道他坏的一面
I need to know his demons.
你知道你有多幸运
Do you know how lucky you are
你♥爸♥爸在毁掉你人生之前戒了酒
that your dad quit drinking before he ruined your life?
你不用看到他坏的一面
That you didn't have to see his demons?
你可以敬佩你♥爸♥爸
That you got to admire your dad?
因为他令人钦佩
Because he was admirable.
珍惜这馈赠吧 卢利
Appreciate that gift, Luly.
你的戒指真漂亮
Oh, wow. Your ring-- it's stunning.
这是... 谢谢你
Oh, it's-- Uh, thank you.
我刚刚订婚了
I-I just got engaged.
戒指感觉还是有点别扭和尴尬 但是...
The ring still feels kind of clunky and awkward, but--
-你习惯了吗 -会习惯的
- Do you get used to it? - You do, yeah.
-恭喜你 -谢谢
- Congratulations. - Thank you.
你结婚多久了
How long have you been married?
我丈夫...
Uh, my husband...
我是个寡妇
I'm a widow.
我太抱歉了
Oh, um, I'm--I'm so sorry.
-我能不能... -当然
- Could I, uh-- - Oh, yeah. Of course.
我的父亲
剧集 | 父亲委员会 | 导航列表